Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,293 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? (13592 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Crypto4life: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Koolyarn:

If there is a f.....d up and evil world , then there should be a straight and good world.

You cant call anything bent till you have a concept of straight.

The Bible told us what created the f..d and the evil. Men wanted to be domineering rather than dominate. Mankind wanted to be God rather than worship and obey God. Man followed the serpent in quest to be like God

God has offered us a chance to the alternate world which is straight and Good. Where lions play with a child. Isaiah 11:6, But you must first accept and be like His prototype i.e Jesus who is describe as the second Adam in order to fit into this world.

why create a goat and declare grass eating a sin?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
May God strengthen us all
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by lastchild: 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2021
am presently about to lose my faith in God
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by ibedun: 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
Africa is poor due to faith in God!!!

God is a product of man’s crazy imagination
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
Am still broken, God existence?
Well will always believe there is a creator and who ever he is i adore and needs his presence around me.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Thazard(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
I haven't yet lost total faith in God. I'm still hoping he would stretch out his hands and bless me financially. I'm in a deep financial Ness!

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by CAPITALBEE: 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
Built2last:
Never. My Faith in Him is Rock solid

Wow... So you mean to say there were no moments at all

Even Apostle Paul's faith was tested... Kindly be honest to the question put forth!

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by ibedun: 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Thazard:
I haven't yet lost total faith in God. I'm still hoping he would stretch out his hands and bless me financially. I'm in a deep financial Ness!

Poverty is smiling at you!

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
If you mean the Christian God from the WHITE MAN? grin

I can NEVER overcome that o. GOOOOOOD RIDDDDDDDDANCE for ever! kiss
Now that I understand that religion is a tool for mind control, I cannot allow that manipulative concept to continue to destabilize my emotional, physical, economic and material being.

In the name of “GOD” missionaries invaded and colonized Africa and the world. You enslaved your now spiritually-displaced AFRICAN-AMERICAN siblings for shots of illicit gin and broken mirrors that could not show the reflection of the darkest parts of your pathetic souls. You lost your spirituality, self-reliance, financial autonomy and humaneness. Even after slavery was long abolished, “WAZOBIA FULANI HERDSMEN” still kidnap and enslave you for financial gains.

In the name of “ALLAH”, jihadists maim and torture “infidels”.

Should I go on?

In the name of “YAWEH”, pastors deplete the life-savings of the most gullible who keep searching for illusory break-throughs.

I now perfectly understand that the only GOD you can worship is in your heart, and not in any “holy book” or edifice with facetious congregants.

The best part? YOU DON’T NEED FAITH if YOUR GOD FAILS YOU. You only need ONE CODE. . . . . BELIEVE IN YOURSELF till your “GOD” gets with YOUR PROGRAM, not his or hers.

Learn to THINK for yourself instead of following BLINDLY like sheep.

If you can’t DIE like your JESUS, you are not a Christian. Yeaaaah. . . You killed him or he died for you to keep committing the same sins with impunity?

Who una dey deceive na? Una moo moo done doooo ! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by harmony75: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
I will say I was not sure how GOD was going to do it...everyone in the family was against us, Infact ready to take all from us. pastors where intercedingfor us and GOD was bring people in our lives to solve problems but family members no no this is a wicked world o. I was afraid but still had faith you know the bibles says if your faith is like a mustered seed if you command the mountains to move it will move. my brothers and sisters GOD came through for us shamed the enemies, we recovered all one wanted to go mad they did not know how!!! our little prayers, fasting vigils God come through for us, pls don't loose faith hold on to GOD for he will give you victory without a fight and you will hold your peace � � what a mighty God we serve?! for these experience I never doubt GOD anymore because He knows what's our fears and our heart desires ❤ this is my testimony GOD bless you, happy Mother's Day to all our lovely!!!

6 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Thazard(m): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
ibedun:

Poverty is smiling at you!

Meaning?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by masterP042(m): 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
I watched my grandma groan in pain day and night, for weeks as a result of cancer, all the pastors we knew prayed for her, she gave her life to christ over and over again. All church members visited us to pray for her. My dad constantly donated blood to her almost on a weekly basis. I prayed, we all prayed, but still yet, she died after the whole prayers and money spent.
What broke me was not that she died, what broke me was the constant pain the innocent woman went through. How can a human die such a tragic death, for something she knows nothing about. She cried to God to soothe her pain, she cried for almost a year, lost all her weight, and later gave up the fight.
How can a good God allow good people to die of cancer I can't even pray for buhari my worst enemy right now to suffer such

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Casham: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
Honestly, My Faith is broken, probably beyond repair already. Prayer is just a formality for me because I know nobody will answer. But I envy those with an unwavering faith. They have no idea the kind of peace of mind they got. None of my prayers ever seemed to be answered. I prayed for one thing for years but it only get worse. And now, this year, everything just broke. Years of my life wasted. And God said nothing. He did nothing. I ask the question 'Why?' more than a hundred times every day. I read the book " When God doesn't make sense" by Dr James Dobson over and over again. But I still can't understand why? Why is He always quite. I never believed in Hell, so I am not afraid to leave, but I am already addicted to the idea of God. I just finally choose to live on auto-mode. My life is in my hand now. I don't care anymore. God sees my heart: I am an honest and sincere doubter.

7 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Mine was a strange sickness but thank God for being Godly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Thank you, Jesus. embarassed

❤❤❤
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by AnimationsVilla: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
For those whose prayers are not answered by God do you know that God said in the Bible that he wouldn't answer the prayers of sinners?

Were you righteous when you prayed or you were just committing sin and was expecting him to answer you??

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by kelliazy(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
I have not stop to struggle with flesh , I was one of the gifted teacher and an instrumentalist in my church, if was Not God eh, fornication and pride almost finish me oh

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Heineken(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
No job since 2014 and lack of money. Till now the faith don disappear.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
merieam16:
U cant rule out the place of prayer in as much work is key. At some point in life will always need that G factor be it Grace or God which only prayer can do

Work without faith is dead,so it goes hand in hand
If I will or should ever pray, it should be to seek forgiveness when I know I've done wrong... Not to seek for help or miracles.

Explain work
Explain faith
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Koolyarn: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
Crypto4life:
why create a goat and declare grass eating a sin?

Never seen it where eating grass is a sin

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
Gen 1:29

We are to eat plants as food and herb

Humorously, A goat is expected to eat grass ( whatever that means). And Humans are primarily to eat ... The goat

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Koolyarn:

If there is a f.....d up and evil world , then there should be a straight and good world.

You cant call anything bent till you have a concept of straight.

The Bible told us what created the f..d and the evil. Men wanted to be domineering rather than dominate. Mankind wanted to be God rather than worship and obey God. Man followed the serpent in quest to be like God

God has offered us a chance to the alternate world which is straight and Good. Where lions play with a child. Isaiah 11:6, But you must first accept and be like His prototype i.e Jesus who is describe as the second Adam in order to fit into this world.

You are enlightened.

3 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by SpicyMimi(f): 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
First my sweet mama was battling with a Very serious and shameful Iillness. It made her fight every single person she stays with, there was no peace for one day! Poverty crept in so many times, but God never abandoned us. Fifty Naira meant so much to us at some point, calls from neighbors almost gave me bp, as she’d have caused so much problems and no landlord could cope, so from flat to face me I face you and we kept moving like that for more than a decade, also visited the hospital several times. At this point, families decided we take her to her village so an herbalist could work on her. I stood on my ground and didn’t agree, God finally came through at this point and today she is perfectly healed now to the Glory of God in Jesus name, Amennn!!!!

Secondly, A relationship I sacrificed so much for, literally paused my ambitions for the relationship for years, then boom!!! It was called off shocked I cried my eyes out, couldn’t believe it could ever happen, didn’t know where to start from...really, you might think it’s just a relationship but no, so many sensitive circumstances surrounded the relationship and I just didn’t want to continue to live because of shame and those who envied me at the beginning.

This situation almost pulled me out from God, but later I discovered I needed to be closer to God and to be fully submissive! After a year, God restored back in 7 folds what the devil stole from me.

Never give up on God.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking.. let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50 person of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50 person are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our faith,
Maybe he made us to be our gods by having each others backs
cool cool cool am trying to understand you sha.the bible said faith without work is dead.now any prayer you prayed that has 100% dependent and responsibility on God is not a good prayer.there is always a part that we are to play.for example am married and i need a child from God i shouldnt go and be praying to God without meeting with my wife. if i fail to meet my wife apart praying how can she get pragnant.am asking God for a job and i stay in my room praying from now till next year without applying for a job how will God now answer my prayer.hope you have not giving up on God in prayer because thats the tool of every believer.beside where did you get your analysis on people serving God out of fear of hell.hmmmm nawaooo.dont stop praying it will take satan 10-20 to attack your prayer life once that is achieved he will strike.how do you communicate with God self.jesus said pray without season.there is a reason he said so dont listen to satan and think you are wiser by not praying satan is a smart guy you cant win him.you need understanding of how the kingdom of God operate my dear

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Heyzee5: 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hmmm....I remember sometime in 2019, I had been crying to God over a business that I had been doing for almost 3years with absolutely nothing to show for it undecided I broke into tears one day as I became so frustrated and depressed cry cry I remember vividly that the weeks that followed, I could not even pray at all because I felt what was the essence of praying when no one is answering undecided After a while, I found my way back to Him sha and in His own time, before the end of 2019, He gave me a breakthrough in the business.

Benny Hinn usually says something.....''learn the secret, never give up''.

Just keep believing and keep trying, in due course, God will show up and you will smile last!!

9 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by pek(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
So called men of God. I have been cheated, swindled and scammed by four "men of God" from a particular denomination. If I have a deal with you and you tell me you are a pastor to gain my trust, that's the end of our discussion.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by toprealman: 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
Las Las, I know He has it all figured out. Grace to carry on always my prayer. Thank you Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Mariangeles(f): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
LordKO:
The bible. A great book it's, just like most of its contemporaries, however, it's far from representing God absolutely. It makes it easier for one who's in tune with their subconscious, but isn't discerning enough, to jettison both God and religion to embrace atheism.

My ability to personally create and encrypt my own concept of God saved me from losing faith in him or embracing atheism. But it surely made me lose faith in religion.

In the end, I arrived at being SBNR.

What does SBNR stand for?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Theophinio(m): 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50% of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50% are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak up or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our own faith,
Maybe he made us to be our own gods by having each others backs.

I've gotten to the stage I'm no longer afraid to ask questions, I've stopped buying that "you can't question God" lines pastors and preachers had been giving me... I've stopped buying "the portal and clay" analogy. Claim doesn't complain about how the portal mould it because it's an inanimate object with no consciousness... Don't expect me to be like that.

Don't mistake me for an atheist

I saw knowledge in this write up
Without you taking action about your life nothing will work be it 100 days of dry fasting
God direct those with action and cause opportunities to abound before them be you Christian or pagan
However secure your soul by following the words in the Holy scripture
There's life after death
PEACE

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Koolyarn: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jeromejnr:

You are enlightened.

Thank God for this Grace. Honour should be ascibe to Him alone

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
specialmati:
cool cool cool am trying to understand you sha.the bible said faith without work is dead.now any prayer you prayed that has 100% dependent and responsibility on God is not a good prayer.there is always a part that we are to play.for example am married and i need a child from God i shouldnt go and be praying to God without meeting with my wife. if i fail to meet my wife apart praying how can she get pragnant.am asking God for a job and i stay in my room praying from now till next year without applying for a job how will God now answer my prayer.hope you have not giving up on God in prayer because thats the tool of every believer.beside where did you get your analysis on people serving God out of fear of hell.hmmmm nawaooo.dont stop praying it will take satan 10-20 to attack your prayer life once that is achieved he will strike.how do you communicate with God self.jesus said paly without season.there is a reason he said so dont listen to satan and think you are wiser by not praying satan is a smart guy you cant win him
Let paint 3 scenarios and I need your HONEST answer.

1. I prayed for something, no results
2. I worked for something, I got a results.
3. I prayed and I worked for something, I got results.

Study this 3 scenarios carefully and give your Honest opinion on scenario 3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
pozehnani:
When I didn't have a job for a very long time and as a devoted christian, no boyfriend. My world was crashing before me.

Meanwhile there was this American big shot ( returnee) that was pestering me but I've been turning him down.

One very day things got so worse that the devil ministerd to me to go and meet this man. I kept pushing the thought untill around 8pm. Then it came on strongly.

I began to dress up. Immediately I picked up my trousers, I heard the sound of a heavy rain. As in... The rain didn't start with drizzles. It came in very heavy torrential drops and didn't stop till well into midnight. I couldn't go anylonger.

Now, when this thing happened, it wasn't rainy season. So I knew it was God who helped me overcome that temptation. So I turned and cried bitterly to God that night feeling sorry for nearly giving in to temptation. I slept like a baby that night and somehow experienced a peace that I still can't describe.

After a few months of continous prayers, studying the Bible ( especially the books of apostle Paul and how he hoped against hope in his trying times) and begging God not to let me fall, he surprised me in ways I least expected. And one of the things I asked God was that he should settle me to be on my own. I'm done working under people and God did exactly that.

Today, I look back and I'm greatful to God for not letting me fall.

God held me close. so I wouldn't let go.

The first Nlder I'll clap for. Nice one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
pozehnani:
When I didn't have a job for a very long time and as a devoted christian, no boyfriend. My world was crashing before me.

Meanwhile there was this American big shot ( returnee) that was pestering me but I've been turning him down.

One very day things got so worse that the devil ministerd to me to go and meet this man. I kept pushing the thought untill around 8pm. Then it came on strongly.

I began to dress up. Immediately I picked up my trousers, I heard the sound of a heavy rain. As in... The rain didn't start with drizzles. It came in very heavy torrential drops and didn't stop till well into midnight. I couldn't go anylonger.

Now, when this thing happened, it wasn't rainy season. So I knew it was God who helped me overcome that temptation. So I turned and cried bitterly to God that night feeling sorry for nearly giving in to temptation. I slept like a baby that night and somehow experienced a peace that I still can't describe.

After a few months of continous prayers, studying the Bible ( especially the books of apostle Paul and how he hoped against hope in his trying times) and begging God not to let me fall, he surprised me in ways I least expected. And one of the things I asked God was that he should settle me to be on my own. I'm done working under people and God did exactly that.

Today, I look back and I'm greatful to God for not letting me fall.

God held me close. so I wouldn't let go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / Is Having Sex Or Romance In Dream Truly An Indication Of Having Spiritual Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.