Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? (13604 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Mar 15, 2021
unmask:
I think I am in the same boat as you. A lot of christians and muslims are afraid to challenge things and they suffer for it
Me from a young age I have always questioned. From the day I saw a pastor selling an audio tape at almost 2000% profit because he sang the songs I knew something was wrong
Why do you folks depend on these men whom you call your pastors when you have figured out that they are liars on the most part? undecided

The teachings of Jesus Christ, the one you supposedly believe in, are written in plain human language for anyone who really desires to know Him to dig in and serve themselves. undecided
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Mar 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
grin grin grin cheesy Hmmmm, confusion raised to the fourth power! Did god not send manna and meat from heaven way after Adam's transgression, heal the sick through his prophets, Jesus, and the apostles? Who was the ruler of the earth when all these things were taking place? Why didn't it leave it as their duty to seek these things themselves?
What confusion? undecided
God sent manna to a bunch of slaves descended from a man called Jacob. That does not mean He sent it to the entire world. Try to follow along, will you? undecided

The bulk of the Old Covenant/Testament story is indeed about the descendants of this one man and not the entire world. God was only interested in this one people... the rest of the world was without Him. undecided

***tosses some more popcorn in popcorn-hole***
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by pendragon35(m): 1:15am On Mar 15, 2021
Allot of things have broken my faith in God. The first was my father's death while the present one is my crashing business and academic issue.

Mid last year, I started a business that was moving very well all just from scratch. Two months down the line, I gave back everyone I collected loan from. And was still doing fine. Not till after the EndSars protest my business became a shadow of itself.

I can't understand myself nor the business again. I was so depressed that I fall sick for almost 2weeks yet nothing seem to change even till this very moment.

Then early this year, after my supposed graduation, my course adviser called me to come back to school to retake a certain course after my HOD agreed to moderate it for us.

It gave me sleepless night. The whole of my little savings where all wiped out why trying to resolve this issue.

Ever since then I kept asking why God would allow a struggling boy trying to put a way for himself to go through such issues. Meanwhile this money I was saving was to rent my own apartment by mid this year. Till this very moment, I'm still squatting at my Auntie's place and my friends place.

Since last year till now, I don't go to church nor even pray. I always feel I'm not longer worthy to seek for God's grace. If I think how all these issues happened within a twinkle of an eye, I keep asking "Who did I offend"

My Mental health is terribly damaged.

But regardless, God still exist. But I believe humans are God. And man is the greatest"

My only wish this year is to get my business running (especially Offline Shop) and get an apartment to set up my life fully.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Mar 15, 2021
pendragon35:
Allot of things have broken my faith in God. The first was my father's death while the present one is my crashing business and academic issue.

Mid last year, I started a business that was moving very well all just from scratch. Two months down the line, I gave back everyone I collected loan from. And was still doing fine. Not till after the EndSars protest my business became a shadow of itself.

I can't understand myself nor the business again. I was so depressed that I fall sick for almost 2weeks yet nothing seem to change even till this very moment.

Then early this year, after my supposed graduation, my course adviser called me to come back to school to retake a certain course after my HOD agreed to moderate it for us.

It gave me sleepless night. The whole of my little savings where all wiped out why trying to resolve this issue.

Ever since then I kept asking why God would allow a struggling boy trying to put a way for himself to go through such issues. Meanwhile this money I was saving was to rent my own apartment by mid this year. Till this very moment, I'm still squatting at my Auntie's place and my friends place.

Since last year till now, I don't go to church nor even pray. I always feel I'm not longer worthy to seek for God's grace. If I think how all these issues happened within a twinkle of an eye, I keep asking "Who did I offend"

My Mental health is terribly damaged.

But regardless, God still exist. But I believe humans are God. And man is the greatest"

My only wish this year is to get my business running (especially Offline Shop) and get an apartment to set up my life fully.
Let me ask you a question. What if, in order for you to get to the one true God - for God Himself to speak to you directly and live inside of you, guiding your every step(not in your imagination, mind you), you have to in fact loose everything you have left right now(House, business, self-respect, your ego, self-esteem, possessions, money, degree, you may even be required to leave family..etc), would you do it? undecided

If starting right now, you were had the chance to rid yourself of all that is left, with a guarantee from God Himself that He will catch you and you will get back even more than you lost, if you will be willing to Trust Him and obey Him, will you take the "leap"? undecided
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 2:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
Stop prevaricating. Did you mean the cancer patient should give God the money he could have used to buy drugs and pay hospital bills? YES OR NO
grin grin grin grin ask the cancer patient bro since they told you how much they prayed and their level of faith. stop asking me silly questions. i told what i did to got my healing and you are asking me the same question.the woman with the issue of blood touched his garment and got healed.did i touch his garment.i did something else and got my healing too with faith.so why are you asking me to know what the cancer patient got to do.you know the patient you said they prayed and you said they have faith so let them do something with faith
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Oyolohi24: 2:44am On Mar 15, 2021
Mine is my wife inability to give birth after 5yrs in marriage. she constantly have miscarriages but of recent, not even pregnancy let alone miscarriage again.

Really painful and discouraging especially when you married a virgin that knew nothing about men B4 and facing such.

Prayers are been done every where, hospitals visited. Diff things have been mentioned by diff pastors as been d cause, but they worked on it yet failed.

The point is that we were having faith in God B4 but at a point, we are loosing it cos we have spent a lot and have been waiting but no response. I pray he sees us through to maintain that faith pls. Really hard sometimes when face d with issues of life

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by danvault: 2:47am On Mar 15, 2021
pozehnani:
When I didn't have a job for a very long time and as a devoted christian, no boyfriend. My world was crashing before me.

Meanwhile there was this American big shot ( returnee) that was pestering me but I've been turning him down.

One very day things got so worse that the devil ministered to me to go and meet this man. I kept pushing the thought untill around 8pm. Then it came on strongly.

I began to dress up. Immediately I picked up my trousers, I heard the sound of a heavy rain. As in... The rain didn't start with drizzles. It came in very heavy torrential drops and didn't stop till well into midnight. I couldn't go anylonger.

Now, when this thing happened, it wasn't rainy season. So I knew it was God who helped me overcome that temptation. So I turned and cried bitterly to God that night feeling sorry for nearly giving in to temptation. I slept like a baby that night and somehow experienced a peace that I still can't describe.

After a few months of continous prayers, studying the Bible ( especially the books of apostle Paul and how he hoped against hope in his trying times) and begging God not to let me fall, he surprised me in ways I least expected. And one of the things I asked God was that he should settle me to be on my own. I'm done working under people and God did exactly that.

Today, I look back and I'm greatful to God for not letting me fall.

God held me close. so I wouldn't let go.

So you think god sent a heavy rain to probably prevent you from fornicatin but, same god won't do same when the homes of others are burning? I'm sure accidents and infant deaths occurred that same hour worldwide, but god ignored and jealously sent rain to simply stop your pusssy from vibrating? Self centered and dumb post.

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Funjosh(m): 3:34am On Mar 15, 2021
Hmmmmm........ It was when I lost my Niece after she gave birth to her first child in Luth.

I prayed while walking to go get drugs, run tests, while on bike going to lab outside of Luth, run from wards to synlab, to paypoints, to when she was transferred to ICU at a private hospital in Oshodi, was with her daily, saw her intubed on from Luth, continue with it. We never stop praying....... She gave up eventually it was just like a dream, I asked alot of Why that I got no answers to because she is the most prayerful person in our family.

She was actually taken to be with her saviour when the pain was unbearable for her and the family.

Somethings were actually beyond us that we can't just control, we found consolation in the beautiful, healthy and strong young girl she left behind.

Found myself depressed for a very long time but God worked on my Faith in him.

I was pushed, I fell now am back on my feet. Glory be to God.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kdon2: 4:11am On Mar 15, 2021
samwheel:

Bros, it's well. God knows I'll never marry, make I no go kill person pikin wey wan frustrate my life.

The worst experience of my entire life I swear!

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by samwheel(m): 5:50am On Mar 15, 2021
Kdon2:

The worst experience of my entire life I swear!
Nawah o, just take am easy.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Martinez39s(m): 6:19am On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What confusion? undecided
God sent manna to a bunch of slaves descended from a man called Jacob. That does not mean He sent it to the entire world. Try to follow along, will you? undecided

The bulk of the Old Covenant/Testament story is indeed about the descendants of this one man and not the entire world. God was only interested in this one people... the rest of the world was without Him. undecided

SMH. God was virtually interested in the Israelites alone given His covenant with Abraham. Now that many are born again almost worldwide, is God still interested in only Israelites (Israelis)? Even Galatians 3 vs 7 clearly stated that Christians are children of Abraham due to their faith in Jesus. Why do some Christians starve seriously, even to death, when their God once rained manna and meat from heaven and multipled few bread and fish to feed five thousand?

Besides, is it hard for God to feed the whole world by sending down food from heaven? Didn't Jesus say God makes the sun shine on both the good and evil and sends rain to both? Didn't Jesus command is to be like God and show love to those who don't love us, even those that persecute us? Matthew 5 vs 44–48

***tosses some more popcorn in popcorn-hole***
Lol. You think you've done something smart. *yimu*
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Martinez39s(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Let me ask you a question. What if, in order for you to get to the one true God - for God Himself to speak to you directly and live inside of you, guiding your every step(not in your imagination, mind you), you have to in fact loose everything you have left right now(House, business, self-respect, your ego, self-esteem, possessions, money, degree, you may even be required to leave family..etc), would you do it? undecided

If starting right now, you were had the chance to rid yourself of all that is left, with a guarantee from God Himself that He will catch you and you will get back even more than you lost, if you will be willing to Trust Him and obey Him, will you take the "leap"? undecided
Can you reread the nonsense you just typed? undecided Why must he be devastated and rendered depressed before God can speak to him? To what end? Was King Solomon devastated and depressed when God spoke to him? Is there any necessary thing the all-powerful God cannot achieve if he speaks to pendragon35 directly in a good financial state? Why deprive him of all that he has and lead him into depression as a prerequisite for speaking to him?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Crownp(m): 7:14am On Mar 15, 2021
kingsolomonjnr01:

we're on the same shoes bro... I don't have accommodation in school now.
Don't worry, God's miracle will happen!

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 7:15am On Mar 15, 2021
unmask:
I think I am in the same boat as you. A lot of christians and muslims are afraid to challenge things and they suffer for it

Me from a young age I have always questioned. From the day I saw a pastor selling an audio tape at almost 2000% profit because he sang the songs I knew something was wrong
There are a lot of questions bothering them which they are too afraid to ask and too afraid to give an honest answers.

There are too many irregularities in the world and regards religion itself.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by pendragon35(m): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
Can you reread the nonsense you just typed? undecided Why must he be devastated and rendered depressed before God can speak to him? To what end? Was King Solomon devastated and depressed when God spoke to him? Is there any necessary thing the all-powerful God cannot achieve if he speaks to pendragon35 directly in a good financial state? Why deprive him of all that he has and lead him into depression as a prerequisite for speaking to him?

Don't mind him bro. They are the woke Christians!
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by RuddyFusion(m): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2021
Offpoint1:

Lol, remember this verse "For we've ALL sinned and fall short of God's glory"?

The "Watch and pray" verse you're making emphasis on, have you read read the whole chapter? Do you know what context that emphasis was made on/about?

Can we continue in sin because grace abounds?

God forbids
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Coolgent(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2021
80% will concoct one story or the other
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Fantazy(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2021
Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

Let me say you have made a little point here
but note that there are things you should WORK for and there are things you should PRAY for.
You cannot work for your self spiritually e.g Protect urself spiritually, so u PRAY for that etc.

The Point: Both Prayer and Work are important in achieving anything
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Lifepodcastng: 9:39am On Mar 15, 2021
I honestly do not mistake you for an atheist, I just think you might be a lil off the line and likely to fall if you don’t put your self back in the faith. God didn’t make us to be our own gods. Being gods is the decision mankind made in the inception. Everyone must be tested to reveal their true nature just as job was tested to reveal his true nature. Don’t think bc you’re getting the result means you’re on the right path. Not every result is positive, the evil minded person sees a negative result as positive too. Now before you’ll question why you think God hasn’t answered your prayers, you must first ask yourself what kinda leaguers have you been praying? Do you pray realistically or do you pray unrealistically? Some pray for money, others pray for car while others pray for even more ephemeral things, do you understand those are man made things and only man can give himself that? God gives you something more precious than that. God cares more about your soul than he cares about your body so you have to factor that every time you await your answers. Are those things going to lead you away from the path of life? If yes, why then should God give you? Just imagine now, you’ve been stepping away and falling away from reality bc you think you’ve been getting answers, what if this is why God didn’t answer in the first place bc you’ll fall away? Still you thought God didn’t do right by you and became your own god, creating a subjective reality where you can do no wrong so now you’re bending the rules to suit this subjective reality by stating that God made you to be god. This is not so bro. Find your path back to life, start seeing life more holistically and not target reality on your limited perception. We all have limited perception of the reality so we must always factor that into our existence.

Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50% of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50% are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak up or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our own faith,
Maybe he made us to be our own gods by having each others backs.

I've gotten to the stage I'm no longer afraid to ask questions, I've stopped buying that "you can't question God" lines pastors and preachers had been giving me... I've stopped buying "the portal and clay" analogy. Clay doesn't complain about how the portal mould it because it's an inanimate object with no consciousness... Don't expect me to be like that.

Don't mistake me for an atheist
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by masterP042(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2021
cooooooks:
Sorry for what your grand mum went through.

Live your life for you. Make an impact on the world and forget about a nonexistent good god.

Thank you brother

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by eshadiamond(f): 9:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Oyolohi24:
Mine is my wife inability to give birth after 5yrs in marriage. she constantly have miscarriages but of recent, not even pregnancy let alone miscarriage again.

Really painful and discouraging especially when you married a virgin that knew nothing about men B4 and facing such.

Prayers are been done every where, hospitals visited. Diff things have been mentioned by diff pastors as been d cause, but they worked on it yet failed.

The point is that we were having faith in God B4 but at a point, we are loosing it cos we have spent a lot and have been waiting but no response. I pray he sees us through to maintain that faith pls. Really hard sometimes when face d with issues of life
Don't stop trusting in him .....he will surely show up for u ......I pray for u... the God that answered Hannah will answer and show up for u in Jesus name..... receive your children in Jesus mighty name.....Amen
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by salt1: 10:10am On Mar 15, 2021
Koolyarn:

If there is a f.....d up and evil world , then there should be a straight and good world.

You cant call anything bent till you have a concept of straight.

The Bible told us what created the f..d and the evil. Men wanted to be domineering rather than dominate. Mankind wanted to be God rather than worship and obey God. Man followed the serpent in quest to be like God

God has offered us a chance to the alternate world which is straight and Good. Where lions play with a child. Isaiah 11:6, But you must first accept and be like His prototype i.e Jesus who is describe as the second Adam in order to fit into this world.

God bless you for your understanding. Christianity isn't just a business relationship with God where we worship Him and He gives us our every desire whether we work for them or not. It's the aspiration to be like Christ because we believe in Him. Every other thing is jara.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Firstnebo: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
grin grin grin cheesy Hmmmm, confusion raised to the fourth power! Did god not send manna and meat from heaven way after Adam's transgression, heal the sick through his prophets, Jesus, and the apostles? Who was the ruler of the earth when all these things were taking place? Why didn't it leave it as their duty to seek these things themselves?

You are a wise man when it comes to general redpill but you are so petty when it comes to God.

I have told you that according to the Bible, all those miracles were not an act of intervening in human affairs but God was carrying out his ultimate purpose of collecting back rulership.

He chose Isreal as a part of his purpose.

But believe what you want to believe

Adam excused himself and his kids from God's protection, and you are here asking God why is he not protecting them

Let me me tell you, Jesus's primary purpose for coming to the earth is to declare the Rulership of God. He asked us to pray for that Rulership, and unless that Rulership is here, you must see to it yourselves that you cure yourselves of cancer, poverty, and other ailments you brought on yourselves
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by ABCthings: 10:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Righteousness2:

GOD is never at Fault for whatever evil that happens! HE is the only good GOD. HE is Faithful. So when things go wrong, I check myself , Repent and ask for Mercy. The Fault must be from me.

The fault mustn't always be from you.
Think about Job. He didn't do anything yet he suffered.

So senseless disaster can still befall a man even if he has no sin.

Whatever Happens is For my Good.

wtf does this mean? 9/11 is for your good?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2021
Lifepodcastng:
I honestly do not mistake you for an atheist, I just think you might be a lil off the line and likely to fall if you don’t put your self back in the faith. God didn’t make us to be our own gods. Being gods is the decision mankind made in the inception. Everyone must be tested to reveal their true nature just as job was tested to reveal his true nature. Don’t think bc you’re getting the result means you’re on the right path. Not every result is positive, the evil minded person sees a negative result as positive too. Now before you’ll question why you think God hasn’t answered your prayers, you must first ask yourself what kinda leaguers have you been praying? Do you pray realistically or do you pray unrealistically? Some pray for money, others pray for car while others pray for even more ephemeral things, do you understand those are man made things and only man can give himself that? God gives you something more precious than that. God cares more about your soul than he cares about your body so you have to factor that every time you await your answers. Are those things going to lead you away from the path of life? If yes, why then should God give you? Just imagine now, you’ve been stepping away and falling away from reality bc you think you’ve been getting answers, what if this is why God didn’t answer in the first place bc you’ll fall away? Still you thought God didn’t do right by you and became your own god, creating a subjective reality where you can do no wrong so now you’re bending the rules to suit this subjective reality by stating that God made you to be god. This is not so bro. Find your path back to life, start seeing life more holistically and not target reality on your limited perception. We all have limited perception of the reality so we must always factor that into our existence.

Your answers is no difference from what every pastor, preacher, evangelist gave. The idea of me asking unrealistic things is laughable, I'm not a baby to asked for irrelevance things. If I do a legit work and not an illegal work and get results there's nothing EVIL ABOUT.
what are the things that will lead me away from the path of righteousness? You have no idea of what I asked for, things don't take away my conscience, so the excuse of "If given I might be lead away" is baseless.

I didn't declare myself a God, I simply work towards my needs instead of asking for it.
If you asked your father as a wealthy man for your first semester school fees and he refused, you failed your exams due to your inability to pay your fee. The same thing happens 2nd semester, his excuses are "it's not the right time to pay your school fee"... you decide not to ask him anymore, you hustle for your own money and pay your fee.... What crime have you committed against him?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by bolagabriella: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I tend to agree as I have seen this happens even in the lives of unbelievers. As God says, He pours out His mercy and compassion daily on even the wicked and the ungrateful.
So you do not believe the teachings of Jesus Christ are true?
I do believe the teaching of Jesus Christ to be true. I see Jesus teaching us christians that our faith is the most simplest to express cos it's the little things of mutual affection and love and compassion towards God and others that matters not the religion that is been preached today. The summary of Jesus's teaching to me is in Mark 12:29-31, which was the concept the jews totally got wrong and Jesus came to expound on.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by IncredibleWrite: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2021
In two weeks of my Life, I lost my Dad, had a terrible accident (while on a job), and lost the job itself.

I almost committed suicide. My Dad's death still pains me till date but I thank God for his grace
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
Martinez39s:

SMH. God was virtually interested in the Israelites alone given His covenant with Abraham. Now that many are born again almost worldwide, is God still interested in only Israelites (Israelis)? Even Galatians 3 vs 7 clearly stated that Christians are children of Abraham due to their faith in Jesus. Why do some Christians starve seriously, even to death, when their God once rained manna and meat from heaven and multipled few bread and fish to feed five thousand?

Besides, is it hard for God to feed the whole world by sending down food from heaven? Didn't Jesus say God makes the sun shine on both the good and evil and sends rain to both? Didn't Jesus command is to be like God and show love to those who don't love us, even those that persecute us? Matthew 5 vs 44–48

Lol. You think you've done something smart. *yimu*
You seem to be the source of your own confusion.... Jumping all over the place with your many claims. undecided
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2021
bolagabriella:

I do believe the teaching of Jesus Christ to be true. I see Jesus teaching us christians that our faith is the most simplest to express cos it's the little things of mutual affection and love and compassion towards God and others that matters not the religion that is been preached today. The summary of Jesus's teaching to me is in Mark 12:29-31, which was the concept the jews totally got wrong and Jesus came to expound on.
I am afraid you missed the bulk of Jesus Christ teachings there.

Jesus Christ is the New Covenant, the Lawgiver and the Law Himself as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned, much like the way the Old Covenant which was given through Moses to the people of Israel is the Law as far as the Land of Canaan is concerned.

The New Covenant, Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of Heaven, comes with about 46 commandments, which Jesus Christ Himself requires that all those who will become His followers will accept(trust) and obey. You see, only this who trust in Him and obey His commandments will

1. Cease to be slaves to sin
2. Become His followers and be called Sons of God
3. Have Jesus Christ Himself living on the inside of them
4. Enter into the Kingdom of Heaven

TBC....
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
I am afraid to even this is also way over your head since you lack basic comprehension of the gist of the story as far as the book is concerned. undecided

That book is written in plain speak(human language) so I am led to believe you have never actually read it for your own self so you at least have a base understanding of what it is indeed about, let alone the reason for which I ask this man the question that I did. So, what do you care? undecided
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Martinez39s(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You seem to be the source of your own confusion.... Jumping all over the place with your many claims. undecided
INTERPRETATION: I cannot counter anymore, but I still find you insufferable.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
INTERPRETATION: I cannot counter anymore, but I still find you insufferable.
Lol... sure! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.