Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) (43523 Views)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Ephemmm: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
Discrepancies? You think children care about that?

If fanatism can exists among christians and muslims in Universities despite their ages, what do you think would be the orientation of those children when they grow up? This is Nigeria and I know what I am talking about bro.

I attended community school consisting of traditionalist, christians and muslims and issues like this was never an issue. Even the use of tiny beads among the traditionalist was forbidden and I can remember vividly how some of my friend were punished in that regard.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2021
Why do you think that happened?

You go 'Oh! We are so special'

They go 'We are the most favoured'

They need to start accepting those tiny beads as well. I can't wait for the day pagans will start insisting as well. grin

Ephemmm:

If fanatism can exists among christians and muslims in Universities despite their ages, what do you think would be the orientation of those children when they grow up? This is Nigeria and I know what I am talking about bro.

I attended community school consisting of traditionalist, christians and muslims and issues like this was never an issue. Even the use of tiny beads among the traditionalist was forbidden and I can remember vividly how some of my friend were punished in that regard.

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by MARS1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ephemmm:

Giving them the right to wear hijab in schools with Christian orientation is not the problem, the problem is the resultant consequences.

If this resistance is not taken with all seriousness, I can bet it that they would request for space to build mosque or creating prayer ground inside the schools' premises in the nearest future.
If they're given the right to wear hijab in Christian schools, it's certain it's for a sinister motive, soonest, they would request to build mosques or prayer ground inside such Christian schools, by then, it would be too late to fight back.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Ephemmm: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
How does hijab affect uniform? I don't understand how you can keep shouting uniform, uniform. You no dey tire.

Modest dressing can be achieved with or without hijab, and that is my point. For instance, I met an hijab wearing individual when I was at UNILAG last week at water front environs, and peoples' attention were majorly on the woman because of the kind of jean she wore.

To avoid this kind of trouble, everyone should look for the public schools that meets their religious needs.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
This is not about modest dressing

Ephemmm:

Modest dressing can be achieved with or without hijab, and that is my point. For instance, I met an hijab wearing individual when I was at UNILAG last week at water front environs, and peoples' attention were majorly on the woman because of the kind of jean she wore.

To avoid this kind of trouble, everyone should look for the public schools that meets their religious needs.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by LLMG: 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
maybe if your islam had any value to add to them they would not have opted for the Mission Schools and Education. The nerve of you, bitter soul carry your craze elsewhere. Nigeria is not an islamic country and it will never be.
Sterope:
ENGINEERG

No be only you get craze for head.

Let me help you take this madness a step further.

Those stupid Mission schools benefitted from the taxes and exploitation our colonisers forced on our fathers, slavery as well.

Before whoever became the first Christian and educated your family converted. Their admission was based on abandoning the Muslim or traditional faiths to become Christians. Education and Christianity or no education at all.

After grabbing the lands and our money. That was the choice. The nerve of you all!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Ephemmm: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
This is not about modest dressing

It should be a fight for religion supremacy in public setting then because attended the missionary schools by many muslim adults who have grown up to be a leader today has not made them to be less islamic.

If the above is the case, the real Yoruba culture that imbibed the use of scarves should be invoked in the spirit of equity as the use of berets and Hijab is strange in Yoruba's culture.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
Your post is 100014404 index on Nairaland. Guess where that number came from? grin

LLMG:
maybe if your islam had any value to add to them they would not have opted for the Mission Schools and Education. The nerve of you, bitter soul carry your craze elsewhere. Nigeria is not an islamic country and it will never be.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
Are you telling their stories for them? Are you supporting the persecution now?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH.

If it was that straightforward, we won't have Ansarudeen schools and the rest of them.

Ephemmm:

It should be a fight for religion supremacy in public setting then because attended the missionary schools by many muslim adults who have grown up to be a leader today has not made them to be less islamic.

If the above is the case, the real Yoruba culture that imbibed the use of scarves should be invoked in the spirit of equity as the use of berets and Hijab is strange in Yoruba's culture.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by soodiq91: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
I used to be a Muslim while growing up, me and my younger brother then will go to the mosque to learn Arabic, the clerics then will beat you for any little thing, they never treat you with love but cain always. The last time I stopped going to that evil mosque was the day one of those evil cleric hit me so hard on my face with his rosery that it broke and I had a swollen face. We became a christian a while after then and have known peace, most Islamic people are too babaric, callous and mean. I just don't like that religion at all. They just like fight and making trouble always. I still have Muslims friends though.
You will soon be alright
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Ephemmm: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
Are you telling their stories for them? Are you supporting the persecution now?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH.

If it was that straightforward, we won't have Ansarudeen schools and the rest of them.

What persecution? It seems that you have been brainwashed. You have ansarudeen public schools; why disturbing the peace in other public schools with religious orientation.

For your information, Christians and any other religions are not against Hijab or whatever you lots called it. If you guys want to use hijab let it be in Islamic school or any other places not in Christian schools. Is that too hard to understand? Christian schools have their uniform and i am sure hijab is not part of the uniform in any Christian schools and vice versa.

The Governor of the state should deal with other problems in the state rather than taking side on a matter that has been taken to the Court.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by LLMG: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
the battle is not finished it actually just began., you will be overruled and we will surely win.
Vl3ly:
U can win this finished battle with all that trash you call evidence
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by LLMG: 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
the message is delivered already.
Sterope:
Your post is 100014404 index on Nairaland. Guess where that number came from? grin

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by farem: 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
eagleu:
Why is it difficult for muslims to attend Muslim schools where they can dress according to their religion?

I don't understand hating2 christianity, and still fighting to attend Christian school?

Do they ever care to build for their uncountable almajiris children?

I see the fight shifting to the universities in less than ten years from now. Again, do you see them establishing any today? It is rato 8 to less than 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
You are the brainwashed one, dear. They don't moan about it but they were persecuted.

Education and Christianity OR No Education.

That was the choice that was given. They came, grabbed our lands and wealth, shared it with the churches to further strip us of our identities. They baptised them and gave them Christian names. they left, their cronies continued with the madness.

Did you think Ansarudeen school was created because some Muslims thought it would be cool to have a Muslim missionary school? You are allowed not to use hijab in Ansarudeen schools. wink

Did you think MSSN happened because it was also cool?

Those are the direct consequences of that religious persecution that happened long agocheesy. It prevented many their children from going to school even after the whites left. The good news is after this experience, many of these Muslim children who don't care for hijab, know better now just like their fathers before them.

Ephemmm:

What persecution? It seems that you have been brainwashed. You have ansarudeen public schools; why disturbing the peace in other public schools with religious orientation.

For your information, Christians and any other religions are not against Hijab or whatever you lots called it. If you guys want to use hijab let it be in Islamic school or any other places not in Christian schools. Is that too hard to understand? Christian schools have their uniform and i am sure hijab is not part of the uniform in any Christian schools and vice versa.

The Governor of the state should deal with other problems in the state rather than taking side on a matter that has been taken to the Court.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by NobleRace: 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.

But it's the truth. I'm not a Muslim but I am aware that Muslim children who attend those Islamic learning centers are very violent, dirty and touchy.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
Gakinola:
religion of coercion, you guys can not do without showing your true colors. Terrorist!!
Terrorist as being taught by your Lord :
"If you have no SWORD , go and sell your cloak and BUY ONE" LUKE 22 :36
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
NobleRace:

But it's the truth. I'm not a Muslim but I am aware that Muslim children who attend those Islamic learning centers are very violent, dirty and touchy.
Jesusweed together plus combined with Christamadol.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Blackmiserable(m): 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

Is this document superior to Nigeria Constitution which is unambiguos on right to education without religion discimination?

You made a good point.

But does the Nigerian constitution nullify the rights of private business and especially religious organizations to certain discriminations?

This is discrimination, I must admit, but what protections does the constitution provides?

Let's us the schools decide not to admit muslim students, would the students be protected by the constitution or flipping this the other way

Like, let's say I am in Ansarudeen Uni in Osogbo and I am screaming injustice because there is no church in the campus premises. That there has to be a church for christian gatherings just as there are mosque everywhere, would the Christian be protected by the constitution?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ephemmm:

Christian schools that the CHURCHES or GOVERNMENT is recruting and paying the teachers salary?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2021
Do you understand at all? Heard of Arabic numerals?

LLMG:
the message is delivered already.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2021
LLMG:
Sharap, Shatap.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by NobleRace: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

Jesusweed together plus combined with Christamadol.

You just confirmed what I said about the violent nature of Islam.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

Was it even compulsory on muslims students in any school? The core issue is which muslims who wish should not be denied. If Christians win this holy war in Kwara, they won in Nigeria. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Those schools affected by Kwara CRUSADERS will be closed till further notice that muslims girls who wish to use hijab are allowed. Students of those should be distributed to other schools without CRUSADERS.
From this idiot write up i hope the fence sitters can see it from the angle of these Terrorists.

It is always about war to them aka jihad

We are talking about legality some are talking about jihad

Some are looking at it from mere give Muslim education, while the actual Terrorists know it's about jihad

They don't need education per say

Modified

He has changed the words to play along with the current Taqiya of kwara Muslims just wanting equality, we know their eventual agenda

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
Blackmiserable:

You made a good point.

But does the Nigerian constitution nullify the rights of private business and especially religious organizations to certain discriminations?

This is discrimination, I must admit, but what protections does the constitution provides?

Let's us the schools decide not to admit muslim students, would the students be protected by the constitution or flipping this the other way

Like, let's say I am in Ansarudeen Uni in Osogbo and I am screaming injustice because there is no church in the campus premises. That there has to be a church for christian gatherings just as there are mosque everywhere, would the Christian be protected by the constitution?

Ansarudeen Uni in Osogbo is strange identity to me. Nonetheless, I stand by you and whoever in Nigeria is denied of his /her right to practices chosen religion.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

Was it even compulsory on muslims students in any school? The core issue is which muslims who wish should not be denied. If Christians win this holy war in Kwara, they won in Nigeria. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Those schools affected by Kwara CRUSADERS will be closed till further notice that muslims girls who wish to use hijab are allowed. Students of those should be distributed to other schools without CRUSADERS.
From this idiot write up i hope the fence sitters can see it from the angle of these Terrorists.

Some are looking at it from mere give Muslim education, while the actual Terrorists know it's about jihad

ok, what actually stops Muslims from going to that school in beret since beret is not a Christian dress and it allows all girls to be equally uniformed

Blackmiserable it is about jihad forget these lies the Terrorists always come up with
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mikecold:

But they need teaching of your Lord :
If you do not have a SWORD, sell your cloak and buy ONE LUKE 22 :36
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

But they need teaching of your Lord :
If you do not have a SWORD, sell your cloak and buy ONE LUKE 22 :36
Yes the sword of the Lord which is his word that is sharper than any two edged sword

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by OsusuBishop(m): 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
I think you already have the answers to the questions you asked? If not, then the following questions will provide you your answers.

1. Must Muslims attend Christian missionary school? If yes, why can't they respect the culture and dress pattern of the missionary schools?

2. Are there shortage of secular schools in Kwara state?

3. Can a Christian attend an Islamic school that is located in a mosque environment?

4. Can a young lady appear in an Islamic school without wearing the hijab with hair opened? If not, then why are you insisting on the opposite.

I know #3 and #4 above is NO. Its impossible for a non Muslim to attend Islamic school (how will u even start sef).

I have nothing against Islam or any other religion. However, I stand for fairness, peace coexisting and social cohesion. Muslims have NO business attending Christian schools if they will not respect the cultural orientation and rules of those schools.

Thanks

Sirjamo:
1. This was just a speach by the military governor, not the law enacted to change the status of the schools.

2. The speech was delivered in 1972 not 74. I assume ( Not sure) the last time schools status were changed was 1974.

3. If these conditions were still relevant and backed by the law, where did the high court and appeal court get the legal backing to rule in favor of hijab?

4. Why are Christians afraid of hijab in a predominantly Yoruba state like Kwara?

There's no basis for any Christian to condemn hijab in Kwara state due to the following reasons:

a. Kwara and all Yoruba States has no record of hijab wearing suicide bomber.

b. Hijab is not new to Christianity. Catholic sisters wear something very similar.

c. Hijab depicts morality, is Christianity no longer a moral religion?

d. Hijab is optional even to the Muslims, no one is forcing the Christians to wear it.

I AM DONE TALKING

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
NobleRace:

You just confirmed what I said about the violent nature of Islam.
You demonstrated peace nature of Christian before the comment you responded to now, abi?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
ImaIma1:

Let the court decide
You mean the Sharia courts presided by the supreme Court jihadist

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

FG Alerts Nigerians On Ransomeware Disguised As A Coronavirus Watch App / Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At The Coal City Christmas Music Festival (Photos) / Presidential Election Results, 1979 Till Date.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.