Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) (43479 Views)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:26am On Mar 19, 2021
BlueSparks:

Tell your children and family members to take their kids to AnsarUrdeen period and stop this hypocrisy

They won't leave Christians alone.
Especially in Ilorin where I was born.

Christians are always placed at a disadvantage in Ilorin, yet somehow the tables are always turned and the moslems end up.envying them.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2021
Mikecold:
The truth is the islamists don't even want the education to begin with

They know Christian schools are the best in the country to get solid education so their aim is just to cause trouble for the christians receiving such education

After getting the hijab they would then claim the school and drive the teachers out for islamists ones.

Instead of science or learning they would then be focusing on studying the Quran and learning Arabic

If the Christian missionaries find another place to go settle they would get jealous again with the quality of education

Exactly you are very very very correct

These guys are people who don't love or like good and pleasant things.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by JustforMen: 8:30am On Mar 19, 2021
femi4:
Nonsense...you don't dictate to the govt

inverted logic with selfish undertone.. government does not dictate to the people who vote it into place.

12 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Biyonce(f): 8:31am On Mar 19, 2021
The religion of piss and trouble are 5&6.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Ennyiyi(f): 8:33am On Mar 19, 2021
Okay we have heard you. But please is it a must the Muslim children attend chhristain schools Why are they forcing themselves to attend Christian school? Something you will never find any Christian doing. Be sincere with yourself you know trouble and violent have been imprinted in you guys DNA. I can never understand
Sirjamo:
1. This was just a speach by the military governor, not the law enacted to change the status of the schools.

2. The speech was delivered in 1972 not 74. I assume ( Not sure) the last time schools status were changed was 1974.

3. If these conditions were still relevant and backed by the law, where did the high court and appeal court get the legal backing to rule in favor of hijab?

4. Why are Christians afraid of hijab in a predominantly Yoruba state like Kwara?

There's no basis for any Christian to condemn hijab in Kwara state due to the following reasons:

a. Kwara and all Yoruba States has no record of hijab wearing suicide bomber.

b. Hijab is not new to Christianity. Catholic sisters wear something very similar.

c. Hijab depicts morality, is Christianity no longer a moral religion?

d. Hijab is optional even to the Muslims, no one is forcing the Christians to wear it.

I AM DONE TALKING

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Lovelyn451(f): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2021
na those lawless people Una dey show agreement...let the school remain shut, once its open expel all of them...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Majesty33(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.
Lies, he never fabricated anything, u are the hypocrite here cos u know that these things happens in mosques across the nation especially in the north and u are pretending that it never happened.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Chanchit: 8:35am On Mar 19, 2021
No wonder this thread no gree reach 15 pages. Them don see evidence, they'll avoid this thread like plague.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Mjpem23(m): 8:36am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
I used to be a Muslim while growing up, me and my younger brother then will go to the mosque to learn Arabic, the clerics then will beat you for any little thing, they never treat you with love but cain always. The last time I stopped going to that evil mosque was the day one of those evil cleric hit me so hard on my face with his rosery that it broke and I had a swollen face. We became a christian a while after then and have known peace, most Islamic people are too babaric, callous and mean. I just don't like that religion at all. They just like fight and making trouble always. I still have Muslims friends though.

And all your Muslim friends used to fight you ?

Mtchew !
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:36am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
I used to be a Muslim while growing up, me and my younger brother then will go to the mosque to learn Arabic, the clerics then will beat you for any little thing, they never treat you with love but cain always. The last time I stopped going to that evil mosque was the day one of those evil cleric hit me so hard on my face with his rosery that it broke and I had a swollen face. We became a christian a while after then and have known peace, most Islamic people are too babaric, callous and mean. I just don't like that religion at all. They just like fight and making trouble always. I still have Muslims friends though.
This is just pure bigotry and I am shocked the mods allowed it.
I grew up attending mosque even as a Christian with Muslim relatives. Some clerics instilling discipline does not mean that Islam faithfuls are barbaric. If you claim to now be a 'Christian ' yet with this level of bigotry, trust me, you are not yet a Christian.
There's nothing Christianity in this your bigotry. Ha! You need to really apologise to God and man. Not fair at all. For latest freestuffs in Nigeria, please visit www.freestuffsng.com
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Agbebakun22: 8:37am On Mar 19, 2021
Las las religion intelorance go burn this country down

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Rebuke: 8:38am On Mar 19, 2021
Now where are those haters of anything church?

We like to hide from the truth to fulfill our selfish desires in this country a lot.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by nsiba: 8:38am On Mar 19, 2021
Vl3ly:
do you want to hear my story also?
I was a good xtian before like 12yrs ago even I have converted 3 person in my nuclear and extended family even some are in madrasa(Islamic school)
And I pray before I reach 30yrs in Islam I would be counting 30 convertee

E no sweet, copycat try and be creative if you can't be the first

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by ehiavbhichris: 8:39am On Mar 19, 2021
Muslim as a religion is crisis no other language of show their high handedness in this world not only in Nigeria Muslim are blood suckers and killer we don't need them

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by 9gerian: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Very revealing. Now it is clear!

I guess this explains why not just education in Kwara, but Nigeria as a whole is in turmoil. Same problem, same source shocked

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Orlu15(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.[/quote]
Does he has to bet you to convince you?? useless religion!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by proprince(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2021
Vl3ly:
do you want to hear my story also?
I was a good xtian before like 12yrs ago even I have converted 3 person in my nuclear and extended family even some are in madrasa(Islamic school)
And I pray before I reach 30yrs in Islam I would be counting 30 convertee

You lie too much.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by sulaak(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.

I doubt he fabricated his post. People follow ideologies based on evidence and practice. Just look across Africa, the level of intolerance across majority Islamic countries is shocking. Look at Northern Nigeria a complete state due to the ideology and value that they practice.

5 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by luluman: 8:47am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

And another sensible person should leave him alone & mind his business.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by luluman: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Its true now: is it not with violence beating they handle children in quranic schools? ( Ile kewu) say the truth.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Samunique(m): 8:49am On Mar 19, 2021
mmsen:
Religious people causing chaos as per usual.
Nay, Muhammed people are causing chaos as per usual !

7 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by malakaimoscondo: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
opo nu...zero lasan lasan
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by ImaIma1(f): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
1. This was just a speach by the military governor, not the law enacted to change the status of the schools.

2. The speech was delivered in 1972 not 74. I assume ( Not sure) the last time schools status were changed was 1974.

3. If these conditions were still relevant and backed by the law, where did the high court and appeal court get the legal backing to rule in favor of hijab?

4. Why are Christians afraid of hijab in a predominantly Yoruba state like Kwara?

There's no basis for any Christian to condemn hijab in Kwara state due to the following reasons:

b. Hijab is not new to Christianity. Catholic sisters wear something very similar.

d. Hijab is optional even to the Muslims, no one is forcing the Christians to wear it.

I AM DONE TALKING

For number 4, the question should be why is the government bent on hijab in Christian schools?

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by doffman: 8:52am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

Thank you . Christians are hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by thaqib(m): 8:53am On Mar 19, 2021
Nobody has provided a legal argument against the government in this matter, only sentiments and biased opinions

I don't understand how a school still owned by the founders have their staff on the payroll of government

That aside, how does what one put on his/her head or buttock affect his or her learning
Besides, the government has consistently emphasized it is not enforcing the hijab on anybody. They can't even do that anyway, not even on Muslims!
All they have said was "if u wish to use it, no problem"
Muslims who wear hijab and Christian relate with each other in the university and workplaces everyday. Has it threatened our corporate existence?
Why can't the same happen in our secondary schools in an atmosphere of love?

We only need to respect our individual preferences, be it religious or otherwise provided such doesn't encroach on tm other people's rights. That's all

Anything outside this is religious intolerance and bigotry!

U can argue against my opinion, but perhaps u shouldn't insult

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gigabyte13: 8:54am On Mar 19, 2021
WHEN PEOPLE SUPPORT RELIGION OR OPPOSE IT, ME GO JUST DEY LAFFFFF.....

WHO RELIGION DON HELP NOW.....??

I OBSERVED THAT, MOST RELIGIOUS FANATICS DONT HAVE ANY CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD PERSONALLY....

DEM JUST CARRY RELIGION FOR HEAD LIKE BOKOHARAM..........

SIMPLE SENSE..... LET FANATIC WORSHIPPERS GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE MISSIONARY SCHOOLS NA. ABI NA BY FORCE TO FORCE YOUR DRESSING CODE ON OTHERS NI...??

GO TO WHERE YOUR DRESSING CODE IS ACCEPTED AND TOLERATED... STOP ENFORCING WHAT YOU CANT ACCEPT ON OTHERS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Samunique(m): 9:00am On Mar 19, 2021
Chanchit:
No wonder this thread no gree reach 15 pages. Them don see evidence, they'll avoid this thread like plague.
grin
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by sulaak(m): 9:01am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

Christian are afraid that they will lose the most important institutions in their communities, they are a minority in a majority Muslim state and the only institutions that they have are their schools, that guarantee their values and ideology to their children are maintain, they now see those schools being taken over by over by stealth.

It is starting with the Hijab, but we know where this is going. Just look at education in Northern Nigeria.

I live in the UK and if you want to go to a faith based school, you have to be a member of their Church, Mosque or Synagogue, all schools are state funded and are charities (they don't pay tax)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by toye440: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2021
Loved the way they schooled the governor. I believe the Fulanis are pressing the Afonjas mumu button, telling them your fellow Yorubas are infidels, how can you have infidels running your schools with no hijab.
Oya time to practice that which you have been doing in Mecca, pick up the stones and kill them all.
Trust me the Afonjas would betray in the struggle for the Yoruba nation, a prove of this assertion is your only emir in Yoruba land, Osun state.

4 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2021
eagleu:
Why is it difficult for muslims to attend Muslim schools where they can dress according to their religion?

I don't understand hating christianity, and still fighting to attend Christian school?
My broda
They hate Christianity and prefer to go America,uk, france etc.

Am not judging, but we are not living with humans.

I cant come to ur compound and give u rule.

A Christian child can not go to Islamic school and dress as he wants. That child wil be slaughter

How can someone have this feelings they are always right?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2021
ENGINEERG

No be only you get craze for head.

Let me help you take this madness a step further.

Those stupid Mission schools benefitted from the taxes and exploitation our colonisers forced on our fathers, slavery as well.

Before whoever became the first Christian and educated your family converted. Their admission was based on abandoning the Muslim or traditional faiths to become Christians. Education and Christianity or no education at all.

After grabbing the lands and our money. That was the choice. The nerve of you all!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by tonididdy(m): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2021
Blankstare:

Oga from your story, your family where never rooted in Islam else you wouldn't have experienced bitterness like this...the rod na just steering, I have friends like you
Typical

Always forcing the religion on people... Let him be.
He detest the religion... Live with that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FEC Approves Reopening Of four Land Borders / Olusegun Bamgbose: Obaseki May Return To APC Immediately / Twin Sisters, Adanna And Adamma Ohakim Show Off Growing Baby Bumps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.