Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) (43463 Views)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2021
luluman:
see this one, he made his point clear that there it was the violence that made him convert but your own has no focus you just waiting your data
Islam for you,

It is a cult, he is more concerned about why he left the fratanity and how to threaten him back than about the topic of discussion

4 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by MASTERMIND04(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2021
Vl3ly:
do you want to hear my story also?
I was a good xtian before like 12yrs ago even I have converted 3 person in my nuclear and extended family even some are in madrasa(Islamic school)
And I pray before I reach 30yrs in Islam I would be counting 30 convertee
Crap

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:31am On Mar 19, 2021
What an irony from a man who use the English language and practices Christianity
blizard44:
Quite eye-opening.

Maybe this domineering thing ain't only about Fulani after all. More like an Islamic thing.

The agreements clearly show the Muslims are the troublemakers here.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Pavore9: 9:33am On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
ENGINEERG

No be only you get craze for head.

Let me help you take this madness a step further.

Those stupid Mission schools benefitted from the taxes and exploitation our colonisers forced on our fathers, slavery as well.

Before whoever became the first Christian and educated your family converted. Their admission was based on abandoning the Muslim or traditional faiths to become Christians. Education and Christianity or no education at all.

After grabbing the lands and our money. That was the choice. The nerve of you all!!!

What stopped the Muslim missionary societies to emphasis on school apostolate over the centuries Islam has been part of what is today's Nigeria?

What was your excuse not to set up western focused educational institutions when the Christian missionaries were, especially in the core North?

Is that why your folks forcefully took over historically Catholic owned schools like St John's College Kaduna, to rename it Rimi College and Queen of Apostles College Kaduna, the first girls' secondary school in the north of Nigeria. founded and managed by the Catholic Reverend Sisters and was forcefully taken from the Reverend Sister to became Queen Amina College Kaduna?

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2021
It is a speech that we can say reflected the spirit of the law. We haven't seen the law itself.

A nun's habit isn't still a hijab. Catholics also face discrimination amongst the Christian community. Morality can be subjective. You can't force morality on people particularly a religious one.

If it is exactly the way this speech goes, they are in the right. For me, it is a stupid law that shouldn't have been made to stand for other reasons.

Sirjamo:
1. This was just a speach by the military governor, not the law enacted to change the status of the schools.

2. The speech was delivered in 1972 not 74. I assume ( Not sure) the last time schools status were changed was 1974.

3. If these conditions were still relevant and backed by the law, where did the high court and appeal court get the legal backing to rule in favor of hijab?

4. Why are Christians afraid of hijab in a predominantly Yoruba state like Kwara?

There's no basis for any Christian to condemn hijab in Kwara state due to the following reasons:

a. Kwara and all Yoruba States has no record of hijab wearing suicide bomber.

b. Hijab is not new to Christianity. Catholic sisters wear something very similar.

c. Hijab depicts morality, is Christianity no longer a moral religion?

d. Hijab is optional even to the Muslims, no one is forcing the Christians to wear it.

I AM DONE TALKING

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:

The same people Christians defended or kept mute?

Bleep off please!

Idiot, never quote me again until you have a brain that can carry primary school certificate

You can go bleep your gay ass, you mentally unstable bisexual

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:39am On Mar 19, 2021
It is because of your madness, Muslims created some schools of theirs as well. Which thanks to you, is polarising the religions and the Yoruba community even further. Our children would be grateful for bequeathing them bigotry.

In Muslims public schools, hijab isn't compulsory.

Pavore9:

What stopped the Muslim missionary societies to emphasis on school apostolate over the centuries Islam has been part of what is today's Nigeria?

What was your excuse not to set up western focused educational institutions when the Christian missionaries were, especially in the core North?

Is that why your folks forcefully took over historically Catholic owned schools like St John's College Kaduna, to rename it Rimi College and Queen of Apostles College Kaduna, the first girls' secondary school in the north of Nigeria. founded and managed by the Catholic Reverend Sisters and was forcefully taken from the Reverend Sister to became Queen Amina College Kaduna?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by ImaIma1(f): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2021
toobusy:
........ Muslim is evil...take that religion away from this planet and people will enjoy peace they would never have imagined.

Funny enough, it would mean no boko haram, no bandits, herdsmen, bombers, terrorists, etc.

5 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by kingsceedon(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.

TERRORIST na their way, always ready to fight their fellow human beings

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by StreetFight: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2021
blizard44:
Quite eye-opening.

Maybe this domineering thing ain't only about Fulani after all. More like an Islamic thing.

CAN cannot win this battle in Kwara State. Ask anyone who has lived in Kwara. Kwarans are same as Kwakwasiyas when it comes to religious fanatism.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Noerection: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
I used to be a Muslim while growing up, me and my younger brother then will go to the mosque to learn Arabic, the clerics then will beat you for any little thing, they never treat you with love but cain always. The last time I stopped going to that evil mosque was the day one of those evil cleric hit me so hard on my face with his rosery that it broke and I had a swollen face. We became a christian a while after then and have known peace, most Islamic people are too babaric, callous and mean. I just don't like that religion at all. They just like fight and making trouble always. I still have Muslims friends though.
you are a fool

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Onelove508: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2021
Lovelyn451:
na those lawless people Una dey show agreement...let the school remain shut, once its open expel all of them...
Funny but true.
You don't show paper agreement to person way no send.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by StreetFight: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
I used to be a Muslim while growing up, me and my younger brother then will go to the mosque to learn Arabic, the clerics then will beat you for any little thing, they never treat you with love but cain always. The last time I stopped going to that evil mosque was the day one of those evil cleric hit me so hard on my face with his rosery that it broke and I had a swollen face. We became a christian a while after then and have known peace, most Islamic people are too babaric, callous and mean. I just don't like that religion at all. They just like fight and making trouble always. I still have Muslims friends though.

Did you inherit curses from the generations before you or you are just dragging curses now?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by StreetFight: 9:51am On Mar 19, 2021
Lovelyn451:
na those lawless people Una dey show agreement...let the school remain shut, once its open expel all of them...

Expel Muslim students in Ilorin schools? Even Pope will not try it. It's a lost battle.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
THRASH THRASH THRASH
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by PVision2020(m): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
1. This was just a speach by the military governor, not the law enacted to change the status of the schools.

2. The speech was delivered in 1972 not 74. I assume ( Not sure) the last time schools status were changed was 1974.

3. If these conditions were still relevant and backed by the law, where did the high court and appeal court get the legal backing to rule in favor of hijab?

4. Why are Christians afraid of hijab in a predominantly Yoruba state like Kwara?

There's no basis for any Christian to condemn hijab in Kwara state due to the following reasons:

b. Hijab is not new to Christianity. Catholic sisters wear something very similar.

d. Hijab is optional even to the Muslims, no one is forcing the Christians to wear it.

I AM DONE TALKING

You're just being mischievous and trying to be intelligent by half.

If every religion and sect should go about enforcing their religious biases in every secular institution won't there be confusion and anarchy?
There is a school uniform and mode of dressing for every school and institutions for uniformity. If traditional worshipers start clamouring to wear charms and bracelets, if White garment people wear their robe, if masquerade worshipers decide to put on their garb, if ayilala people decide to wear their white robes to school etc won't their be issue.

You guys are simply troublesome and violent by nature.
Christians contributed money, bought land, built schools and decide to hand the administration of the school over to the government (base on agreements) so that it can be accessible to irrespective of social, ethnic, economy or religious leaning all and what they get in return is this? Aba!!!

Please be reasonable.

7 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by kwamerayban(m): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
You dont need to use your personal prejudice to view a Whole

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by shadeyinka(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2021
Blankstare:

Oga from your story, your family where never rooted in Islam else you wouldn't have experienced bitterness like this...the rod na just steering, I have friends like you
It doesn't stop the fact that Islam is a religion of aggression!

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by betshopagent(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

You are done talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Ogbeniomo: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2021
capitalzero:

Islamic teaching means torture. That method of teaching makes average muslims to be callous.
l don't use to quote anyhow, but there is something i want make more open here,:lslam is a violence religion first of all try to understand where that religion originated from it is from lshmael outcast Son of Abraham from Egyptian maiden called Hagar.Bible made it clean and clear before lshmael were born that he will be a violente man that his hand will be against his against every man and every man's hand will be against him (Genesis 16 vs 11+12) that's why allvoer the world they have thesame trait and lslam can never go for peace, violence is in thier nature not that u can't see good individual ones they are many but as a religion kossi so you re right My man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Jury(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2021
These are needless unnecessary dispute. People on nairaland are suppose to be touch bearer, best of Nigerians but most times it seems as if it is the a beer palour where any tale goes. Our discussion never reflex our education, enlightenment and exposure to international practice.

We are part of the problem, instead of being the solution by educating ourselves here and then combine that with our education, enlightenment and exposure to enlightening our people.

The discussion above seem simple from my perspective but I can't make any pronouncements or judgment because I need to understand what the other is seeing which have eluded me.

In conflict resolution, before you make a pronouncement or condemn the other parties you must understand their perspective.

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by stanisbaratheon: 9:58am On Mar 19, 2021
You call the Christians infidel but yet, you want to attend a Christian school

Don't they have Muslim schools where only hijab is allowed??

These religious fanatics of a people cannot see past their noses. How can you go to a school that was founded upon Christian ideals and then start trying to upturn the rules to suite your religion??

So after accommodating you with your personal belief you now turn around and rebel against the school??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by shadeyinka(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

Religion of aggression!
They will come to you as peaceful people when they are few. Once they have a little power, they force people to subjugation.

Can you see why Islam is truely a religion of aggression?
Why wouldn't Muslims build their own schools?

What will now be taken over is the staff management in grant-aided post-primary institutions and NOT the institutions themselves. A total take–over of schools by Government means, among other things, a change in ownership of schools. In this connection, I want to remind the Voluntary Agencies that they are still the owner of their schools and therefore retain the rights over as well as responsibilities for them.

Religion of Hooligans!

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by ImaIma1(f): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2021
StreetFight:

CAN cannot win this battle in Kwara State. Ask anyone who has lived in Kwara. Kwarans are same as Kwakwasiyas when it comes to religious fanatism.

Let the court decide

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Abimbola29(m): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.
What makes you feel he fabricated the story?every body has right to his or her own comments,he just dropped his why not drop your let's see!!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by gaskiyamagana: 10:02am On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
It is because of your madness, Muslims created some schools of theirs as well. Which thanks to you, is polarising the religions and the Yoruba community even further. Our children would be grateful for bequeathing them bigotry.

In Muslims public schools, hijab isn't compulsory.

Was it even compulsory on muslims students in any school? The core issue is which muslims who wish should not be denied. If Christians win this holy war in Kwara, they won in Nigeria. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Those schools affected by Kwara CRUSADERS will be closed till further notice that muslims girls who wish to use hijab are allowed. Students of those should be distributed to other schools without CRUSADERS.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Rigel95(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2021
The people are the government.
femi4:
Nonsense...you don't dictate to the govt

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by mywells: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2021
Wolfs hidding under the skin of a sheep,it's quiet unfortunate.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by RMoneyInTheBank: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2021
eagleu:
Why is it difficult for muslims to attend Muslim schools where they can dress according to their religion?

I don't understand hating christianity, and still fighting to attend Christian school?
they are hypocrites... So attending christain schools is not HARAM... Ahhahahahahhahaa

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Ogbeniomo: 10:06am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

For ur information Kwara is not Yoruba state but a Nothern state
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by amah4game: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2021
Good morning....
blizard44:
Quite eye-opening.

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Rodwave: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

Take your hijab to kandahar province, that's where mozlem terrorist miscreants thrive not in a Christian school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos From Bomb Blast In Baga Fish Market, Borno Scene Of Yesterday / President Buhari And Senate President Saraki Strike A Pose (photo) / Patience Jonathan Lands In Nigeria From Vacation Abroad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.