Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? (3576 Views)

Ladies Name One Thing Men Do That Turns You Off But They Think It's A Turn On / 10 Times Nigerian Men Married Foreign Women. / Noxolo Mampa, The South African Lady Who Bashed Nigerian men Finally Apologized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

On the contrary, I haven't even opened my twitter app today, nor am I a feminist activist...I'm just a woman tired of seeing men disrespect women all the time.

So asking Nigerian men to respect women is so crazy and out of this world that I have to be tagged a feminist?? Wow. Just wow. You Nigerian men are truly special creatures.
Take a chill pill. I've also asked this question before here (with my other account) and I discovered it's all cruise. No carry am for head.

I'm also a strong hater of hating a group of people based on their gender or race or anything at all. We're on the same boat in many aspects so I understand.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by LadyTiannah2: 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
Truvel:
Op, I Can Feel Ur Pains In Ur Post. Na D Pains Baba God Give Women, We Men Av Our Own Pains Too.
I know that, and I acknowledge the fact that the life of a man isn't easy; but is asking for respect really too much? Just look at half of the comments made by guys here. Its heartbreaking, the level of hatred for women

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

Okay. Asking men to respect women is trash apparently. People like you can never have happy homes. Good luck.

Lol.. You are the pained one not me...
I am in charge of my Affairs which include my home and nobody can make me unhappy in my home, I send away the person.. no time for bullshit..
You lots are always asking for respect upandan.. How many times has men asked for respect?? Una no dey tire with bitterness??
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by LadyTiannah2: 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
Activist001:

Take a chill pill. I've also asked this question before here (with my other account) and I discovered it's all cruise. No carry am for head.

I'm also a strong hater of hating a group of people based on their gender or race or anything at all. We're on the same boat in many aspects so I understand.
Alright bro, we're cool.

But it's not cruise o. Many of them here genuinely hate women and even like it when women get harmed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by DSC7: 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

Which brings me to another question. Why do you feel it's any of your business how a woman chooses to live her life? What ever happened to human rights? If a woman decides to sell her body, how does it concern you? Do you guys carry this same energy with yahoo boys, ritualists and the likes? Because we do not need rocket science to know that most of the crimes perpetuated in the country are done by guys, yet most of you people's energy goes towards hating women who aren't even committing crimes. Its quite strange to be honest.

Mind you not all men have that mentality of enslaving their spouse..Men like me don't have that time to dictate how you should live ur life rather i will tell you wat i detest...if u can cope fine if you can't i move ahead... It's a free world..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

I know that, and I acknowledge the fact that the life of a man isn't easy; but is asking for respect really too much? Just look at half of the comments made by guys here. Its heartbreaking, the level of hatred for women
U See Those Guys Behaving Dis Way, Las Las Na Women Dem Go Still Live With.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nice writeup but it's sounds like crap to mii maybe because of the way you typed it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by McSquishi(f): 1:47am On Mar 20, 2021
Nigerian men are generally very misogynistic, they don’t have a culture that teaches them to value women at all anymore.

A woman literally risks her life to carry the child and birth the child... men will be pretending them working 12hrs a day is as big of a challenge

The truth is subconsciously they know that if they appreciate and acknowledge a woman’s value and contributions to a family & to society they will then have to treat us as valuable as we are. By denying that a woman is valuable those men can continue to devalue us & degrade us.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by DMerciful(m): 4:34am On Mar 20, 2021
Women and exaggerations. How come the same pain both men and women share like when taking injection, women behave as if they are using knives on them. If men were carrying pregnancy they would sulk it up!

After complaining, you'd still do it again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by anozie33146: 5:05am On Mar 20, 2021
Well, I respect those facts, and I respect women.The disrespect is actually towards those ladies who sold their pride for money, and not women generally.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by MrHighSea: 5:40am On Mar 20, 2021
You need another human to house, clothe and feed you while you make yourself a birthing machine.

Child bearing is optional while the 3 basic human needs are not.

Just support the dude.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Erums(m): 6:23am On Mar 20, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

On the contrary, I haven't even opened my twitter app today, nor am I a feminist activist...I'm just a woman tired of seeing men disrespect women all the time.

So asking Nigerian men to respect women is so crazy and out of this world that I have to be tagged a feminist?? Wow. Just wow. You Nigerian men are truly special creatures.

. You are duly respected... Don't be mad ok
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Draught: 6:37am On Mar 20, 2021
My dear calm down. chances are high you will still marry a Nigerian male..

You do have a father right or uncles? Can you say they behave or think like that..

Not every 9ja male thinks like an ignorant person, just like not every female believes all men are dogs..

Stop generalizing!

There are a lot of male medics that have witnessed child births, I doubt they can utter such, so most likely it's those who haven't come close to that experience that make such utterances..

So please relax, for every dim wit you see there's a high intellectual person some where else...

Also you might need to move around more and meet new people cos if this is frequent for you that means your environment isn't meant for you...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by zagorakis(m): 6:51am On Mar 20, 2021
If you think pregnancy and childbirth is work, stressful and depressing then don't get pregnant and don't bear children.. PERIOD.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by LadyTiannah2: 8:00am On Mar 20, 2021
Draught:
My dear calm down. chances are high you will still marry a Nigerian male..

You do have a father right or uncles? Can you say they behave or think like that..

Not every 9ja male thinks like an ignorant person, just like not every female believes all men are dogs..

Stop generalizing!

There are a lot of male medics that have witnessed child births, I doubt they can utter such, so most likely it's those who haven't come close to that experience that make such utterances..

So please relax, for every dim wit you see there's a high intellectual person some where else...

Also you might need to move around more and meet new people cos if this is frequent for you that means your environment isn't meant for you...
It's not a matter of my environment, I see this male disrespect online everyday. I didn't generalize. I said most Nigerian men. Judging from their comments on this thread, I guess there's nothing that can be done about it
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 20, 2021
Another gender war thread.. empty cocoons undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by BBBells: 8:20am On Mar 20, 2021
payday guys,

you might have read,

MAN JUMPS FROM THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE AFTER BEING CHEATED BY GIRLFRIEND

MAN DRINKS SNIPER OVER LOVE ISSUES

AND THE RECENT FCMB BOSS SAGA

ETC

its not that good women are not out there, but we just want guys to love with open eyes and not their diiccks thats just it,

#MAYGODSAVEUS
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by pocohantas(f): 8:52am On Mar 20, 2021
DMerciful:
Women and exaggerations. How come the same pain both men and women share like when taking injection, women behave as if they are using knives on them. If men were carrying pregnancy they would sulk it up!

After complaining, you'd still do it again.

Women actually take injections better than men. Ask any nurse around you.

If men were carrying pregnancies, humans would be almost extinct. There are pains men are designed for, pregnancy is not one. They can’t even watch the process, yet you convince yourself they can live it? They wouldn’t even do a godamn vasectomy, yet you think they will have a doctor slash their vaginas with a blade or tear their bikini line in the name of CS? God knows why he didn’t even give them the womb.

You people think everything is by muscle and brute force. That is why y’all go upandan, blowing up everywhere.

OP, please marry a man that has sense. I don’t know how many they are in Nigeria currently- but your chances of hooking one seems slim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Draught: 9:01am On Mar 20, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

It's not a matter of my environment, I see this male disrespect online everyday. I didn't generalize. I said most Nigerian men. Judging from their comments on this thread, I guess there's nothing that can be done about it

Good that you said online and To be honest with you dear, most of the population demographics commenting on this site ranges from early teens to mid 20's.. These are still exuberant and not so experienced in a lot of life issues..

Take public comments here with a pinch of salt. These comments don't genuinely reflect the outside world plus most ppl because of this stressful nation we live in, use this medium to vent or lash out...

Also women equally bash men here with all kind of rhetorics .So is it not safe to conclude, the females are just as worse as their male counterparts?...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Draught: 9:07am On Mar 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Women actually take injections better than men. Ask any nurse around you.

If men were carrying pregnancies, humans would be almost extinct. There are pains men are designed for, pregnancy is not one. They can’t even watch the process, yet you convince yourself they can live it? They wouldn’t even do a godamn vasectomy, yet you think they will have a doctor slash their vaginas with a blade or tear their bikini line in the name of CS? God knows why he didn’t even give them the womb.

You people think everything is by muscle and brute force. That is why y’all go upandan, blowing up everywhere.

OP, please marry a man that has sense. I don’t know how many they are in Nigeria currently- but your chances of hooking one seems slim.

You're entitled to your opinion but honestly what you wrote doesn't add up...

If men were actually the ones from time memorial giving birth dont you think they would be more like the women concerning pregnancy related issues and the women would be more like the man?...

The reason you have some men acting such way is because they aren't too enlightened bout such issues.. Just as there are some issues men relate with very well women can't even dare enter such situations...

There's a reason why there exists a male and a female, we weren't born the same and we were brought up differently.. Understand this fact and use this Knowledge as Power in all your endeavors...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by pocohantas(f): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2021
McSquishi:

The truth is subconsciously they know that if they appreciate and acknowledge a woman’s value and contributions to a family & to society they will then have to treat us as valuable as we are. By denying that a woman is valuable those men can continue to devalue us & degrade us.

Well said. Same way they trivialize caregiving. Leave them with two kids for just a night, by the time you get back, they would have given them all sorts of junk to pacify them. They will na know it is not by “logic”. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by pocohantas(f): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2021
ModestGal:

Lol, you don't know African men, most of them are dumb,selfish and irrational. Their pride is in shaming women especially this present day generation of men, its a waste of time discussing with them or making them reason things out.

They are not capable of matured discussion, they just want to shame woman,without thinking of their mothers and sisters at home

Total waste of time. Any of them quoting me is just wasting his time. I rather watch paint dry that have a conversation with 99% of them, let alone the slow and predictable ones on NL.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Youngpo413: 9:20am On Mar 20, 2021
If its about money please be brief....who man or woman epp?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by crackhaus: 10:10am On Mar 20, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

You saw the part where I said men should respect a woman, as long as she isn't showing him disrespect or causing him harm right? Of course you did.
LadyTiannah2:

My point is that men should respect women. If you want respect as a man, then show respect too.
This is just as silly as it is funny...

The single most important problem with a lot of you ladies is that you believe you're all that.
Now tell me why in God's name should a man respect all women just because they are women with vagínas and have the capacity for birth?

You/anyone has to be deserving of respect in order to be respected... you have to earn it! It is not based on just having a vagína you did not mould yourself, or birthing children no one forced you to.

If we were to even go by your logic; that just being a woman who goes through pregnancy/labour and combines that with taking care of the home-front, is enough to be respected, then the only two women in a man's life he owes respect to by default are his mother (the one who birthed him) and his wife (mother of his children).
Every other woman will have to earn his respect or at least be deserving of it instead of simply sitting down gesticulating and expecting it from strangers who know nothing about her.

I actually sympathize with you and the rest of your sisters who keep crying for this respect. It is not easy knowing that you now have to work extra hard to be valued despite having that vagína you were raised to believe that all men will die for.
This is the world we now live in, things have changed and the earlier y'all get used to the new modus operandi, the better.

I encourage you however to please take solace in the fact that one day you will be a wife and a mother.
Your husband (hopefully) and your sons (definitely) will respect, adore, and worship you. It is ONLY these group of males that owe you their respect and everything else you believe you deserve as a woman.
From the remaining men out there, expect absolutely nothing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by LadyTiannah2: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2021
Draught:

Good that you said online and To be honest with you dear, most of the population demographics commenting on this site ranges from early teens to mid 20's.. These are still exuberant and not so experienced in a lot of life issues..

Take public comments here with a pinch of salt. These comments don't genuinely reflect the outside world plus most ppl because of this stressful nation we live in, use this medium to vent or lash out...

Also women equally bash men here with all kind of rhetorics .So is it not safe to conclude, the females are just as worse as their male counterparts?...

Nope, females aren't as bad as the males here. If you notice, most of the threads here that criticize men are done in response to previous threads opened by guys to bash women. Women do not just wake up in the morning and decide to spew hate the way the guys here do on a daily basis...they only do so after they have been provoked.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by LadyTiannah2: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2021
crackhaus:

This is just as silly as it is funny...

The single most important problem with a lot of you ladies is that you believe you're all that.
Now tell me why in God's name should a man respect all women just because they are women with vagínas and have the capacity for birth?

You/anyone has to be deserving of respect in order to be respected... you have to earn it! It is not based on just having a vagína you did not mould yourself, or birthing children no one forced you to.

If we were to even go by your logic; that just being a woman who goes through pregnancy/labour and combines that with taking care of the home-front, is enough to be respected, then the only two women in a man's life he owes respect to by default are his mother (the one who birthed him) and his wife (mother of his children).
Every other woman will have to earn his respect or at least be deserving of it instead of simply sitting down gesticulating and expecting it from strangers who know nothing about her.

I actually sympathize with you and the rest of your sisters who keep crying for this respect. It is not easy knowing that you now have to work extra hard to be valued despite having that vagína you were raised to believe that all men will die for.
This is the world we now live in, things have changed and the earlier y'all get used to the new modus operandi, the better.

I encourage you however to please take solace in the fact that one day you will be a wife and a mother.
Your husband (hopefully) and your sons (definitely) will respect, adore, and worship you. It is ONLY these group of males that owe you their respect and everything else you believe you deserve as a woman.
From the remaining men out there, expect absolutely nothing...

Lol this one completely missed the thesis of my write-up.
I opened with a question..."why are Nigerian men fond of trivializing the act of carrying a pregnancy to term and giving birth?", then I followed up with the pains a woman goes through during her pregnancy and why men should not be so hard on her by making her feel inferior for not earning money, after all that's his only/major responsibility as the lady manages the homefront. But in your haste to be savage and prove that you posses some form of knowledge, the whole writeup went completely over your head. Lol. Calm down and read again, maybe you'll understand my point better.

The summary of my write up is that women go through a lot, even though most men refuse to admit it, so men ought to accord them the respect they deserve. Never did I insinuate that a woman should be respected, simply because she has a vagina. Grow up. Every human deserves to be treated with courtesy and spoken to with courtesy; I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it, if you entered a commercial building to conduct some form of business and you' get treated poorly. Would you conclude in your mind that you did not earn the respect of the cashier or manager, so their rude behavior is justified? Like what do you even mean? Treat people the way you'd like to be treated. That's what I believe in. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by BBBells: 10:55am On Mar 20, 2021
SirMichael1:
Sorry ehn. Don't be angry. Sorry.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Draught: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

Nope, females aren't as bad as the males here. If you notice, most of the threads here that criticize men are done in response to previous threads opened by guys to bash women. Women do not just wake up in the morning and decide to spew hate the way the guys here do on a daily basis...they only do so after they have been provoked.

Don't take it too personal OK.. I see it as a result of idleness ( 33% unemployment levels also factor) + guys presence here are more visible than female, either through commenting or creation of thread + guys you know can be more vocal than girls over here... So those and so many miscellaneous factors can also account for more frequent XX bashing threads by the XY's..

However don't be discouraged, still acquire more knowledge by reading those threads, you will still learn a lot about the mindset, philosophies and cultural upbringing of these our mosaic nation...

Nigerian men in general aren't 100% monsters and if they were the women would also account for that cause, and will also be just like that counterparts...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by ModestGal(f): 11:25am On Mar 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Total waste of time. Any of them quoting me is just wasting his time. I rather watch paint dry that have a conversation with 99% of them, let alone the slow and predictable ones on NL.
Most of them are BROKE and DUMB. Ignoring them is best

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by pocohantas(f): 11:28am On Mar 20, 2021
ModestGal:

Most of them are BROKE and DUMB. Ignoring them is best
I no know of that broke, as I no be their account officer, but I agree with the latter. If them type epistle finish, them go rest. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Callertunez: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2021
marry me, I'm not a present day Nigerian man
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2021
So which generation of Men do you prefer?

Peter Edochie is from the previous generation, so I guess you prefer that then.

LadyTiannah2:
Why is it that many Nigerian men are fond of trivializing the act of carrying a pregnancy to term and giving birth?? Like do you men think that thing is easy?? Carrying a baby for nine whole months, having your body change drastically --the weight gain, painful boobs which start to sag, frequent urination, cramps etc-- then pushing out the child, not to mention the depression some women feel afterwards. Has any of you ever bothered to watch a video of a woman in labour to see the agony she passes through?

Yet one entity with an appendage dangling between his legs will come online and show so much disrespect to women, they'll say things like "and so what, is she the first woman to have a child?", "there's nothing special there", as if its easy. She'll take care of the child, clean the house, cook, yet a man will make her feel inadequate and that she's not contributing to the home because she's not earning money. Let me tell you now, being a mom is a full time job and any woman who is able to combine raising a child, taking care of her home and adding a paid job to it is a goddamñ super hero in my book. Learn to respect women. As long as a woman isn't showing you disrespect or causing you harm. show her respect and stop being a fúcking asshóle. Period.

And before some of you start yarning dust, I'm not a mom or pregnant. Not even considering marriage yet, cos to be honest, the thought of marrying the present day Nigerian man scares the crap out of me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only The ENLIGHTENED MEN Can Answer This Biittch's Stupid Question!! (Photo) / Finally Registered! (pics) / Wife Says: If You Want Different Sex Styles, Pay Me Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.