Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own (36502 Views)

Burnaboy says 'JayZ No Do Pass Like This' at Starboyfest (video) / #bbnaija: Mr P. Promises Tacha N60 Million Naira If She Don't Win - Jomotv / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by FullBlastLight: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Eauxclaires:

At times I wonder about the guy...seems he sleeps online..you open a new thread you see him among the first 5 commenters..
Doesn't he go to Church, market, mall, visit friend and relatives? Abi he is those kind of people who you would go out with, you will talking they would be pressing phone, you guys would be crossing they will be pressing phone

Hey, hold it there!

He doesn't hv attendance online more than an average NLder, bt u guys keep castigating dt he comments on every thread simply because He wldn't write what u guys really wanna see dt suits u!

If he had been writing 2 ur taste & preference, u wldn't care if he comments on every single thread!

Abeg, mek una shun! shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
bigtt76:
Abegi e don do ...Nigerians with this 'haters' mentality ....everything hates this ....haters that! You don win you don win ...let go angry

A Nigerian finally won the Grammy’s for an indigenous body of work and what his country men have to say about it is that “we won’t hear word now”...you don’t expect him to spark?
Or he should act like you guys don’t actually hate him?

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by abbey621(m): 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Exodora:
Pride comes before a down fall.
You can't possible do it all on your own .
Somebody some how contributed . People listened and liked the music first , at least acknowledge them .

You don't get it, he's not referring to his fans or his mom or his close pals. He was referring to those haters who shaded him the last 2 years, if you visit his Twitter regularly you'll see all sorts of hate comment from so called fanatics of other musicians. Na real war, so let my guy celebrate how he deems fit!

4 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Tareq1105: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Shut up. It is not all topics u jump into, some are not of ur business, u always on point on some topics, while some, u sounded religiously ridiculous.

Focus on your part bro.

If you really love him, you would not want him to go to hell.

Remember, Grammy Award is not a licence to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
ayodeji4000:
Oro igberaga , you can't do it on your own, some chose to award you the grammy, he didn't mention God because he knew God was not involved
Well...he mentioned God...since na talk you dey find.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

That is where the problem is. He couldn't have done it on his own. Forget his efforts and all. The criticism and rejections was actually what propelled him and he does not need to ascribe all perfection to himself but to God that grants him the grace. The statement credited to him is unnecessary and needless.
He did that.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Troublemaker007(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
post=100081026:
From all of us @[/b] : [b]No one can receive anything unless God gives it from heaven.

Even yahoo boiz too?

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by bigtt76(f): 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
No one is saying he shouldn't talk but I mean ....why start playing the pity-party blame game. Ofcourse many probably didn't want him to win because of his garrulous and arrogant manners but despite that, he ought to sound humble and embrace peace and be well behaved. Have you heard Wizkid say anything since he won ....but no this one go make like say everyone should be lying down for him to walk on. Abeg make park one side jooor!

DrayZee:

A Nigerian finally won the Grammy’s for an indigenous body of work and what his country men have to say about it is that “we won’t hear word now”...you don’t expect him to spark?
Or he should act like you guys don’t actually hate him?

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
Exodora:
Pride comes before a down fall.
You can't possible do it all on your own .
Somebody some how contributed . People listened and liked the music first , at least acknowledge them .

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by richie240: 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

The 'kid' is already throwing subtle shades at 'those' who won grammy with collaborative efforts.

las-las, I knew it would get to ds but i didn't expect it to cone from him.

#if u know u know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Lomprico2: 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Beckysexy:
He's a good artist no doubt but he is not mature.

why say so?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Dotman2210(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Beckysexy:
As in this is just petty,he is good with his craft as you've rightly said but has attitudinal problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Lomprico2: 6:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
Whitecoal711:
Pride
First blame was our leader ,now the mass
B boy we made you
Pride come with fall
You can't eat it finish if we cook give you
Show appreciation to the people

how did u make him? na you dey write songs for am?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Angelfrost(m): 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
abbey621:

Abeg be quiet! Self made does not mean alone, it means not relying on the sponsorship or finances of others, in the music industry it means not signing your life away to producers/marketers etc. Dude could have blown a long time ago if he signed with Mavin or some hotshot record company but he didn't, dude worked on himself, gave his fans what they wanted and God handled the rest.

When you are ready to intelligently and civilly learn about the reality of life, quote me... Till then, continue acting like a petulant child like your idol above. Bye! tongue

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Duplexxx: 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Pray for more
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Dotman2210:
As in this is just petty,he is good with his craft as you've rightly said but has attitudinal problem

The guy is a fool. He is not even that popular in Nigeria. Instead of him to use the grammy win to build his Nigerian fan base he is running his mouth like faulty faucet. When guys like 2baba, 9ice, Flavor etc. can anchor concerts in retirement this guy will be lucky to fill a primary school assembly. He needs to get to work. His latest songs are not palatable to Nigerians, that's a fact.

The thing that pain me most is that more talented and humble guys like 2baba, 9ice and Flavor did not win grammy but this half-baked performer who is extremely noisy/arrogant wins it. Life no get balance.

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
bigtt76:
No one is saying he shouldn't talk but I mean ....why start playing the pity-party blame game. Ofcourse many probably didn't want him to win because of his garrulous and arrogant manners but despite that, he ought to sound humble and embrace peace and be well behaved. Have you heard Wizkid say anything since he won ....but no this one go make like say everyone should be lying down for him to walk on. Abeg make park one side jooor!

“He ought to sound humble”
As expected...Nigerians, the ever-present custodians of humility want to tell somebody how to celebrate his award. He shouldn’t make too much noise, so that everybody will like him.
Wizkid won a certificate of participation, not an award...and it was for the video, not his own body of work. That’s why he won’t even tweet about it.
Burna didn’t tell anyone to lie on the ground...only God knows why him celebrating his win is equivalent to that for you.
He simply said he remembers those who didn’t want him to win, that they don’t realize that his win is their win. He said he won it on his own (as it is his body of work), and then he thanked the people who believed in him and also worked with him to achieve the album...what exactly is you people’s problem now?

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Gyong(m): 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
On your own ke? since the day pdiddy announced that he ll be producing the twice as tall album, I told a friend the album will def win a Grammy. Burna no disrespect, your former album was way better, so do tell your kids diddy did it for you. what do I know sef......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MrIcredible: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul not all these worldly gratifications..
That is what will give HIM Joy...
That is what will make HIM Smile..
That is what will give HIM Glory..
God is not a MAN!

HE IS BEYOND ALL THESE NONSENSE YOU THINK OF HIM
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Myer(m): 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:

“He ought to sound humble”
As expected...Nigerians, the ever-present custodians of humility want to tell somebody how to celebrate his award. He shouldn’t make too much noise, so that everybody will like him.
Wizkid won a certificate of participation, not an award...and it was for the video, not his own body of work. That’s why he won’t even tweet about it.
Burna didn’t tell anyone to lie on the ground...only God knows why him celebrating his win is equivalent to that for you.
He simply said he remembers those who didn’t want him to win, that they don’t realize that his win is their win. He said he won it on his own (as it is his body of work), and then he thanked the people who believed in him and also worked with him to achieve the album...what exactly is you people’s problem now?

He certainly didn't lie about that cos most Nigerians didn't want him to win the last year's Grammy due to his arrogance.

I won't say they prayed against him but clearly didn't want him to be the first to win the grammy. And what we all feared is already playing out. His already bloated ego has already become magnified beyond telescopic levels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by WeRblessed(f): 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul not all these worldly gratifications..

And what makes you think that God is not glorified with his endeavors and achievement? If you truely know God like you think you do, you will understand that God derives joy in the success if his children. God is even more proud of Burna Boy than most of you "must be born again or die" christians. Because he is using his God-given talent,, and doing it so well as a matter of fact. Religion is a lifestyle. Love God, love your neighbor, give to the poor, and mind your business. When you do these thing you are a child of God. Jesus did not give you an instruction to go to church, but whatever you do Jesus is the way to the kingdom of God. So if you are child of God be happy cuz Burna boy is using his talent. Ask God for your talent so you can make an impact. Religion and churching, preaching and praying are definately not talent, because those are the right things every human do. What is your talent?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

The guy is a fool. He is not even that popular in Nigeria. Instead of him to use the grammy win to build his Nigerian fan base he is running his mouth like faulty faucet. When guys like 2baba, 9ice, Flavor etc. can anchor concerts in retirement this guy will be lucky to fill a primary school assembly. He needs to get to work. His latest songs are not palatable to Nigerians, that's a fact.
Burna boy will be fine? Hehas almost double Spotify listeners than either Wizkid or Davido. He knows a large percentage of his fan base isn’t from here. Nigerians didn’t give a care for his music before...as they saw he was going higher, they decided to stan one of their own. That’s when he gained a major fan base here who actually like his music.
Those his Nigerian Outsiders and the foreign population are his target market. There’s no reason for him to change his style and start making the noise that typical Nigerians like. Even Wizkid’s new album, the typical Nigerian doesn’t care for the music there, but a large Nigerian base still listen to it.
We also have Brymo, Bez, Asa, Santi, Ric Hassani, Chike. How many typical Nigerians listen to their music which is actually good?
Those who like their work will find them and listen to them...the others should sort themselves out with other artists.

4 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Toks2008(m): 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
I know he must show his arrogance, it 8s in his DNA.

Even 8f you did it on your own, remember it was the acceptance of your song by the people that got you nominated and it was this people thst did it for you with the GOD factor ofcourse so you don't need this type of arrogance.

Who are the "you all" that were praying for you not to win? Why not rather thank those that prayer for you?

Bboy, you are a kid, immature, arrogant, ungrateful and therefore you are an empty barrel.

Grammy or no Grammy, there are still better Music artistes in Nigeria you can't even match up with... Biko calm down.

Even me I will still choose Davido anyday over you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by wallarwallar(m): 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:

Ki lo ma se boy righteousness... So hw u take know say jesus no dey hin life . Self holiness .. Preach jesus with love not condemnation
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Oshokalo: 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.
guy quiet him no go fall,people have said worst than this,that's what he is stating,God is definitely not man
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Bmuhd4smile: 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
abbey621:

Abeg be quiet! Self made does not mean alone, it means not relying on the sponsorship or finances of others, in the music industry it means not signing your life away to producers/marketers etc. Dude could have blown a long time ago if he signed with Mavin or some hotshot record company but he didn't, dude worked on himself, gave his fans what they wanted and God handled the rest.

You get the perspective.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by BinamRex: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Beckysexy:

That was why people pray that he shouldn't win. Burna Boy is immature. He needs to learn humility from 2Face Idibia.

An artist's humility can make people pray they win an award they don't even deserve. That's what humility does. It makes people love you regardless of your talent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Myer:

He certainly didn't lie about that cos most Nigerians didn't want him to win the last year's Grammy due to his arrogance.

I won't say they prayed against him but clearly didn't want him to be the first to win the grammy. And what we all feared is already playing out. His already bloated ego has already become magnified beyond telescopic levels.
What has he said that is making you guys so emotional?
The only people who should have a problem with his tweet are those who didn’t want him to win.
My belated condolences to you all.

4 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

You're chasin' clout and I won't give you that. Ignoramus being!. Keep qouting me but you'll never get a response again. You stupid product of an accidental sex!

E pain am grin

Tell the demons in your empty skull to mind their business when next Righteousness posts.

Happy new week my dear friend. grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:
Burna boy will be fine? Hehas almost double Spotify listeners than either Wizkid or Davido. He knows a large percentage of his fan base isn’t from here. Nigerians didn’t give a care for his music before...as they saw he was going higher, they decided to stan one of their own. That’s when he gained a major fan base here who actually like his music.Those his Nigerian Outsiders and the foreign population are his target market. There’s no reason for him to change his style and start making the noise that typical Nigerians like. Even Wizkid’s new album, the typical Nigerian doesn’t care for the music there, but a large Nigerian base still listen to it. We also have Brymo, Bez, Asa, Santi, Ric Hassani, Chike. How many typical Nigerians listen to their music which is actually good?Those who like their work will find them and listen to them...the others should sort themselves out with other artists.

I see your point. My issue is his arrogance outweighs his talent. If guys like 2baba, 9ice, KizzDaniel, Tekno, FlavorNabania etc. can be humble who da Bleep is burna? I have listened to all his songs - and he does not have more than 6 songs in his whole life that you can even consider 'good.' And please don't compare him to Chike, Asa or Brymo. Please that is an insult to REAL talent. Burna no reach that level at all at all.

The difference between him and wizkid is that wizkid actually knows how to deliver songs that Nigerians like. Burna does not. That is the fact.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
MrIcredible:

God is not a MAN!

HE IS BEYOND ALL THESE NONSENSE YOU THINK OF HIM

The only God that is not man is Jehovah. And if He is the one you are referring to, all Righteousness has type is in line with His instructions.

Which god is yours Ogun or Sango?

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Ebpumping: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
but this him own grammy take style resemble fake o abi na my eye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Paul Okoye Posts On 'Stealing Of Songs' Complains . . Funny / Prague College Student Studies JAYWON As Her Final Year Project / Odunlade Adekola Pictured With Aki And Pawpaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.