Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People (3799 Views)

Here's What Nelson Mandela Thought About Nigeria Breaking Up / Yoruba, Biafra UNPO Membership: Risk Of Nigeria Breaking Up Now Higher / North Not Afraid Of Nigeria Breaking Up – Anthony Sani Tells Ipob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Successdude(m): 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
I've noticed that some people visibly fear so much the breaking f Nigeria. You see it in their comments here on nairaland or posts on social media, no matter how they tend to veil that visible panick.

And one wonders what could be the reason. Like I don't get why such heightened fear.

What are your thoughts ?

7 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Hashabiah: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
Nobody is afraid of Nigeria breaking up and you know why...? Because it is never going to happen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by tito44: 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
They re parasites and leeches. U know what happens to a parasite when u take it off it's host, it dies. That's what they re scared of

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Successdude(m): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hashabiah:
Nobody is afraid of Nigeria breaking up and you know why...? Because it is never going to happen.

People are afraid. And thing is, its very visible.

And Haven't you read ridiculous statements linking war to a simple call for dissolution ? Even when those who want it never mention war ? NOW, what would have brought in a war into such act ? And even if the mention of that was to just discourage people from asking for secession, and not that it was going to lead to the said war, why the discouragement ? why such fear that amounts to discouragment of people wanting to stay on their own; and again if they really mean war, would lead to war ?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Successdude(m): 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
tito44:
They re parasites and leeches. U know what happens to a parasite when u take it off it's host, it dies. That's what they re scared of

with such heightened fear, that's truly what you called it. like, I don't get it.

are they that "useless and unproductive " that they just conclude they can't amount to anything on their own ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Hashabiah: 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
Successdude:

People are afraid. And thing is, its very visible.
People? What people. Because all I see are just online warriors making noise everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Litmus: 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
Would Ghana breaking into pieces fill you with joy or would you be nonplussed about it?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Rossikki: 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
Successdude:
I've noticed that some people visibly fear so much the breaking f Nigeria. You see it in their comments here on nairaland or posts on social media, no matter how they tend to veil that visible panick.

And one wonders what could be the reason. Like I don't get why such heightened fear.

What are your thoughts ?

If Nigeria 'breaks', do you think it will just be a peaceful parting of ways in which nobody's life is disrupted?

If that is what you think, think again.

There will be MASSIVE social disruption and humanitarian crises. Millions of people now based in various parts of Nigeria that are not their states of origin will be categorised as illegal aliens overnight, uprooted, and forced to return 'home'.

Refugee crises would ensue all over the place. Businesses would be lost. Crime would skyrocket. Localised conflicts over access to land by new immigrants would lead to the rise of warlords, and massive bloodshed.

It would be absolutely catastrophic.

I think those who do not want Nigeria to ''break'' are people with common sense, intelligence and foresight, and those who wish the country to break are thoughtless, ignorant, dumb, visionless fools with no common sense. And ironically, this group will feel the pain of that national splintering more than anyone else, since they are the ones settled in various regions across the country in their millions, and will have their lives and livelihoods completely destroyed in the mayhem.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Successdude(m): 12:02am On Mar 23, 2021
Hashabiah:
People? What people. Because all I see are just online warriors making noise everywhere.

indeed they are online. but when prominents use internet, they no longer could be regarded as just "online warriors". the internet is a global community remember that.

however, my question has been, what could possibly be a reason for making someone fear to live on its own

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 23, 2021
Rossikki:

If Nigeria 'breaks', do you think it will just be a peaceful parting of ways in which nobody's life is disrupted?

There will be MASSIVE social disruption and humanitarian crises. Millions of people now based in various parts of Nigeria that are not their states of origin will be categorised as illegal aliens overnight, uprooted, and forced to return 'home'.

Refugee crises would ensue all over the place. Businesses would be lost. Crime would skyrocket. Localised conflicts over access to land by new immigrants would lead to the rise of warlords, and massive bloodshed.

I think those who do not want Nigeria to ''break'' are people with common sense, intelligence and foresight, and those who wish the country to break are thoughtless, ignorant, dumb, visionless fools with no common sense. And ironically, this group will feel the pain of that national splintering more than anyone else, since they are the ones settled in various regions across the country in their millions, and will have their lives and livelihoods severely disrupted.

With your permission Sir can I post this on my status... what you wrote there is amazing... Totally the way I see things... people will lose their lives, it will take years to build up again... you are totally amazing Sir

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Rossikki: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2021
Doradorwa:
With your permission Sir can I post this on my status... what you wrote there is amazing... Totally the way I see things... people will lose their lives, it will take years to build up again... you are totally amazing Sir

You're most welcome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Successdude(m): 12:13am On Mar 23, 2021
Rossikki:

I think those who do not want Nigeria to ''break'' are people with common sense, intelligence and foresight, and those who wish the country to break are thoughtless, ignorant, dumb, visionless fools with no common sense. And ironically, this group will feel the pain of that national splintering more than anyone else, since they are the ones settled in various regions across the country in their millions, and will have their lives and livelihoods completely disrupted.

This is what I have been waiting for : is it possible to develope without having a "STORY" ?

secondly, mention one nation that is advanced and didn't have to pass through these hurdles.

thirdly, going by the idea of being aliens, business disruption etc as u stated, isn't it clear now that actually the mentality of what "breaking a nation " means is the problem Nigerians have. we see it as something that cannot be diplomatically .... and it gives the question : why such ?

countries have splitted. and out of that gave birth to great nations. how did they do it ? or they were in another planet ?

I don't get it from here.

And I wouldn't want to believe all the reason there is against splitting is about comfort (which actually isn't existing and at most, currently, can be called temporal comfort). Temporal Comfort is no comfort brother man

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Successdude(m): 12:21am On Mar 23, 2021
Doradorwa:

you no take permission also from me wey get d thread...... lol

to the topic, do u think diplomatically, there would be loss of lives ?

and talking about business etc I'd say its not entirely foundation-worthy as the premise for not allowing a better life people believe would be if alone.

Again, hope you haven't forgotten even at our backyard here. Igbos were given penny but now what do you see about them with regards business ?

so that to me, isn't foundation enough.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by alfasexy: 12:23am On Mar 23, 2021
Rossikki:

I think those who do not want Nigeria to ''break'' are people with common sense, intelligence and foresight, and those who wish the country to break are thoughtless, ignorant, dumb, visionless fools with no common sense. And ironically, this group will feel the pain of that national splintering more than anyone else, since they are the ones settled in various regions across the country in their millions, and will have their lives and livelihoods completely destroyed in the mayhem.

So people actually invent their own fear.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Rossikki: 12:28am On Mar 23, 2021
Successdude:

This is what I have been waiting for : is it possible to develope without having a "STORY" ?

secondly, mention one nation that is advanced and didn't have to pass through these hurdles.

thirdly, going by the idea of being aliens, business disruption etc as u stated, isn't it clear now that actually the mentality of what "breaking a nation " means is the problem Nigerians have. we see it as something that cannot be diplomatically .... and it gives the question : why such ?

countries have splitted. and out of that gave birth to great nations. how did they do it ? or they were in another planet ?

I don't get it from here.

And I wouldn't want to believe all the reason there is against splitting is about comfort (which actually isn't existing and at most, currently, can be called temporal comfort). Temporal Comfort is no comfort brother man

The problem with your ''diplomatic breakup'' solution is that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE.

Why? Because the Nigerian economy and socio-cultural environment is so intertwined, integrated, and inter-related today, that any attempts at break up will lead to multiple contentions and disputes, especially over access to resources, and also with regard to the representativeness of those making the diplomatic overtures on behalf of each region/ethnic group/clan etc.

For instance, who will negotiate on behalf of Igbos? Is it IPOB? Or is Ohanaeze? Or the governors? I mean, these groups can barely stand each other.

Same goes for Yorubas. Will it be Afenifere? Or OPC? Or Amotekun? Or the governors? Will they all agree? How?

According to Wikipedia, ''There are some voices among the Yorubas that see Afenifere as a dangerous group... prominent Yoruba Muslim cleric Sheikh Dr. Abu-Abdullah Adelabu described Afenifere as a bunch of tribalists and self-serving ambitious, greedy rivals driven by xenophobia and deep bigotry, and possessed by a delusion of their so-called cultural commonalities.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afenifere

We can find similar internal conflicts in the Igbo and delta region collectives.

For Hausas and Fulanis, who speaks? Arewa congress or whatever they call themselves? How representative are they of all northern views?

So even within the ethnicities there is no consensus, much less between them.

So what diplomacy are you talking about?

We've not even mentioned the minority groups like the Edos, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Kanuris and so on.

Any breakup of Nigeria will be chaotic and catastrophic for all concerned, and will simply multiply our current problems by a factor of 10.

And such mayhem and confusion is perfect ground for killer herdsmen, kidnappers and terrorists.

They just LOVE that kind of situation where nothing is solid on ground.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by waldigit: 2:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Successdude:

What are your thoughts ?
Fear of loosing pot of soup now.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Monogamy: 3:10am On Mar 23, 2021
They are not feared but instead laughing at the gullibility of the secessionists

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by kettykin: 4:00am On Mar 23, 2021
Rossikki:

If this is the case why then is the government and people who don't want break up finding it almost impossible to maintain an egalitarian society where there is equity, Fair play, social justice and peaceful coexistence. Where there will not be 2 laws for those that belong and the 5%, where there will not be marginalization, where terrorist are given red carpet treatment and protester are shot at sight. Look at appointment into the security and oil industry and see for yourself how a country can be run into a ditch

9 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Rossikki: 4:09am On Mar 23, 2021
kettykin:

If this is the case why then is the government and people who don't want break up finding it almost impossible to maintain an egalitarian society where there is equity, Fair play, social justice and peaceful coexistence. Where there will not be 2 laws for those that belong and the 5%, where there will not be marginalization, where terrorist are given red carpet treatment and protester are shot at sight. Look at appointment into the security and oil industry and see for yourself how a country can be run into a ditch

That is why we operate a democracy. If you don't like how the current govt is leading, you vote in another govt in 2 years' time.

Many people behave and talk as if the present situation is permanent and will never change.

Someone needs to remind them that we have elections and peaceful change of govt written into law, plus an unofficial rotation policy ensuring both north and south get to lead the nation.

So if you are unhappy, WAIT for 2023 instead of throwing your hands up and stupidly calling for national break up and disintegration!!!

Trump was in power and caused all sorts of confusion, including deaths, by his racism and so on, but you never saw Americans talking about splitting up the country. They simply organised and voted the guy out of office!

Nigerians must understand that they have a civilian DEMOCRACY in place and nobody is permanently in office including Buhari!

5 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Jimi24: 4:13am On Mar 23, 2021
It is all in the realm of human psychology. Only failures want Nigeria to break up. Any forward looking, ambitious, visionary person has plans for a project, business or new area of discovery that somehow assumes the indivisibility of Nigeria in the future.

A hopeless and lazy person obviously does not.
Such a person wants to go back to Nigeria of 1960, a year where he most likely was not born yet but has heard one sided views about how better things were.
They were not.
1960 eventually led to 1966 and the Civil War. Politicians were still corrupt and there was still poverty.

Some administrative changes may be necessary in Nigeria but mostly the people need to change themselves from selfish clannishness to a more brotherly approach to life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by Rossikki: 4:14am On Mar 23, 2021
Jimi24:
It is all in the realm of human psychology. Only failures want Nigeria to break up. Any forward looking, ambitious, visionary person has plans for a project, business or new area of discovery that somehow assumes the indivisibility of Nigeria in the future.

Such a person wants to go back to Nigeria of 1960, a year where he most likely was not born yet but has heard one sided views about how better things were.
They were not.
1960 eventually led to 1966 and the Civil War. Politicians were still corrupt and there was still poverty.

Some administrative changes may be necessary in Nigeria but mostly the people need to change themselves from selfish clannishness to a more brotherly approach to life

Excellently put.
Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by ENGINEERG(m): 4:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Any of the oppressed, that has the opportunity to eat the crumbs from the table of their oppressor will not want FREEDOM

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by SmartPolician: 4:19am On Mar 23, 2021
Rossikki:

I don't believe this in the slightest.

If the ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria sit on a round table and negotiate how they would run their countries after the split, everyone will be fine. If a confab on how post-Nigeria will run is held, nobody will experience any shocks...it's not like the new countries will have new neighbors. It's just like saying that there will be mayhem after Brexit. This is fallacy taken too far.

The problem with Nigeria is that vested interests among the citizens have made it a taboo to mention the separation of Nigeria. For every system that does not work, some evil people benefit from the dysfunctional system; it's just natural.

FYI, Nigerians have loads of dissimilarities and the country is built on a false foundation. You cannot build something on fallacy and expect the stakeholders to be happy about it, most especially when it's crystal clear that the shithole only favours a few privileged people.

Again, you are very wrong to assume that people who agitate for separation are unintelligent. Nigeria is a ship with no direction. A country that doesn't have a functional refinery from its major revenue earner; a country that cannot generate up to 5kMW of electricity after 60 years of nationhood; a country where there's no fairness and justice; a country where people don't have any sense of patriotism (people just want to get the opportunity and wreck the country); and I can go on and on.

For instance, Chinua Achebe recalled, in his book, that many people worked for Biafra (how the new country would run) without asking for payment. How many Nigerians can sacrifice for a better Nigeria today? If there's no love for one's own country, we are just wasting our time in this joke of a country. Patriotism is critical - something Nigeria lacks.

If Nigeria no dey shame you, bros, e dey shame me. You can only know how terrible your country is when you see a working country elsewhere. Those who fear Nigeria's separation should stop threatening those who are fed up with the failed state. Of course, they always threaten people who seek a working country because they are the bad eggs who benefit from the system's rot.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by butterfly777(m): 4:24am On Mar 23, 2021
Some politicians and business corporations are making money from Nigeria. They are among the enemies of the people, because they think their interest may be jeopardized by Nigeria's break up.

But whether they like it or not, Nigeria is a gonna.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by capitalzero: 4:24am On Mar 23, 2021
No nation develops without human sacrifices.

Leaders often feel situations are under control. Things get out control, war or civil unrest starts and lives are lost.

Nigeria may not divide but may not develop in all ramifications. No unity of purpose.

My fear is that we are postponing day of evil. And unborn generation may have to experience bloody revolution . Nigerians will reach elastic limit and spring will break . When water reaches boiling point it would starts to evaporate.

It is order of nature.
Though UN recognizes principle of self-determination operation of country within a country. Spain and Catalonia, Ethiopia and Tigray, China and Taiwan /Hong kong. Separation is very difficult.

Each state/tribe/region can operate as semi-autonomous region with a weak centre. Yes, political restructuring is needed.

Who will restructure Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by kettykin: 4:29am On Mar 23, 2021
SmartPolician:

I don't believe this in the slightest.

If the ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria sit on a round table and negotiate how they would run their countries after the split, everyone will be fine. If a confab on how post-Nigeria will run is held, nobody will experience any shocks...it's not like the new countries will have new neighbors. It's just like saying that there will be mayhem after Brexit. This is fallacy taken too far.

The problem with Nigeria is that vested interests among the citizens have made it a taboo to mention the separation of Nigeria. For every system that does not work, some evil people benefit from the dysfunctional system; it's just natural.

FYI, Nigerians have loads of dissimilarities and the country is built on a false foundation. You cannot build something on fallacy and expect the stakeholders to be happy about it, most especially when it's crystal clear that the shithole only favours a few privileged people.

Again, you are very wrong to assume that people who agitate for separation are unintelligent. Nigeria is a ship with no direction. A country that doesn't have a functional refinery from its major revenue earner; a country that cannot generate up to 5kMW of electricity after 60 years of nationhood; a country where there's no fairness and justice; a country where people don't have any sense of patriotism (people just want to get the opportunity and wreck the country); and I can go on and on.

For instance, Chinua Achebe recalled, in his book, that many people worked for Biafra (how the new country would run) without asking for payment. How many Nigerians can sacrifice for a better Nigeria today? If there's no love for one's own country, we are just wasting our time in the joke of the country. Patriotism is critical - something Nigeria lacks.

If Nigeria no dey shame you, bros, e dey shame me. You can only know how terrible your country is when you see a working country elsewhere. Those who fear about Nigeria's separation should stop threatening those who are fed up with the failed state. Of course, they always threaten people who seek a working country because they are the bad eggs who benefit from the system rot.

Thank you for this post. The Soviet Union broke up peacefully without name calling and war, hindustan broke up peacefully and the components are very happy with each other. Ethiopia and Eritrea are now separate countries with out issues, Singapore and Malaysia separated peacefully and are both doing great. Why is Nigeria having night mares about separation yet not able to guarantee an egalitarian society and some folks who knows how flawed the elections are are telling me to wait until 2023 to vote out a government that rigs election with impunity. The problem of Nigeria is far from starting.

10 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by capitalzero: 4:32am On Mar 23, 2021
Jimi24:

They were not.

Nobody see himself as Nigerian in real perspective.
Most Nigerians are either ttribesmen or idiots . Few are citizens . What is national identity? Tribe? Language?
Religion ? Even Hutu and Tutsi who speak the same llanguage, practice the same religion and have the same look fought a brutal war because of socioeconomic discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by justtoodark: 5:08am On Mar 23, 2021
Successdude:

What are your thoughts ?

because many of us know what it would mean for africa....

breakin up a nation of 200million people....??

do you even understand what type of chaos that would be....??

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by kettykin: 5:16am On Mar 23, 2021
justtoodark:

because many of us know what it would mean for africa....

breakin up a nation of 200million people....??

do you even understand what type of chaos that would be....??

This is another unfounded disgusting lies from the pit of hell fire, if Nigeria doesn't know how to break up easily, they should speak up and the world will help them. They can request and some volunteers will help them draw up a road map for a peaceful dissolution of the Union without any charges and blood shed.

It seems some people just want Nigeria to keep existing on false assumptions and lies.
. I am not a fan of breakup but anyone who believes breakup of Nigeria is an impossible mission is a liar and a purveyor of false hood

11 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by justtoodark: 5:49am On Mar 23, 2021
kettykin:

This is another unfounded disgusting lies from the pit of hell fire, if Nigeria doesn't know how to break up easily, they should speak up and the world will help them. They can request and some volunteers will help them draw up a road map for a peaceful dissolution of the Union without any charges and blood shed.

It seems some people just want Nigeria to keep existing on false assumptions and lies.
. I am not a fan of breakup but anyone who believes breakup of Nigeria is an impossible mission is a liar and a purveyor of false hood

world is not gonna help you nada....then what....??
take up soo many nigerian refugees....??

nigeria is not breakin up without a war....
anybody that tries it will have to confront the nigerian army....

and when una push too much,then kiss your silly democracy good bye....

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Mention Of Nigeria Breaking Literally FEAR Some Set Of People by justtoodark: 5:51am On Mar 23, 2021
use your votes and stop messin around with stvpidity....

nonesense....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamawa: Appeal Court Re-affirms PDP's Ahmadu Fintiri As Governor / Chris Uba Dumps Pdp / Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.