Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN (46546 Views)

Traffic In Abuja As Army Mounts Overnight Checkpoints Ahead Of PEPT / Ikonso: Nnamdi Kanu And The End Of ESN / Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Makemefit12op(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2021
Military Storms Onitsha, Creates Many Roadblocks In Search Of ESN, Rampaging Gunmen

There is a heavy military presence currently in some parts of Onitsha, Anambra State as troops of the Nigerian military have been deployed to arrest Eastern Security Network operatives who have been alleged to be the rampaging gunmen wreaking havoc in the state.

SaharaReporters learnt that the military personnel were sighted on Monday evening on Atani Road, Upper Iweka in Onitsha, and on Onitsha-Owerri Road – with roadblocks for possible stop-and-search.

Only last week, rampaging gunmen attacked some police stations in the state, killing policemen and carting away heavy arms and ammunition from police stations.

The gunmen killed policemen in Neni, Anaocha Local Government Area at a checkpoint, while three weeks ago, they killed about four policemen in Nkpologwu in Aguata.

The military was not spared also as the gunmen killed soldiers at an outpost in Awkuzu, Oyi Local Government Area in Anambra.

“There is a heavy military presence in Onitsha. Some roads have been blocked and areas cordoned off by the troops. It is obvious they are looking for ESN and other militias. The military is enraged over the continuous killings by gunmen in Anambra.

“There is no movement around Enamel Junction, and also on Onitsha-Owerri yesterday evening as the soldiers blocked everywhere. The shooting was much,” a source said.

“I also got information from my driver that Atani and Obodo Ukwu roads were affected,” another resident narrated.

“The ESN militias are alleged to be behind the attacks on army and navy units in Awkuzu and Onitsha. The military even lost some of their weapons during the attacks. The troops deployed are looking for ESN and Indigenous People of Biafra members,” another source stated.

SaharaReporters had on Monday reported that some yet-to-be-identified gunmen shot dead a Nigerian Navy personnel, Faruk Yusuf, who was deployed to Onitsha.

The killing came one week to the wedding ceremony of Faruk, who hailed from the Unguwan Sarki area of the Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.

SaharaReporters stated that the police had launched a manhunt for the killers, as Anambra State had recently become notorious for killing uniformed personnel such as the police and the military, allegedly by ethnic militias.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/03/23/exclusive-military-storms-onitsha-creates-many-roadblocks-search-esn-rampaging-gunmen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Makemefit12op(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
The cowardice Fulani army are looking for an unknown gunmen and ESN by creating a roadblock.

This army is a joke.

458 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by InvestinOwerri(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lol, you mean they're doing stop and search hoping to find the "unknown gunmen"? Like the "unknown gunmen" will carry their guns and sit inside vehicles waiting to be apprehended shocked shocked

SMH!!

447 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Crimrburster: 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
Them go block tire. Meanwhile, Thunder fire Nigeria Army.

306 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by edochie12: 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2021
Exactly,we are life and direct here in onitsha.

6 Likes

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Nwaotu10(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
They've finally pushed some youths to guerilla warfare!
Let it begin grin grin

195 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Armaggedon: 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
I doubt the Army has sufficient training and men to fight in multiple frontiers, much more gorilla warfare. Already the army couldn't muster enough confidence to punish those who absconded from boko haram fight and quickly reabsorbed them.

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Mayng01(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Nigeria army with their dumb military intelligence

202 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by UsmanFodio: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
InvestinOwerri:
Lol, you mean they're doing stop and search hoping to find the "unknown gunmen"? Like the "unknown gunmen" will carry their guns and sit inside vehicles waiting to be apprehended shocked shocked

SMH!!
I tire for my fellow Fulani brothers in Military. Sense we no go just use. How will a reasonable someone be doing such instead of combing the bushes.

Infact, i feel like disowning my Fulani Dad

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by VictorUSA(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
MTCHEW!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by amazingspiderma: 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
Revenge mission for Faruk.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Fahdiga(m): 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
Waste of time

23 Likes

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by OyigboUpdate: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
Good action. Flush all IPOB miscreant bandit with their hunchback leader

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by OyigboUpdate: 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
Crimrburster:
Them go block tire. Meanwhile, Thunder fire Nigeria Army.

Now them don come make una come now. Or will u live the innocent to suffer and later cry that they are killing us

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by OyigboUpdate: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
UsmanFodio:

Well, people like you with Bulgy eyes don't always have something reasonable to say when important matters are discussed

And people like u to. Ipob terrorist sympathizer

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Premiumwriter: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
Don't buy anything online without securing your money.

That risk is not worth taking.

Start an escrow service with any seller before you make any payments.

Read more about escrow service and reviews from previous clients on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/6470028/write-read-reviews-premium-escrow

1 Like

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Ofodirinwa: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
despite Kanu devotion and support for Sowore, he's still writing against IPOB and being tribal. Which one is 'rampaging gunmen' lol

11 Likes

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by OyigboUpdate: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
UsmanFodio:

Well, people like you with Bulgy eyes don't always have something reasonable to say when important matters are discussed

My bele o. U don use laugh kill me grin

11 Likes

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by justtoodark: 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
Armaggedon:
I doubt the Army has sufficient training and men to fight in multiple frontiers, much more gorilla warfare. Already the army couldn't muster enough confidence to punish those who absconded from boko haram fight and quickly reabsorbed them.

boko haram tut the same too....

i find it funny.... cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by franchasng: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
I said it
Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by tit(f): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
The unknown gunmen are Fulanis Army soldiers led by Sgt. Rogers.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by molotough(m): 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
Nigeria is not ending....it has long crashed.

UsmanFodio:
I tire for my fellow Fulani brothers in Military. Sense we no go just use. How will a reasonable someone be doing such instead of combing the bushes.

Infact, i feel like disowning my Fulani Dad
Usman Dan Fodio is landless fulani arab jihadist who killed and raped and maimed and murdered and enslaved and terrorised and sacked millions of kingdoms and lives in the northern area of what is now Neejeryia, he committed all those atrocities in the name of the second most violent cult movement in the world which many still delude themselves to be as religion, do you agree your great grandfather is an alien jihadist terrorist who operated the largest black slave economy in the subject of arab slavery of negroid africans.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by Veqtor: 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
UsmanFodio:

Oh...daz his picture? See his nose like d gateway to hell. Bmc clown.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by UsmanFodio: 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
molotough:
Nigeria is not ending....it has long crashed.

Usman Dan Fodio is landless fulani arab jihadist who killed and raped and maimed and murdered and enslaved and terrorised and sacked millions of kingdoms and lives in the northern area of what is now Neejeryia, he committed all those atrocities in the name of the second most violent cult movement in the world which many still delude themselves to be as religion, do you agree your great grandfather is an alien jihadist terrorist who operated the largest black slave economy in the subject of arab slavery of negroid africans.

Don't mind us. In the next 50 years from now, my northern brothers will be singing praise to Shekua for fighting for Allah because, he is our true Hero.

Thanks to Herdsmen because they have increased our territory to Ogun State.

May Allah be praised

11 Likes

Re: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN by naijapips04: 4:21am On Mar 24, 2021
Makemefit12op:
The cowardice Fulani army are looking for an unknown gunmen and ESN by creating a roadblock.

This army is a joke.

Why don't you sit back and allow military intelligence work. So you really think that you are unknown? The unknown is about to be revealed.

15 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Shuts Down Caverton Helicopters For Violation Of Movement Restrictions / If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / 2023 & Tinubu’s 12th Colloquium: Is Ganduje Passing A Message? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.