Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? (15379 Views)

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / What Inspired Your Moniker? / How Did The Yoruba Slang " Danny Olora " Come About ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by DrObum(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2021
rita25:
my name is rita and that year i was 25 so hence rita 25 kiss
You're 36 now.
Doing well
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
I deal in icumsa sugar that's why
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Sijo01(f): 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
My initials.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Gt321(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2021
Penguin2:
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?
Gcpd
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Agbebakun22: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2021
Agbebakun is derived from my name Aigbe meaning can't kill God child, Agbebakun means they can't kill it no matter what they do

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by masterP042(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Sektor8:

We dey here
Confirm. Nwanne
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by cRAFTsVEN: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
I am a great craftsman in the making!... just not quite there yet, but I shall not relent

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Thunday1005(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2021
Got the name 2go then the numbers from a music

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
ceragon123:
While working as a field maintenance Engineer for Huawei under Airtel/9mobile in the Northern Nigeria in 2016, I faced a tough call on a Sunday afternoon to bring up a back bone site hubing over 56sites. I thought it was normal RTN login but this time around am to log into a ceragon radio that I have tried severally unsuccessfully to connect to due to lack of tools. Back Office / Front office did not specify the main issue before I took off.

ZTO, RTO, SDM and everybody was shouting at me, threatening sack. People in this Field knows the chain slavery involved. It will take me dangerous 3hrs to get back to town to get the required adapters and cables needed.

They needed me to log in and pull reports. I disobeyed them and did a hard reset while saying "ceragon pls".

To my surprise, the visible alarm cleared, the site came up and the subs were restored. My colleagues didn't believe this miracle. Since then, ceragon became a thing for me. I nearly named my second child ceragon. 123 metaphorises the natural order of things.

I still thank God for the guts I had to quit the job even with a pay of 365k of salary and unending/unjustifiable logistics. I became a pariah after quitting the job but today am grateful that I can feed my children while having time to see my children.

Job is good. Business is better. Peace of mind is best!

I can relate, Boss. Unlike the Metro, the pressure that comes with Backbone no be here oo. The Back-up office wouldn't just allow one to breathe. They also feel uneasy though. One can't meet up with MTTR always,,, especially when POF is not in sight. I'm happy for you ooo

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by victorix(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
Wiji90:
Lol
Not applicable to us spammers
We randomly generate

I have had more than 1000 monikers including
BanMeAndRunMad
Modsaremad
Lala6ticlala
Banmefast1
Mynd44isJobless

We no kee person na Business we wan promote

Did you you a script to generate those 1000 monikers automatically, or you just registered it manually? And I see that you just created this one also. What business will require you to create such amount of monikers?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by fergusen: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2021
Inspired by the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson cool

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ojotobiloba1: 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2021
ojotobiloba1

Simply my name

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by IgboWarlord(m): 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2021
Have no idea..Can it be changed,please?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by phemiee1810(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2021
I coined my name and the dates of my parents death �

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Moneywirer: 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2021
masterP042:
My first initial and the state code where I reside..
Umu 042 anam ekene cool

System man is that you??
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ajebuter(f): 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2021
Depends..

Me: Ajebuter

My alter-ego : Ajepako..

Nothing spoil.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by surebona(m): 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
From my name Bonaventure

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by kzubyar(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2021
Penguin2:
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
I've always cherished the idea of largely remaining anonymous or better put nameless while pulling out the strings. Long story short, the moniker is Nameless Mister....

Sadly, I'm nameless but na hustle wan dey make me show face once in a while...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by LoydJ(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
DrObum:

No vex ooooo, why they go call person Jeremiah?

Your people na SU abi CAC?
Am from a Christian home bro
Nd na my Popceee gimme the name

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by makeherscream(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
I always make them scream

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by OneKinGuy(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
I no dey normal sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Olaniyiyah Olaniyi is my name yah stand for continuous hallelujah hallelujah

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by OneKinGuy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2021
Mindlog:
My work in the mental health field. cheesy
Cool name cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by OneKinGuy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
Viking007:
From the TV series called Vikings. I'm a big fan.
Björn IronSidem cool
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
I needed a new account but didn't know what name to use and I began Looking around the sitting room... suddenly power got restored and the loud sound of the OX industrial fan made me rush to go reduce it and that was when it hit me...... Industrialfan....

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by samsard(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

... very easy to spot a Simp! SMH
You people have problems. I wonder if you come from dysfunctional homes where your mother is oppressed instead of loved.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by grandlexuz(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
I just wanted to call myself Sly because I’m smooth like that but it was taken. I tried ‘Sly fox’ taken too I tried ‘sly foxx’ Taken as well till I tried Slyfoxxjoe and it was available.

I don’t even know what the hell slyfoxxjoe means.

It means sly fox Joe.. cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Mindlog: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
OneKinGuy:

Cool name cool

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Gandollaar(f): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2021
ebony2011:
My favourite category.
You said Latina the other day.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Kebbiprince: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2021
adadike:
Ada is daughter in Igboland and dike means the strong and I come from a family of strong and determined people. We don't plan evil or harm anyone and if you plan evil for me, it backfires immediately
Yes oo my amiable love

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. / NERC Aptitude Test Applicants-2022 / My Biggest Lessons Of 2019 So Far...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.