Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? (32467 Views)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Godszilla: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2021
OK wearing of ring isn't real a symbol of love but to identify u in a civil society your status.

I don't bliv in wearing of ring,neva in d bible,God neva gave Adam n eve but recent event made me understand y.

I had dis lady dat was interested,she started droppin me off from my bus stop to office daily,knew she need a man but alwz felt bad cos she chose d wrng guy n it was my fault as I dnt wear ring.it wasn't a gud experience 4 me. Thankful coro lockdwn helped me out.she's married now,knew she was searching fr a hubby n she seems d church type.

I stil dnt wear n neva will,I also dnt care if Mrs doesnt wear but undrstand y some wear n it's not a bad idea r cultUre

jaelz:
So I was hosting an uncle of mine and we were discussing about why he wasn't wearing his ring, to my utmost surprise he said he wears his ring any day his wife wears hers. I was shocked though but my mind drifted back to me so many of my friends and relations who also do not wear their rings again even despite being married.

Back in the days I know you only take off your ring when you want to flirt abi play away matches, but these days it's almost as if they take off their wedding rings immediately after those church weddings.

So my question is why?
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by nneh1(f): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Truth is wearing a ring has never been our thing in Africa..

All the time we justify what doesnt suit us in the name of africa/Nigeria. This is 2021 not 1800

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by mywells: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
The weight of wedding cannot be estimated with the cement bag,thats why u find it difficult to put it on.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by BRATISLAVA: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
wetin you call am wedding ring.....it does not stop and preserve fidelity or insincerity in marriage. I have seen men putting on there rings and still go after single ladies and even sleep with them....
what you should be asking is: was the ring a commandment from God in joining couples of old?

That's not the point. The question is why some married people don't wear their wedding rings.

Answers range from weight gain(quite common), to trying to be different, to removing it so often they see no point wearing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by BRATISLAVA: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
Realdeals:
Mine didn't last one week after wedding, I remove it because I'm not used to it.

The most genuine reason. It gets uncomfortable especially when you take it off and decide to put it back on later. That and weight gain.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by maureensylvia(f): 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
It's just a piece of jewelry.
I stopped wearing mine 3years ago
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Realhommie(m): 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyumez:
Which religious books makes it mandatory for couples to wear it??
None exactly... Just one of those man made traditions that we have now attached too much relevance to. People cheat even with their rings on so what difference does it make really?

Like a poster stated earlier, the heart knows where it belongs. Every other thing na cosmetics, lol.

Some churches don't even wed couples using a ring because it's not biblical. But this woke generation especially women would have none of that because to them the ring is everything. How do i know this? Watch them flaunt and pose with it once they get married, it's become a symbol of status.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Alaganature(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
They don't wear it because the ring is not an expensive ring..lol
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by deeva2: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Bornsinner7:

CORRECT GUY
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by BigBizzy(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
I for example, I don't wear my wedding ring at all. My wife does.

Reason why I don't its cos of the nature of my job...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by deeva2: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
[quote author=Alaganature post=100418384]They don't wear it because the ring is not an expensive ring..lol[/quot

YOU BAD GAN OO smiley
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by sweetkev(m): 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
IYANGBALI:
I stopped wearing my wedding ring since it mistakenly fell inside a girl’s pussssssy during pre-intimacy
werey grin
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
jaelz:
So I was hosting an uncle of mine and we were discussing about why he wasn't wearing his ring, to my utmost surprise he said he wears his ring any day his wife wears hers. I was shocked though but my mind drifted back to me so many of my friends and relations who also do not wear their rings again even despite being married.

Back in the days I know you only take off your ring when you want to flirt abi play away matches, but these days it's almost as if they take off their wedding rings immediately after those church weddings.

So my question is why?

...ring or no ring, married or single, a Flirt/Cheat will always be a Flirt/Cheat. A ring, vow or promise made to the other spouse changes nothing if the spouse in question decides not to change. People make sweet love with other people/friends/colleagues with their ring on. Same way you'd find a spouse faithful without putting on any ring even though they are married.
Most often you hear people say "once i get married i'll change". Marriage changes nobody/nothing asides marital status on paper. We're who we are. Know that and know peace. Expectations hurts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Ayo2004: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
Una still dey spend money on top ring
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Common with the men dem.

Most women wear their rings regularly.

But I will advise married people (M+F) to wear their wedding rings as dearly.

It's not about anything but a sign that you're a married man or woman and unavailable for any bullshiit anymore.
This would also accord you some respect from people.

Seeing a man or woman as married attracts respect.

I'd still advise married women to wear their rings religiously.

Me wey be say the first part I look on a woman is her finger. That's where my eyes go straight before evaluating her fefenefe.

Stay blessed, y'all.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by samdaisi: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
What special about wedding rings does it arrests our conscience not to cheat or what? its a matter of choice but its not a parameters to measure faithfulness in marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by fxdee(m): 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
Bornsinner7:

... I always feel uncomfortable wearing it.. I don't like anything jewelry at all. Besides, what is even its importance in marriage?.. Millions of ring cannot stop any spouse from cheating.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by RALPHOW(m): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
Some lost theirs and the price tag on original gold ring is killing.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by femi4: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
jaelz:

So my question is why?
It's the heart that matters. Not everybody like accessories/add ons.

Besides, you can't be replacing it everytime you misplaced it
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by osinawanta(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Can't remember the last time I took my off since 8years now

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Roon9(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
sinaj:
Some persons with sensitive skin react to metal.

Lols! I'm sure a man said that.
A friend of mine told me his reacts to his skin.
What a load of baloney
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by cutedharmee: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
Nothing "ll make me remove ma wedding ring from ma hand...thats why I prefer to buy gold.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Waga02: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
Wedding ring is not a guarantee to remain faithful to your partner. I remembered I don't use my own up to 6 months. and in the 9years of my marriage I have not seen another woman. Marriage is a thing of mind. Just decide and make up your mind that in riches and poor that your marriage will work.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Praxis758: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
Richy4:
Some, It depends on their career paths.. A lot of couple may have lost their wedding rings due to the nature of their jobs.... There are some production factories that does not permit any kind of bands to avoid mistakes example some food factories.. finding a ring in a cocacola bottle, bottle of beer, sardine cans etc by mistake kills a company's reputation ... the constant putting it on and removing during shift could be annoying... so I guess that's one angle to look at it...besides, marriage is a thing of the heart...there are also the super religious ones that doesn't use wedding band as symbol of union. they use the bible.

Your last statement crowns it all. Wedding ring is unscriptural, as it originated the ancient Middle East idolatry.

It's funny when some Christians make reference to Isaac's search for wife. It was WRIST BRACELET AND NOSE RING that was given to the woman and not finger ring. Gen. 24 : 22

Wedding ring does not symbolise 'deep-rooted-love-at-heart' as the ring can be removed nano-seconds. Joining couples together with the Bible is the only sure way (this too neither guarantee total committment nor rule out infidelity, but it symbolise the WRITTEN WORD that settles in heaven.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Fxwarrior: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
sinaj:
Long time babe smiley

Sinaj, how are you doing? I really missed your presence. Hope you're good.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Praxis758: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyumez:
Which religious books makes it mandatory for couples to wear it??

I can authoritatively say the Bible does not have any written account of wedding ring. Though some folks ignorantly make reference to Isaac and Rebecca.

The account recorded was not 'wedding ring' but 'nose ring and wrist bracelet' which was deep-rooted in idol worshipping in the ancient Middle East.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Freddd009: 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
Fahdiga:
For more nackings outside marriage

This is not true. Most don't wear it because of heat n it puts lines on their finger. It irritates them
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Greystone: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
The marriage don tire them grin

Simple truth
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Samcent: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
I don't wear mine.

Reason: No felt need.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kondomatic:
And you think ring stops them? Ladies are actually okay with dating men that live with their wives, they only have issues with those that live with their mothers.

@OP most married people wear their rings.

Exactly. And for some people, the finger is now fatter than the wedding ring……
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by anataala: 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Weeding ring is tradition not religious obligation. Faithfulness is more important that the ring.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Sunsets: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
No noise please, wear if you want and don't wear if you don't want.
Smile4mee01:

Hmnn... I think the question should be When did the wearing of a ring symbolize a sign of love? Who sold this to us as being the right thing to do?
Adam and Eve had no ring, I can't remember if it's anywhere in the Bible, Quran, or even traditional religion? Let's wake up guys, we need to start questioning somethings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: Missing Girl, Ifeoma Obonna Found Safely / What's Happening To Our Men? / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.