Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire (90877 Views)

McDonald's Under Fire In South Africa For Feeding Israeli Soldiers (PICS) / Kenyan Senator, Nyamu Karen, Kicked Out Of The Chambers For Indecent Dressing / Condester Sichwale Thrown Out Of Tanzanian Parliament For Wearing Tight Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by IronGalaxy: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:
Nothing wrong if no laws are broken and wth is indecent African attire? The mall should be sued for violation
exactly

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by TMKsouth: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2021
selemempe:
it harms some people else. He caused public nuisance

If you're offended by someone's constitutionally protected right then you have no leg to stand on. Rather approach the courts and object there first instead of opening your own kangaroo court on the spot, hence breaking the law.

5 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by FreeSpirited: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2021
Righteousness2:
Oga ask yourself!
If a lady had dressed this Manner, what would you have called her?
All things are Expedient but not all things are Needful!

No Matter what u claim you represent, if the above photo is what he wore , then he is naked and it's disgusting.
You are a filthy rat.
An Eurocentric Big fool for this statement. Africa is indeed lost. Europe mores and definition aren't the ideal of morality and decency. We have our own ideal, conscience and values..which obviously you have lost. You are indeed lost. Very disgusting and uneducated comment

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by selemempe: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

If you're offended by someone's constitutionally protected right then you have no leg to stand on. Rather approach the courts and object there first instead of opening your own kangaroo court on the spot, hence breaking the law.
I'm not from SA but I know that public nudity and public nuisance are both against the law in most countries today

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by 9jaRealist: 10:39am On Mar 27, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The general behavior of Nigerians in South Africa also pisses the locals off too.

You also can't love a place and hate the people, it's not possible.

Of course it’s possible...
Economic refugees do it all the time.
>
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by selemempe: 10:39am On Mar 27, 2021
FreeSpirited:

You are a filthy rat.
An Eurocentric Big fool for this statement. Africa is indeed lost. Europe mores and definition aren't the ideal of morality and decency. We have our own ideal, conscience and values..which obviously you have lost. You are indeed lost. Very disgusting and uneducated comment
you guys are just funny. There was a time most people in the world were mostly naked including Europeans. Culture change! Africa has refused to change because of people like you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by kuuljay(m): 10:40am On Mar 27, 2021
I bet the asshoile and his complexed arss lickers on nairaland wouldn't see this man bellow as indecently dressed

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by lastempero: 10:41am On Mar 27, 2021
If he dresses like that, he should be at the forest n not the mall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by karkel(m): 10:41am On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:
My problem with him is that he refuses change....

His forefathers have reasons for dressing like that then, such reasons no longer apply

Culture has never been static
What about your tongue is static
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by lastempero: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2021
kuuljay:
I bet the asshoile and his complexed arss lickers on nairaland wouldn't see this man bellow as indecently dressed

Inside a wrestling ring and not a mall.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by IronGalaxy: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2021
[quote author=selemempe post=100246552] do you think it was only our forefathers that wore esoteric attires? This was the way forefathers of the current Europe dressed. Do you see any European dressing like that recently? Why has some Africans refused to move past the 18th century?

Do you see Chinese people dressing in their 'cultural' attires today[/quote] Actually, yes. Chinese and Indians do wear their traditional attire to this day . Indian South Africans do wear their Saris even to the boardrooms.

Anyway, what Europeans choose to do in Europe must not be a barometer for us Africans

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by 9jaRealist: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:
Nothing wrong if no laws are broken and wth is indecent African attire? The mall should be sued for violation

A mall is still private property (and without necessarily taking a legal position as I’m unfamiliar with SA laws)...
If you show up at a nice restaurant without a shirt or wearing only underwear, do you think they can exclude you?

TMKsouth:

It’s actually the person claiming violation of his constitutional rights who should approach the courts..
>

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by Chirowman(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2021
Are they fighting inside mall that he will put on warriors wears .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by IronGalaxy: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2021
9jaRealist:

Of course it’s possible...
Economic refugees do it all the time.
>
Let's agree the man I qouted is an economic refugee then grin grin because I can never take a vacation to China while have a strong dislike for the Chinese

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by IronGalaxy: 10:46am On Mar 27, 2021
kuuljay:
Lol, exactly.
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by FreeSpirited: 10:47am On Mar 27, 2021
selemempe:
you guys are just funny. There was a time most people in the world were mostly naked including Europeans. Culture change! Africa has refused to change because of people like you
You know nothing about culture. I won't engage you. You are obviously as foolish as the first comment.....I'ts a shame and you all are just a product of woeful education. If at all you have an iota of African pride or cultural awareness, which is a symbol of identity, you should ask why the management of the Shop had to apologize. You guys are disgusting! senseless, Knows nothing about your father land or legacy...African bastards ni gbogbo yi

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by wink2015(m): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2021
SOUTHY PEOPLE !
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Trust a Nigerian to call African attire "barbaric".. with your whitewashed mentality, I was waiting for this.

Lol m oron. Don't you see how horrible that attire looks. Can you compare that to how royal Nigerian attires are, like the Igbo traditional attire or the yoruba agbada or the hausa danshiki(whatever it is called) or the calabari attire. Mumu, if you are to dress in your native attire, make it very beautiful and clean.

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by TMKsouth: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2021
buymyride:
i love south Africa a lot, it’s just the people’s behaviour that pisses me off. Aside that, SA would have been the best place in the world for me. Been there once in 2020, I plan on visiting again sometime this year too. Beautiful place to be

I love that you like SA, thank u! cool

Its true that the environment has become hostile to other Africans, especially Nigerians. I blame it on our immigration system for allowing criminals to come in. As a result most foreigners are viewed with suspicion. As a response, you guys also adopt an attitude against us so that worsens matters.

My advise to you is that you approach us with a good attitude and most of the time it will be reciprocated. If you don't, you're reinforcing the stereotype of an arrogant Nigerian, unfortunately.
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by 9jaRealist: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2021
kuuljay:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13316972_a7d9a0951ca076147beaa96f09240cb8_jpeg2fe6466ad795576a6526c1d1d2c90927

Time and place for everything...

He’s APPROPRIATELY dressed for the ring (or perhaps even a Halloween party)...
If he showed up at the local mosque or church wearing that, would be a different story. cheesy
>

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by Athemisia: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:

His forefathers have reasons for dressing like that then, such reasons no longer apply

Shut up all you slaves of the white man...

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by selemempe: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Actually, yes. Chinese and Indians do wear their traditional attire to this day . Indian South Africans do wear their Saris even to the boardrooms.

Anyway, what Europeans choose to do in Europe must not be a barometer for us Africans
this is a picture of the Chinese general assembly. Do you see how they dressed?

Compare it to how their ancestors dressed. I purposely didn't mention India because India just like Africa is refusing modernization.

We are already a unique people by the virtue of our skin colour and hair texture...why do we want to further alienate ourselves from the rest of the world by dressing like bushmen because our unexposed ancestors dressed like that? There is nothing rich about the 'culture' this man wants to promote. If he truly wants to live in the past, let him give up his car and phone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 27, 2021
9jaRealist:

A mall is still private property (and without necessarily taking a legal position as I’m unfamiliar with SA laws)...
If you show up at a nice restaurant without a shirt or wearing only underwear, do you think they can exclude you?
There's no comparison. That man was fully clothed from the neck down. The mall owner obviously isn't comfortable with it doesn't mean the customer did anything wrong. Why show up in a restaurant with just underwear when I'm not mentally unbalanced? Its not a pool or beach so why? Your argument is baseless. Go to Benin city and open a mall make real titled chief enter with him regalia. Then try fade am. I assure u that mall will never function anymore anywhere near the state.. That man did nothing wrong... Period.
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by Cassyboy2: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2021
motymop:
But, this is ridiculous.

Can he dress like that to a job interview or a business meeting where he suppose to sign a deal of 200 milion rand.

A classic case of attention seeking.

Nowadays, even mad people cover up.

Our problem is that we love copying the whites in everything.
Ask yourself, what has the whites copied from us? We copied English and dropped our local languages, we copied white wedding and some are dropping our traditional marriage, we copied clothing and wearing native dresses seems inappropriate dressing. But we never copied development of their places rather we copied corruption. They brought religion but we copied the bad religion (where our pastors are driving private jets but members are hungry.

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by tiredoflife(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2021
motymop:
But, this is ridiculous.

Can he dress like that to a job interview or a business meeting where he suppose to sign a deal of 200 milion rand.

A classic case of attention seeking.

Nowadays, even mad people cover up.

What if he is the one giving the 200million rand deal

Will it be ok he dressed like that since the other party is the one who needs his money cool
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by selemempe: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2021
Athemisia:

Shut up all you slaves of the white man...
you are the one who needs to stfu and get with the program. Japanese and Chinese people used to dress like barbarians until they made a law in their country to become more western. Can you compare them with any country in Africa Today. You babalawo dressing apes have kept dragging the black race back to were it prayed itself out of. Thunder really needs to fire the people praising this man..pissing me off undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by 9jaRealist: 10:58am On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:
There's no comparison. That man was fully clothed from the neck down. The mall owner obviously isn't comfortable with it doesn't mean the customer did anything wrong. Why show up in a restaurant with just underwear when I'm not mentally unbalanced? Its not a pool or beach so why? Your argument is baseless. Go to Benin city and open a mall make real titled chief enter with him regalia. Then try fade am. I assure u that mall will never function anymore anywhere near the state.. That man did nothing wrong... Period.

Sorry dude, but I do not share your PERSONAL OPINION that this dude is “fully clothed from the neck down.” shocked cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13316791_13313374screenshot202103261430072jpeg1170cc15b650e493f402c4bba686899f_jpeg_jpeg89bdf47c4028cde74c333a865a421832
>
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by karkel(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2021
That's why Africa is in total darkness until when its woken... . The great china and other Asia tigers never throw away their culture, tradition and tongues. Growth and development goes with ones cultures and tradition. Case study after USA gained independent from the great britain. United states'of america discarded the condrium the british left for them.....their tongues never change. I.e america English vs british english. Americas knew that the way to greatness is when they decided to stick to their tradition, culture and tongues that why america is what they are today.... Africa is the foot of the world they never learn
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by TMKsouth: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2021
selemempe:
I'm not from SA but I know that public nudity and public nuisance are both against the law in most countries today

Unless if one is practicing a lawful cultural practice. In SA, there's still a debate about animal slaughter in public for example. So, a fine balancing act should be applied especially because we live in an African context that is overpowered by Western influences.

So it's not straightforward, but I thank you for your input.

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by selemempe: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2021
Cassyboy2:

Our problem is that we love copying the whites in everything.
Ask yourself, what has the whites copied from us? We copied English and dropped our local languages, we copied white wedding and some are dropping our traditional marriage, we copied clothing and wearing native dresses seems inappropriate dressing. But we never copied development of their places rather we copied corruption. They brought religion but we copied the bad religion (where our pastors are driving private jets but members are hungry.
Dressing like a 21st century human being is also copying whites? Which owomi school in heebadan are you guys even attending undecided
What did the whites copy from Chinese? Compare that to the Chinese who copied everything from the whites and are today highly advanced and threats to the whites. You abokìs, owomis and okoros have refused the black man every chance of being competitive because you feel that unlearning is a negative trait.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2021
9jaRealist:

Sorry dude, but I do not share your PERSONAL OPINION that this dude is “fully clothed from the neck down.” shocked cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13316791_13313374screenshot202103261430072jpeg1170cc15b650e493f402c4bba686899f_jpeg_jpeg89bdf47c4028cde74c333a865a421832
>
Watch the video ur data nor go finish undecided
Re: Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire by GeneralPula: 11:02am On Mar 27, 2021
[s]
illicit:

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Khalil Haqqani: Wanted Al Qaeda Terrorist With $5m Bounty Reappears In Kabul / Obama's Home After White House / Trump Salutes Soldiers Who Rescued An American Kidnapped In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.