Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (46921 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by mecussey(m): 6:29am On Mar 28, 2021
Hassanmaye:

How did he do it did you give him your bank details

No, I was supposed to pay for btc that never existed when CBN banned formal way of buying crypto. So I sent the money, he blocked me. Useless excrow telegram groups.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by divineappo(m): 6:59am On Mar 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.
pls how old are u, and where are u based

Sometimes, environment has a way of reducing someone's IQ level

Which village are u based ?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Dradetosinije: 7:04am On Mar 28, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Cake
I thought cake baking was a lucrative business. Even thought of taking a course on it..

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by lekki1444: 7:24am On Mar 28, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Haha grin grin grin Oga wire P man something na cheesy Make I drop account
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Hassanmaye(m): 7:49am On Mar 28, 2021
Dradetosinije:

I thought cake baking was a lucrative business. Even thought of taking a course on it..
Is lucrative but doesn't need much capital just like hair plainting
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:31am On Mar 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Even if you were chatting with their staff, OTP Code is for your eyes only. Even the ceo of that bank has no right to see it.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:34am On Mar 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God.
God sees and knows everything. He saw the scammer emptying your account. What's the point reporting again?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by DollarBuddy: 8:48am On Mar 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God.

Maybe the guy used Yahoo plus on you... sorry for the loss dear.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by azpekuliar: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2021
Hassanmaye:

You are a wicked boy grin grin grin

We must make law enforcement and the entire criminal justice system alive to their responsibilities in this country.
I don’t believe in victims just sitting down somewhere sulking and laying curses.

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by error4040: 11:38am On Mar 28, 2021
Thelucifer666:

Here
If you don't withdraw the money from here within the next 1 hr then you're a foolish animal
Let me see how you'll do it without OTP

Wait grin grin grin
No be uncut bag be be that ?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by aktolly54(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hassanmaye:

But even if you tell the whole digits can your account be wiped
yes if he also disclose some sensitive information as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Firstnebo: 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I am sorry my dear. Sometimes these things happen to us even when we have been very careful in the past.

Thank God for this, and take it as a big lesson in your business life. If it doesn't brake you, it makes you stronger

(Speaking from recent and CURRENT experience)

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Firstnebo:

I am sorry my dear. Sometimes these things happen to us even when we have been very careful in the past.

Thank God for this, and take it as a big lesson in your business life. If it doesn't brake you, it makes you stronger

(Speaking from recent and CURRENT experience)

Thank you so much, God bless you sir.

This means a lot, and I probably wouldn’t understand this too if I hadn’t fallen a victim.

Thank you so much sir.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by taurusdude0(m): 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Thank you so much. I have blocked my card and do you think they might have access to my other accounts?
I don't think so just the one you gave them the OTP. stay safe
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by smogia: 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
anifranklyn67:
You can still get your money back...
Through the power of "card Charge back case" and the beneficiary bank will vomit it after the financial judicial department have settled on your favour...mind you, over the counter bank girls and customer service have no idea of what am saying

Call me to put u through if you cares
Hope Ur not the moniker we are looking for?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
taurusdude0:
I don't think so just the one you gave them the OTP. stay safe
Oh okay, thank you sir.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Duplexxx: 12:00am On Mar 29, 2021
Wholegeria:

I bottle for you grin

2 bottles for you
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Duplexxx: 12:08am On Mar 29, 2021
Hassanmaye:

My guy stop abusing her that's how life is some people must learn the hard way while others learn from the mistakes of others

OK

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Sadiq001: 2:05am On Mar 29, 2021
You sound so smart to adamantly do what you just said, except you be real Mumu.
No take am personal oh, but how on earth will someone on Twitter or so... asked for your card details and you gave it out?
You sure you’re on this planet earth
Abeg I no even believe this story!
Na fallacy.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Falconx47: 10:48am On Mar 29, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

The comment was on my post on Twitter? Yes sir I have o! God pass these scammers.

Chai, what did the bank say?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:45am On Mar 29, 2021
Falconx47:

Chai, what did the bank say?
They just replied me this morning, and claimed to have opened a file for my case giving me the File ID. I don’t know how this would end though, considering how most people almost never get their money back.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by seborrhic: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
Thelucifer666:

Here
If you don't withdraw the money from here within the next 1 hr then you're a foolish animal
Let me see how you'll do it without OTP
I didn't bother replying the okponu.
They come with all their cheap tales of being able to wipe off someone's account with just the card number,as if they are talking to their fellow imbe ciles.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Thelucifer666(m): 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
Elsueno:

Bros snap the front and back of ur ATM card, then send it to me, if I no clear ur account in 30 minutes, then I will drop my title as boss of bosses and pay u double what's in ur account
2 days don pass
Animal
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Elsueno: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
Thelucifer666:

2 days don pass
Animal

Idi#t bring u AtM card not some American bank ATM from the internet.

You are not even ashamed f urself. You are a dude & the owner is a chick grin grin Baba stop wasting my time
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Elsueno: 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Blood of Zachariah are you serious which online payment platform will you pay the money

We wan do practical, let him provide his ATM details and see. The dude is a time waster. probably yahoo guy, Never disclose ur ATM details to anyone! ur bank sef no go ask for it

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by adubam(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
I wanted to withdraw 15000 from an Opay POS and transaction was declined and I was debited without the Opay agent credited. Over 3 days now yet no return. I hope I can get my money back?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:00am On Mar 30, 2021
adubam:
I wanted to withdraw 15000 from an Opay POS and transaction was declined and I was debited with the Opay agent credited. Over 3 days now yet no return. I hope I can get my money back?
Have you reported to your bank?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by adubam(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Have you reported to your bank?

YES. I was told to wait for 10 -15 working days. I hope it will be resolved.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

This could mean you will send your OTP code to a genuine customer care of a bank if they ask for it.

If you know what the meaning of OTP code is you won't even send it to the GMD of the bank not to talk of customer care.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Kennen: 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
pahen1991:
I hate digital things.
Such an idea, not liking technology because of cheats is like not liking your mum because she once hit you. There are cheaters everywhere these days.
It's very tough. I am shocked that this kind of thing still happens and without a solution to the problem. And then various articles like Security for noobs come out. Just anyone you meet can end up with your data. It's a very unpleasant thing, and I don't even know how to solve it...
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by pahen1991: 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
Kennen:

Such an idea, not liking technology because of cheats is like not liking your mum because she once hit you. There are cheaters everywhere these days.
most business men still prefer the analog way than the so called digital
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by paranorman(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
obinoral1179:
it was God that save me. We need to becareful and have patience.

shocked grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

81-Year-Old Woman Raped And Robbed In Ghana By 3 Men / Angel Obrien Ibekwe Shot Dead In Owerri This Afternoon (Graphic Pics) / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.