Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (46925 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
I was scammed, too of N12,800. BItCoin exachange. I didn't know that the escrow and the seller are scammers.

Yoruba demons!

Oluwatosin Oludayo undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Fantazy(m): 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
I understand how you feel

It happened to me also January 12th (Just two months ago)
I was called by one idiot who claimed to be sportbet agent.
He promised to activate a bonus for me on my account and told me to send one code sent to my phone.
and I foolishly did.
that was how he wiped off all the money from my bank account linked with the sportbet account

God will surely expose them soon and will give us in hundred fold all that we have lost.
It's gonna settle soon

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by AerialMapper: 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
Olayinka8793:
can I send an email too sir? The exact same thing happened to me too but l was only scammed of 20k. I have proof of the debit alert and the WhatsApp chat l had with the scammer before l was defrauded. Including all my twitter complain and messages screenshots l sent to UBA's verified twitter handle as proof. I haven't been refunded and have lost hope. Worst thing is l am deaf on both ears and there is no way to speak with there customer care representative when they contacted me.
I have screenshot proofs of any aspect of the fraud you ask for sir as proof l am not lying.
Help a brother please.

Well the person in question didn’t respond to the offer so sure ... you can.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by OLAMINREWA(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.

I feel your pains bro. I almost fell to this trap few weeks back. It was at the point of sending otp that I regained my senses. It started from making complaints on twitter also and that number never went through again till I deleted it.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by CALCULUS16: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
In life
Sometimes we buy wisdom with money
We buy knowledge too
You have paid for a knowledge you suppose to have known since
Now be happy cos no one can dupe you in this way again
Just believe you used that money to buy a new knowledge
Some people like you paid much more than this, just thank God its small money like this
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by rinzaugustine: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
You can trace from your bank the account it was transferred to

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Toearn: 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2021
Really
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
OLAMINREWA:

I feel your pains bro. I almost fell to this trap few weeks back. It was at the point of sending otp that I regained my senses. It started from making complaints on twitter also and that number never went through again till I deleted it.
I lost my senses totally...thank God for restoration through Nairalanders.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
AerialMapper:
I hope you’ve learned from your mistake!

A bank will NEVER ask you for the 16 digits on your card and a bank will NEVER ask you for the OTP.

NEVER... no exception.

It was a tough lesson. Send me an email and let’s talk about reimbursing you for the losses
I’m so sorry sir, didn’t see your post.

Thank you so much sir, didn’t see this message as many posts covered this. Thank you sir.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by maasoap(m): 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2021
Parrie:
I have no right to condemn this young man, when nigerian politicians do worse and get away with it

You see what we were talking about earlier now?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Parrie(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
maasoap:

You see what we were talking about earlier now?
lol take am easy
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by maasoap(m): 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
[/b] Xilsbridalhouse [/b]
The scammer asked for my card details....

after I sent the OTP codes to him....

Two mistakes. Customer care agent will never ask for the full digits on your atm card if they are trying to help you with your atm card, just first 6 and last 4 digits.
Secondly, otp is meant for only you and you only.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by phatnpretty(f): 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

His number : +234 701 382 3667

I have reported his WhatsApp account too

He kept convincing me to tell my dad to do the transfer back.
u sef. customer care officers that are so impatient and rude come online dey beg u abi convince you to help u...u no calculate the maths at all.My dear,you need oil for your head o.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by naturefellow(m): 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nbotee:
Why would U make d mistake of giving out ur card details to anyone whether bank staff or not?? Even if na bank MD video call me ask me for my details, he will have to invite me to the bank personally

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by FireKing: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2021
Amen
Xilsbridalhouse:
Seriously, I’m just trying to concentrate...I can’t even think of anything...I can’t even tell my dad this! I disturbed him so much to send back the money, only if I had known...if I had known! With the tears in my eyes, that scammer will never know peace!

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Olayinka8793(m): 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I’m so sorry sir, didn’t your post.

Thank you so much sir, didn’t see this message as many posts covered this. Thank you sir.
I empathize with you my sister. Same thing happened to me exactly two weeks ago. Mine was just unbearable to me
due to the fact l am presently jobless.
In case he responds positively to you by reimbursing you, please tell him to remember me too.
May God replenish our losses.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
Olayinka8793:
I empathize with you my sister. Same thing happened to me exactly two weeks ago. Mine was just unbearable to me
due to the fact l am presently jobless.
In case he responds positively to you by reimbursing you, please tell him to remember me too.
May God replenish our losses.
So sorry about your loss, you shall recover in 7folds in Jesus Mighty name, Amen!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Coolcalmcollect(m): 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.
ode we don't need to learn from your mumu mistake, even banks will tell you never to review your pin to any one and dat dey will never ask for it.... you're just a dullard, you deserved to be scammed...stubborn goat, if na to do makeup you go Sabi, to get sense you no Sabi.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
Coolcalmcollect:

ode we don't need to learn from your mumu mistake, even banks will tell you never to review your pin to any one and dat dey will never ask for it.... you're just a dullard, you deserved to be scammed...stubborn goat, if na to do makeup you go Sabi, to get sense you no Sabi.
I don’t even apply makeups...thank you sir.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by bluebay(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
Brother , save your evidence then go to Efcc page and report . Call your bank and they will freez the account the money went to ASAP
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by LADEMINUS: 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
https://www.sportspay.co.nz/FAQs-3

Message this site. It appears this was used to scan you
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
LADEMINUS:

Yes I have done that sir. Thank you so much.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Olayinka8793(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
LADEMINUS:

Boss, is there hope for me too? I was scammed of 20k even though I don't use cards.

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by oloshun(m): 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
This is what am talking about. Nigeria still lacking some sense of security. Must we always doubt ourselves? Just few hours ago, I was chatting with Access Bank CS about my account in Nigeria and from the blue, this lady asked foe some details and my Social security number. I say gbas gbos. I told her she shouldn't bother, I will fix it in person whenever I come to Nigeria. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by OfeAkwuPrincess(f): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
You see a message that’s supposedly from a reputable bank without constructive sentences nor use of proper punctuations and you fall for them?

If your card wasn’t working shouldn’t you have tried an alternative means of transaction?

Sometimes na our impatience dey cause all these things. It pays to be calm and calculative.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Ishilove: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
obinoral1179:
it was God that save me. We need to becareful and have patience.
My God. These people are terrible

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by jospepper(m): 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
faithfull18:
Oh God.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Ishilove: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
solasoulmusic:
I saw the profile on Twitter even after I congratulated zenith for their award they commented under and I even said o boy you sef wan win award. Scammers rush you and even looking at the chat most organizations will have a bot that has automated replies not select 1 or 2 and there will be a verified business tick as well.

The best advice I can give is be alert. Do not put lump sums in one account spread your wealth open at least 3 accounts some of these online shops, apps and some banks are notorious for having staff that go behind the scenes and try to charge your card.

Spreading your balances ensures that they won’t know how much is in there and most times either because of bank charges it will be declined. Block your atm card on the app and unblock when your ready to use it.

Lastly choose a bank you can trust a bank that knows your spending pattern
Can't someone report all these fake handles to Zenith bank?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos / Lady Stabs Boyfriend To Death With Knife (Graphic Photos) / Yahoo Boy Kills Motorcyclist In Delta, Injures Passenger While Being Chased

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.