Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? (13131 Views)

Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) / Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by achorladey: 11:18am On Mar 28, 2021
enambobo:

Thanks for the heads-up Bro. Noted!

Follow the reminders given to you by nairaland GB. To stand any chance of surviving the impending judgement.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by kense88: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2021
slimchimex:
How does a person know that he or she has the heavenly calling? The answer is clearly seen in the apostle Paul’s words to those in Rome who were “called to be holy ones"

Roman's 8:15,16 says; "15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!”, 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children"

Romans 1:7 says To all those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones: May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

So by means of his holy spirit, God makes it clear to anointed ones that they have this heavenly calling. Jehovah leaves no doubt whatsoever in the minds and hearts of those who receive his invitation to go to heaven. (1 John 2:20) Anointed Christians do not need anyone to confirm that they are anointed.
no way. They are all scammers. Everyone of them, including your pastor
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by TemmyT002(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2021
How come the person who is supposed to have the calling don't hear from God gangan but from other people?
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Contango(m): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2021
I might sound condescending here but I’ve got no other way of putting it in all honestly.

It is very dangerous to put the Bible or Quran in the hands of people with very low IQ angry
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Duplexxx: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
Am still asking Who wrote the Bible?

Blackman or Whiteman?
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Emperorlanky: 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2021
gaventa:
You asked a good question and if you truly have researched outside NL on this question you will understand the history of religion. All religions are Man Made. No one has seen the creator. No one met him. Abrahamic religion includes Judaism, Christianity, Islam. Judaism originated from ancient Kemet spirituality, Christianity originated from Judaism while Islam originated from Judaism and Christianity. That’s why they all have same story line. Forget what the Bible said these are just books written by people to propagate that proposed religion, There are no men of God but just ordinary men who lie that God called them. No one knows. Please go and read about Ancient kemet spirituality and it’s correlation with these three religion and you will understand better. Don’t let anyone lie to you. God does not have a religion.

You have no proof? Do you?
How can you be breathing and reason like this? Who or what is the source of the air you breath in and out? What about the marvel of how the brain is designed? How humans and animals conceived and give birth to young ones alive? The wonders of how a plant grow and produce fruit? Evidence of God in the world around us are abundant even for the blinds to see.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Emperorlanky: 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
rottennaija:
You are most welcome to what I perceive will be a long discussion.

Comparing planet earth to other planets and even other galaxies is very much called for. You made an unsubstantiated claim and are still making it. Absent of evidence does not mean such evidence does not exist. Making a bold statement that earth is the only planet that support life is very wrong when you have no idea what exist out there. This position can be further hard to maintain if in the future it is proven that life exist elsewhere. Claiming what we do not know when we do not know the limit of what we know is wrong. Besides, as I had said, the earth without human life is guaranteed to stay much longer than with humans in it. Humans are the virus of this earth, the earth blossoms with humans not being it it. It returns to it natural state, healing itself.

So trying to make a case for your doctrine with believe that the earth somehow needs humans does not help.

Also, there are millions of Galaxies, Millions of planets and you say earth is the only planet that supports life? How did you come about with such information? How do you even define life? Do you define life as only by flesh and blood? How about spirit life? is that not also life? Life exist in different forms, even the ones we call spirit are life forms that require a different environment to exist.

I am a christian and I know that verse. Yes. The bible says God created the earth to be inhabited.... i believe the Koran also says something similar and has it not been inhabited? It has been. But the bible also says the earth will not remain forever as it says it will. So what the point?

Yes I know the Lord's prayer. But never has Jesus preached that "some of his followers will reside here on earth forever under peaceful conditions." Never. Those are assumptions you make based on reading some verses in the bible and interpreting them. If I am wrong, you can show me anywhere he said "some of his followers will reside here on earth forever under peaceful conditions."

You said "Doesn't that suggest that the earth will someday become a peaceful dwelling". Again those are assumptions you make. Jesus specifically asked about praying for "God's will" to be done on earth. One specific reference I have about God's will is related to mankind's salvation where he said his will is for all to be save, another is in being children of God by having faith in Jesus. I will have to check for other references. But when you make claims that it is in relation to making the earth a beautiful home to live in is stretching the point.

You also seem to miss it that God has a kingdom already established, which is made of the christian congregation. Jesus laid the framework for it when on earth and that kingdom where his will is done is ongoing.

Mt 5: 5 "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth."
Has it ever occur to you that without being born again, that is an anointed one, you cannot inherit the earth? Who will inherit the earth? The meek. Who was the meekest man alive? Jesus. Who does God will the earth to as an inheritance? Jesus. Who does Jesus share his inheritance with? His anointed brothers.

You do not inherit what was not willed to you. If you are not Jesus brothers, you cannot inherit the earth. In fact, read the whole of Mt 5:1-13 and you will see anointed Christ brothers written all over it.

Na wa o! You just leave the substance and start chasing shadows. I endured reading your epistle hoping to make any meaning of it but ahhhhhhh! Empty. So, when God take all righteous people to heaven, what happens to the earth? Give scriptural backing please. Because I couldn't find any above to support your point. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Oracleforce: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Every person who believes in Jesus Christ has a "heavenly calling".. God does not want any of them to end up in Hell. So regardless of your opinions of Paul's message, the Truth of Jesus Christ is that ALL who believe in Him are qualified to, by accepting (trusting ) and obeying His commandments, become Sons of God.

Every single person who does what Jesus Christ commands will receive His Spirit and be given a place in Heaven. undecided

You are muddling things up here...
Heavenly calling: there is a call to be saved (Salvation) and there are calls into the greater heavenly assignment.

Hebrews 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron."
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Oracleforce: 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2021
Contango:
I might sound condescending here but I’ve got no other way of putting it in all honestly.

It is very dangerous to put the Bible or Quran in the hands of people with very low IQ angry

Bible doesn't call anyone low or high IQ...all these are our terms...God called and equip them...
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Pickieox(m): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
slimchimex:
How does a person know that he or she has the heavenly calling? The answer is clearly seen in the apostle Paul’s words to those in Rome who were “called to be holy ones"

Roman's 8:15,16 says; "15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!”, 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children"

Romans 1:7 says To all those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones: May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

So by means of his holy spirit, God makes it clear to anointed ones that they have this heavenly calling. Jehovah leaves no doubt whatsoever in the minds and hearts of those who receive his invitation to go to heaven. (1 John 2:20) Anointed Christians do not need anyone to confirm that they are anointed.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by gaventa: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2021
All what you have said has many ways to be explained. Are you trying to say the only way you can explain the existence of a force behind creation is true Religion. Don’t mistake me for an atheist. I am
Not one, I just share a different and more explicit concept of the force behind creation. The creator is not man nor woman, no one knows. From mystery we have come and to mystery we will return. There are over 4000 religions on the world and each of them have their provisions about the creator and they all differ. I find it very disheartening that Africans will never be able to view their creator if not through the Christian and Islam ways. I know there is a force behind creation and I know it’s not what the Bible and Quran said because those were written according to Hebrew/Greek and Arab culture and I am neither Hebrew nor Arab.
Emperorlanky:

You have no proof? Do you?
How can you be breathing and reason like this? Who or what is the source of the air you breath in and out? What about the marvel of how the brain is designed? How humans and animals conceived and give birth to young ones alive? The wonders of how a plant grow and produce fruit? Evidence of God in the world around us are abundant even for the blinds to see.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by seyz91(m): 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
cheesy
makermix:
no one does anymore, its either d person is jobless or looking for quick money tru tithe n offering
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by seyz91(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
cheesy
hopefulLandlord:
The level of hunger determines this. e get some kain hunger wey be say if he hold you, you go dey see vision of Jewish god talking to you

No god anywhere calls anybody, na hunger dey call person
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Denuga91: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
rottennaija:

All what you said above does not invalidate the point he made. Earth will do just fine without humans in it. Earth does not need to be taken care of, don't think you are doing earth a favour after all, human activity destroys it.

Also, how many planets are uninhabited and are there begging for favour to to inhabited? It's not like there are not so many planets and galaxies that lies it waste... And what makes you think earth without humans will be a waste?

His post didn't say humans will become angels. That's a big fallacy. His posts said all who believe in Jesus are called. Besides, Angels praising God every hour does not invalidate that humans cannot do same.

You didn't not even address any of the things he posted. You just started by saying things he didn't say and forcing conclusions from it.

What was the purpose for creating the earth in the first place?
Is it the planet earth that sinned or humans?
Was the first man and woman created in heaven or on earth
If Adam had not sinned, would there be a need to go to the even?
The bible says those going to heaven are going there to rule has king and priest. If all good people are going to heaven, who are they going to rule over? Afterall a kingdom has a king, co-rulers and sunjects
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by rottennaija(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
Denuga91:

What was the purpose for creating the earth in the first place?
Is it the planet earth that sinned or humans?
Was the first man and woman created in heaven or on earth
If Adam had not sinned, would there be a need to go to the even?
The bible says those going to heaven are going there to rule has king and priest. If all good people are going to heaven, who are they going to rule over? Afterall a kingdom has a king, co-rulers and sunjects

Still does not invalidate all points I made or that I referred to.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by rottennaija(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
Emperorlanky:

Na wa o! You just leave the substance and start chasing shadows. I endured reading your epistle hoping to make any meaning of it but ahhhhhhh! Empty. So, when God take all righteous people to heaven, what happens to the earth? Give scriptural backing please. Because I couldn't find any above to support your point. Thanks.

If you couldn't see any meaning from what I wrote, how will you see any meaning when I start posting scriptures?

Again, does it make what I wrote invalid? How many planets have you been in? And how do you derive evidence that life only exist in earth? Or let me ask again, the spirit forms, are they life? Can such life not be taken away?

Like I said, we only know very little and we don't know the limit of what we know... Or do you? 2000 years ago, did we know of viruses? Bacteria? Today we know of these life forms that causes problems for us.

How do you invalidate my argument that the earth is a much better place without human?

Any idea? Or you want to look at everything through the lens of the Bible that was written when human have limited understanding of the universe around it?
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
I was told in my dream that I am a prophet.

In the dream, we were many, the cloud changed, we all knelt down outside and kept saying "Lord I am ready", I also said that, then God brought a red limozine car and prophets were entering, then a woman said if she sees a prophet that she will know, then she brought out a book which the names of prophets are written, my name was there, she pointed at me and said that I am a prophet.

Before the dream, two different prophets told me that I am a prophet but I rejected it and didnt believe them, till I had the dream, e shock me. Though I have been manifesting dream revelation gift, I dream about things that will happen.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by inspector1(m): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
=jossytech Those needed in heaven already filled, rest will be on Earth stop dreaming, d heaven is for the Lord and d earth He gives the son of man. Psalm 115:16

Then Jesus said in Math 5:5 about his earthly subjects, he already talk or few rep in his kingdom in Mathew 5:3

Also remember the Lord prayer let you will take place on Earth as it's in heaven. People should stop illusion of I'm going heaven things. Heaven is not for human that why Adam was created into a garden.

YOU MADE MY DAY...... NICE COMMENT..... MOST PEOPLE'S WANT TO ESCAPE TO HEAVEN AFTER DESTROYING THIS WONDERFUL EARTH. ITS NOT LOGICAL AT ALL, NO LANDLORD WE EVER SET HIS OWN HOUSE ON FIRE JUST because THE OCCUPANTS FAILED TO OBEY THE IS RULE & REGULATIONS OR because THEY ARE SINNER'S BUT RATHER QUIT ALL THR BAD ONE'S AND MAKE PROPER RENOVATION OF HIS PROPERTY TO SUIT THE NEED OF INCOME TENANTS. THE FACT REMAIN THAT, GOD WILL MUST BE DONE ON EARTH JUST AS IT IS DONE IN HEAVEN.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by haddeylium(m): 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
rottennaija:

Any idea? Or you want to look at everything through the lens of the Bible that was written when human have limited understanding of the universe around it?

Don't mind them jare
Just continue trolling them' wink
The think everything revolves around God inspired word 'Bible'
and that's the difference between you two.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
Oracleforce:
You are muddling things up here...
Heavenly calling: there is a call to be saved (Salvation) and there are calls into the greater heavenly assignment.

Hebrews 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron."
I am afraid there is no such thing as a "heavenly calling". The Gospel of the Kingdom of God is meant to call all to the promise of Heaven. Those who believe are saved and expected to accept and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ by which they can then achieve Heaven. Should they refuse, then it is Hell for them for believing. It is that simple!
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Toearn: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
Check if the ringing tone is loud
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
ogtechinc:
Kindly provide scriptural backing.... I am interested

According to Jesus Christ, the way to be sin is to accept, and obey His teachings.

John 8 vs 31-47
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33. They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34. Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35. A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36. So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.
And it is those who do that, that are set free from sin and He, and His Father will abide in.

John 15 vs 1-11(ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
2. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
9. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
10. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
11. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
rottennaija:

All what you said above does not invalidate the point he made. Earth will do just fine without humans in it. Earth does not need to be taken care of, don't think you are doing earth a favour after all, human activity destroys it.

Also, how many planets are uninhabited and are there begging for favour to to inhabited? It's not like there are not so many planets and galaxies that lies it waste... And what makes you think earth without humans will be a waste?

His post didn't say humans will become angels. That's a big fallacy. His posts said all who believe in Jesus are called. Besides, Angels praising God every hour does not invalidate that humans cannot do same.

You didn't not even address any of the things he posted. You just started by saying things he didn't say and forcing conclusions from it.
ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
jcross19:
The calling is talking about is the one of either been a Shepherd or looking for lost sheep's..
There is only one Shepherd for His Sheep and that is Jesus Christ. He alone is the good shepherd... any other person who installs himself as shepherd over Jesus Christ's flock is a fraud!

There are no special "Heavenly callings". Instead, the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven calls everyone to believe and become born of the Spirit/Sons of God in order that they might enjoy the Kingdom of Heaven in the end. Unfortunately, many who believe will instead be deceived by doctrines such as theses into occupying the Kingdom of Hell instead.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by jcross19: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is only one Shepherd for His Sheep and that is Jesus Christ. He alone is the good shepherd... any other person who installs himself as shepherd over Jesus Christ's flock is a fraud!

There are no special "Heavenly callings". Instead, the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven calls everyone to believe and become born of the Spirit/Sons of God in order that they might enjoy the Kingdom of Heaven in the end. Unfortunately, many who believe will instead be deceived by doctrines such as theses into occupying the Kingdom of Hell instead.
funny another name for Shepherd is a pastor so get that fact... It's clear that you lack bible understanding, john the Baptist was called to prepare way for Christ the same Jesus chose 12 disciples for His ministry, and prayed for more labourers.... Paul too was a chosen vessel as well even all those bandits, killer herdsmen and bokoharams some of them have an heavenly mandate too..
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
ChocolateWine:
Why?
Why Heaven? undecided
ChocolateWine:
Because the earth is not habitable again or what?
Because the Earth is man's kingdom and God's Kingdom is not of this world.undecided
ChocolateWine:
So God will waste the earth just like that after spending billions of years to create it?
The same science tells you that planets don't live forever. So, I am not certain what you are trying to get at here.
ChocolateWine:
So we would all become angels?
All whom become angels? undecided
ChocolateWine:
Who take care of the earth? Animals?
Is man taking great care of the earth even now? undecided
ChocolateWine:
Angels praise God every hour, every day? Have you read your bible from cover to cover once?
Angels maybe, but men are not angels. undecided
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
DappaD:
OP just like that oo? First introduce yourself as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses or an interested person who’s studying because this was our Daily Text for yesterday which was also considered during the talk given at the Memorial. Commentators might begin to think that those words at Romans 8:15-17 apply to them meanwhile we know what’s really going on.

Sir/Ma, what do you mean by Romans 8:15-17 doesn't apply to the commentators here? You're not implying that Jehovah witnesses are the only heirs of God on earth and the rest are doomed slaves, are you?

#This last note isn't addressed to you# It's pathetic how we've allowed religion to turn us into conceited self-righteous folks, complicating a simple gospel of God's love that should be a lifestyle and not a 'church' or 'Assembly' thing we do religiously.

All this stuff on this thread, arguments about whether the earth will last or not, or if people will go to heaven or remain here are reasons some folks got confused at the division and hence left the faith.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nuttella:
I was told in my dream that I am a prophet. In the dream, we were many, the cloud changed, we all knelt down outside and kept saying "Lord I am ready", I also said that, then God brought a red limozine car and prophets were entering, then a woman said if she sees a prophet that she will know, then she brought out a book which the names of prophets are written, my name was there, she pointed at me and said that I am a prophet.

Before the dream, two different prophets told me that I am a prophet but I rejected it and didnt believe them, till I had the dream, e shock me. Though I have been manifesting dream revelation gift, I dream about things that will happen.
Guess what? Every one of Jesus Christ's followers(Jesus Christ abides in them)i.e. born again, is a prophet for no longer does God speak through some, but all of His followers. undecided
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
jcross19:
funny another name for Shepherd is a pastor so get that fact... It's clear that you lack bible understanding, john the Baptist was called to prepare way for Christ the same Jesus chose 12 disciples for His ministry, and prayed for more labourers.... Paul too was a chosen vessel as well even all those bandits, killer herdsmen and bokoharams some of them have an heavenly mandate too..
Funny, Jesus Christ declared that He alone is the GOOD shepherd. So what does that tell you of every other person out there claiming to be a shepherd? They are definitely not GOOD i.e. bad.

John the Baptist was not a shepherd... He was a prophet called according to the Old Covenant.
Jesus Christ made it clear that He did not call His disciples to be shepherds but instead as Fishers of men, and the labourers who are called to work in His Vineyard, are called, not as Shepherds but as Fishers of men/workers. So, I am not sure where your idea to call them shepherds come from since it does not come from Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Guess what? Every one of Jesus Christ's followers(Jesus Christ abides in them)i.e. born again, is a prophet for no longer does God speak through some, but all of His followers. undecided
I don't have strength to argue with you this night. You have started with everybody is a prophet talk, come and prophecy the future events to me. You think simple prophecy that os used for exaltation and confort is same with prophesying future event and plans of God is the same.

All of us are called but some of us are called into the 5 fold ministry.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nuttella:
I don't have strength to argue with you this night. You have started with everybody is a prophet talk, come and prophecy the future events to me. You think simple prophecy that os used for exaltation and confort is same with prophesying future event and plans of God is the same. All of us are called but some of us are called into the 5 fold ministry.
You only need to engage your mind for a bit to understanding the meaning here. A prophet is one whom God Speaks through. In the New Covenant, everyone who accepts(trusts) and obeys the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ are called Sons of God, Jesus Christ through His Spirit, will abide in and speak through... i.e. they are prophets. undecided
So, there is no such thing as the special office of prophecy and all of that hogwash many like to tell themselves.. there are instead Children of God, all of them, prophets, according to their Father in Heaven. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? / How Do You Feel When You Don't Have Offering To Give In Church? / Presidential Inauguration Interdenominational Service (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.