Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,349 members, 7,868,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:55 AM

Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? (2505 Views)

Why Do You Love Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend? / Is It Bad 2 Date Your Best Friends Cousine: / Dating Your Cousine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by MeAboki(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ranoscky:

You were brought up that way by Knowing that, it is an abormination/taboo to marry your cousin, so live with it, not to bother why others do, for ALL culture and tradition are not same. ONE MANS FOOD IS ANOTHER MANS POISON !!!

In a normal sense, I see NOTHING in it!

Thank you for the little enlightening.

It just goes to show the considerable divergence in values between different cultures. Some may appear weird and strange or even disgusting; while some can be quite quaint and interesting. Tolerance and understanding are the key words.

Take for example food, while my culture does not allow dog or monkey, another person may not be able to do without his regular 404 or fine boy with his pepper soup. cheesy cool
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by amefi(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
Everyone is saying God forbid, it a sacrilage n so on. I must tell u, millions hv married their cousins knowingly and unknowingly. If we take time to analyse our genologies, we would be baffled by the outcome of such findings that many have indeed married or are in an intimate relationship with their both immediate and distant cousins. I know of a particular cousins that got married like that, initially they didnt know they were related when they were dating. But when they visited their village, they found out that they were related like second cousins stuff. People tried to stop them from carrying on with the relationship, but could nt prevail. Today, are happily married with children and are both doin well spiritually, physically and financially.

Even in the Bible days, marriages were preferred amongst relatives to preserve the integrity of the family lineage. Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebecca, etc.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by Ranoscky(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
amefi:

Everyone is saying God forbid, it a sacrilage n so on. I must tell u, millions hv married their cousins knowingly and unknowingly. If we take time to analyse our genologies, we would be baffled by the outcome of such findings that many have indeed married or are in an intimate relationship with their both immediate and distant cousins. I know of a particular cousins that got married like that, initially they didnt know they were related when they were dating. But when they visited their village, they found out that they were related like second cousins stuff. People tried to stop them from carrying on with the relationship, but could nt prevail. Today, are happily married with children and are both doin well spiritually, physically and financially.

Even in the Bible days, marriages were preferred amongst relatives to preserve the integrity of the family lineage. Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebecca, etc.
Perfect Xample, my broda. God bless U.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by natasha: 9:01pm On Apr 19, 2011
Yes i can and i have loved my cousin (we broke up after been together for a while). I am from "a middle belt" state and in my place its very much allowed. (second cousins are allowed to get together but 1st cousins are frowned upon heavily). i have an aunt that married her cousin, they've all got grown up kids of marriageable age. Further up north, 1st cousins marry each other and its considered the norm and i have witnessed 3 northern weddings where both bride & groom are first cousins.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by Ranoscky(m): 4:59am On Apr 20, 2011
Tell em, girl. Preach on!!!
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:25am On Apr 20, 2011
come to Alaigbo and try that and you will be an OSU for life! lol  cheesy grin
with all the people in the world, why a cousin? but i guess, but i don't see why some people are trying to FORCE how "right" it is.   tongue
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by Ranoscky(m): 5:54am On Apr 20, 2011
THE AMAKA:

come to Alaigbo and try that and you will be an OSU for life!
That is why all cultures and traditions are NOT dsame.

Ibo's see it as an abormination/taboo, while some other tribes see is as 'norm' so, live with it!

THE AMAKA:

with all the people in the world, why a cousin?
If that was where love took them too, why not?

THE AMAKA:

but i don't see why some people are trying to FORCE how "right" it is. tongue
As an Ibo girl, you is a 'christian' I guess. So, dont tell me you didnt see the quote below.

amefi:

Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by MrsChima(f): 6:40am On Apr 20, 2011
Smh.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:13am On Apr 20, 2011
oh sharrap, im not a bible thumper like you lot here.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by Ranoscky(m): 7:19am On Apr 20, 2011
If you say so.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by MeAboki(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2011
^^^^^ cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by SexyDuby(f): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ranoscky my luv, Ow's u? Missed u a lot shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by MrCork17: 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2011
Cousin? If she gots Nyansh, Why not? undecided

Indians do it!
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by obowunmi(m): 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
If that cousin is rich, otherwise no point being with another money- hungry chick.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by SexyDuby(f): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2011
Mr. Cork, HOW CORKY ARE YOU?
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by Ranoscky(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2011
Me_Aboki:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Correct guy, U dey enjoy my flow abi? Lol.

SexyDuby:

Ranoscky my luv, Ow's u? Missed u a lot shocked shocked shocked shocked
Im cool, girl. Missed U too.

Hows every?
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by Freiburger(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2011
It is still been praticed in some northern parts of Nigeria
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2011
OSU PEOPLE!!! grin grin grin
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by mykali(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2011
just like Amaka said, its a taboo amongst Ibos and those who do it are banned or exiled and are called outcasts a.k.a OSU.

Even my mom has warned me about marrying from my surrounding village community, saying one of them gals might be the daughter to the son of the last daughter of my great grand father. . .bla bla bla. . .
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2011
mykali:

Even my mom has warned me about marrying from my surrounding village community, saying one of them gals might be the daughter to the son of the last daughter of my great grand father. . .bla bla bla. . .
I'm seriously laughing my backside of. kinda true though. most ways to "rid" themselves of the outcast thing is to move to a new community or move somewhere else and start a new life where no one knows them. thats usually the only way, other than that, your generations to come will also face the shame. i don't believed they should be totally exiled, its so ancient, but i still think its wrong on so many levels. only that generation should suffer it tho, not the children or grandchildren, because its not their fault.
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by r231(m): 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Cousin? If she gots Nyansh, Why not? undecided

Indians do it!

ewwww
Re: Can You Love Your Cousine/cousin? by MrsChima(f): 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Times Have You Had Ur Heart Truly Broken Before Finding The One? / When Guys Signals For You To Come Over... / Can You Tattoo The Name Of Your Lover On Any Part Of Your Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.