Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria (57181 Views)

Palm Oil Storage Business Investment (buying & Selling) In Nigeria. / My First Farming Attempt At Maize,okra,egusi Melon And Pepper. / Egusi Melon In Large Quantity Engine And Handpeel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Please continue to send your WhatsApp number or hi us on WhatsApp so we add you to the WhatsApp broadcast channel.

WhatsApp; 08083031185

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Cupidkc(m): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2021
dondo83:

Thank you I will , made a call to lafia 2days ago and they told me unpeeled 100mudu bag was 31k na there this op 14k/20k price don Dey confuse me lol .. I’ll go next week to buy and give people feedbacks .. please note I’m not buying for anyone make op no think say I Dey follow am drag customer . I dint need anyone’s money . I just want us to share our experiences together

I might be in Abj this weekend for an appointment, if you don't mind I can tag along with you to market next week. Truth be told I was shocked with the 14/20k price too myself, but I decided to keep mute before someone will think I'm trying to spoil his biz. He knows how he source his egusi shaa. Me na from nasarrawa toto I dey usually buy and it's currently between 38/40k, this is excluding expenses o(cost of sack, cost of bagging, sewing, loading/offloading, laada)
Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by dondo83(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2021
Cupidkc:

I might be in Abj this weekend for an appointment, if you don't mind I can tag along with you to market next week. Truth be told I was shocked with the 14/20k price too myself, but I decided to keep mute before someone will think I'm trying to spoil his biz. He knows how he source his egusi shaa. Me na from nasarrawa toto I dey usually buy and it's currently between 38/40k, this is excluding expenses o(cost of sack, cost of bagging, sewing, loading/offloading, laada)

No problem we can go together next week , I’ll be available from Wednesday so we can plan for a wed/Thursday/Friday market .. my source is even from a village in doma and not in the market but he still told me 31k and I was arguing someone promised me for 14k he just cut me off the phone lol
Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by chidinmae: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2021
Cupidkc:

Thanks Cupidkc. This is a confirmation we are getting a deal through FK. Egusi has different bag sizes. 38/40K could be bigger bag while 20k smaller bag. New egusi wasn't this expensive last year. Infact, I expected it to cost around 12/14k this year. It is easy to make mistake with price with all that is going this egusi season.

Also, I noticed that it is cheaper to buy from farmers directly than from the market. I bought a new egusi igbo from a farmer at Adamawa at a cheaper price. The same egusi is being sold at a higher price in the market.

4 Likes

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Cupidkc(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
dondo83:

No problem we can go together next week , I’ll be available from Wednesday so we can plan for a wed/Thursday/Friday market .. my source is even from a village in doma and not in the market but he still told me 31k and I was arguing someone promised me for 14k he just cut me off the phone lol

Alright Chief.... Will beep you once I'm in Abj.
Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Cupidkc(m): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
chidinmae:

Thanks Cupidkc. This is a confirmation we are getting a deal through FK. Egusi has different bag sizes. 38/40K could be bigger bag while 20k smaller bag. New egusi wasn't this expensive last year. Infact, I expected it to cost around 12/14k this year. It is easy to make mistake with price with all that is going this egusi season.

Also, I noticed that it is cheaper to buy from farmers directly than from the market. I bought a new egusi igbo from a farmer at Adamawa at a cheaper price. The same egusi is being sold at a higher price in the market.

I totally agree with your analysis.
Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 12:09am On Aug 06, 2021
EGUSI LECTURE 101

I want to start teaching Egusi now to avoid quarrel. Ok lets begin. Please everyone should pardon any grammar error. Na market class. Thank you.

Good day everyone,

The events of the previous days is heartbreaking but nevertheless, it's good to disagree and finally Agree.

Egusi business is very wide. But in this business, the
BUYING AND STORING
is the easiest part.

It really pains me that there is a fighting in my thread in this easiest stage BUYING AND STORING.

The plans I have on this thread is really different from the plans on some people mind. First stage of things, fighting and name calling have already started.

Let me use this lectures to clarify and teach some things about the market. Top secret.

This am about to say here is top secret known by only our hausa market people (as they call us back home)

I have been posting 100kg bag since oo, But I was in Niger State, Minna market, I was in Delta state, Kwale, warri market, I was in KOGI state Lokoja market, I was in Taraba Sabon gida/Wukari/Tela market, no one answered LOL!

But immediately I entered Nassarawa Lafia state market few days ago and post it, everywhere scattered, fight started. I know the feeling, people want to learn.

The bag I always quote in all Grains is the 100kg bag. I wonder why up till now, no one has been able to calculate the MATRIX even my good friend @dPATHFINDER. It was only @CHIDINMAE though it took CHIDINMAE some time but she tried.
I go to different markets nationwide, north, east, south and West. 70% of these markets uses the 100kg bag. All elderly market women are very familiar with that bag Nationwide.

This bags in Nassarawa state are schemish, if you no Sabi market you'll not understand the market until you reach house, your eyes will now clear.

This thing I'm about to say, even the Nassarawa women buyers don't understand this because they sell with the same bags they buy with unlike us from the south and the east that sell with the 100kg bag.

EVERYONE SHOULD FOCUS NOW...
The bags for Nassarawa market are;
Size 29 (160kg), size 30/31 (170kg) and size 32/33 their biggest bag (180kg) it's not even up to 200kg.

WHAT THIS MEANS IS THEIR BIGGEST BAG SIZE 33 IS NOT UP TO FILL SOUTHEAST 2 BAGS (100kg)

Do you understand matrix?

Ok if there biggest bag is
180kg = 40k today market (5/8/2021)
To buy empty bag=200
To sign bag for office=500
To Shaking bag=1k,
To Sewing bag= 300
To load for motor per bag=300
To buy tickets per bag÷200
Money for land agbero =200
Nail agbero=200
Vehicle transport from market=500
Boys to offload it when you get to your place we're you gather your market=100 per bag

Total = 43,500 per Nassarawa biggest size bag

And transportation or waybill home have not added, LOL!

YOU SEE PLENTY PAY PAY UNLIKE OTHER MARKETS I BUY MARKET. NASSARAWA MARKET PAY PAY IS THE HIGHEST.

But now you're shock why my bag cheap abi? Yes! My 100kg Egusi bag is cheaper at 20k.

Check it below;
If 180kg biggest bag cost 43,500
Then 43,500 divided by 180kg
= 241x100kg

Then My 100kg bag supposed be =24,166

But I'm posting=20,000

The fact is, f you do not negotiate with farmers to buy Egusi from Nassarawa, you'll never make any profit from Lafia Egus if you'are a constant buying and selling dealers like us.
Unless you do only storage.

You'll have shortage of 20kg per bag you buy if you are even lucly they didn't sell a small bag for you at the rate of big one.

You'll also have shortage because they'll hide rotten green melon in the middle of the bag.

You'll also have shortage because they'll put undried melon at the bottom of the bag.

You'll also have shortage if the middle man and bag shaker is the same tribe with the seller. They'll use language so that the bag shaker will not shaking bag very well. And 90% of middle men are same tribe.

You'll also have shortage if wheelbarrow boy hide some bags and run away, this happens in everywhere though.

So me I don't rely my buying only from only market.

SO I DISCUSS WITH FARMERS AND BUY MY MARKET WITH 100KG BAGS TO AVOID SHORTAGE DIRECTLY FROM THEIR FARMS. .

These bags will kill you if you dare buy market with it and sell market with it to our market women in the south east. The point is, if you supply Egusi with these Nassarawa bags to south east, these market women don catch you mugu LOL! They'll carry FILTER or PAINTER or CUSTARD to measure the content of these bags because they're not familiar with these bags but I must tell you, YOU'LL REGRET WHY YOU JOIN EGUSI BUSINESS, because market women will use both hands, elbows and knees and chest to press the content down the container, during the measurements.
And when this happens, 50% of your money is already gone.

I don't want to argue with anyone because after buying Egusi, WHAT NEXT?

HAHA! You will TIE APRON ENTER MARKET TO SELL IT... it's then you'll understand the language of old market women. It fact because Egusi is not essential food item so if you don't have plenty customers like some of us, you'll have to eat your Egusi yourself because some of these market women already have their suppliers and if you compel them to buy from you, they will buy debt and we all know the story when it's time for payment.

All these things I've been saying, the Tivi farmers from these Nassarawa area do not have any idea of how you are going to sell the Egusi after buying from them All they know is buying buying buying from them, pay cash.

You see, that was the reason we created this thread just like what we did during palm oil storage, after everyone stock up their storage, both those who stored with us and those that buy from us and we teach them to store it themselves.. when

THE HARDEST STAGE IN STORAGE BUSINESS STARTS,

We started buying the palm oil we sold to them because we have plenty customers. Because until you enter market to sell to these eldery women, you'll not understand especially if you are a man.

Have you ever ponder why they call this Egusi Ibo Egusi?

It's because it's only Ndigbo land you can sell this Egusi after buying it here and make your money and profit. Yorubas 80% prefer Niger state melon. We have supplied Niger melon peeled
and unpeeled several times to mile 12 market.

I remember last year when Ibo people stop coming to buy market here in Lafia, my worker lamented to me via phone. Lol

So I urge everyone with a sincere heart to shield their sword. ITS ENOUGH. Lets us focus together and plan on how to sell our Egusi after buying storage. We still have plans of buying it from you after storage.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 12:22am On Aug 06, 2021
More Lectures coming soon...
Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 1:17am On Aug 06, 2021
wink

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 1:22am On Aug 06, 2021
wink wink

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 1:24am On Aug 06, 2021
wink

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 1:54am On Aug 06, 2021
See below palm oil sample

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 7:02am On Aug 06, 2021
OUR PALM OIL IS GRADE-1

We carried original palm oil enter Minna Niger state palm oil market, on seeing the quality of life palm oil (no mix mix with chemical and color) all the marketers gather us vex carry all the kegs lock it up inside shop. LOL!
Saying we want to spoil market for them...that why we go carry this kind original palm oil come open market.

Immediately them gather body, and we calculate and they pay us in cash. There's something I like about palm oil Marketers, They always pay in cash immediately no matter how huge the amount unless you insist on bank.

So we don't want to repeat it here in Lafia because no matter what, somebody have to be A GENTLE MAN AND RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE MODE OF OPERATING THEIR BUSINESS.

So we went with that small sample to show them and discussing was successful. They've booked order with us.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 7:56am On Aug 06, 2021
EGUSI LECTURE 101

I want to start teaching Egusi now to avoid quarrel. Ok lets begin. Please everyone should pardon any grammar error. Na market class. Thank you.

Good day everyone,

The events of the previous days is heartbreaking but nevertheless, it's good to disagree and finally Agree.

Egusi business is very wide. But in this business, the
BUYING AND STORING
is the easiest part.

It really pains me that there is a fighting in my thread in this easiest stage BUYING AND STORING.

The plans I have on this thread is really different from the plans on some people mind. First stage of things, fighting and name calling have already started.

Let me use this lectures to clarify and teach some things about the market. Top secret.

This am about to say here is top secret known by only our hausa market people (as they call us back home)

I have been posting 100kg bag since oo, But I was in Niger State, Minna market, I was in Delta state, Kwale, warri market, I was in KOGI state Lokoja market, I was in Taraba Sabon gida/Wukari/Tela market, no one answered LOL!

But immediately I entered Nassarawa Lafia state market few days ago and post it, everywhere scattered, fight started. I know the feeling, people want to learn.

The bag I always quote in all Grains is the 100kg bag. I wonder why up till now, no one has been able to calculate the MATRIX even my good friend @dPATHFINDER. It was only @CHIDINMAE though it took CHIDINMAE some time but she tried.
I go to different markets nationwide, north, east, south and West. 70% of these markets uses the 100kg bag. All elderly market women are very familiar with that bag Nationwide.

This bags in Nassarawa state are schemish, if you no Sabi market you'll not understand the market until you reach house, your eyes will now clear.

This thing I'm about to say, even the Nassarawa women buyers don't understand this because they sell with the same bags they buy with unlike us from the south and the east that sell with the 100kg bag.

EVERYONE SHOULD FOCUS NOW...
The bags for Nassarawa market are;
Size 29 (160kg), size 30/31 (170kg) and size 32/33 their biggest bag (180kg) it's not even up to 200kg.

WHAT THIS MEANS IS THEIR BIGGEST BAG SIZE 33 IS NOT UP TO FILL SOUTHEAST 2 BAGS (100kg)

Do you understand matrix?

Ok if there biggest bag is
180kg = 40k today market (5/8/2021)
To buy empty bag=200
To sign bag for office=500
To Shaking bag=1k,
To Sewing bag= 300
To load for motor per bag=300
To buy tickets per bag÷200
Money for land agbero =200
Nail agbero=200
Vehicle transport from market=500
Boys to offload it when you get to your place we're you gather your market=100 per bag

Total = 43,500 per Nassarawa biggest size bag

And transportation or waybill home have not added, LOL!

YOU SEE PLENTY PAY PAY UNLIKE OTHER MARKETS I BUY MARKET. NASSARAWA MARKET PAY PAY IS THE HIGHEST.

But now you're shock why my bag cheap abi? Yes! My 100kg Egusi bag is cheaper at 20k.

Check it below;
If 180kg biggest bag cost 43,500
Then 43,500 divided by 180kg
= 241x100kg

Then My 100kg bag supposed be =24,166

But I'm posting=20,000

The fact is, f you do not negotiate with farmers to buy Egusi from Nassarawa, you'll never make any profit from Lafia Egus if you'are a constant buying and selling dealers like us.
Unless you do only storage.

You'll have shortage of 20kg per bag you buy if you are even lucly they didn't sell a small bag for you at the rate of big one.

You'll also have shortage because they'll hide rotten green melon in the middle of the bag.

You'll also have shortage because they'll put undried melon at the bottom of the bag.

You'll also have shortage if the middle man and bag shaker is the same tribe with the seller. They'll use language so that the bag shaker will not shaking bag very well. And 90% of middle men are same tribe.

You'll also have shortage if wheelbarrow boy hide some bags and run away, this happens in everywhere though.

So me I don't rely my buying only from only market.

SO I DISCUSS WITH FARMERS AND BUY MY MARKET WITH 100KG BAGS TO AVOID SHORTAGE DIRECTLY FROM THEIR FARMS. .

These bags will kill you if you dare buy market with it and sell market with it to our market women in the south east. The point is, if you supply Egusi with these Nassarawa bags to south east, these market women don catch you mugu LOL! They'll carry FILTER or PAINTER or CUSTARD to measure the content of these bags because they're not familiar with these bags but I must tell you, YOU'LL REGRET WHY YOU JOIN EGUSI BUSINESS, because market women will use both hands, elbows and knees and chest to press the content down the container, during the measurements.
And when this happens, 50% of your money is already gone.

I don't want to argue with anyone because after buying Egusi, WHAT NEXT?

HAHA! You will TIE APRON ENTER MARKET TO SELL IT... it's then you'll understand the language of old market women. It fact because Egusi is not essential food item so if you don't have plenty customers like some of us, you'll have to eat your Egusi yourself because some of these market women already have their suppliers and if you compel them to buy from you, they will buy debt and we all know the story when it's time for payment.

All these things I've been saying, the Tivi farmers from these Nassarawa area do not have any idea of how you are going to sell the Egusi after buying from them All they know is buying buying buying from them, pay cash.

You see, that was the reason we created this thread just like what we did during palm oil storage, after everyone stock up their storage, both those who stored with us and those that buy from us and we teach them to store it themselves.. when

THE HARDEST STAGE IN STORAGE BUSINESS STARTS,

We started buying the palm oil we sold to them because we have plenty customers. Because until you enter market to sell to these eldery women, you'll not understand especially if you are a man.

Have you ever ponder why they call this Egusi Ibo Egusi?

It's because it's only Ndigbo land you can sell this Egusi after buying it here and make your money and profit. Yorubas 80% prefer Niger state melon. We have supplied Niger melon peeled
and unpeeled several times to mile 12 market.

I remember last year when Ibo people stop coming to buy market here in Lafia, my worker lamented to me via phone. Lol

So I urge everyone with a sincere heart to shield their sword. ITS ENOUGH. Lets us focus together and plan on how to sell our Egusi after buying storage. We still have plans of buying it from you after storage.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
PRICE UPDATE 6/8/2021

* Egusi - 100kg bag
(Peeled) = 42k

* Egusi - 100kg bag (Unpeel-Lafia-for-storage)
= 20k

* Palm oil (25 Litres)= 16k5

* Corn - 100kg bag
(yellow) = 28k

* Corn - 100kg bag
(White) = 26k

* Paddy Rice
=26k

* LIVESTOCK;
Pending... Till September

* Contact us;
WhatsApp; 08083031185
Call; 08134037729
Call; 08068479653

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
THE LONG AWAITING EGUSI STORAGE HAVE STARTED...THIS IS A PHYSICAL BUSINESS NOT BITCOIN OO. YOU CAN CHECK TO SEE YOUR INVESTMENT ANYTIME.

Please investment is very good most especially if it's food related. After all we EAT several times on a daily basis

We are currently stocking these high quality unpeeled Egusi seeds well prepared, treated and package by our farmers for Storage for you during this month of August 2021.

Now immediately Egusi begins to hit high, minimum from December, we'll advice our investors to start selling their Egusi stockpile batch by batch till the last bag, just as we just finished doing last month for our Palm oil investors.

Your Profit is 70%

Our Services fee is 30%

-- The buying and treatment of Egusi suitable for storage,
-- We have the bags,
-- The preserving know how, -- The Warehouse,
-- The Security,
-- and the Selling.

Storage Business is very profitable if you do it well.

* Contact us;
WhatsApp; 08083031185
Call; 08134037729
Call; 08068479653

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 11:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
HOW TO BUY AND SELL EGUSI ON SMALL SCALE BASIS

coming soon... �✍️

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2021
Good morning my business people,
As we are currently in Lafia buying Egusi for storage, today is market, Saturday for Minna, Niger state

Name of Market; Kasuwa Kure market.
Our worker over there'll be send us market commodities price and pictures,

Especially a pending order from Nairaland customer for POMO supplies to Benin.

We'll be uploading the information as it comes

Thank you

Hook up with us on WhatsApp for order

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Fk2021:
Good morning my business people,
As we are currently in Lafia buying Egusi for storage, today is market, Saturday for Minna, Niger state

Name of Market; Kasuwa Kure market.
Our worker over there'll be send us market commodities price and pictures,

Especially a pending order from Nairaland customer for POMO supplies to Benin.

We'll be uploading the information as it comes

Thank you

Hook up with us on WhatsApp for order

WE'RE ON OUR WAY FROM LAFIA TO MINNA TO PERSONAL HANDLE THE POMO ORDER AS THE PRICE INFORMATION WE'RE GETTING FROM OUR WORKER OVER THERE IS TOO HIGH.

THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
Welcome to MINNA... Thank God for safe arrival �

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
Currently in the market, POMO Processing Section...

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Buy Fresh = 18k
Processing = 500

Total = 18k5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Buy Fresh = 14k
Processing = 500

Total = 14k5

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
wink

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 6:46am On Aug 08, 2021
10 POMO was bought for our customer.

And it's currently going through processing to dry up
(2days I'll collect it)

Thank you

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
EGUSI STORAGE BUSINESS IS CURRENTLY ONGOING...

This is how some people where asking question upon question during palm oil storage... Until the storage program finished and plenty customers when participated benefit..

Now it's Egusi storage business season, and plenty have started Storage Business again some people have started asking question and question LOL!

Egusi storage business will soon pass you again and Pepper storage business season will start and after pepper, Beans will start.

It's your choice... You can be doubt and ask question and question and question all till the year 2021 storage business season will finish,
PEOPLE WILL MAKE MONEY... AND YOU'LL MAKE QUESTION.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
OUR PEOPLE HERE AND ABROAD, MOSTLY ABROAD ARE CHATTING ME FROM DIFFERENT LOCATION, OUR WHATSAPP IS ALWAY FULL WITH MESSAGES, MAKING ORDERS.
"HERE I AM... SEND ME"

ITS NOT EASY, THESE DAYS I HARDLY SLEEP BECAUSE OUR NIGHT IS THEIR DAY. MY DATA IS ALWAYS ON BECAUSE IF I OFF IT, THE PHONES WILL START TO RING.

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE SILENT RECOMMENDATION FROM YOU MY BUSINESS PEOPLE. THANK YOU.

THE WHATSAPP LINE REMAINS

THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 4:07am On Aug 09, 2021
HOW TO SELL GROUND EGUSI ON SMALL SCALE BASIS

coming soon... ✍️

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 4:41am On Aug 09, 2021
How to start Ground Melon Business

Another way of doing melon business is by packaging ground egusi in nylon or container.

Ground egusi business is not very popular the few you can see is in the market where market women and men who are into egusi business grind some of the egusi seed for sale to consumers who are always available to buy.

Because with this cooking soup becomes very simple and quick. The ground egusi is more purchased than the ungrounded ones. It is only people who buy in bulk that purchase ungrounded ones or those who are not ready to use it immediately.

The demand for ground egusi is high.
People who are into the business are not many and are only in secluded areas such as in the markets and small shops. What happens to major malls, super food stores and the rest Meaning the competition in this business is low. Thereby giving opportunity for more returns.

You can easily make quick money in ground melon business and you will see the money in fact you can even see the profit before disposing them.
It is highly profitable. A cup of egusi seed of #200 when grounded will produce #400. What do you think when you buy them in bags. I will advice that you buy in bags for more profit.

If you are starting small #20,000 is enough for a start at least is enough to buy quarter or half bag. But if you are starting large from #100,000 and above is good for a start.

WHAT YOU NEED TO START
Melon (egusi)
Nylon/container
Bowl
Sealing machine
Labels
Grinding machine
Light

PROCEDURE
Use a well dried melon, when the egusi makes some noise or breaks easily when pressure is applied you can be sure it is completely dried.
Grind them in big engine if you don’t have one then take it to commercial grinders to grind for you. Big engines will grind them to powder whereas other machines will make them sticky.
Do not package immediately after grinding, spread them out for airing.
Also don’t grind them down in large quantities, grind only the ones you can dispose quickly. Because the taste fades faster and you will be left with egusi that is sour or does not have a desired taste.

Use a strong nylon or a transparent container and package them.. Place a label on it. Some how, I wont say make it airtight because melon needs air to be in form.

Supply to super markets, super stores, shopping malls etc. Advertise online in other to get a wider coverage.

Package ungrounded peeled melon seeds inside a nylon or container and supply to foodstuff stores.

Thank you for reading

1 Like

Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2021
We live in the NORTH...

Tugangoro, Chanchanga,
Minna, Niger State

Please call only these numbers;
+2348083031185
+2348134037729
Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Office & Warehouse location;

Palm oil;
Yanga Market, Isoko South,
Delta state.

Grains & Livestocks;
Tugangoro, Chanchanga, Minna, Niger state

+2348083031185
+2348134037729
Re: EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria by Fk2021(m): 7:50am On Aug 09, 2021
Disclaimer;

To all our esteemed customers, please note,

WE DO NOT HAVE MARKETING AGENTS YET OO.

Anyone contacting you with FK Agro outside these our platform is FALSE.

Please take note.

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply)

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) / Rotimi Williams Is Kereksuk Rice Farm Nasarawa Owner / What Do You Call This Fruit? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.