Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,440 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia (63872 Views)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Krismas:
cool U see, u are stylishly stammering. U say Dangote control 60% of market shares? Then there is no better way to ruin him, than competitors lowering prices. It happened to Gala. Nothing stops the rest from producing a formidable front against him, Many of them were in the business b4 him. But u see, they are enjoyihg it.
Cement is a undifferentiated product. Dangote would win any price war because he has deeper pockets. The only solution is to bring more companies into the industry or allow imports. Stop reasoning like a monkey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
The size of the economy doesn't matter. Cement price is selling for between 1,500 and 1,900 in South Africa, which is a large economy like Nigeria.

Let me ask you a question

If you produced something for N10 and then you sell it for N20, you ae making a profit right?

What if after running some tests, you discover that that instead of selling for N20, you can sell for N1000 and demand will not be affected, will you say because it is not right you will not sell at N1000?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Sigh, you have to understand something called the demand curve. When prices are kept artificially high, demand will be at an artificially low level. This is why you need heavy competition in the industry.
Seriously Sir
I loveee your arguments
I'd love to have you as a Mentor
Nigerians have to understand so far we keep being foolish,those people will keep getting Richer..
I only have to be like Tinubu to be as Rich as Tinubu
We don't get that this people are not really using juju,they're just leveraging on our foolishness and docility doused in ignorance.
We are very ignorant in this Country.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

Wow that's working the talk
Highly commendable.
We Nigerians have to not just put it in mind that we're being cheated but do our parts in getting justice
Really you're highly commendable

I have been preaching about himself and his covers friends since 2007...and how they runner the country down by rigging it.

His bosom bodies... Otedola. J. Ovia

Collectively they damaged and ruined the Stock Market rigging the stock market that's where the surge to becoming one of the richest. Ovia gets kick backs. His bank never open the books and benefits as beneficiaries of transactions

Check the back end. Ovia is the mastermind of all Dangote activities. Because it's an oligarchy complex. They have individual interests and support one and other ruthlessly to get their objectives irrespective of the costs. Don't be shocked their unisom is tied in blood deep beyond the physical world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by maxxx(m): 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaszplus12:

A particular tribe are not happy because it's not their person that's enjoying the monopoly...if it were... hmmnmm they would have said how no one else can be smarter than them!! Would not have referred to it as wickedness but as business acumen!!
This contribution is not an intelligent one. The cement we are talking about Hausa,igbo,yoruba,ijaw,efik,fulani,tivi,igala,ibibio,urhobo,edo,itshekiri,kanuri,idoma, etc all buy it at the exorbitant rate it is being sold to us.So don't be myopic and understand that this act by dangote has the potential to stop you,me etc from being serial house owners.As we talk now there is serious shortage of houses in Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

If you produced something for N10 and then you sell it for N20, you ae making a profit right?

What if after running some tests, you discover that that instead of selling for N20, you can sell for N1000 and demand will not be affected, will you say because it is not right you will not sell at N1000?

The problem is that he used corruption to kick other players out of the industry. Look. Every modern country has consumer protection laws to prevent price gouging and ensure competition in the economy -- im simply arguing for the same in Nigeria. Stop reasoning like a monkey and use common sense please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by CocoaOla: 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
It is a oligopoly (limited competition) not a monopoly. But Oligopoly is just as bad as monopoly because the few producers can coordinate with each other to keep prices high. Also note that Dangote's market share in the southern part of the country is pure monopoly. BUA Group sells mostly in the North and LaFarge only sells to civil engineering companies -- they don't usually do residential.
wow can't believe we still have intelligent people like you in Nigeria God bless you please don't stop your Good work if we can enlightened more Nigeria then we can break this shackles we can be the best country in the world

Take this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Yankee101: 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
Naija set up is a scam

If others want to form a different country now they'll say it's secession

The Dangotes and Otedola's are part of Nigeria's problems

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

But you know it shouldn't be on something as basic as this with a national influence, that's pure greed and cheating na.
We should be practicing Indigenization and not monopoly na..
We want to hide under Capitalist economy but really na Gerontocratic/Monopolistic Nigeria dey run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

That's why market liberalisation is the way to go...
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by ezewealth(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

Obviously you don't know the detergent industry. Kiln was 20 Naira for atleast a decade. Do your homework. From 2002 to 2014,kiln remained at 20 Naira.
which home work, this is my business oga. around 2002 klin 16g was sold at 5naira, 25g 10#, 65g 20#
now kiln 16g is 30#, 25 is 50Naira, 65g is 100# while 100g is 120#. know their net weigh before u talk to me oga. don't just mention kiln is sold at 20# since 2002
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:

The problem is that he used corruption to kick other players out of the industry. Look. Every modern country has consumer protection laws to prevent price gouging and ensure competition in the economy -- im simply arguing for the same in Nigeria. Stop reasoning like a monkey and use common sense please.

Bro

A lot of Nigerians don't understand economics beyond the basics

I saw over ten pages washed with cost of production Bla Bla bla

But, these bit with don't know Dangote keeps running to the stock market to raise 50 billion 10 trillion. The essence of the stock isn't just to boost productivity.. It has so so many advantages that benefits a nation, enterprises far beyond the scope of understanding of the average Nigerian and by this, that his commodity price keeps soaring is something that is... Unacceptable, dubious and fraudulent
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2021
ezewealth:

which home work, this is my business oga. around 2002 klin 16g was sold at 10naira, 25g 20#, 65g 50#
now kiln 16g is 30#, 25 is 50Naira, 65g is 100# while 100g is 120#. know their net weigh before u talk to me oga. don't just mention kiln is sold at 20# since 2002

Smiles. Kin satches Oga was 20 Naira for a decade. It's your business, I'm an economist and an industrial chemist. Why kiln prices later soared if I begin to break it down e go pass your mind. Go do your research. You dey weigh your own kiln buy?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

I have been preaching about himself and his covers friends since 2007...and how they runner the country down by rigging it.

His bosom bodies... Otedola. J. Ovia

Collectively they damaged and ruined the Stock Market rigging the stock market that's where the surge to becoming one of the richest. Ovia gets kick backs. His bank never open the books and benefits as beneficiaries of transactions

Check the back end. Ovia is the mastermind of all Dangote activities. Because it's an oligarchy complex. They have individual interests and support one and other ruthlessly to get their objectives irrespective of the costs. Don't be shocked their unisom is tied in blood deep beyond the physical world

Mehnn Nigeria is soo shitty
When I stopped heavily blaming these men was when I read an Article from 1997 around March, one with Tinubu in it,like these men have been active back to back,we've been resilient for long in this Country,these men were once youth's but right from then,they've been doing these things and what did Nigerians do??
Almost nothing,they left them to "God" till they became the old men of today and now we're shouting gerontocracy,these men have all been on for years and Nigerians as usual have only been complaining without taking actions,now those men are almost untouchable..

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by stanluiz(m): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
Nice one Aconomist for exposing that fraud and evil Monopoly called dangote.

Dangote has exploited Nigerians with his expensive cement price. Enough is Enough! This has to stop!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by CSTRR: 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

That is why regulators is important.

Try it in America and you may go to jail or pay huge huge fines.

In Nigeria, the regulators have dinners with him and can't regulate him.

That you can, does not mean you should.

Profits are not absolute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

Mehnn Nigeria is soo shitty
When I stopped heavily blaming these men was when I read an Article from 1997 around March, one with Tinubu in it,like these men have been active back to back,we've been resilient for long in this Country,these men were once youth's but right from then,they've been doing these things and what did Nigerians do??
Almost nothing,they left them to "God" till they became the old men of today and now we're shouting gerontocracy,these men have all been on for years and Nigerians as usual have only been complaining without taking actions,now those men are almost untouchable..

Unless the country disintegrates nothing can be done. Since the stock market for example became sick since 2007,it has remained sick and that's the bedrock of where innovativeness, enterprise meets financial resources. Tell me, how will the country not be sick.

Nigeria needs to disintegrate for so many good reasons. If it doesn't come, Nigeria will never move forward at its right pace
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

But you know it shouldn't be on something as basic as this with a national influence, that's pure greed and cheating na.
We should be practicing Indigenization and not monopoly na..
We want to hide under Capitalist economy but really na Gerontocratic/Monopolistic Nigeria dey run

It is what it is.

Dangote is not a nationalist. He is a businessman. A ruthless one at that. With a stranglehold on monopoly.

Its his ship to sail. You either buy from him or you don't. Period.

Its not greed. Its just business. Don't blame the player. Blame the game that created the player.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by TSBO: 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Sigh, you have to understand something called the demand curve. When prices are kept artificially high, demand will be at an artificially low level. This is why you need heavy competition in the industry. Cement is supposed to be a low margin industry where you sell massive volume to make a profit, not an industry where you produce below capacity and jack up prices.

Lol @ demand curve. I understand you, but that's one postulation as to why demand is low. As you would know, there are probably other factors responsible as well. Not saying price isn't.

This fight should probably be with the Government. They make the policies. And I'm sure they have their reasons - however sincere, dishonest, thoughtful or unreasonable those policies might be.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Staphylococcus: 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
winterfell007:

You are not smart. it's very obvious. the major reason why they can't cut their prices is because Dangote controls more than 60% of the market share. he determines the price. That's why he's regarded as a monopolist. Have you ever wondered why Dangote exited from the noodles market, the flour market, water business and the juice business? the answer is simple. they were other serious players in each of the aforementioned business.
Dangote likes to play in a business where he's clearly the market leader so that we can determine the price whenever he likes. This is a huge economic malpractices.
I guess you wouldn't understand this, you aren't that smart afterall

You are trying hard to sound brilliant. So Dangote happens to determine price for cement because he controls the largest price? Who thought you this economics? Does MTN being the largest network in Nigeria control prices? Or Glo and Airtel dont come with competitive rates. Your foolishness is trying to say Toyota controls market prices of cars cos it has the largest share of the market

Your economics teacher should be killed

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

It is what it is.

Dangote is not a nationalist. He is a businessman. A ruthless one at that. With a stranglehold on monopoly.

Its not greed. Its just business. Don't blame the player. Blame the game that created the player.

Why are you dancing around in circles

If Dangote were in Russia, since a decade he would have been locked up. He can go to his South Africa, Zambia to buy clout. He knows where not to go. He knows.

Make he go Germany, Russia, he will see the devil wearing Tims

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2021
Staphylococcus:

You are trying hard to sound brilliant. So Dangote happens to determine price for cement because he controls the largest price? Who thought you this economics? Does MTN being the largest network in Nigeria control prices? Or Glo and Airtel dont come with competitive rates. Your foolishness is trying to say Toyota controls market prices of cars cos it has the largest share of the market

Your economics teacher should be killed

Calm down. When you control integral market share of any production enterprise, you control the price.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Staphylococcus: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2021
wman:

1. Chevron and Shell do not sell refined products.

2.Fuel is cheaper in Nigeria due to government subsidy.

smh...

I am laughing at you.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by vioment: 10:53pm On Apr 06, 2021
CSTRR:

Stop posting nonsense.
Dangote is not a start up company that needs to settle everybody.

He enjoys govt support to the fullest.

Any omo-onile or traditional ruler that tries to frustrate him would face the army in minute.

Stop making unintelligent argument.

Infact, he has it better in Nigeria than in other parts of Africa.

Power is not a valid excuse.
His plants are ran by gas. Gas is cheap in Nigeria especially at dangote's level of connection and purchase.

You posted thrash too.

Keep living in your denial world.

The earlier you understand that we are backward in many categories, the better we will have a handle of the collective growth.

What about the logistics of doing business in a somewhat timely manner. From manufacturing to delivery.

Even with all his connection, you still see how extra difficult it is to keep the business running.

I don't think greed is the main reason for the price difference. And even currency difference is not really the case here.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 10:53pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

It is what it is.

"The Game" laced with greed and corruption, it won't change the fact that he's leveraging on "the Game" and when it gets to the national level as it is now,then you know that man has the power of price stability which is meant to be with the Government.
Take it or leave it,Dangote is a huge part of the Government and as long as we won't see that as a problem, we will keep suffering.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

Lol @ demand curve. I understand you, but that's one postulation as to why demand is low. As you would know, there are probably other factors responsible as well. Not saying price isn't.

This fight should probably be with the Government. They make the policies. And I'm sure they have their reasons - however sincere, dishonest, thoughtful or unreasonable they might be.

If the country were more Liberal, all of this won't exist. You can apply, conduct geological survey, if you discover limestone for example, you set up your plant, produce, visit the stock market, raise funds, scale up production

. But is this ever as open as this for new entrants where you have the oligarchs like Dangote?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

This fight should probably be with the Government. They make the policies. And I'm sure they have their reasons - however sincere, dishonest, thoughtful or unreasonable they might be.
The reason is that Dangote is bribing them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Richykaycee(m): 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
Country for the Elite Only,
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Krismas(m): 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
He is single-handedly destroying Nigeria. Building a road cost 4x what it cost in other countries. Building a hospital costs 3x and building a mall cost 2x.
. cool I don think so. construction companies run their own quarries, produce thier own cement. They dont depend on Dangote
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2021
vioment:

You posted thrash too.

Keep living in your denial world.

The earlier you understand that we are backward in many categories, the better we will have a handle of the collective growth.

What about the logistics of doing business in a somewhat timely manner. From manufacturing to delivery.

Even with all his connection, you still see how extra difficult it is to keep the business running.

I don't think greed is the main reason for the price difference. And even currency difference is not really the case here.

You're posting thrash.

Do you know when these guys go to your stock market to raise funds to plug into vacuum spaces in their productive chain they go for hundreds of billions and trillions in Naira.?

This funds are under paid their actual Profitable value in Dividends, used to generate profit and yet commodity prices continue to soar

Thank with your sense na. Make I slap you? angry
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2021
Krismas:
. cool I don think so. construction companies run their own quarries, produce thier own cement. They dont depend on Dangote
Which company are you talking about?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by TSBO: 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

"The Game" laced with greed and corruption, it won't change the fact that he's leveraging on "the Game" and when it gets to the national level as it is now,then you know that man has the power of price stability which is meant to be with the Government.
Take it or leave it,Dangote is a huge part of the Government and as long as we won't see that as a problem, we will keep suffering.

Then shouldn't this agitation be directed at the government. If it was not Dangote, it would likely be someone else. That's just how it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Omoaefe Ejere Celebrates First Daughter's Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Covid-19- Poor Organization At Polaris Bank, Shomolu Lagos State / Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.