Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia (63830 Views)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
The reason is that Dangote is bribing them.

Or rather he has every agency in his pocket so is fully aware of everything that threatens his advantage...
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
CSTRR:

That is why regulators is important.

Try it in America and you may go to jail or pay huge huge fines.

In Nigeria, the regulators have dinners with him and can't regulate him.

That you can, does not mean you should.

Profits are not absolute.

The only reason you wont take a decision is because it could potentially come back to hurt you ahead.

If you determine that a certain markup has potentially disastrous tendencies for your business, you would desist.

But it would only be foolish to leave money on the table when its just there for the taking.

Dnagote is a Capitalist. A Capitalist doing national and continental things. He is going to need to markup as much as he possibly can to squeeze every ounce of profit he can.

For Dangote its go big or go home. You've all seen what he's doing with his refinery.

He didnt get there by being sentimental.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

Then shouldn't this agitation be directed at the government. If it was not Dangote, it would likely be someone else. That's just how it is.

Speculative.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

Then shouldn't this agitation be directed at the government. If it was not Dangote, it would likely be someone else. That's just how it is.
Dangote has agents inside the government. He is basically part of the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

Unless the country disintegrates nothing can be done. Since the stock market for example became sick since 2007,it has remained sick and that's the bedrock of where innovativeness, enterprise meets financial resources. Tell me, how will the country not be sick.

Nigeria needs to disintegrate for so many good reasons. If it doesn't come, Nigeria will never move forward at its right pace
I don't think Nigeria needs to disintegrate nope,I think wat we solely need is to be sensitized,the major issue is bad Government, let's start from there,let us start sensitizing people now on those running for the next elections and say oh Mr A will be a better candidate, please coke out and vote for Mr A,don't let thunder strike you while collecting that 10k bribe,if it doesn't strike you it will strike your generations to the 5th,since we're so supernatural yes.
Let's start from there.
Next is check smaller problems like this Bank own now,let us call out Banks and shout on their heads,for example EcoBank,why in God's name will their ATM 80% times be empty,why??
Other ones too,these are minor issues we overlook that are ripping us off
Next is Petrol Station's, call them out and protest,why are they collecting #50 for Kegs whyyy
Like that like that,just watch it
We never even talk of road blocks and extortions ooo
Power is with the masses but we won't use it.
We have to understand the problem is individual not tribal,if we disintegrate I can bet it with you,we will be on for a Rollercoaster ride.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

The only reason you wont take a decision is because it could potentially come back to hurt you ahead.

If you determine that a certain markup has potentially disastrous tendencies for your business, you would desist.

But it would only be foolish to leave money on the table when its just there for the taking.

Dnagote is a Capitalist. A Capitalist doing national and continental things. He is going to need to markup as much as he possibly can to squeeze every ounce of profit he can.

For Dangote its go big or go home. You've all seen what he's doing with his refinery.

He didnt get there by being sentimental.

It's not a philosophy class. Stop playing semantics

Even the refinery is expected to push him to become the richest in the planet

No one beefs him. He should just stop killing Nigerians to make a buck

Simple as ABC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

Dangote is at the fore front and as it is,our governments are handicapped when it comes to him so it is okay to unleash our aggression on him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

I don't think Nigeria needs to disintegrate nope,I think wat we solely need is to be sensitized,the major issue is bad Government, let's start from there,let us start sensitizing people now on those running for the next elections and say oh Mr A will be a better candidate, please coke out and vote for Mr A,don't let thunder strike you while collecting that 10k bribe,if it doesn't strike you it will strike your generations to the 5th,since we're so supernatural yes.
Let's start from there.
Next is check smaller problems like this Bank own now,let us call out Banks and shout on their heads,for example EcoBank,why in God's name will their ATM 80% times be empty,why??
Other ones too,these are minor issues we overlook that are ripping us off
Next is Petrol Station's, call them out and protest,why are they collecting #50 for Kegs whyyy
Like that like that,just watch it
We never even talk of road blocks and extortions ooo
Power is with the masses but we won't use it.
We have to understand the problem is individual not tribal,if we disintegrate I can bet it with you,we will be on for a Rollercoaster ride.

Trust me.

I'm well versed and deep beyond what I can make time to begin to explain the advantages

Nigeria needs to disintegrate to function productively as a civilised society should. Until then, Nigeria will at best dillydally

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by ezewealth(m): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

Smiles. Kin satches Oga was 20 Naira for a decade. It's your business, I'm an economist and an industrial chemist. Why kiln prices later soared if I begin to break it down e go pass your mind. Go do your research. You dey weigh your own kiln buy?
oboy you just showed your ignorance. which one be say " I dey weight my own kiln buy". upon all your education you don't know all products have their net weigh?. abeg no embarrass yourself further. I have worked in nafdac (NYSC). food unit, chemical unit, veterinary unit, drug evaluation unit. let me educate you, klin comes in different quantities 16g, 25g, 65g, 120g and more. the ones that are more saturated in the market is 16g, 25g and 120g. I know no the economist you be

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Dangote has agents inside the government. He is basically part of the government.
Oh see Sir
We think alike
Quote me now cry
You've not replied me since Sir,my esteem oooo,ooo nooo cry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by chrisxxx(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
elGenius:
Op is just being mischievous and petty, or maybe ignorant.

let me enlighten you.

say you are an international business man selling product "A" to your country and country "Bc"

if the fuel price, electricity cost, tax and salary budget in your country is almost 2 or 3 times that of country "Bc", according to the law of cost, expenses, profit and all the economy brouhaha , will you still sell the product at the same price?

if not which country will "A" be cheaper??

this is common sense.

and Aba man who sells shoes in Lagos - imported through the port - and in his home town Aba, where do you think his shoes will be cheaper.

it's all about the expenses and profit.
Can you help us to tell Dangote to apply comparative cost advantage?
Produce in Zambia and import to Nigeria he will still be able to sell cheap and even with profit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
ezewealth:

oboy you just showed your ignorance. which one be say " I dey weight my own kiln buy". upon all your education you don't know all products have their net weigh?. abeg no embarrass yourself further. I have worked in nafdac (NYSC). food unit, chemical unit, veterinary unit, drug evaluation unit. let me educate you, klin comes in different quantities 16g, 25g, 65g, 120g and more. the ones that are more saturated in the market is 16g, 25g and 120g. I know no the economist you be

Get lost.

Do you carry weight scales to measure your own kiln to buy it.

Abeg get lost if you no get anything talk. Kiln I've been on the tail since its entry to Nigeria na him you dey follow me. Argue

Abeg waka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by TSBO: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

If the country were more Liberal, all of this won't exist. You can apply, conduct geological survey, if you discover limestone for example, you set up your plant, produce, visit the stock market, raise funds, scale up production

. But is this ever as open as this for new entrants where you have the oligarchs like Dangote?

Probably not. But facing Dangote is like cutting branches to kill a tree..

And don't forget, lobbyists exist everywhere (at least virtually everywhere). cool

The buck really stops with the government.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
chrisxxx:
Can you help us to tell Dangote to apply comparative cost advantage?
Produce in Zambia and import to Nigeria he will still be able to sell cheap and even with profit

Hahahahahahahahaha. Thank you
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by TSBO: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

Dangote is at the fore front and as it is,our governments are handicapped when it comes to him so it is okay to unleash our aggression on him

Lol @ handicapped. But they can fine MTN billions. Okay o.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

Probably not. But facing Dangote is like cutting branches to kill a tree..

And don't forget, lobbyists exist everywhere (at least virtually everywhere). cool

The buck really just stops with the government.

So this is pure enterprise to you. Smh
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

Trust me.

I'm well versed and deep beyond what I can make time to begin to explain the advantages

Nigeria needs to disintegrate to function productively as a civilised society should. Until then, Nigeria will at best dillydally
There's the collective responsibility and there's the individual responsibility
I can tell you individually we're greedy and self centered,if we dare disintegrate ah Benin Republic will be the real Abroad to some people.
Separation is not what we need.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

Lol @ handicapped. But they can fine MTN billions. Okay o.
When it comes to Nigeria's matter,there are some comparisons that are ironic
Who owns MTN,who is Dangote?
Just look at this refinery stuff,left to me,na Nigeria dey pay the entire money for that Refinery
Dangote is highly favored na,on a National level,MTN for where,no na..
Next time compare Dangote and Tinubu or another magnanimous economic Influencer,walahi na the real Influencers be this
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

"The Game" laced with greed and corruption, it won't change the fact that he's leveraging on "the Game" and when it gets to the national level as it is now,then you know that man has the power of price stability which is meant to be with the Government.
Take it or leave it,Dangote is a huge part of the Government and as long as we won't see that as a problem, we will keep suffering.

But your Government has failed to live up to its responsibilities.

That's why individuals wile powers that should belong to the federation.

Let me digress a bit. Do you know that it is unconstitutional and illegal for individuals to own oil blocks. By the constitution of Nigeria, this very one we run now, it is an illegality. Yet we have individuals who we all celebrate, officially registered as Oil Block owners. No one is saying anything about that.
As a matter of fact, if you were to be given that opportunity, the knowledge that it is an illegality will not stop you. So wat exactly are saying.

That it is not right for an individual to take advantage of lapses that put him in prime position to benefit himself?

Please, we are just barking up the wrong tree.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

Exactly!
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucrativress:

There's the collective responsibility and there's the individual responsibility
I can tell you individually we're greedy and self centered,if we dare disintegrate ah Benin Republic will be the real Abroad to some people.
Separation is not what we need.

Sorry. Go mark it down someone said it. That Nigeria has to disintegrate to move forward.

Same way 2000/2001 I was crying that Obasanjo granting Dangote all he did then won't make him have competition and would have severe problems for the country back then even when almost only few people saw it is now playing before our eyes.

I'm saying it again by virtue of my depending knowledge of internal information, that Nigeria has to disintegrate to become optimally functional

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaszplus12(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
maxxx:

This contribution is not an intelligent one. The cement we are talking about Hausa,igbo,yoruba,ijaw,efik,fulani,tivi,igala,ibibio,urhobo,edo,itshekiri,kanuri,idoma, etc all buy it at the exorbitant rate it is being sold to us.So don't be myopic and understand that this act by dangote has the potential to stop you,me etc from being serial house owners.As we talk now there is serious shortage of houses in Nigeria .
Thank you for correcting me intelligently. And that's what I expected from those who live by breathing insulting words.
We're all striving to make things work... I'm not a citizen there but take Nigeria as my second home....soon be coming there to add my quota to the housing deficit....and Dangote won't be seeing our officials.... again...thank you
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by TSBO: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

So this is pure enterprise to you. Smh

Lol don't shake your head too much.

The business runs to make a profit, and you and I know that we usually cannot rely on businesses to do what would adversely affect their bottom line, even when if it is for the greater good (which is debatable).

My point is the government is the main culprit here, cos if it's not Dangote, someone else can just as easily be in that position.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
BluDesk:

It's not a philosophy class. Stop playing semantics

Even the refinery is expected to push him to become the richest in the planet

No one beefs him. He should just stop killing Nigerians to make a buck

Simple as ABC

Oh now so it that he is killing Nigerians.

The same Nigerians who rely on his factories to put food on their tabel?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

The business runs to make a profit, and you and I know that we usually cannot rely on businesses to do what would adversely affect their bottom line, even when if it is for the greater good (which is debatable).

My point is the government is the main culprit here, cos if it's not Dangote, someone else can just as easily be in that position.

Finally!

Someone thinking like a human being
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lucrativress(f): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Bingo!
Yipppeeeee!!! cheesy
I'm going to take note of your Moniker Sir,really enlightening
But I don't think you commented on that "the solution to Insecurities" thread
Would have loved to hear your view on it
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Oh now so it that he is killing Nigerians.

The same Nigerians who rely on his factories to put food on their tabel?

The price hike does what to Nigerians, tell me.

What bloody factories. Before Dangote, was Nigeria not producing everything he sint. Tell me

I met cement at 70 Naira in my life time. Not fairly tale

Go sit down abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:

The problem is that he used corruption to kick other players out of the industry. Look. Every modern country has consumer protection laws to prevent price gouging and ensure competition in the economy -- im simply arguing for the same in Nigeria. Stop reasoning like a monkey and use common sense please.

I don't have your time now.

Abo wa ba l'oro e
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by ezewealth(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
[quote author=BluDesk post=100558341]

Get lost.

Do you carry weight scales to measure your own kiln to buy it.

Abeg get lost if you no get anything talk. Kiln I've been on the tail since its entry to Nigeria na him you dey follow me. Argue

Abeg waka[/quo
nah now I know say I dey argue with an illiterate. A fool with always feel right in his own eyes.
i don waka
next time you buy klin, check for the net weight, it is boldly written. is mandatory
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by winterfell007(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
PAWG:

We’re not stupid, weren’t we importing the product before?

As we’re importing fuel has it made the commodity cheaper?

On the contrary, you're very stupid. Long before they started this local production agenda, imported cements were quite cheap and affordable in the 90s
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by BluDesk: 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2021
TSBO:

Hence why countries put systems in place to keep things in control. Forget everyone or anyone. Focus on the criminal in front of you. You ostrich

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Dangote Attends Ugochukwu Okika's Wedding, Son Of Biggest Cement Distributor / Omoaefe Ejere Celebrates First Daughter's Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.