Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? (40445 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Igbudu8: 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=samyj2477 post=100458944]beware of that your devilish uncle. I am even suspecting him. Don't even think of resigning that job.... if you resign, it will be the greatest mistake of ur life. Try as much as possible to always call home possibly daily, to know how ur mum is doing until she gets well. Make sure ur mum is given the best health treatment she deserves....

Don't even think of resigning that job, beware of ur uncle, I sense evil and I am not joking.[/quo

Don't be surprised that he might have a hand in ur mom's health issue. Just to use it as a trap to get u. Give your mom the best of medical care you can afford. But be very careful of your uncle.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:
Please house I need an advice.

Ever since I got a federal government job,

my relatives have been disturbing me for money.

There must always be an issue that involves money which they want me to solve.

Recently, my mom become sick.

They are threatening me that I would be held responsible if my mom dies,if I don't make sure she is cured.

But I have taken her to hospitals, and she is trying to recover.

I do this whenever I visit home since I am working in a state far from home.

Her health challenge is due to old age.

But today my uncle called me that I should resign, get back to the village and personally take care of my mom,

failure of which,if she dies, the whole family would hold me responsible for choosing job over my mom.

Can you imagine resigning your federal job to get to the village and start staying?

The calls, the demands, the attacks are getting too much for me.

Please should I just switch off my phone so that no one can contact me?

I just need advice?

Oga get someone in the village to always take care of your mum. Pay them 15k to 30k depending on your financial capacity.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by vickydevoka(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
liveyourlife007:
Today I learnt something. That to be great you have to be stingy.

Mogba Ahun Nimi
Eni ba temi je
Yes. Buh make sure you won't go down again or even fall sick ( chronic one).
If u get total dislocation and. Your. Wife leaves you my brother ma daat time you go remember your brother
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Zenithh: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
I am also against parents who go the extra mile telling ppl abt their childrens success. Parents should also learn to keep things to themselves and stop putting us in harms way. The world is vile.

MY final take

OP listen..in all that u do,,,never u switch off ur phone on ur relatives. Keep receiving their calls but u just have to be AS WISE AS A SERPENT.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by fortune1968: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
There is no way you can satisfy everybody . You must know that . Even if you give them your whole salary , they will still complain .You didn't tell us if you have siblings , if you do arrange with them how best you can take care of your mother and what facilities or fund that everyone must provide . NEVER use your money to establish business for ANYBODY . They will eat it up and come for more .
You need to curtail your interactions with people at home , especially , that your uncle . Nobody can hold anybody for someone death . Countries presidents with all living facilities have died while in office . You may also need to change your phone number or blacklist some people . Stop going home too often .
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by sigiyaya112: 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

A river that forgets it source will surely runs dry. You have to help your mum, God gave you that job to support your family.

If it were your girlfriend, you would help her without thinking twice.

You can divide your salary into half, and give your sister to start a Saloon business/ become a hair stylist.

The next salary, you divide it and assist your brothers or brother to open a trade.

In 3 months time, there wouldn't be pressure on you to help the family. It is not good for one person to be rich in a family, let the rich one help others to get rich.

You should send 50% of your last month salary to sustain your mum.

You don't know what she passed through before birthing you. She would never tell you.

Switch of your cell phone and regret it for life.

Send her half of your salary for her health and remain blessed for life.

Nairalanders, I don't need your likes and shares. Just read and pass.
Do you just open your mouth and rubbish will just start coming out from it, or are you actually a f00lish person for life angry angry angry
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by DabFrankNG: 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
OP you are fighting one of the common and most terrible enemies of we Africans - family/village people.

Your mum's sickness may even be orchestrated by them to act as a financial drain for you and may not stop till you have run down and your mum may even die in the process.

I strongly suggest that you relocate your mum permanently and tell her not to broadcast your success henceforth.

Also step up your spiritual life as distance is no barrier for spiritual monitoring/attack.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by naijadrivablog: 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
chatinent:
Bros, you are not from Bethlehem!

If I were you, I'll set up a provision store for mom to minimise the monthly expectations.

I can easily relate to what you mean.

Advise everyone of your relatives to go and WORK! Make them know you have your own life to live.

To be great, you have to be stingy.

Because if you fall now, those people will still abuse you that there's nothing you did from your Federal job for so and so years. They'll forget you helped them!

Best advice so far!
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
Very unreasonable or seemingly wicked People just look at it, where is humanity in our people, just looking for any excuse to cause misunderstanding and drama. I assume she is too old, i am not sure.

I advise, the best is if you can take your mother to a home that cares for old people, i wish there was such concept in Nigeria, or if you can afford it, maybe to your home, but you may need to pay a helper to take care of her.

I wish you the best.
lecturer50:

But today my uncle called me that I should resign, get back to the village and personally take care of my mom,

failure of which,if she dies, the whole family would hold me responsible for choosing job over my mom.

Can you imagine resigning your federal job to get to the village and start staying?

I just need advice?
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
I'll share my strategy. Shun everyone and work on becoming rich. No one will die because of this. Take care of you parents only to the best of your ability.

Once you hit gold. Package 50k in an envelop, and give to all those uncles and noisemaking relative.

All your years of shunning them will be forgotten, and you'll be the next best thing after already made Christmas rice.

Cheers
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by naijadrivablog: 12:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

A river that forgets it source will surely runs dry. You have to help your mum, God gave you that job to support your family.

You can divide your salary into half, and give your sister to start a Saloon business/ become a hair stylist.

The next salary, you divide it and assist your brothers or brother to open a trade.

In 3 months time, there wouldn't be pressure on you to help the family. It is not good for one person to be rich in a family, let the rich one help others to get rich.

You don't know what she passed through before birthing you. She would never tell you.

You are either naive, a kid or can't read.

Didn't you hear the part that he said he has been taking care of her

Why would the evil uncle tell him to resign come back to the village or if the mother dies, the young man would be held responsible

Op, do the one you can do. If you resign and go back to take care of your mother, with time, you cant help her financially, she will die one day and you will be useless.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ebuka78: 12:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
sigiyaya112:
Do you just open your mouth and rubbish will just start coming out from it, or are you actually a f00lish person for life angry angry angry

I helped the Op with some advice on how to reduce the pressure when next he receives a call about his mum's illness.

I am happy to be foolish.

What is this?

Turn your cell phone upside down, it becomes a 9.

Pick a point from my comment. That's just it.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by ekerintee: 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
Just do your best ,its foolishness for you to resign to Look after your mum.if you cant Take Care of her ,get somebody WHO can Help you and pay the Person Are you the only child ,the whole Family should contribute to Help your mum.If its Money she needs ,let people contribute ,If its Attention ,you people should get someone to be with her and Take Care of her .You shud also try to Visit her once in a while .i think its because you are single ,that is why they are disturbing you.When your mums time is Up,she will go.no Matter what you Spend or do,but in the mean time ,do your best and dont give so much concern about what people say .do your best does Not mean ,Send all your salaries Home

lecturer50:

They are threatening me that I would be held responsible if my mom dies,if I don't make sure she is cured.

I just need advice?
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by kkins25(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
lilvicky68:

Thumbs up.. family is everything
y dont you become the poorest in d family nd see what happens
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lilyheaven: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

True.

I called my mom and told her what my uncle said, she said I should not take him seriously.

Thanks
What if you bring your mom over to a hospital closer to you, treat her, she can go back to the village when she’s discharged from the hospital.
If you resign how would you send money to her?
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by showafrica(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?

Lolllol, the last line made me laugh so loud. My brother if switching off your phone will reduce the blood pressure, just do that. Your mom will prefer to die for you to stay alive. So fuxkkk everybody. If you are the only child, arrange a nani wey u go dey pay 10k monthly. If any other person ask of money, tell them govt is owing
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by webm: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:
What surprises me is that immediately I got the job, my mom started having health challenges.

I have observed it several times in different people.

When they are able to make a breakthrough in life (like getting a good job, graduation, financial breakthroughs),

something bad (like sickness or death) would affect their relatives, either the mom,dad,son, daughter or any close relative.

Please who else has noticed this, and why must it be so?

Bros, this statement shows you don't care about your mom. What's federal job? Your mom became sick because you got a federal job? Common, already calling her witch. C'mon, this is an opportunity for God to bless you!!

Let me tell you my own story.
I got a job a year after graduation and mom became sick almost a year after.

I had to move her from the village to my house. All the money I was making was spent on her.

After 3 good years, she was still with me and God healed her on the third year. Just months before she was healed, I got a job that was paying me more than times 10 of what I earn before . If I'm lying, may I become poor again.

And all those time she was sick, she would cry that my mates are doing well but she held me with sickness. It's always in her prayers that God should bless me. Miraculously, I'm better off now than when she was sick and everything is going sooo fine.

If possible, let mumsy stay with you and go to good hospital.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
what are they doing the village, do they think money grows on trees, they better look for something, to do. cheesy cheesy cheesy
lecturer50:

I just need advice?
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ebuka78: 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
naijadrivablog:

You are either naive, a kid or can't read.

Didn't you hear the part that he said he has been taking care of her

Why would the evil uncle tell him to resign come back to the village or if the mother dies, the young man would be held responsible

Op, do the one you can do. If you resign and go back to take care of your mother, with time, you cant help her financially, she will die one day and you will be useless.

You are quoting me from the comments you have read here.

Why not give your own advice and walk away? I am entitled to my own opinion, likewise you.

I hope you can now tell who the real kid is here.

Lol
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Kubiatita(m): 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
Block them and thank me later Ur village pipu are after u
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by KevinDein: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

You are quoting me from the comments you have read here.

Why not give your own advice and walk away? I am entitled to my own opinion, likewise you.

I hope you can now tell who the real kid is here.

Lol
Yeah, you obviously. Since you just refused to understand that your advice is piss poor despite being called out by the majority here.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Kentucky404: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?

If your family members! Are Particular about your mum! Then Relocate your Mum to your Place! Get her a personal Maid & a Nurse! To take care of her while you are @Work! That way you can Monitor her health.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by masks(m): 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
tonididdy:

Cmon dude, what's hard there to believe.
He prolly isn't providing their financial demand and they are saying he should come to the village and take care of his mother instead.
They may not have bluntly said he should resign but they mean he will have to do all the work himself if he doesn't provide the money they need
Okay bro,umm I just wasn't convinced about this story because just yesterday he put up a story about when things starts going well in ones family a sad occurrence almost immediately happens. Well,the said posts gathered lots of comments. Today its this story....I carefully read this anyway and there wasn't enough facts or any facts at all to actually believe this.
I mean it was actually funny.... Negativity needs Positivity to thrive...But,all I read in this story was just a lot of confused Negativity....I'm sorry once again.but its not convincing.
Just read his story again.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Nwaotu10(m): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ignore them totally.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by vincentjk(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2021
sweetkev:
So you visit native doctor. May God have mercy on you undecided

May he have mercy on you as well. after all, we are all sinners.

Or aren't we
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by juniorstar(m): 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?
how come your entire extended family know you got a federal govt job.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by masks(m): 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
juniorstar:

how come your entire extended family know you got a federal govt job.
Thank you..exactly among the points I tried proving here...this write up must be fiction
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by effido666: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
But u just asked for advice, dat u are getting........bro if u think u are being disturbed by ur family den imagine handing over ur job to another member of ur family and u b d one in d village to take care of ur mom..........God has blessed u over other members of ur family ....pls don't b tired of rendering help to dem....unless u don't av d money , but if u av d money bro I wil advice u to continue helping dem because dey are ur family and dats ur mom....but as for resigning ur juicy job I don't advice u to do just dat
lecturer50:

Guy stop typing what you don't know about me.

I know what I am doing for them.

I just need an advice, not a bad judgement from a person who believes he knows everything about me.

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by RPG2020(m): 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

is not by force Man he can only do what his power can carry after all they being eating before he got the job
So because his mother gave birth to him he should sell his soul to feed her
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Collins4u1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
How they take know u got a federal work?

Reason I don't say a thing to anybody. Find out by yourself
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by BRATISLAVA: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
kaboninc:

Alright. Thanks. So go make good use of yours
You still aren't. Will you ever?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Oyibo Man Pounds Yam For His African Wife / How She Changed A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.