Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,129 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? (40541 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by kodded(m): 10:53am On Apr 04, 2021
Klass99:

Lol, I swear down fear catch me at the proposed sharing formula and baseless assumptions he made about OP.

What even annoys me the most is how they automatically expect one sibling who is "seemingly doing well" to be the saviour of the others, as if those ones are handicapped.

Are the other siblings invalids incapable of making their own way in life or fighting for their own success? That OP has to open salon for one and start a trade for another.
if he has the means to then of course he should do it, afterall when push come to shove, it is this same siblings that will be there for him.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by larrypourl(m): 10:53am On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

A river that forgets it source will surely runs dry. You have to help your mum, God gave you that job to support your family.

If it were your girlfriend, you would help her without thinking twice.

You can divide your salary into half, and give your sister to start a Saloon business/ become a hair stylist.

The next salary, you divide it and assist your brothers or brother to open a trade.

In 3 months time, there wouldn't be pressure on you to help the family. It is not good for one person to be rich in a family, let the rich one help others to get rich.

You should send 50% of your last month salary to sustain your mum.

You don't know what she passed through before birthing you. She would never tell you.

Switch of your cell phone and regret it for life.

Send her half of your salary for her health and remain blessed for life.

How much is the so called salary, lol..

OP set your mum up and face your life. 35yeaes in service will soon come and if isn't taking you won't achieve anything
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ebuka78: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2021
sirk98:
My simple advice is this.Firstly,ur family members are your enemy,secondly ensure u have someone inolace that will monitor her and give u reported about her health,thirdly,don't resign from ur work.They want u to come begging oo.Federal government job is not easy to get ooo.,Thirdly,once ur mother is OK.Distance your self from ur family member,don't let them no ur worth.Thank you

Another Nollywood comment. Just because of money, their relatives are now evil.

What da hell is wrong with you all?

You should asking yourself what is on his mum's mind about the whole situation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Franckelv230: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:
Please house I need an advice.

Ever since I got a federal government job,

my relatives have been disturbing me for money.

There must always be an issue that involves money which they want me to solve.

Recently, my mom become sick.

They are threatening me that I would be held responsible if my mom dies,if I don't make sure she is cured.

But I have taken her to hospitals, and she is trying to recover.

I do this whenever I visit home since I am working in a state far from home.

Her health challenge is due to old age.

But today my uncle called me that I should resign, get back to the village and personally take care of my mom,

failure of which,if she dies, the whole family would hold me responsible for choosing job over my mom.

Can you imagine resigning your federal job to get to the village and start staying?

The calls, the demands, the attacks are getting too much for me.

Please should I just switch off my phone so that no one can contact me?

I just need advice?

Why don't you move your dear mum over to live with you. Since she's old, she needs every care like a new born. I can't be living large(federal comes with larger) in the city, while my mother who struggled under the sun and rain for me is going through hell in the village.

God forbid.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by incogni2o: 11:00am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

They are threatening me that I would be held responsible if my mom dies,if I don't make sure she is cured.

But today my uncle called me that I should resign, get back to the village and personally take care of my mom,

failure of which,if she dies, the whole family would hold me responsible for choosing job over my mom.

Can you imagine resigning your federal job to get to the village and start staying?

I just need advice?

Firstly, Hold God Close, Firm and Tight. They might go to any length cos it might be due to jealousy and envy, but once God has your back, You're covered. Don't pick thier calls again, except your Mum's.

Secondly, Don't Fear, Fear can create confusion in your Life and Work and the enemy can take advantage of that.

Thirdly, Get your Mum a phone and call her regularly, At times, love and show of care and concern can improve people's condition, If possible go bring her to the place, you live and take care of Her.

They are just trying to use reverse-psychology. Don't give in.

Lastly, Pray to God that your Mum's condition improves and that peradventure if she dies, She makes Heaven.

Peace.
I Pray that the ressurection power that rose Jesus from the Dead on Easter heals your Mum and bring back to life every ill Health in Her in Jesus name. Amen.
Happy Easter Sunday

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by NairalandSARS: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?
If her health issues are due to old age, then you need to let her "go".
It's not like she is doing anything meaningful.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Coronavirus84: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2021
princetunex:

Please are you married? If yes, do you give your mother in law. I just got a federal job and my wife always suggest I give her mother salary rhough when I frown at it she calls it a joke but she has suggested it severally and I'm sick about it
Am happily married my brother. Both me and my wife works with federal government job so our decision is that whenever we collect our salary, from my own I settle my parents and from her own she settle her parents shikena. And the rest is for the family upkeep and also for our proposed plan project and any other family members should find something to do

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ebuka78: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2021
incogni2o:

Firstly, Hold God Close, Firm and Tight. They might go to any length cos it might be due to jealousy and envy, but once God has your back, You're covered. Don't pick thier calls again, except your Mum's.

Secondly, Don't Fear, Fear can create confusion in your Life and Work and the enemy can take advantage of that.

Thirdly, Get your Mum a phone and call her regularly, At times, love and show of care and concern can improve people's condition, If possible go bring her to the place, you live and take care of Her.

They are just trying to use reverse-psychology. Don't give in.

Lastly, Pray to God that your Mum's condition improves and that peradventure if she dies, She makes Heaven.

Peace.
I Pray that the ressurection power that rose Jesus from the Dead on Easter heals your Mum and bring back to life every ill Health in Her in Jesus name. Amen.
Happy Easter Sunday

Another Firstly comment based on Nollywood. If the relatives have, would they disturb him?

That should be the first question. In other for the woman to be saved, God granted him that Job so that he would use part of his salary to cater for his mum.

You people should stop tagging his relatives enemies or jealousy.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 04, 2021
maximunimpact:

You are selfish and stingy. I know someone who have never gotten any free money in life but he shares all his wealth with family and friends and he's happy doing it. Common to take care of your mother a grown man is whinning on social media.

That's why you can't spell maximum
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ebuka78: 11:05am On Apr 04, 2021
NairalandSARS:
If her health issues are due to old age, then you need to let her "go". It's not like she is doing anything meaningful.
If you were in the woman shoes, would you be happy if your was obeyed?
You people calling the relatives devil are the real ekwensu.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by shawante(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

A river that forgets it source will surely runs dry. You have to help your mum, God gave you that job to support your family.

You can divide your salary into half, and give your sister to start a Saloon business/ become a hair stylist.

The next salary, you divide it and assist your brothers or brother to open a trade.

In 3 months time, there wouldn't be pressure on you to help the family. It is not good for one person to be rich in a family, let the rich one help others to get rich.

You don't know what she passed through before birthing you. She would never tell you.

you are a big fool..so you expect him to do all this from his little salary. won't he take care of himself and have some savings for tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Erojepromise(f): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2021
budaatum:
Take what I have to say with salt because I'm going to be harsh.

You see those people asking you to return home to take care of your mother? Those are what is commonly refered to as village people. They heard about your progress, most likely from your mother who blabbed it around town and shouted "praise God" in church, and now they want to ruin you and her and very likely with her help though she might not be aware of it, by making you feel guilty so you do the wrong thing.

The nasty truth is, your mother will die, and you will be made to spend lots of money burying her after spending lots of money failing to keep her alive. And when you now sit down and calculate the money, and the fact that you no more have a job because you left the one you had to care for your mother, you'd likely resent your mother and the village people, and mostly yourself for allowing yourself to be manipulated so easily.

So, here are solutions. Invite your mother to visit you as a ploy to get her away from those village people using her to manipulate you. Make her stay with you and get a nurse to care for her. Hope she lives long though or you will be accused of killing her. Or tell them all to fuq off and switch off your phone and live your life in peace if you can ignore your mother's wailing as she dies.

Either ways, you will be here to live the consequences of your choices long after she dies so..... And salt.

you are always making sense l don't know why..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by andycom(m): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

Op don't you ever take this crap �� here as an advice.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by kelitacliff(m): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

True.

I called my mom and told her what my uncle said, she said I should not take him seriously.

Thanks
Why not bring your mum to come stay with you, until she recovers fully at least
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Heavance(m): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?
My only take is, just do your best of best to take care of your mom.
We can have a million children, a hundred wives but we can only have one mother/father. Do your best, so when God calls, you won't have any regrets in your quiet time. But don't resign, those calling for you to resign are only pained you have a better job than their children.
Do your best, do your best for your mom
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by tunize(m): 11:09am On Apr 04, 2021
Before you switch off your phone abeg just go and carry your mom from your town and let her be with you for the mean time while she recovers fully with whomever is taking care of her I guess ur younger one abi. Let your eye reach your mama by yourself
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by shawante(m): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2021
budaatum:
Take what I have to say with salt because I'm going to be harsh.

You see those people asking you to return home to take care of your mother? Those are what is commonly refered to as village people. They heard about your progress, most likely from your mother who blabbed it around town and shouted "praise God" in church, and now they want to ruin you and her and very likely with her help though she might not be aware of it, by making you feel guilty so you do the wrong thing.

The nasty truth is, your mother will die, and you will be made to spend lots of money burying her after spending lots of money failing to keep her alive. And when you now sit down and calculate the money, and the fact that you no more have a job because you left the one you had to care for your mother, you'd likely resent your mother and the village people, and mostly yourself for allowing yourself to be manipulated so easily.

So, here are solutions. Invite your mother to visit you as a ploy to get her away from those village people using her to manipulate you. Make her stay with you and get a nurse to care for her. Hope she lives long though or you will be accused of killing her. Or tell them all to fuq off and switch off your phone and live your life in peace if you can ignore your mother's wailing as she dies.

Either ways, you will be here to live the consequences of your choices long after she dies so..... And salt.

the truth is bitter. but it still remains the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by BigDickhead1: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?

If you resign from ur job, where are going to get the money to take care of your mother and her hospital bills I don't think resigning from the job is an option, pls just do take care of your mother from salary and try to establish your siblings
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by budaatum: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2021
Erojepromise:

you are always making sense l don't know why..

Its because you get sense. So your fault, lol.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ebuka78: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2021
shawante:
you are a big fool..so you expect him to do all this from his little salary. won't he take care of himself and have some savings for tomorrow

God bless you brother. I am happy to be a fool. Thanks one more time.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by budaatum: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2021
elmagnifico411:
nice one brother.. this is about the best advice I've read. God bless u.

Op, please, I want u to consider what this man has said. Oil dey him head. And I'll also love to add; please, for now, do not visit that village. All they want to do is reduce u to nothing. You being bale to make money and have a stable life gives them no joy. If possible, make use of some mad man approach.. promise Dem hell if anything goes wrong, threaten their lives too, that you'd come with weapons if they do anything to cut your mother's life short. Whether u believe me or not, those your people have a hand in your mom's I'll health. D ploy is to distabilize u, and reduce u to nothing. May God help u in this cos.

God bless you plenty more.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Allee90: 11:13am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

Guy stop typing what you don't know about me.

I know what I am doing for them.

I just need an advice, not a bad judgement from a person who believes he knows everything about me.

From your response, you sound quite irresponsible who is never out for a good advice. Profering solution to this your problem is actually a waste of time. Do it as you wish.. Shikenan

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Expresswriter: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2021
Very simple.

Since they want to frustrate you.

Tell them you've beer sacked and that right now you're homeless and penniless.

Watch their reaction.
If they ask you to come to the village tell them you don't have transport..

That you can't even feed.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by ALISMILE(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need an advice, not a bad judgement from a person who believes he knows everything about me.

You asked for advice, dey advice you now you turn am to fight
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

You are under attack from ancestral demons. Ignore the fact that your relatives including your mom are the vectors. Your mind is under demonic attack.

Cut them off and they will miraculously get okay, if someone dies it's a trap.

Learn to become greater than your Ancestors, these are firewalls stopping you from breaking the glass ceilings.

Doubt me not
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by dangotesmummy: 11:19am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?
you caused it by letting your relatives know your buisness and when you were employed

I guess you must have given them the impression that you earn ₦50 million per month

Solution.change your SIM and your wifes SIM (if they're not able to get through to you,your wife is the next target for harassment)

Change your sim and use verbal and body language to cut of all contacts

Meanwhile your mother's care and welfare is your responsibility.you don't need anybody to tell you how and in what way you should take care of her

You need to earn your respect because I'm so irritated the way you've allowed your relatives disrespect you because you refused to draw Clear boundaries

Nigerians and Africans have strong propensity to walk all over you as far as you allow them to especially when you don't set boundaries.this boundaries has to be set in families,work and social life

You're too nice even at your own detriment.in all of this please take care of your Mom and yourself and stop being a weakling.protect your space and mental health

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by incogni2o: 11:19am On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

Another Firstly comment based on Nollywood. If the relatives have, would they disturb him?

That should be the first question. In other for the woman to be saved, God granted him that Job so that he would use part of his salary to cater for his mum.

You people should stop tagging his relatives enemies or jealousy.

I don't appreciate people like you.

It's your kind who try to monitor people's lives and tell them what to use thier money to do?

Did he say anything like he doesn't care about His Mum's Health?

Even if you're more made than your siblings, It was partly due to your determination that made you who you are today, You all still have the same responsibility to care for your Parents.

Why are they assuming he is boxed up and made when we all know working for the Federal Government doesn't translate to being boxed up?

Why are they threatening Him to resign his job, Does that make sense in any way?

Again, I would rather not associate myself with people like you or those relatives, because I know your Kind will not rest untill you see the downfall of your fellow brother.

By the way, whether you like it or not, The guy has his own life to Live.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by candygist: 11:21am On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?

That your uncle is an enemy of progress. Why would he ask you to resign a federal job. Even if you resign are you the medical doctor that will treat your mom ?

All you need to do is to send your mom money for her medicals. If you can afford the best treatment, do it for her.

That your uncle no like you.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by wisewordd: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2021
Take your mom to stay with you or get her an apartment close to you with a little girl to stay with her then change your sim.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ebuka78: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2021
ping72:
Just get married, you'll be suprised!

Get married when the mum is sick. Who would attend the wedding?

Some of you do not reason. That your idea can only work for the siblings , but not his mum.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Sundayolabode: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2021
Bro pls don't resign
Kindly relocate her from the village to your home so you can take good care of her.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by ambient: 11:26am On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

Nairalanders, I don't need your likes and shares. Just read and pass.

See how you just divided someone's salary without knowing how much he is earning,you forgot there is bills to pay on his side too,give this give that,it's people that have no responsibility that are always on the recieving side that talk this way....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Okoloko Accused Of Owing Wife $35M, ₦‎6bn; Instead Of Paying, Files For Divorce / Man Celebrates His Mum Who Graduated After Dropping Out To Send Him To School / See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.