Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates (45669 Views)

2023 Presidency: Over 1500 PDP Delegates Attend Saraki’s Declaration (Pictures) / ESN: We Killed 10 Girls For Fortification Rituals Attacked Imo Prison, Police. / Nnamdi Kanu On Imo Prison Break: "No Nigerian Deserves To Be In Prison" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by MuscularDick(m): 10:41am On Apr 05, 2021
Sandydayziz:
Lord have mercy
Well, if you’re planning to visit imo, take a halt for now
Imo citizen had better be vigilant
Can remember when this happen in Benin. It was and still isn’t funny.
See your nyansh outside...

Idi Dudu!!!! grin
Sandydayziz:
Lord have mercy
Well, if you’re planning to visit imo, take a halt for now
Imo citizen had better be vigilant
Can remember when this happen in Benin. It was and still isn’t funny.
See your nyansh outside...

Idi Dudu!!!!
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Burstit(m): 10:44am On Apr 05, 2021
Patrioticman007:
When we said IPOB/ESN are terrorist groups like Bokoharam, their sympathizers called pigs denied these facts & shouted for evidence.

Today what we are witnessing is not only evidence but history in the making of an evil ideology that will be worse than Bokoharam.
1500 harden criminals will rape, kill, steal, loot within the region of 7%, Bokoharam will be a child's play.

A quick survival tips in the 7% region, once you can recognise 15 similarities between the two images below, then shall you escape them.

We dey laugh ooooo.
A child of perdition thou art

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by gnykelly(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2021
baralatie:

I never imagine that they had a mind to think in the first place

That obigbo case i river state should be enough lesson
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 10:47am On Apr 05, 2021
gnykelly:

That obigbo case i river state should be enough lesson
the people in the south east do not have a mind to think through of its actions .they want death.

all.of this is bringing of firewood,coal and petrol.what remains is fire

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Coronavirus1: 10:47am On Apr 05, 2021
Okorocha should be link to this madness his boys are causing in imo state.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by orikoku: 10:55am On Apr 05, 2021
fk001:
The thing dey sweet my body aswear. grin

Next thing you will hear is FG has impound state of emergency in the 5 eastern states.

They will deploy thousands of military every inch there would be check point, and real extortion will start.

the Eastern youth will be fed up with the extortion and carry arms. And this is the time 2015 plan will come to play.

Humanitarian NGO will start flooding SE like they did in NE and many other war-ravaged countries.

I promise you by next year the SE economy will be cripple, killing will be the order of the day, they will be completely shadow of themselves.

Ask Anglophone Cameroon howfar

where would Nigeria get thousands of military men. They're short of personnel's. Even police. That's the opportunity every criminal are using now.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Timoleon(m): 10:55am On Apr 05, 2021
Silverpurple:

Nigerian government paid "igbo youths" to burn down government police station and free dangerous criminals. Lolz.

I pray for the east.
If you needed attention, you could have asked politely. I am magnanimous enough to give you this little. I hope you manage it. I won’t give you anymore.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by 4ckyou: 11:02am On Apr 05, 2021
Sandydayziz:
Yes I am
Waoh, same here, I send you pm
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by NoFucksToGive: 11:04am On Apr 05, 2021
kettykin:
so The chairman of Code of Misconduct tribunal was right after all

See illiterate
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by jrusky(m): 11:06am On Apr 05, 2021
baralatie:

so it is the release of 1500 inmates from a prison facility that will solve security problem?

Pls read and understand before quoting anyone. I think you can see where I said "I'm not in support of this".

Moreover pls you need to understand when there is "anger and frustration in the street be expecting anything"

Any uncalled for lawlessness in Nigeria of today blame Buhari and apc for it. Very very irresponsible govt.

Good day.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 11:14am On Apr 05, 2021
jrusky:

Pls read and understand before quoting anyone. I think you can see where I said "I'm not in support of this".

Moreover pls you need to understand when there is "anger and frustration in the street be expecting anything"

Any uncalled for lawlessness in Nigeria of today blame Buhari and apc for it. Very very irresponsible govt.

Good day.
there you go again?

how does anger in the land correlate with the release of 1500 inmates .to do what exactly to spite bubu?

as in see reason ! you are angry you went to free rapists,ritual killers,kidnappers,armed robbers and you expect bubu who is in london laughing at such idiocy to say thank you!

is it not you, the angry people ,that released inmates will ponce on first before bubu will finally clamp down.

las las,the issue is worse than the beginning

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by History555: 11:14am On Apr 05, 2021
NetValueFX:

I can imagine the fear down the spine of Uzodinma. I am told the station is close to Government House

Which fear. When he is behind the attack
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Asiri1991: 11:19am On Apr 05, 2021
I remember the words of T. B. Joshua: "Dailogue now!" The carelessness and insincerity of the Nigerian government is worrisome. The media is not helping us too. Ideologies are never quenched with barrels of guns or use of force. Biafra, to every Igbo man and some persons from the south, is the only way to freedom. They came out and protested peacefully. Instead of dialogue, the government unleashed the military on them. They were killed, yet they trooped to the streets in numbers repeatedly for the same peaceful protests. In each case, the Nigerian government through the military killed many of them without remorse. When the Amnesty International drew attention to the killings, the government and the army denied it. The gave the government a clear signal that they control the zone by declaring sit-at-home which we all witnessed had massive compliance from the people. The government neglected the message passed across by that very act. They declared election boycott in Anambra governorship election and the winner emerged with less than seventy thousand votes in a state with more than four million adults. Again, the government and the media ignored the implications of such occurrence. The president went to this region for a re-election campaign and met an empty stadium. The government denied it and the media hid it from us for fear of sanctions. The government borrowed money for projects which the region would contribute in repaying, none of the projects was taken to the east. In order to get rid of them by force, the government hastily declared IPOB a terrorist organization despite the opinion of local and international observers. Now, they have decided to take the bull by the horn by taking up arms against the government and the government is not seeing the need to dialogue with them. I see the happenings in the east recently snowballing into full crisis. Let us always remember, the resources the government has wasted in fighting terrorism in north east is higher than the allocations of some states since 2010. A dialogue would prevented the emergence of Boko Haram. The gunmen in the east are getting deadlier everyday. They are calls from some angles for dialogue but the government will not listening to them. The media are equally afraid of telling the government the truth, or maybe it is because it is a region that is of less concern to them. When it brews, all of us must count our losses because soldiers must be drafted from all the parts of the country to fight them. Who knows who will die in the theatre of war? The time to dialogue is now.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2021
Asiri1991:
I remember the words of T. B. Joshua: "Dailogue now!" The carelessness and insincerity of the Nigerian government is worrisome. The media is not helping us too. Ideologies are never quenched with barrels of guns or use of force. Biafra, to every Igbo man and some persons from the south, is the only way to freedom. They came out and protested peacefully. Instead of dialogue, the government unleashed the military on them. They were killed, yet they trooped to the streets in numbers repeatedly for the same peaceful protests. In each case, the Nigerian government through the military killed many of them without remorse. When the Amnesty International drew attention to the killings, the government and the army denied it. The gave the government a clear signal that they control the zone by declaring sit-at-home which we all witnessed had massive compliance from the people. The government neglected the message passed across by that very act. They declared election boycott in Anambra governorship election and the winner emerged with less than seventy thousand votes in a state with more than four million adults. Again, the government and the media ignored the implications of such occurrence. The president went to this region for a re-election campaign and met an empty stadium. The government denied it and the media hid it from us for fear of sanctions. The government borrowed money for projects which the region would contribute in repaying, none of the projects was taken to the east. In order to get rid of them by force, the government hastily declared IPOB a terrorist organization despite the opinion of local and international observers. Now, they have decided to take the bull by the horn by taking up arms against the government and the government is not seeing the need to dialogue with them. I see the happenings in the east recently snowballing into full crisis. Let us always remember, the resources the government has wasted in fighting terrorism in north east is higher than the allocations of some states since 2010. A dialogue would prevented the emergence of Boko Haram. The gunmen in the east are getting deadlier everyday. They are calls from some angles for dialogue but the government will not listening to them. The media are equally afraid of telling the government the truth, or maybe it is because it is a region that is of less concern to them. When it brews, all of us must count our losses because soldiers must be drafted from all the parts of the country to fight them. Who knows who will die in the theatre of war? The time to dialogue is now.
when the war start I hope you will make yourself available
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by flames01: 11:25am On Apr 05, 2021
Patrioticman007:
When we said IPOB/ESN are terrorist groups like Bokoharam, their sympathizers called pigs denied these facts & shouted for evidence.

Today what we are witnessing is not only evidence but history in the making of an evil ideology that will be worse than Bokoharam.
1500 harden criminals will rape, kill, steal, loot within the region of 7%, Bokoharam will be a child's play.

A quick survival tips in the 7% region, once you can recognise 15 similarities between the two images below, then shall you escape them.

We dey laugh ooooo.

What of Fulani herdsmen? Are they not behaving like terrorists?

If you call the 7% region pigs for supporting ESN/IPOB, then you are worse than a pig yourself for covering up herdsmen

Or are you covering up the murderous herdsmen because of religion?

That means you can sell the Yoruba nation because of a foreign religion.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 05, 2021
History555:

Which fear. When he is behind the attack
Hahahaha, you think so? I doubt that
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by WelcomeToBiafra: 11:42am On Apr 05, 2021
ngkman:
The CCB chairman is changing the narratives to garner the sympathy of gullible people like you. The man beaten in the video is a Plateau man, Langtang by tribe, since when did a Plateau man become a biafran?

Bruh, they know that plateau is a middle Belt and part of it which is Biafra.

He knows what he said. Is just that we are the ones rejecting ourselves because of language differences.

We are Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by SpellingBot: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2021
WelcomeToBiafra:

Bruh, they know that plateau is a middle Belt and part of it which is Biafra.

He knows what he said. Is just that we are the ones rejecting ourselves because of language differences.

We are Biafrans.
Bruh, they know that Plateau is a Middle Belt

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:48am On Apr 05, 2021
goxx:
Cc PROUDIGBO Shey this one is Fulani herdsmen too?? IPOB/ESN terrorists just released 1500 criminals, armed robbers, rapists, kidnappers and cultists into the society. I'm loving it because crime rate is about to shoot up in the south east.

Keep defending terrorism that is breeding in your region. Very soon y'all will have a taste of it.

You're a irredeemable dolt!

I have my reasons for suspecting northern elements for engineering these targeted murders in the south-east....and i've stated them in the past! Recent criminality, like this jailbreak, could be the handwork of a group of disgruntled Igbo fed up with the status-quo, but what proof do you have or what reasons can you proffer for Mazi Kanus' IPOB directing followers to go and break criminals out of jail? I can't marry this position of yours with what i've known of Mazi Kanu thus far!
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by WelcomeToBiafra: 11:49am On Apr 05, 2021
MantisShrimp:

[s]Your family will die before me. And you yourself wont die but wont be alive either. Just watch and see.
[/s] nonsense.
You mean all the the guys in those prisons are innocent protesters abducted on the road? grin grin grin grin

Yes, they are all innocent; if not tell us their crimes with visual evidence. Give us their names and state of origin.

So all those abducted in North by northern terrorist forces are all criminals?

You Nigerians are very mumu o.

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Ngorbungor(m): 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
This is not good, it's an indictment on the security agencies in Owerri and by extension Nigeria, it's a sad day for every Nigeria.

You can't tell me that we don't have up to 300 security personnel around the Government House, DSS office, the Police Head Quarters and the Prison.

If you don't know this place, let me give you guys a clear picture of how it look like.

The Government House, the DSS state office and the Police Head Quarters are in the same premises while the prisons are neighbours to the police headquarters just a huge fence demarcating them.

So what happened, why no any engagement, they just let them take over the place for good 3-hours, this is too much to swallow, even the information circulating is that they told the inmates to go home and N500 were given to each of them as transport as they were leaving the gate.

So the governors should no know that their security is in the hands of The Almighty God, not this set of betrayals
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Chigboboss: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
Asiri1991:

Blackmail of government with violence can never work. The proper channel for dialogue is through elected reps and leaders and not by attacking security agents and shedding innocent blood.

Too bad it is the poor grass (citizens) that suffers the consequences of such fights.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by OfoIgbo: 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
8stargeneral:
IMO state now is danger zone...what a country

Before the Fulani-supported, APC supreme court governor took charge in Imo state, Imo was relatively very peaceful.

APC states in the South east are the worst hit by insecurity. Ebonyi and Imo. Tufiakwa
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Chigboboss: 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
That criminal Nnamdi Kanu and his ESN are responsible and he has defended them.

He is biting more than he can chew and foolishly putting igbo land at high risk while he parties in London.

PROUDIGBO:

You're a irredeemable dolt!

I have my reasons for suspecting northern elements for engineering these targeted murders in the south-east....and i've stated them in the past! Recent criminality, like this jailbreak, could be the handwork of a group of disgruntled Igbo fed up with the status-quo, but what proof do you have or what reasons can you proffer for Mazi Kanus' IPOB directing followers to go and break criminals out of jail? I can't marry this position of yours with what i've known of Mazi Kanu thus far!

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by jrusky(m): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
baralatie:

there you go again?

how does anger in the land correlate with the release of 1500 inmates .to do what exactly to spite bubu?

as in see reason ! you are angry you went to free rapists,ritual killers,kidnappers,armed robbers and you expect bubu who is in london laughing at such idiocy to say thank you!

is it not you, the angry people ,that released inmates will ponce on first before bubu will finally clamp down.

las las,the issue is worse than the beginning

Oh Mr man use your brain for once nah. APC brought fula to fight Jonathan should he failed to accept the election result but today are fulani bitchs fighting Jonathan or those who brought them?

When system is rotten everything goes. Mr man you sound like apc apologist pls I beg you keep off I don't engage any apc in discussion because their independent reasoning faculty is dead.

The gunmen freed the criminals because the system has failed and now is everything goes pls get that to your brain. Mind you how can a police HQ held over 1,500 criminals pls is police station prison yard

Pls the system has failed so be expecting the weirdest.

Pls if you are apc don't quote me again pls I beg you keep off my mention peacefully.

Your Buhari has no action to take than another tiger dance and yet the issue will still stand. Tell Buhari to be alive and run Nigeria free of nepotism and double standard and let's see if all these tension won't dissappear.
Good day
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Nicerazor(m): 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
This is certainly a dangerous slide in the South East. The release of criminals from detention facilities, killing of security forces and destruction of security assets will further strain the region's fragile security system and stretch the military more as it re-stategise deployment of forces across Nigeria. There is the need for urgent national conversation to close up fronts of insecurity that are aggressively popping up.
The government has only one response and it will almost inevitably too late and kill lots of innocents.
The lack of response from Igbo leaders is problematic.
I guess they are silent because they feared been attacks.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by robosky02(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
All

Prisoners

Are

Hereby

Asked to return

To prison

Immediately
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Plusstreet(m): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hmmmm. While this is bad, we should also ask ourselves why certain people are above prison even if they kill the whole country. The passover has been celeberated, let everyone amend their evil ways .
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Munzy14(m): 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
November24:
War looms.

I'm Northern,but I married an Igbo man (NYSC),they are peaceful,but when he makes up his mind,nothing changes it.

you are right...Buhari government ridiculed and robbed the tribalism card on igbos...Little wonder y Nigeria is more divided now than ever.

An average igbo kid is being taught how this government is rubbing the tribal card on Igbo people's face and some other tribes..

If buhari doesn't end u disintegrating this country on or before his tenure expires, then their is hope.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

12 Governors In Nigeria Are Gay - Uche Maduagwu Says / Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks / Hon. Ladi Adebutu Leads Protest To INEC Headquarters In Abeokuta(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.