Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance (763 Views)

Odumeje Vows To Come For People Accusing Him Of Performing Fake Miracles (Video) / God Is Calling The Nation Of Nigeria To Repentance – Nigeria, Repent! / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
Luke 5:32 (KJV)

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Ever heard anyone say that Jesus came for the sinners?

This particular saying of Jesus is where they got such an idea from, but as you can clearly see, it's a misinterpretation, because Jesus didn't actually say that, but that He came to call the sinners to repentance.

Yet this is what many including Christians have misinterpreted to mean that He came for sinners, giving the impression that God gets glory from sinners being sinners or remaining sinners, which is very wrong, because the only way God could get glory from sinners is when they repent and turn away from their wicked ways.

That's why Jesus said He came to call sinners to repentance, because that's what gives God glory and the reason God sent Him to the Earth.

If there wasn't the possibility of sinners coming to repentance, and also righteous men as Abraham waiting in the wings for Him to crack open the way of heaven for them to able to enter in, God would never have sent His Son to the Earth, because God gets no glory from sinners being or remaining sinners, but only when they came to repentance!

That's why heaven rejoices over just one sinner that repents because that's the whole essence of salvation and why God sent His Son to the Earth. Luke 15:7, 10

Moreover, the reason Jesus didn't come to call the righteous to repentance is because the righteous need no repentance as the sinners do. Luke 15:7

That's what God desires for the sinners to become, even righteous, hence sinners being called to repentance because repentance is the turning point from sin or wickedness to righteousness, which is what sinners become when they truly repent.

Therefore Jesus didn't come for sinners, but for the righteous and also the sinners who repent, because thereby alone is God glorified.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by TownJ: 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
Good message!

We supply the items below

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by sonmvayina(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2021
The Torah already gave us the opportunity to be righteous....

Maybe the father of "jesus" and the God of the Tanakh are two different gods..

He would have known., well the writters of the jesus myths are not jews. They are Greeks who have no knowledge of God or his laws or the judaism..
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by CodeTemplar: 10:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
. . . Jay Jay O.
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by FarmTech(m): 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2021
Pls tell them oo. Some sinners are just funny with their arguments.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2021
TownJ:
Good message!

We supply the items below
Thanks. God bless.
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2021
FarmTech:
Pls tell them oo. Some sinners are just funny with their arguments.
We'll do our best God helping us. Thanks.
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by Kobojunkiee: 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
sonmvayina:
The Torah already gave us the opportunity to be righteous....

Maybe the father of "jesus" and the God of the Tanakh are two different gods..

He would have known., well the writters of the jesus myths are not jews. They are Greeks who have no knowledge of God or his laws or the judaism..
The Torah does no such thing for those of us who are gentiles and do not live in the land of Canaan with the descendants of Jacob. undecided

God's Covenant which He gave to His people through Moses was explicitly stated as an agreement between those of the blood of Jacob and the foreigners who live in the land of Canaaan with them. What this means is that God intentionally exclude all those of us from other nations from His agreement with His people, Israel. undecided

God never changed His mind about that - He never welcomed other people into that fold either. So the Law of Moses, which is an everlasting covenant, is not meant for those of gentile roots who do not live in the land of Canaan. undecided
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by sonmvayina(m): 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The Torah does no such thing for those of us who are gentiles and do not live in the land of Canaan with the descendants of Jacob. undecided

God's Covenant which He gave to His people through Moses was explicitly stated as an agreement between those of the blood of Jacob and the foreigners who live in the land of Canaaan with them. What this means is that God intentionally exclude all those of us from other nations from His agreement with His people, Israel. undecided

God never changed His mind about that - He never welcomed other people into that fold either. So the Law of Moses, which is an everlasting covenant, is not meant for those of gentile roots who do not live in the land of Canaan. undecided

https://www.alephne.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/4557274/jewish/The-Seven-Laws-of-Noah.htm
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by Kobojunkiee: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
sonmvayina:
https://www.alephne.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/4557274/jewish/The-Seven-Laws-of-Noah.htm
What has Noah got to do with the Law of Moses and the fact that it belongs to those of the Blood of Jacob? undecided
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
The righteousness series continues shortly...
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by sonmvayina(m): 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
What has Noah got to do with the Law of Moses and the fact that it belongs to those of the Blood of Jacob? undecided

Which of your ancestors told you that God was going to send his son as a sacrifice for sins or whatever you christians beieve about jesus?
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by Kobojunkiee: 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
sonmvayina:

Which of your ancestors told you that God was going to send his son as a sacrifice for sins or whatever you christians beieve about jesus?
I already told you before. I heard nothing tangible about God from my ancestors, only useless doctrines and commandments of men which many of you refer to as culture and tradition. So, I don't know why you keep harping on the meaningless. undecided

As for the other part of your statement, I already told you to read the book for yourself so you know what it in fact says of Jesus Christ. Repeating what you have heard from mouth of others is also meaningless jabber to me. undecided
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by sonmvayina(m): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I already told you before. I heard nothing tangible about God from my ancestors, only useless doctrines and commandments of men which many of you refer to as culture and tradition. So, I don't know why you keep harping on the meaningless. undecided

As for the other part of your statement, I already told you to read the book for yourself so you know what it in fact says of Jesus Christ. Repeating what you have heard from mouth of others is also meaningless jabber to me. undecided

I have read it from the beginning, i dont see the importance of jesus to anything.
⚡️�There is no need for Jesus/Yahusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi because #The_Most_High_promises_to_forgive_people_who_truly_repent. He DOESN't need someone to be sacrificed to forgive us and there is NOWHERE in the Tanakh that says a human being will die for our sins. �

� Ezekiel 18:​21-22
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he has committed, and keep all my statutes/Tor, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.​ 22 None of his transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; in his righteousness that he has done he shall live.

� Isaiah 55:​7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to The Most High, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our Eloh-m, for He will abundantly pardon. ��

� Psalm 32:​5
I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not hide my iniquity. I said I will confess my transgressions to Eloh-m, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

HaShem forgave the Psalmist just because he confessed his sins to The Most High, no sacrifice of “Jesus/Yahusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi" needed.❌

� Jonah 3:​10
And Eloh-m saw their doings, that they turned from their evil way; and He repented of the evil, which he had said that he would do to them; and he did not do it.
HaShem (The Name) forgave the people of Nineveh with no sacrifice��, the people of Nineveh turned away from their sins #and_that_was_enough_for_HaShem_to_forgive_them. HaShem forgives people Himself and without blood being shed. There is no need for Jesus/Yashusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi, he is a false god, not found in the Tanakh!

This page refutes the most popular Christian claims that Jesus/Yashusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi is mentioned in the Tanakh.
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by Kobojunkiee: 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
sonmvayina:

I have read it from the beginning, i dont see the importance of jesus to anything.
⚡️�There is no need for Jesus/Yahusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi because #The_Most_High_promises_to_forgive_people_who_truly_repent. He DOESN't need someone to be sacrificed to forgive us and there is NOWHERE in the Tanakh that says a human being will die for our sins. �

� Ezekiel 18:​21-22
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he has committed, and keep all my statutes/Tor, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.​ 22 None of his transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; in his righteousness that he has done he shall live.

� Isaiah 55:​7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to The Most High, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our Eloh-m, for He will abundantly pardon. ��

� Psalm 32:​5
I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not hide my iniquity. I said I will confess my transgressions to Eloh-m, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

HaShem forgave the Psalmist just because he confessed his sins to The Most High, no sacrifice of “Jesus/Yahusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi" needed.❌

� Jonah 3:​10
And Eloh-m saw their doings, that they turned from their evil way; and He repented of the evil, which he had said that he would do to them; and he did not do it.
HaShem (The Name) forgave the people of Nineveh with no sacrifice��, the people of Nineveh turned away from their sins #and_that_was_enough_for_HaShem_to_forgive_them. HaShem forgives people Himself and without blood being shed. There is no need for Jesus/Yashusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi, he is a false god, not found in the Tanakh!

This page refutes the most popular Christian claims that Jesus/Yashusha/Yeshua/Yahawashi is mentioned in the Tanakh.

1) stop repeating the meaningless statements of others. Read the book. undecided

2) Ezekiel 18 vs 1-4 makes it clear that the chapter concerns those who are of the blood of Jacob alone. undecided

3) Agaib, Isaiah 55 is to those of the house of Jacob and not to the gentiles who are not bound by Law and so are instead dead to it. undecided

4) Psalm 32 is David, of the blood of Jacob, speaking in reverence to the Law God made with his kind. undecided

5) Jonah 3, yet another chapter that contains those of the blood of Jacob. undecided

Do you see a pattern here...all that you quoted excludes you, as one which is not a descendant , from God's plan. undecided
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by Kobojunkiee: 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
sonmvayina:

Here's a clue. The only way to fulfill the Old Covenant requirement was to attain righteousness and then die afterwards , a righteous man. undecided

Well, Jesus Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Old Covenant Law - He died a righteous sinless man so that all those of the blood of Jacob, who were still sinners
and would would leave the Old way for the New path He had for came to bring would be imparted with His Righteousness and His Death, bringing to an end the hold of the Old Law on them, at the same time maintaining there place in the promise of the Old Covenant while they seek the New Covenant promises instead. undecided

Jesus Christ's death was what I call inevitable and necessary for 2 good reasons. First, most every other prophet before Him was murdered. John the Baptist, the last of them and all He did was preach repentance to a sinful woman to get his head lobbed off. So Jesus Christ came ready to die at the hands of the same thugs. I mean He came in the name of God preaching a departure from the Old way - some would say He was begging to be killed. undecided

Second, in order for His mission to the lost sheep of Israel to be made complete, He had to die. The fulfillment of the Old Covenant made that necessary so that through His death, the lost of Sheep of Israel can gain victory over the Old Covenant as they are ushered into a New one with God. So, for the sake of the Lost Sheep, Jesus Christ needed to die. undecided

Third, for His New Covenant to apply to those of other nations -the gentiles, born dead to the Law by God's design. He had to rise from the dead. This was so that through His resurrection, He imparts the Life that He is to those previously condemned to death since Adam by God's judgment against those who do not know oe believe in Him. In So, For the sake of the Nations, Jesus Christ had to die. So He came knowing and prepared to die. undecided

Jesus Christ had to die so that He could live instead through His followers. They become His body and force by which His work to to continue from generation to generation, all of them of course, driven by Him through submission and obedience to the Law of God. undecided

His blood - the blood of the Covenant - was shed for the forgiveness of the sins of those who belong in His New Covenant. Pretty much since it was to be shed anyways, why not. After all He was a sinless man ...God's own avatar, the Law, and the King Himself in the Kingdom of God so His blood was perfect for the job. undecided

So, in a sense, He died for the sinners, those of the blood of Jacob - He came to call the sinners and not the righteous among them. Though they come to Him, the New Covenant, as Old Law sinners, through impartation of His own Righteousness and His own Death upon them, they are made righteous where the old Law is concerned and dead to it, but give His Life in the New Covenant. undecided

So it has nothing to do with blood sacrifices or human ones as you imagine on altars and what not. His sacrifice is of a different kind entirely. undecided
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by sonmvayina(m): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

1) stop repeating the meaningless statements of others. Read the book. undecided

2) Ezekiel 18 vs 1-4 makes it clear that the chapter concerns those who are of the blood of Jacob alone. undecided

3) Agaib, Isaiah 55 is to those of the house of Jacob and not to the gentiles who are not bound by Law and so are instead dead to it. undecided

4) Psalm 32 is David, of the blood of Jacob, speaking in reverence to the Law God made with his kind. undecided

5) Jonah 3, yet another chapter that contains those of the blood of Jacob. undecided

Do you see a pattern here...all that you quoted excludes you, as one which is not a descendant , from God's plan. undecided

So what is your business with jesus? Why not follow the religion of your ancestors ? Why do you prefer the idol created by Rome?
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by Kobojunkiee: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
sonmvayina:
So what is your business with jesus? Why not follow the religion of your ancestors ? Why do you prefer the idol created by Rome?
Are you using a script or something? undecided
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by sonmvayina(m): 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Are you using a script or something? undecided

The jesus character was created out of a jewish concept of a messiah that was taken out of context by the romans. You are saying the old convenanat is for the jews only. But you foolishly clinging up to jesus.

And you still think you are normal...?

If you dont see your mumu, then am sorry, you are far lost than i expected.
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by Kobojunkiee: 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
sonmvayina:

The jesus character was created out of a jewish concept of a messiah that was taken out of context by the romans. You are saying the old convenanat is for the jews only. But you foolishly clinging up to jesus.

And you still think you are normal...?

If you dont see your mumu, then am sorry, you are far lost than i expected.
you do indeed have a script for these things after all. undecided
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:35am On Apr 15, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:09am On Apr 16, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2021
Re: Jesus Didn't Come For The Sinners But To Call Sinners To Repentance by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elon Musk, Drake, Davido & Wizkid / CAN Honors Imam For Saving The Lives Of Dozen Of Christians From Radical Muslims / What I Mean When I Say God Doesn’t Exist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.