Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" (683 Views)

How Many Souls Escaped The 'Hell' Fire Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Fire Outbreaks: 'God Said We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
God's Response To Abraham That Proved How Much He Regards The Righteous

Genesis 18:20-32 (KJV)

And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.

And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

Hence God proved the extent of regard He has for the righteous. He would have spared and not destroyed the whole city of Sodom for the sake of just ten righteous men.

Moreover you'd observe how patient God was with Abraham to hear and respond to every question he had to ask concerning the righteous til he was through, that Abraham tried to be careful not to get God angry. But little did he know that God had all the time in the world to hear him out, and that if need be, He would willingly wait for a whole day and even more to provide all the answers to every question he had to ask on that subject, because what Abraham asked of Him was something that concerned the subject of righteousness which mattered a lot to Him.

As not long before that, God had taught Abraham to walk perfectly before Him, so while Abraham spoke, God was actually pleased watching Abraham display what he had learnt from God, his growing understanding of God's ways and what He required of man. So it was just a Teacher seeing His student put to practice and showcase what He had taught him.

Hence Abraham made God proud on that occasion by the questions he asked and knowledge he displayed of the ways of God, proving that he was a good student who had learnt well from His Teacher on the subject of righteousness.

God bless.
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:53am On Apr 14, 2021
Genesis 18:25

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Matthew 13:49-50 (KJV)

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Abraham of the old testament already knew the way of God concerning the righteous and the wicked, and that it wasn't right to destroy the wicked and the righteous together, because the righteous were not as the wicked, and this which aligns with the teachings of Christ concerning what would happen at the end of the world were the wicked would be served from the righteous.

Yet some who claim to be of the new testament are ignorant of this Truth about God. People like Abraham should have been permitted to take the place of such ignorant ones who have been given the privilege of hearing the Words of Jesus, which such ones of old were said to have desired to hear but didn't hear, since they're don't know the value of what they have and are being a waste of such a blessing.

Imagine what someone like Abraham who didn't have this privilege would have done with it, considering what he did with the little he had at the time.

We need more people like Abraham in this generation who wouldn't be a waste of such a privilege but would value and make the best use of it to the glory of God.

God bless.
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by obonujoker(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
The ways of God is not the ways of man....

1 Like

Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:51am On Apr 23, 2021
Re: God Said "I Won't Destroy The Whole City Of Sodom For The Sake Of Ten Righteous" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:01am On Apr 24, 2021

(1) (Reply)

/ How To Use Psalm 83 For Spiritual Warfare / Meetthe Priest Who Was Buried Alive,promised Church Memberto Resurrectlike Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.