Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? (22486 Views)

Masari: I Have No Joy Governing Katsina — The Insecurity Is Alarming / Uzodinma: Aggrieved Politicians Responsible For The Insecurity In Imo State / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Ohislee(m): 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
Regular address of aggrieved people in the nation. We all know Buhari avoided the press. This has resulted in the escalation of the security challenges.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Adjovi: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
it's high time all states start having their own police. state policing will go a long way. our police force is just too small in number to maintain peace and security within the country.

as for insurgency attack is the best form of defense. I don't like our armies approach, sitting back and allowing bokoharam to regroup and attack them before they attack back. get more weapons and go on the offensive full scale, anyone that supports them like sheikh Gummi is doing will be arrested as soon as possible.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by UnabashedIPOB: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
LokoH:
I will equip UGM and make them full time national security agents

. . . to wipe all uniform fools

I second this suggestion.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Uco01(m): 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
The damage so far is irreparable. Just divide the country.let every one go and secure their region.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by justmondris: 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
The insecurity in this country is the birth child of corruption, joblessness and Tribalism. I will make those three things my three points agenda and the country will become very peaceful and prosperous.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
How many times have you come on Nairaland to ask how you gonna share your looted money. Mumu Government
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by telkevog(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
Now wey una don spoil country finish, na im you want make me president. I no do again!
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
! would seperate the regions and build a wall to prevent those who dont want to develop their region educate and provide jobs for their people from causing problems in my region!!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Lincoln275(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will employ Gods like sango, ogun, amadioha, ayilala e.t.c to do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by santakris(m): 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will engage the service of machineries. Our security system (both human and non human) has been compromised.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by kushme: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
1. Try to make politics less attractive( like cancelling security votes to governors, cut executive and legislative budgets, etc) . All those jumbo pay should be outrightly reduced. Cos with less money at their disposal, many of our current politicians will have no interest in politics, hence their limited funds to sponsor political thuggery, banditry, armed robbery, terrorism etc.

Cos, most of them are responsible for insecurity since time immemorial..

2. Now, you need to understand that people become generally hopeless over time if they perceive steady slow growth, low income and depending on other people for a long time.

So, we need to use most of the money gotten from security votes and reduced budgets to set up programmes(using experts) across the nation that would reduce low income, slow growth and idleness among the youths, giving them a sense of hope..

3. We must secure our borders, this is one of the major problem, the proliferation of small arms and light weapons are just everywhere in our country. without these weapons, boys, bandits, terrorists no go fit cause major attacks like the ones we are experiencing. It's also a great problem due to negligence and greed of our security forces.
A one time minister of interior, Abba Moro once said that ,there are over 1449 irregular (illegal) and 84 regular (legal) identified entry routes into Nigeria, confirms the very porous state of these borders which permits the illicit transnational arms trafficking..

In summary : For me na to find ways to reduce and make politics less attractive, then use the money run programmes to reduce idleness, low income and try improve growth, using experts and transparent people. Lastly, seriously look for ways to secure borders..

Eh no easy but if we serious and support the changes. Then insecurity go reduce wella.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Spectaclesawe25: 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.

-Restructuring
-Community policing
-Capital purnishment( including Public execution in the hometown of the culprits if possible) for banditry, bokoharam, armed robbery and kidnapping and murder,illegal possession of armunitions and erring officers of the law.
-Investment in education and making a production economy instead of importing and weakening the naira.
-Jail terms for public office holders misappropriating funds and blacklisting such families from holding public office for life.
Do this and watch every one sit up... Nigerians are fearful people, instill fear and watch them adjust and responsible. If nothing is done quick Nigeria will fail as a nation.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Goahead(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
I'm gonna ask Buhari to rescind all his chauvinistic comments while positioning him unto the turret of canon in Kim Jong-un's style.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Goldenheart(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
smiley NUKE THE COUNTRY
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Fafesot: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

IPOB, SUNDAY IGBOHO, AND OTHERS
The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.
You can never make a good president, but rather like the one we have now. Any intellectually mobile person would discern you're tribally sentimental in your writeup. You mentioned Sunday Igboho and IPOB, termed their defensive activities as criminal acts and terrorist; but you forgot the gory and horrendous activities your brothers from the north are perpetrating over here. Don't you read papers?
I'm not a secessionist but with the way the system is being operated, I think detaching from these northern bigots wouldn't be a bad option.
Tell Fulanis to leave our farms and stop killing our people,as most if the problems of the country come from the north.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by mustafaa: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
Firstly, I will execute PDP apologists turned emergency activists soaking tribal war.

Secondly, I will destabilize the economy of our neighboring Francophone countries aiding Boko haram and arms smuggling, and tell France to fvck off.

Thank you.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
I'll make a law that Any crime whatsoever result to death instantly.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by jamace(m): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
Just make me a president. I have my plans already. wink

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Funkeshuga(m): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
as a President

I will first of all reassure equity among all tribes and ethnicities in Nigeria through pragmatic demonstration of this equity and not this one Buhari say with words but different in actions

shun injustice among tribes, redress the sack federal character and make sure all tribes are carried along

put much efforts in the social incentives with thorough following that will make sure all youths in 774 LGA in Nigeria are carried along, Buhari tried to do this but is politically motivated hence it couldn't achieved its objective

empower secondary school students that wish to have a skills, so that those seeing going to institution as a meal ticket would channel their potentials to other channels. this will reduce unemployment and increase more job opportunity to the youths

in short if the youths of this country aren't engaged with some things, insecurity will not end no matter what's put in place. ESN, Amotekun wouldn't have exist if there is no injustice in prosecuting and shielding some criminals because their kinsman is President

as a President I will banned open grazing and make sure any herdsmen roaming with his cow should be fine half of the worth of his cows he's arrested with, this will make their stupidity reduce small and pose less security challenges to the country

what's causing insecurity in Nigeria are injustice, shielding criminals because of their tribe affiliation, defending criminals against others because of tribe, unemployment and inequity
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Fafesot: 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

IPOB, SUNDAY IGBOHO, AND OTHERS
The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.
You can never make a good president, but rather like the one we have now. Any intellectually mobile person would discern you're tribally sentimental in your writeup. You mentioned Sunday Igboho and IPOB, termed their defensive activities as criminal acts and terrorist; but you forgot the gory and horrendous activities your brothers from the north are perpetrating over here. Don't you read papers?
I'm not a secessionist, but with the way the system is being operated, I think detaching from these northern bigots wouldn't be a bad option.
Tell Fulanis to leave our farms and stop killing our people,as most of the problems of the country come from the north.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by ultimatekint(m): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will just resign .

I will just resign.
I will just resign

I will just resign!
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by vikiphy89(m): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
Dis one na manifesto? Abeg go rest jare
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by planetx: 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
The person that will solve Nigeria's multi faceted problems will never be allowed to be president. A dysfunctional Nigeria is profitable to a lot of foreign and domestic interests. Nothing you are saying is something your leaders don't know already.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by JoeEeL(m): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
DIVIDE THE DAMN COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Badgers14: 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Adopt true federalism and regional and state policing.

I will hold the region police and government accountable for whatever happens in their regions.

Will not solve the whole problem but it will be effective.

You have my vote!
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by lozanni(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
The borders, especially in the north need to be properly secured to cut off weapons and ammunition supply to terrorists.
Also drones with heat sensors will be deployed to monitor movement of terrorists and bandits.
The military will be adequately equipped with modern weaponry and they will be adequately motivated to give their best for the country.
Cattle ranches will also be set up in Kano and other northern states that volunteer lands for ranching and cattle herders will be re-settled from southern states to that place.
Massive jobs and infrastructure will also be created to stem unemployment and engage most Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by toxtimmy: 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
We are missing the true solution.... Issue is, is the president clean?.... If president that is you or anyone is not clean there is nothing you can do to make things better.

By clean I mean you are not corrupt 80% of the time and
corrupt 20% of the tine.

In my life time only Abiola fits that category... all una politicians of today at the very least have done rituals to get there... I never even start talking about their corruption just rituals... Some have used humans as rituals..

majole:
Deal with criminals irrespective of their Ethnicity/Religion

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Blue3k(m): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Decentralization of the police force, focusing on interstate crime, tough on crime policies that punish crininal organizations e.g rico charges and increasing budget for domestic defance. Id also encourage citezens to arm themselves to protect themselves. Free people are allowed to protect their persons and property. Stand your ground and do so while the police are on their way.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by honor4me: 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
SimplyFacts:
See them,,,, angry

Enu dun ro 'fo grin
Thank you. Even Buhari thought it was going to be a cinch. He did him like magic.
The fact is that, this are the kind of engaging questions we need in this forum. Not abuses and ethnic fights.
Double the efforts of the security personnel, compensate them well and increase covert operations more than the overt’s

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by TBrown77(m): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
See all these are not SOLUTIONS, you are postponing the evi date!!!

My own solution is there are problems peculiar to the North, some are for the South and problems that is North and South.

Problems associated with North are; Boko haram, ISIS ,Kidnappings etc SOLUTIONS: leave these problems with them in the north and let them find SOLUTIONS to it by themselves ( other regions should stay clearly away) money to finance the security issues in the North should come from the North. Lobatan!!! When you

uote author=optionalY09 post=100518136]nothing like assuming many people working with Buhari are in the military with Buhari as general cmon they need nobody advise on security.

If igboho and team can bring sanity to Igagan and Ghani Adams and team brought some sanity to the southwest in few weeks. No shot fired. Buhari and team must be crazy if they cant solve insecurity problem in Nigeria [/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fear of the God of Jesus which equates FAIRNESS ,JUSTICE & EQUITY. Q.E.D
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Judgesledge(m): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will just resign and hand over to the PROF or the SHEIKH, they seem to be effective in whatever they do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bandits Now Using Nigerien Networks To Coordinate Attacks – Amin Almustapha Gobi / 2023: Tinubu Dominates Presidential Race, South East Leads With Aspirants / Doctored Budget: This Matter Is ‘sensitive’, Ita Enang Responds To Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.