Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,863 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? (23061 Views)

Masari: I Have No Joy Governing Katsina — The Insecurity Is Alarming / Uzodinma: Aggrieved Politicians Responsible For The Insecurity In Imo State / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by ThatFairGuy1: 4:39am On Apr 06, 2021
Beautiful suggestions. But you all should know that INSECURITY CAN NEVER BE STOPPED WITH POROUS BORDERS.

Another aspect is abuse of power.

so,
First is to secure the border.

Second is to set aside and implement a law which incriminates arms bearer.

Third is to employ and fully fund more security operatives.

Fourth is to set aside and implement a law which puts any killer to death

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by fcb212: 5:13am On Apr 06, 2021
return to regional government and resource control ...i will refer you to mathematic a pastor solved last year in linear equation about nigeria (adeboye)
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by orisa37: 5:43am On Apr 06, 2021
orisa37:

Deploy the Military and the Police to THEIR STATES of Origin. Make them RESPONSIBLE to their State Governments for their STATE CONTROL.

The EXCLUSIVE LIST OF THE 1999 CONSTITUTION is ABSOLUTE, BARBARIC, CORRUPT, DRACONIAN AND EXCRUCIATING. IT SHOULD BE REORIENTED INCLUSIVE AND CONCURRENT TO THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES GOVERNMENTS WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by ogwumgbe: 5:49am On Apr 06, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

IPOB, SUNDAY IGBOHO, AND OTHERS
The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.

I gave you a like for your piece bro. But the way I would handle it is to organize a national conference mandating all politicians and states governors to attend and bomb the venue for all the corrupt leaders including myself to die as a sacrifice to remove corruption from Nigeria entirely. Then the new people that will emerge to govern will do it with fear and sincerity of heart
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by orisa37: 5:54am On Apr 06, 2021
orisa37:

Deploy the Military and the Police with their weapons to THEIR STATES of Origin. Make them RESPONSIBLE to their State Governments for their STATE CONTROL.

EVERY HUMAN BEING IS AN AUTHORITY AND A POWER/MIGHT STAKEHOLDER OF GOD'S HOPE ON EARTH.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by loswhite(m): 5:57am On Apr 06, 2021
BBYYOLA:

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.
lol na wash
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by loswhite(m): 6:00am On Apr 06, 2021
oluwasegun007:
First of all the govt know the solution...but for so many reasons which include political reason they decide not to solve this problem.

Solving insecurity in this 21st century is centred around Technology and critical intelligence gathering which Nigeria currently lack.

Solution 1: we need to procure high tech unmanned drones that will man our territorial borders from unwanted infiltration and most importantly give our ground troops informed coordinate of insurgents and bandits location against ambush and attack and kidnapping..
NB: that this solution would be most effective in the north east, north west.
And it's much affordable when compared to solution 2.

Solution 2: launch Nigeria owned and controlled satellite in space (not the one launched and controlled from china). The satellite is to watch the entire country giving both the military, NSA, and para military information of ground activity throughout the country including the coastal region...the satellite would be a foundation to our missile program (that is if we have plan for any in the future) which would be launched at interval to destroy insurgents and bandits from their enclaves.

NB, solution one is short term while solution 2 is long term.

God bless Nigeria
The problem of this country is corruption. They will still money meant for security equipment
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Aremson14(m): 6:25am On Apr 06, 2021
Firstly we need to understand if there is no security in a nation the Economy of that nation would never function at its fullest capacity. Our military is underfunded and over stretched, truth is they are functioning at capacity. Budget for the military would rise to about 35%. With that we should be able to purchase sophisticated weapons, air assets,improve military personnels welfare, send a few of our troops abroad to countries like isreal, russia and europe for various trainings. With this boko Haram and co wouldn't stand a chance.
Secondly our borders are just too porous. There has been various reports that most people causing this mayhem are not even Nigerians some even go as much as naming Libyans. We need to set up a border joint task force. Know which routes criminals follow most times into the country and make it as difficult as possible for them.
Thirdly corruption. Where do this criminals get the cash to run their organisations? U guessed it right politicians with different ambitions. What we can do is improve our judiciary. Make sure justice comes quickly. Any one including politicians accused of sponsoring this criminals should be tried and convicted of treason very very quickly. If possible death sentence regardless of ur position.
Fourthly security officials are just too far from the citizens. A policy that in every local govt 55% of security personnels in the area must be from that area whilst 45% can be from other areas.
Finally the service chiefs and their families must relocate to the conflict zones. This would "make them understand there is fire on the mountain", afterall the families of those they swore to protect are the ones that are most affected. With their families there the oath they took would sink into their "medulla oblangata".
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by henrixx(m): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2021
for boko haram/bandits in the north....
****foremost,identify and arrest their sponsors/ suffocate cashflow to terrorist.
****temporarily shutdown all schools in rural areas.
****buy modern arms for the army and proper remuneration.
**** independent investigation in the military to fish out and prosecute accomplices.
****employ massive regional troops to complement and consolidate efforts of the nigerian arm

fulani in south....ban open grazing and cattle itinerancy. shoot on sight for gun wielding herdsmen

esn in south east/oduduwa south west/Niger delta emancipation...... national dialogue/national conference
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Rosemi(f): 6:49am On Apr 06, 2021
* When got in the act, no prison.
* Public execution..
* no preference
* no tribalism, no consideration
" equality before the law
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Abagworo(m): 6:49am On Apr 06, 2021
BBYYOLA:

Finishing the Book Haram

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes

Kidnappings

Will they listen?
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Tenshades(m): 6:51am On Apr 06, 2021
1MILLIONLiGHTS:
1) Involve Isreal intelligence in internal espionage against dangerous politicians and cabals using blacks from neighboring african countries.
2) involve Mercenaries BIG TIME in the northeast.
3) Carryout and threaten by blackmailing any stubborn politician.
4) Build a powerful media campaign and propaganda for the world to hear and watch.
5) Carry out blitzkrieg operations once in while..... ( thousands of soldiers attack that forest at night for about 7hours of operation)
6)Create another fake Terrorist group that does not exist in reality. Only active on TV and internet with doctored videos. To enable our soldiers in defying Geneva conventions and be free in dealing with ragtags. Whatever happens the blame is shifted to the imaginary terrorist group.
7). Involve alot of foreign defense consultants.. Eastern Europe has the best and cheapest. Don't go to the USA you have yourself to blame.
cool. Work on Nigerians constitutions and military acts.

BANGER!...Wow
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by ObaOhiminni: 7:15am On Apr 06, 2021
As for mhi ehhn. Nna i will sell dhiz country pluz all d small money wer we don gather, share am to all citizen so dat we go finally leave dhiz country...
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Myclubmycash: 7:32am On Apr 06, 2021
(1) What's the major cause of insecurity??
Answer: JOBLESSNESS
Then create jobs.
(2) Would steady power supply enhance entrepreneurial and security stability?
Answer: YES
Then, let there be steady electricity.
(3) What's wrong with the present set up
ANSWER: A lot but ultimately, power need to be decentralized. Each community should be allowed to form their own security outfit.. Our people are even more scared of their community guards than the NPF.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Eagba(m): 7:34am On Apr 06, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.
by fighting corruption, injustice, poverty, religion and finally using a hunt and kill tactic
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2021
mccloud224:

List Nnamdi crimes. ..

What did you lose through KANU?
What did you or What did we and Nigeria lose? angry
1800 criminals that are now let loose in Imo state to rob, kidnap, rape and perform other criminal activities
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Herbephe1(m): 7:36am On Apr 06, 2021
ultimatekint:
I will just resign .
I will just resign. I will just resign
I will just resign!

Then don't let me hear you blaming buhari again, soogbo
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Arigwaska: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2021
to solve insecurity in Nigeria is to build a massive prison, anyone fountain one thing or violating should be moved straight to that prison. Nigerian's needs iron hands (North Korea)
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Adopt true federalism and regional and state policing.

I will hold the regional police and government accountable for whatever happens in their regions.

Chop knuckle. cheesy

Though you didn't complete it.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Trustedpronet: 7:54am On Apr 06, 2021
BBYYOLA:

Finishing the Book Haram

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes

Kidnappings

For Mentioning Zakzaky mean you have a sound knowledge about the affair of the nation.God bless your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by charlesucheh(m): 8:30am On Apr 06, 2021
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by ladywise: 9:02am On Apr 06, 2021
I will make minimum wage #100,000, unemployed #50,000. Maximum wage #300,000.

Adopt true federalism and regional and state policing.

I will hold the regional police and government accountable for whatever happens in their regions.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by DedeNkem: 9:08am On Apr 06, 2021
It would be extremely tod vvgught to fix Nigeria! But I'll do the following;

- Real Referendum. Not like the useless previous one under Jonathan.

- Detribalize all security agencies.

- Execute corrupt politicians. The same way the late Jerry Rawlings did.

- Detribalize public offices.

- Reduce salaries of public office holders. Senators shouldn't earn more than doctors.

- End extra judicial killings by executing murderous security agents.

- Roll back all the damages the North inflicted on this nation in their dangerous pursuit of dominance!!
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.
start by changing the constitution to accommodate state and local government police. then keep a small very highly equip federal police unit comprising of two unit. 1 intelligent gathering unit and tactical unit. highly equipped and highly responsive. the unit will be well trained with few men but with enough modern gadgets, both communication, armour vehicle, body armor and their own helicopters for quick response. it will means stopping criminals at the point of action, that will strike fear in the heart of criminals.
then I will set up the police of the police, that is a body that will check the excesses of all the police units in the country, once you restore confidence things will gradually return to normal. also retraining of the existing policemen and women, setting up a psychological unit for constant evaluation of their mental state. increasing basic salary of service men. Also I will rest the military and setup national guard that will be more like in-between the police and the military. then lastly the Nigerian populace needs serious orientation, and I think we already have body for that though they seems to be inactive for sometime now
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by hakymbiyiyaho: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2021
My comment is very late but let me give my own opinion. If i found myself in that position, there will be carrot and stick policies that will make everyone stick to their duties. All security chiefs will be on the same level and each tribe will go and man his or her region to zero crime rate.

All will always report to me and there shall be reward for any chief whose region is well secured for every quarter while punishment shall be met on the one who fails to perform.

They will be pushed to work with the local securities, the kings and the peace loving citizens who knows the crime points in every region.

I will ensure all those who work with the service chiefs must learn how to use/ operate DRONE to be able to locate criminals. Then jobless suspect who did not fall during attack by the forces gets a reasonable job.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by 2000yearsago: 10:00am On Apr 06, 2021
"Pakistan sees red over India's deployment of ‘one million troops’ in Kashmir"
This happened year's back.
As the president of federal republic of Nigeria
1. Recruit 1.2 million contract special security forces with minimum qualification being HND & BSC. , 200K from each geopolitical zone.
Any group under any name that this number is released against will melt before their arrival. When their mission is accomplished. Pay them off while they return to their regions to support regional security architecture that will be created by state policing.
2. Formation of state police and decentralised federal police leadership such that each region will have it's own IG. each IG reports directly to the president.
3.Establish regional political structures so as to reduce the power at the centre, this am sure can eliminate call for break up from Nigeria.
4.Adopt electronic voting to eliminate electoral fraud especially using the latest technology so that people who has the interest of the people can get into leadership positions.

5. The Regional political structure should collate and submit to the centre their demands while the centre looks into it especially security and economy.
6. Empower the existing and new security outfit with modern weapons to fight the enemy.
7.I will visit the war fronts every month to motivate my troops.
8. I will make it compulsory by law that all political office holder swear with traditional juju that they will not steal when they get to office.
9. Give a conducive environment for the regions to thrive economically by establishing regional trade institutions.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by vuc1(m): 10:17am On Apr 06, 2021
If I'm the president I'll ensure that states control their own security structure(the police, the military and any other security apparatus in the state). The states know their people, their terrain and where the shoe pinches them. There will be no federal might. Then the governors will also on their part not be in total control of the security structure to avoid abuse. Each local government will also have theirs controlled by the LG chairman. The villages and towns will be allowed the authority to control whoever is deployed to them. Then on accounts that the security challenges have overpowered the towns and villages "only them" can hand over the power to the LG to handle. Same goes to the LG to the state government and same to the state to the federal government. By doing that none of them will have the power to control the security situation unless invited and by so doing there will be no impunity or abuse of power and authority which could worsen security situation. Then at every level of the security structure you will notice that none of them will like to be incompetent, they will like to protect their people to reign supreme. Power intoxicates humans and they will like to do anything to remain relevant and important.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by wizod(m): 11:13am On Apr 06, 2021
send every uniformed/security man to serve in his state and secure its borders. CASE CLOSED

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Temptation99: 11:19am On Apr 06, 2021
If I'm the president of the Nation I Will start Mass recruitment of security men in all the security agency in every month for two years. Together with teachers, doctors e.t.c.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by thinkmoney(m): 11:35am On Apr 06, 2021
BBYYOLA:

Finishing the Book Haram

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes

Kidnappings

You try...but I have lasting solutions to these crisis I wont say it here though, it might be bastardise. Good solutions in bad people's hand will become a problem.
But I swear, I have clear ideas
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by remzytimer: 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
Proactiveness and stop playing to galary, see security as the life wire of this nation!
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by chukswag(m): 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2021
Increase military budget, get more hi tech equipment and personnel (US). Enlist more security men. approve arm carrying by civilians. Approve state policing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ipob’s Sit-at-home Hampers Ethiopian Airlines’ Flight To Enugu / Ondo APC, PDP, SDP Chieftains Defect To Labour Party / Danbaba Suntai To Be Replaced As Taraba State Governor .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.