Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? (22471 Views)

Masari: I Have No Joy Governing Katsina — The Insecurity Is Alarming / Uzodinma: Aggrieved Politicians Responsible For The Insecurity In Imo State / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Seebrian(m): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

IPOB, SUNDAY IGBOHO, AND OTHERS
The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.
Very impressive submission i must say. But you omitted the most essential which is employment of the younger generation aim to eliminate a dormant work force labour.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Omololupromise: 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
As a president of Nigeria Republic firstly I will act according to Constitution of Nigeria how can how can inspector General of police who has to served for 35 years and who is above 60 years of age the current administration refused to return him they have turned our Nigeria constitution's upside down secondly I will balance the tribalism and a nepotism in all the government organisation. Before security challenges issues.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by truth4ull: 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by sunnymaja(m): 11:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
The easiest way to end a crime is to promulgate law against it and execute judgement speedily. Let there be death sentence and not bailable for offences like kidnapping, terrorism, ritual killings etc in addition existing armed robbery and murder. The the judgement must be concluded to supreme court within one year. Once found guilty and sentenced to death, execution must be within 21days. The time frame is necessary to avoid jail breaks by the sympathizers. I noticed kidnapping was almost gone after Oshiomole signed death sentence in Edo and Ambode followed suit in Lagos. Most of the advanced countries like Russia and North Korea keep crime low because of the harsh judgments compared to America that is lenient with criminals. People ordinarily dont want to die and looking at the judgement before committing the crime has moral burdens. You don't beg witches because they are in to perpetrate evil even if you provide for their needs; the only language witches understand is violent prayers to destroy them. It is the same in the physical
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by calcal: 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
most of the responses are most likely from our youths, I wish they can save this page and come back to it after 30 years.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by WEALTHYMII: 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
Arewa agenda should give Professor Yemi Osinbajo free hand to express his leadership qualities & the issues of insecurity will be solved in 21 days.
Arewa agenda tribalistic policies is the biggest problem.
Nigeria needs equity ,inclusiveness & justice irrespective of tribe & religion.
Arewa agenda has failed Nigeria.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by BigBashiru: 11:45pm On Apr 05, 2021
oluwasegun007:
First of all the govt know the solution...but for so many reasons which include political reason they decide not to solve this problem.

Solving insecurity in this 21st century is centred around Technology and critical intelligence gathering which Nigeria currently lack.

Solution 1: we need to procure high tech unmanned drones that will man our territorial borders from unwanted infiltration and most importantly give our ground troops informed coordinate of insurgents and bandits location against ambush and attack and kidnapping..
NB: that this solution would be most effective in the north east, north west.
And it's much affordable when compared to solution 2.

Solution 2: launch Nigeria owned and controlled satellite in space (not the one launched and controlled from china). The satellite is to watch the entire country giving both the military, NSA, and para military information of ground activity throughout the country including the coastal region...the satellite would be a foundation to our missile program (that is if we have plan for any in the future) which would be launched at interval to destroy insurgents and bandits from their enclaves.

NB, solution one is short term while solution 2 is long term.

God bless Nigeria

The person monitoring the video will fall asleep on duty and his her boss will refuse to fire him or her becos they from the same town or because he is interested in her because she's a "fyne girl". Nigeria is cursed spiritually which manifests in indiscipline.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Gift522: 11:45pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by BigBashiru: 11:47pm On Apr 05, 2021
sunnymaja:
The easiest way to end a crime is to promulgate law against it and execute judgement speedily. Let there be death sentence and not bailable for offences like kidnapping, terrorism, ritual killings etc in addition existing armed robbery and murder. The the judgement must be concluded to supreme court within one year. Once found guilty and sentenced to death, execution must be within 21days. The time frame is necessary to avoid jail breaks by the sympathizers. I noticed kidnapping was almost gone after Oshiomole signed death sentence in Edo and Ambode followed suit in Lagos. Most of the advanced countries like Russia and North Korea keep crime low because of the harsh judgments compared to America that is lenient with criminals. People ordinarily dont want to die and looking at the judgement before committing the crime has moral burdens. You don't beg witches because they are in to perpetrate evil even if you provide for their needs; the only language witches understand is violent prayers to destroy them. It is the same in the physical

God bless your wisdom @ the bolded. America is a shithole....
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 11:51pm On Apr 05, 2021
1) Involve Isreal intelligence in internal espionage against dangerous politicians and cabals using blacks from neighboring african countries.
2) involve Mercenaries BIG TIME in the northeast.
3) Carryout and threaten by blackmailing any stubborn politician.
4) Build a powerful media campaign and propaganda for the world to hear and watch.
5) Carry out blitzkrieg operations once in while..... ( thousands of soldiers attack that forest at night for about 7hours of operation)
6)Create another fake Terrorist group that does not exist in reality. Only active on TV and internet with doctored videos. To enable our soldiers in defying Geneva conventions and be free in dealing with ragtags. Whatever happens the blame is shifted to the imaginary terrorist group.
7). Involve alot of foreign defense consultants.. Eastern Europe has the best and cheapest. Don't go to the USA you have yourself to blame.
cool. Work on Nigerians constitutions and military acts.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Mrquote: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.
Simply state policing and reform the electoral law to make it difficult to rig yourself into office using violence or any means that is not justifiable.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Lamasta(m): 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
EQUITY, JUSTICE and FAIRNESS will solve 90% of our security challenges in this nation...
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Ayobamix(m): 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will just separate the three major tribe period give them there president and make there money for them
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by godofuck231: 12:09am On Apr 06, 2021
My resignation
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by adamumar522(m): 12:09am On Apr 06, 2021
Change the service chiefs and make sure all those at the war front are paid diligently
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Bakrabas: 12:12am On Apr 06, 2021
Through confederalism, Nigeria as a nation is too big for a Central power to manage. The federal excessive power should be reduced to 20%.Each state should manage its own security affairs
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by OyinO: 12:31am On Apr 06, 2021
As it stands, there's no solution to Nigeria's problems except dissolution/disintegration.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Yankee101: 12:33am On Apr 06, 2021
1. Carrots

Jobs, entrepreneurship

2. Sticks

Death sentences
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by cuteralph101(m): 12:49am On Apr 06, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

IPOB, SUNDAY IGBOHO, AND OTHERS
The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.
you be soldier
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by jamjo: 12:58am On Apr 06, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.

There will be short term and long term plan
Short term
1-Allow all communities in the country to form volunteer vigilante groups to protect themselves and make sure that they work with the police. Policing is local for effective policing communities must be involved.
2-Decentralize the police force and allow all the states to manage policing according to their need.
3-Transfer all the police personals to their respective states then if the number of personals is small the states can recruit the numbers they need.
4-Increase the law enforcement pay and give every state 10 billion Naira for equipment. The morale of our law enforcement is low so a little pay increase will go a long way.
5-Combine the Army, Airforce, Custom, and the Navy to take over our borders.
6-Make sure there is a synergy between all the law enforcement agencies from the Army, Airforce, Navy, Police, DSS, Custom, Civil defense, and the vigilantes.

Long Term
1-Reviving the economy
2-Tackling unemployment
3-Digitalizing the vital records in the country
4-Restructure Nigeria
5-Conduct Censuses
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by LordErrk: 1:18am On Apr 06, 2021
I'd invite mercenaries and give them a shoot to kill order. I want no bloody prisoners
By the time it goes on for 2 months everybody will get sense by force

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:03am On Apr 06, 2021
The government should tackle the
problem unemployment first, how can people be surviving on 30k salary with family, yet some state government find it very difficult to pay. The government should make it mandatory for every student skill acquisition, since from primary to university, so many jobless graduate for God sake they have parent to feed, t
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:05am On Apr 06, 2021
I will Divide the country because pap and Garri can't go together
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:05am On Apr 06, 2021
The government should employ vigilantes from every community and fix them on pay roll systems, because they know the community more than any one. Bringing foreigners to tackle insecurity in a place they have never been before is not the way.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by rhektor(m): 2:08am On Apr 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Insecurity is everywhere......asia to europe.....
Insecurity can not be tackled or solved....it can only be reduced
How would you reduce it then?
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Cousin9999: 2:13am On Apr 06, 2021
Wow. There's so much you can do, but I'd start off with:

- Create a program to increase law enforcement spending and gradually upgrade facilities, training, and equipment.

- Increase military funding specifically for a Boko Haram operation. Make that a major objective for the government.

- Create a funding program for small businesses.

- Ban foreign investors from bringing their own people into the country to run businesses. They have to hire locals, and train people if they can't find exactly what they need.

- Invest heavily in manufacturing and agriculture.

- Partner with law enforcement to find, prosecute, and properly sentence (life sentence) corrupt/thieving politicians. Create new legislation where necessary. Treat their crime like treason.

- Increase taxes on the largest organizations, and route it to infrastructure, healthcare, and education (primary, secondary, and tertiary).

- Force foreign owned companies to pay much higher taxes (routed to education and infrastructure).

- Invest heavily in energy, infrastructure, health care, and related R& D.

- Invest in public transportation: buses, light rail, and high speed trains.

- Expand activities and work of NYSC.

- Establish a strong points system to determine whether nonblacks can migrate.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by witworth(m): 2:13am On Apr 06, 2021
I will divide the nation and join my people in my Yoruba country, others can solve their terrorism themselves, e no go be a general problem for me anymore
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Cousin9999: 2:15am On Apr 06, 2021
rhektor:

How would you reduce it then?

IMHO, it's mostly a symptom of poverty and culture, so you attack poverty. Culture is a whole other discussion.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by DonroxyII: 2:17am On Apr 06, 2021
Orubebe01:
Once the economic problem is solved and we are sincere with ourselves as a Nation ... Sincerity means Fiscal Federalism then Insecurity will be automatically solved !!

A nation is a system !
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by 1972xy: 4:01am On Apr 06, 2021
Orubebe01:
There is no country called Nigeria again. Buhari has ended Nigeria.
We have 4 countries in Nigeria already.
Soon, their independence are looming.
1. Oodua Nation
2.People Republic of Biafra
3. Arewa United Emirate
4.Sambisa Republic.
There is nothing to fix in Nigeria again. What people don't understand is that ....we are all starting again. ...all these stealing, embezzlement everywhere....all of them will meet their Waterloo. what that bandits , heardsmen, kidnappers and Bokoharam are doing are just tips of an iceberg. War is looming.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Duplexxx: 4:06am On Apr 06, 2021
As a Nigeria President i will first arrest all those looters wen dem don thief thief money all stolen money will be return or life imprisonment with no mercy

Boko / ipob/esn na small terror group where i dey o
I will flush dem out by sweeping and resweeping all Nigeria forest by my order any herdsmen, bandit, Ipob/Esn members caught kill dem with no mercy

Many police officers will lose their jobs because of corruption

I will recruit police officers that will not collect bribe from even governors

Nigeria scammers organization

I will measure i flushes out those scammers / internet fraudsters call dem sef yahoo boyz
I promise you'll never hear the name again

I have many in my mind to do as Nigeria President i will not say it make una no go copy my idea
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by sulaak(m): 4:28am On Apr 06, 2021
Ending the Sokoto Caliphate (Sultanate ) and the associated Emirates in Northern Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Meets Pope Francis (Photo) / Amina Mohammed Sworn-In As As UN Deputy Secretary General (Photos) / Suspension Of Nigerian Top Judge Breaches Human Rights - UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.