Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,467 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? (23022 Views)

Masari: I Have No Joy Governing Katsina — The Insecurity Is Alarming / Uzodinma: Aggrieved Politicians Responsible For The Insecurity In Imo State / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by kaludestiny10(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
First and foremost, an idol man is a devil workshop, so the first step is by creating an enabling environment that will attract investors into the country and also granting of start up packs to the teaming population who are qualified for such.
Secondly, I will grant amnesty to all the arm carrying populace. Before then, standard and up to date skill acquisition centers will be set up in all the 6 geopolitical zones of the country, so that those that are willing to surrender their weapons will be trained in those centers and start up packs will be given to them after they must have been trained.
Lastly, those that refuse to surrender their weapons, will be dealth with decisively irrespective of their tribe and religion.
Before I forget, I will make sure that all genuine agitations are looked into, like power rotation and also by allowing each region to control their natural resources and then pay tax to the central government.
To my best of knowledge, these are the ways to control the security mess in this country.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by drmikeadams(m): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
sack the whole police force,army will be in charge,recruit new graduates for police job, , give them new uniform cos d old uniform is demonic...go Yankee hire their police guys to come retrain our police, ,Get proper police gadget S, bodycam, communication gadgets and good cars, police helicoptas,drones, install cameras with solar as fixing phcn na rocket science,,Get d full data base of the Nigerians,finger print database...rebuild the police stations and barracks so they can live and think like humans..

Then come back and sack the whole army and rebuild them too...

Then get d data base of the whole SARS members send all of them to sambisa ,na their them go retire...

Then do youth empowerment for our former leaders and politicians give them keke and okada both apc and pdp

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
1. State policing
- Real community stakeholders know the bad eggs in their midst. These so-called bad eggs are often useful in repelling attacks from neighbouring communities. Also, when there's a robbery in the community, if it was perpetrated by outsiders, these “bad eggs” are usually the ones with useful information to apprehend the robbers.

State policing might not rid the state of corruption, but knowing your family are depending on you to protect them is enough incentive to take your job seriously as a police officer. In state/community policing, the police officers must come from the state/community.

2. Publicly stipulate punishment for common crimes perpetrated by military personnel. And mention a top government official to be held accountable if justice is not achieved when a recalcitrant military person is reported.

3. Ban all vigilante activities. These vigilantes usually morph into dangerous informants.

4. For every terrorist arrested, all his/her family members should be tried in the court of law, if found to have abetted the crimes of their terrorist sibling or child, they should all be sentenced to death by firing squad.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Springboot: 9:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
MansoryMX:
How many times una go ask this question. Elect me as president first and watch me sweep terrorism away from Nigeria! If you expect me to share my formula so that, that walking corpse in Aso Rock can still my idea the you are joking!

Before sharing idea, I think you should improve on your grammar first.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Offpoint1: 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
Very simple...

Give the reasonable ones living in the north 1 month ultimatum to vacate north.... Then Nuke North.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by hush15: 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.

Very simple, if resigning will bring about some sanity, I will resign but I am confident that if I were president, there won't be anything like insecurity.

Am not implying there won't be misunderstandings but my government will always communicate with the people to resolve whatever difference.

That is what this government lacks.

Lies upon lies, we don't even know their truth anymore and worse part, the president is very poor when it comes to communication.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
okeyfrank:
Decentralize the Internal security architecture.
Devolve Power to the Regions/States/Zones
State Governors to head the security architecture in their various states
State Police for every state; No Federal Police anymore, but Federal Bureau of Intelligence to be constituted by all the state in equal ratios
Total Fiscal Restructuring with every state controlling 100% of every resource in the state, while paying 20% to the Federal Government
Return to the 1963 Constitution.
We are a nation, we first need to see each others as one, regardless of ethnicity or religion.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by pooozeee(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Police check point both day and night on all major roads at every 5km from each other
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by DNA4ALL(m): 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
I'll declare operation flush out bandits in Nigeria and on any Nigeria soil.
I wl search for an ordinary but incredible and exceptionally brilliant genius like in the army and offer him Chief of Army Staff if he can make sure he can lead the war successfully.
Imagine the govt sitting down igboho that if he can flush bandits out he wl be named General of the Army in Nigeria. He wl do it with all his might. Those ones there right now are fat cow. Look for an ambitious young man who lust after achievement to take the job. The result wl. B glaring for all to see.
Imagine tunde idiagbom in buhari's first regime.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by herphyz(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
so you expect bandits to stop after you keep paying huge amount for ransom..... and the same money is what they use to buy their machines......
so they can upgrade to the next level......

sometimes you have to be tough with the decision you make if the outcome will bring positive results...
just floor anything and let the masses have peace of mind
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by ModestGal(f): 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
As for me, I will do what I can do for those on ground. Focus my attention on mental health and psychologically heal the Nation, from the grassroots, to the teens and children.

I will employ genius in all sectors in Nigeria, I'm going to lay off all teachers in the country, enroll them in another job or just lay off those not intrested, especially NCE holders from some schools, same pay, look for genius to employ to teach from primary to higher institutions.

I will create thousands of activists in all sectors

I'm going to replace all the university lecturers with high thinking, innovative, modern thinking people. I will train all of them in psychology
I'm going to look for ways to attract investors

I will make sure that in my 8years tenure, I create several warloads, activists, strong minds, inventors to be etc
I'm going to use the media as a good instrument to promote love, tolerance, and diversity.

I'm going to cancel Nolywood movies or compelled them to write stories that would make the weakest mind to be agile, strong and ready for war. And they will start writing stories on how a poor boy becomes rich through his ideas, intuition, etc
I will create role models for teens and pupil's

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Priwillo: 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
Renogotiate the people's existence
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by MansoryMX(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
Springboot:

Before sharing idea, I think you should improve on your grammar first.

My grammar will be corrected by my secretary. Shift! Next question please!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Eriokanmi: 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
Probe northern leaders who ruled their states since independence and jail them, if still alive

They were promoting only Islamic education and almanjiris instead of counterbalancing it with western education like the south did. The abandoned almanjiris of yesterday have been disappointed, they're today's terrorists. Because they got disappointed, they now said western education was a sin, since it never favoured them. No thanks to their leaders
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Slayar: 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2021
1.Publicly execute terrorists,kidnappers and corrupt officials (stolen 10million above)

2.Stop open grazing

3.Sack Army and police chiefs when the dont deliver

4.Create Jobs

5.Intelligence gathering / state police
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by emmydee(m): 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
All these answers regarding deployment of security or State of emergency are rubbish. When the people are hungry or are fed up with the leadership, the level of revolt is unprecedented. There is nothing you can do to a hungry man. He must fight for food or he dies. He will never quit. If you like, buy all the weapons on Earth. That will never solve the problem. As a president, I will ensure the cost of food is brought down to the bearest minimum. I will provide free education and free health care to the best of my ability. I will ask for those who can afford it to donate for the care of the less privileged. I will ensure unquestionable level of transparency in governance and reduce the cost of governance itself. All of this is to bring trust, assurance and peace to the people. This is the only way.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by FBIBOT(m): 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
Local policing... And dealing with the judiciary....
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by charlesucheh(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
lexy2014:

7. Giving "fresh orders"
HOW?¿??
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by micflo28(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will create 36 IG of police for each state and 36 chief of army, navy and airforce staff. Grant Governors power to fire and hire their state service chiefs. Reduce security votes for all elected politicians. Increase allowances and salaries of security agents with robust training to tackle local insecurity issues. I will create competition amongst states by supporting any governor with the least dependence on national allocations and highest IGRs and it is judiciously used to replace me as the president. The state must be like a mini Dubai to receive this consideration.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by angelfallz(m): 9:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
Very simple. Decentralisation. Decentralise the police force. Every single constituent(state) should have it's own unique police force equipped to tackle the security challenge of its own constituent (state).
For example. There has been bandits attacks and school children kidnapping in Kaduna State, the Kaduna State police force leadership (inspector general of Kaduna State police force) can focus squarely on bandits, by training their men on how best to counter bandits, allocating the required resources, be it financial or manpower to the appropriate departments. The Kaduna State police force would be made up of Kaduna men so therefore, they would have more motivation to see their state secure.
This example can be applied to Oyo and Benue States where Fulani herdsmen have been terrorising citizens.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by lexy2014: 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by PS712: 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

You've tried.
Just note that there's deep rooted trust issues in Nigeria. Hence, your advisers and kinsmen will never agree for you to leave the VP in Abuja while you go for war. Never. Except you want to be the first victim of the crises you are going to quell in Maiduguri.
Secondly, some of these instabilities and insecurities are as a result of lack of unity of purpose and galvanization and unless Nigerians irrespective of religious and ethnic affiliations accept and respect each other's differences, there wouldn't be much going forward, sadly.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by King44(m): 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.
start by addressing the deficit in governance visit confab.... Decentralize the police in such a way that each state would have enough police and resources to finance the police F accountably and lastly deal with criminals the same way accordingly and mercilessly no matter where they come from, political or ethnic affiliation...

With this people's grievances which prompt criminality addressed
Police incapability and credibility addressed
Criminals and criminality issues addressed or cut to the barest minimum.

But trust Naija.... This won't happen because of stakeholders in gvt who make money robbing and killing people for self gain are actively working to destroy the country.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by opribo(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2021
Its very very simple, first the commander in chief must come with clear conscience, and deal with every with situation with equal measure.

The former COAS Ihejirika demonstrated it that boko can be defeated, they were almost wiped out not until bubu and his north started their evil campaign 'that an attack on boko was attack on the north'.

They didnt know its gonna be like this, if they knew they wouldn't have tried their evil plan.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by harjay1986: 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:

the best way to rule this, country is to first divide the Union.... because each region has their own belive and way of life ... If any one try to rule on all in Nigeria the person we fail more than Buhari and Jonathan put together... as a President I will make an exexutive order that will allow any region that want to be alone to be alone....
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will use our budget to play two sure odds.. then they will be enough money to go round to buy nuke and nuke the whole of sambisa and lake Chad area..
let me see the idiots that will try nonsense.. after dealing with Boko... I send string messages to them herdsmen, ipob,odua..if them don't behave I give them the Boko treatment..
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by uvie66: 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

IPOB, SUNDAY IGBOHO, AND OTHERS
The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.
This Guy makes sense
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Omoluabiii(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will place travel ban of everybody...
Then i will send my children & wife to dubai, Then me go jet out to london, for medical check up....... Make una keeey una sef... We go kantinue from who remain.... grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Criticalinfo: 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will enforce compulsory military service for all youths
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by extol1(m): 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
you will make a bad teacher
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Opak001(m): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
I believe 1999 in rivers state should be the best way out now.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Joseph08(m): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
Create employment opportunities and see how insecurity will reduce drastically.

An Idle mind is the Devils workshop!

Hunger is the number 1 cause of insecurity in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others / Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.