Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct (15657 Views)

Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT / List Of Senatorial Candidates For The 36 States And FCT And Their QUALIFICATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 9:45am On Apr 19, 2011
Buzman:

I am not surprised that the Igbos helped Jonathan to rig the last presidential election. They have always camped with the highest bidder - ego, kudi, owo or whatever you call it. The Igbos have been bought over and that's why they will never smell power in Nigeria. If you dispute this, look at when the Senate Presidency and PDP Chairmanship were zoned to the Igbos.
My brother, we have forgiven the SE for this Treasonable Felony and decided to allow them produce the next president in 2035 after the turn of SW in 2027.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 19, 2011
If a coin is tosed a million times it will still rest on it flat side.Buhari can never ever win an election in Nigeria,I see him as a professional contestant anyway.So very many things are wrong with this country take political division as an example as far as concern the so North central states shouldn't be classified as northern state, kwara for example is located in south west and over 85 percent of her citizens and residents are yoruba even ko4 has a similar story benue/benueans are closer to East than north in term of culture, so i dont know what makes this hausas believe they should/mu*st win elections.A critical analyses of tribes in nigeria shows that hausas and fulani t6gether constitute 39 percent of Nigeria's population while yorubas alone constitute 31 percent so any tribe can win elections in tgs country.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Omooba77: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2011
Everyone has said this election is credible enough, if Buhari is saying this what of all the underage voters in all the noth, at least it is un record that the resident electoral officer for Bauchi was almost lynched that day because he stopped underage voters. You can confirm from AIT. So what are we saying?. Nigeria is a funny place, when you loose it was rigged and when you win it is ok. We should forge ahead and leave this tribalistic politics behind. I'm from the north and poverty is so prevalent over there, that is why it is easy to use them for riot. People that were supposed to be in school. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Omooba77: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2011
Even when you remove all the SE&SS votes assuming nobody votes for GEJ, Buhari would have led with about 500,000 votes. So what are we saying? Please let peace reign in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by bisiaet: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2011
Let heaven fall infact let the election be done 20 time I repeat Buhari will not win a single state in SS,SW,SE so let Buhari reject it and go to world court or heaven court he will still loose. The same mistake the North make during Yardua saga happened again by turning to the street and burn houses and attack people other tribes in Nigeria now hated the North the more for this their "North MUST" rule egocentric belief and this will deepen their lost in subsequent election to come.

How I wish a well focus and good oriented person can tell them the truth that the more you do violent the more other tribe and region within the country hated them and slimm their chances in political game is so sad indeed. When 2007 was rigged badly and gave Yardua the mandate all we hear is rakadede from the Hausa and no other tribe went to street to burn house or kill anybody but now reverse is the case and heaven want to fall is a shameful thing.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by BabaTony: 9:55am On Apr 19, 2011
I dont' know why the CPC are failing to understand what went on during the elections. the results are very clear as daylight with the following reasons.

1. What did he expect from the SE and especially the SS, this is a region who have been longing for a preseident and now the got the opportunity to elect one, these guys are smart , they gave it its best shot.

2. the CPC is no where in the SS and SE and SW, no serious campaigns where done here, the same shabby way they disregard the southerners, was the same way the conducted their campaigns in the south, this is a region they know for Godsake is not their strong hold they should have exerted more campaigns, but they didnt, now they are crying foul. miracles dont just happen!

3. They are complaining that the PDP rigged in some states in the North, these are states that have the PDP as their state governors, of course these governors will make sure they capaign vigorously for their party, if not they will lose their seats in the next elections, that is why the votes in those states where shared, its simple logic!

4. Proir to this time, the CPC had NO elected official in the country not to talk about the south, no local govt chairman, no house of rep, senator, governor etc. The are in contention for the race just because of one man, Buhari, period. if burahi leaves the CPC tmrw, i bet you, CPC is finished.

5. They complain that the ACN sold out their votes in the SW to PDP, the truth is that the ACN knew very well that the SW will surely vote to the PDP not because of PDP sake but because of Jonathan, so that is why Tinubu even considered having a talk with the PDP in Abuja to reach an accord knowing well that that romance might bring them closer to the center. meanwhile this happened afetr the ACN/CPC romance which broke down due to reasons well known to everybody.

6. PDP  no matter what reservations we might have against them is still a national party, no party in Nigeria is as national as PDP, they are the only party that have it clearly in their constitution the issue of zoning. That is also why they could pull votes from the North. ACN, CPC, APGA are all regional parties, etc are all regional parties. Have you guys see the results on the map of nigeria the North south divide is very clear, so if probably all the major contenders had their candidates from one part of the country the results i bet would have been different and probabbly PDP would have lost.

Finally i want to state that it takes a national party to win presidential elections in Nigeria and PDP have shown that, if the oppposition is really serious about getting power from tha PDP without having selfish or ethnic interests, they should all come together, the ACN, CPC and APGA and form a party that will have a national outlook, then ppl will have the confidence to give them the mandate especially at the presidency level.

So I plead with buhari and his CPC ppl to stop overheating the populace with violence and  going to court( which i think they would lose anyway) and go back to the drawing board to restrategise and thin of how they can have a national look and appeal to Nigerians
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by bisiaet: 9:56am On Apr 19, 2011
My brother, we have forgiven the SE for this Treasonable Felony and decided to allow them produce the next president in 2035 after the turn of SW in 2027.

A threat or Bullying??
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Xfactoria: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari even rejected the result from Lagos and Ogun State. Very funny!!!! The guy did not say anything about the underage voting in the north because he knows he benefited from it. This election gave him away as a poor strategist.

Now I need answer to this:

Is rigging defined as the process of winning election by PDP only??

What is the process by which other parties like CPC and ACN win elections??

Were the NASS elections rigged anywhere in the north?? Did CPC have any candidate in the South in the NASS poll?

Did CPC win any state in the South - SW, SE, SS??

How many votes altogether did CPC candidates ganered in the South during the NASS polls??

If we are able to answer this question, then we will know whether the elections were rigged or not.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Konjour(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2011
But i thought the man's running mate was a ''popular'' Pastor, seems like its becoming a vogue nowadays,i bet he'd have declared his political ambition

as a vision from God to replicate Moses' feat in Egypt.

And i heard he was the same person who insinuated that the post-election times were gonna be bloody and ''wild'' in the north if his opponents rigged.

God is simply God for not having the short fuse of a dude like me even when his name is being used to perpetrate fraud,injustice and violence,

cuz if he had,a lot of these Political-voguey pastors would had been struck by thunder

and lightning by now and their dead bodies flung up on an Iroko tree.  angry
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2011
efisher:

If he says people did not vote GEJ in the north, then whose house is being burnt? Why are churches being burnt in those states? Why are there PDP governors and appointees in those states?
Because they fail to  executed a Diplomatic Rigging as given to them by their pay masters where everybody would have gone home happy! But unfortunately, they were not so smart-Kaduna: CPC-1.3m, PDP-1.2m.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Redstone(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2011
Please Nlanders, the gory picture I saw about burnt dead bodies littered everywhere, is it a recent picture or the picture of past violence. Please people should post recent happenings in the country so we can have a clear update on the electoral issue.

About Buhari, it is apparently clear now that he is not a patroitic Nigerian, i see him as a pretenders, and only God knows what Nigeria would have turned into had he won the election.

Having overthrown a democratic govt in the past, he has no business seeking democratic position in this country, and that is where we are getting it wrong, people like that should be banned from politics, because he is a cameleon.

There is nothing is rejecting result, they all rigged election, and the best rigger won, however, how did Buhari think he could win in south, he forgot that the election was all about personality, not party level this time, and Jonathan as an individual won the hearts of many Nigerians, and as result Nigerians gave hinm their vote.

Buhari and his followers should hink analytically and stop this violence. By the way where is our outspoken pastor Tunde Bakare, why is he silent, or is he also supporting violence when I know that he know the best way to seek redress is through the justice system.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by fxtopedia(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2011
Princek12:

[size=18pt]most of Buhari's supporters are almajiris and illiterates; they are not idiots[/size]. Do you think your candidate could have won in the SS and SE? A free and fair election will actually prove whether the north and south can co-exist. The British imposed the north upon the south, even though we are ideologically different. The north needs to merge with Chad and Niger, so that they can practice their Sharia and go to Quranic shools that don't teach "western education." They should rear their cattle and rule over themselves while their women cover their heads and faces like Iranian women, because women have little or no rights under sharia law.

The north has adopted sharia law and is unwilling to practice secular just like the south. I think the north is better with Chad and Niger, so that we southerners can move towards the 21st century with our progressive mindset.

U make sense jare
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by shogi: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2011
Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Cue(m): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2011
I used to think nairalanders were young logically-thinking progessive Nigerians.Most of wat i see here is ethnic filth, Dis is not politics.dis is simple math.u will say av come again, GEJ Polled 22,495,187 votes against Buhari's 12,214,853.The gap is therefore 10,280,334.Some people wey no pass math for school dey complain about votes from south east/south.GEJ's total votes from SE=4,985,246.SS(xcept ACN's Edo)=5,576,435.total GEJ for SE+SS=10,561,681.So assumin NOBODY from SE+SS voted GEJ,[b]assumin GEJ got NO VOTES AT ALL from south east and south south,Buhari will lead him by only 281,347 votes![/b]There is a kind of GAP dat u witness and u keep quiet,so as not to disgrace urself.Its just like someone beating u 9-0 in a football match of 11 against 11 and u give bad officiating as an excuse, y couldnt u even score a couple of goals?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by UcheCuba: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2011
If it is true that Buhari is challenging this election then my respect for him just nosedived.
I used to think that he has the interest of Nigeria at heart but with what I am hearing from the north, I think that God has mercifully delivered us from the hands of these "men".

I was even telling the people I know to vote for him, and I succeeded in convincing some people but with this type of response, men, I think I was wrong.

Why cant he call his supporters to order?

Why cant he tell them that violence is not the way to solve problems?

How did he even imagine that he can get any vote from the South East/South where he practically did not campaign?

Before the election I was telling my mum to vote for Buhari and she was asking me who is Buhari,if he is contesting?And they are saying that the votes in the SE was rigged, how wrong I was with this man!!!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by itsmayiela(m): 10:12am On Apr 19, 2011
I cast my vote in Uduaka Primary School, Mosogar, Ethiope West Local Govt Area of Delta State. The voting arrangement was horrible. There was no policeman present. No observer or journalist. No opposition party agent. The entire place was like a market place.

Any accredited person can go and collect ballot papers for as long as he/she wants. There was no check to this. The nysc lady would only check if there is ink on one's finger (which is a sign of accreditation I guess) then issues you with ballot paper.

To add to the irregularity was that, there was a PDP agent that stands by the polling booth and intimidates voters to thumbprint for PDP. The moment you're given ballot paper, his work is to collect the ballot paper from you and shows you where to thumbprint. I vehemently refused to thumbprint for PDP. They was chaos & they later discovered I am not an indigene. They allowed me to cast the vote of my choice. But when i was about putting it in the ballot box, another one of them came to thumbprint on my ballot paper thereby invalidating my vote.

I was scared and had to leave the vicinity immediately. I am not surprised that Buhari lost the election.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by bisiaet: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2011
Now I need answer to this:

Is rigging defined as the process of winning election by PDP only??

What is the process by which other parties like CPC and ACN win elections??

Were the NASS elections rigged anywhere in the north?? Did CPC have any candidate in the South in the NASS poll?

Did CPC win any state in the South - SW, SE, SS??

How many votes altogether did CPC candidates ganered in the South during the NASS polls??

If we are able to answer this question, then we will know whether the elections were rigged or not.

Bros please tell Buhari and his Almajiri supporters biko.

I can't understand how people do think it really baffles me in fact many do not even know CPC as a party to be honest and they are talking of becoming the president. The last Senate election a party that want to rule over 160million souls only got 5 seat in total in both lower house and upper house of National Assembly is this not weird? And still they want to be president I mean this is just a gross miscaculation I have ever seen. A mad, mad, mad dream.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by sayso: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2011
Princek12:

most of Buhari's supporters are almajiris and illiterates; they are not idiots. Do you think your candidate could have won in the SS and SE? A free and fair election will actually prove whether the north and south can co-exist. The British imposed the north upon the south, even though we are ideologically different. The north needs to merge with Chad and Niger, so that they can practice their Sharia and go to Quranic shools that don't teach "western education." They should rear their cattle and rule over themselves while their women cover their heads and faces like Iranian women, because women have little or no rights under sharia law.

The north has adopted sharia law and is unwilling to practice secular just like the south. I think the north is better with Chad and Niger, so that we southerners can move towards the 21st century with our progressive mindset.

This election has just proved your point,free n fare has shown that the North/South cannot leave together and truly this are the reasons our elections had in the past been rigged to favor a particular candidate so that people will not know this fact.Our Old politician are really intelligent not to separate this country by their actions, that we the populace termed disgraceful  now the ugly truth is out.The question now is if this continues,how do we deal with it?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2011
itsmayiela:

I cast my vote in Uduaka Primary School, Mosogar, Ethiope West Local Govt Area of Delta State. The voting arrangement was horrible. There was no policeman present. No observer or journalist. No opposition party agent. The entire place was like a market place.

Any accredited person can go and collect ballot papers for as long as he/she wants. There was no check to this. The nysc lady would only check if there is ink on one's finger (which is a sign of accreditation I guess) then issues you with ballot paper.

To add to the irregularity was that, there was a PDP agent that stands by the polling booth and intimidates voters to thumbprint for PDP. The moment you're given ballot paper, his work is to collect the ballot paper from you and shows you where to thumbprint. I vehemently refused to thumbprint for PDP. They was chaos & they later discovered I am not an indigene. They allowed me to cast the vote of my choice. But when i was about putting it in the ballot box, another one of them came to thumbprint on my ballot paper thereby invalidating my vote.

I was scared and had to leave the vicinity immediately. I am not surprised that Buhari lost the election.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by uglybetty: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2011
how did he win? when even the his hausa brothers voted for GEJ. He should better call his smelling underage, yeye abokis to other and stop the killing of innocent Nigerian's, before the pick him up. Despirado.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2011
It is very anoying for Buhari to think that he can win this election. The guy is power hungry and tyranical.

CPC has no single structure in the South South and South East. What campaigns did he really do in the 11 states of South South and South East?

The day I listened to an interview of his on radio, the old man was so disappointing; inagine that the interviewer had to be repeating questions for him, because he was always going OP.

Buhari cannot, I repeat cannot win this election even if Ribadu had stepped down for him. So many of us canpaigned against him and we are ready to continue to campaign against him. He is part of the problem Nigeria has.

The "burning" in the North by his foot soldiers is a proof that our decision to vote him "down" was indeed a wise one.

I thought they want one Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by obongtunji: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2011
Instead of buhari 2 caution his Congress Party 4 d Cattles member,he is rejectin d result. Where is d passion he claimd 2 hav 4 dis nation? May b d passion is 2 c innocent souls killed 4 his questionable ambition 2 b a president. Y is he lukin 4 vote from d souteast where is being governd by pdp. PDP should hav questiond d vote he got from vp state(kaduna) &landslide vote he got from kano,but no because d vote show who they want in d same way souteast, soutsout,soutwest, kogi,kwara, plateau, adamawa&d rest hav spoken.CPC won in kano,kaduna,gome, sokoto yet they ar fight, anambra remain kalm because they votd pdp, d same goes 4 oda states where pdp won.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by efisher(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari is the only one complaining. Go to GEJ's facebook page and read the mind blowing comments from thousands of Nigerians from North, East, West and South. Nobody in the south is protesting that it was rigged, yet more than half of the states listed in his "black book" are southern states. The man is completely dumb.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Princek12(m): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2011
sayso:

This election has just proved your point,free n fare has shown that the North/South cannot leave together and truly this are the reasons our elections had in the past been rigged to favor a particular candidate so that people will not know this fact.Our Old politician are really intelligent not to separate this country by their actions, that we the populace termed disgraceful  now the ugly truth is out.The question now is if this continues,how do we deal with it?

i agree with you. the north does not have the population to win their own candidate in a free and fair election, except they produce an educated, progressive candidate whose track record shows he is not an almajiri like Buhari. but i doubt if such candidate will ever exist, for the northerners will renounce such a candidate and call he or she an infidel.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by efisher(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2011
Let's look at the implication of his foolish claim. He accepted the results in 14 states. Funny enough, GEJ had his 25% minimum from some states out of those included in his 'accepted' list. Add that to the remaining states in the south and that gives GEJ more than 24 states with minimum 25%. Secondly, if you consider the 22 states he rejected and do a statistical analysis, you will discover that GEJ would have still won with a minimum of 5 million votes margin if he got just 10% in the included NE/NW states, 30% in the NC states and 60% turnout in the SE/SS states. The result from SW states are completely indisputable. This does not even consider the millions of underage votes Buhari got in the north. This only goes to show that he is a stark illiterate with a "herd mentality". He doesn't even have a good statistician to make these simple calculations for him. What a shameless loser!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Kenyy: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2011
The One Nigeria we want is that of Equity and Fairness, where even if you must rig elections, you must do so diplomatically and everybody would go home happy.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Cue(m): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2011
efisher:

Let's look at the implication of his foolish claim. He accepted the results in 14 states. Funny enough, GEJ had his 25% minimum from some states out of those included in his 'accepted' list. Add that to the remaining states in the south and that gives GEJ more than 24 states with minimum 25%. Secondly, if you consider the 22 states he rejected and do a statistical analysis, you will discover that GEJ would have still won with a minimum of 5 million votes margin if he got just 10% in the included NE/NW states, 30% in the NC states and 60% turnout in the SE/SS states. The result from SW states are completely indisputable. This does not even consider the millions of underage votes Buhari got in the north. This only goes to show that he is a stark illiterate with a "herd mentality". He doesn't even have a good statistician to make these simple calculations for him. What a shameless loser!

pls efisher,isnt it obvious ur wastin time logically analysing anything?look @ d comment after urs, if these are the kind of young people we have in Nigeria.We are doomed.If buhari had anyone wth an average IQ,they would have told him its absolutely statistically IMPOSSIBLE for him to assail goodlucks lead,even if only 40% of SE?SS votes were accepted, but some Olodo here cannot comprehend this,
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by efisher(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2011
^ Thanks for the advice. It's just annoying because of the fact that lives have to be lost for him to accept his fate.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by adanny01(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2011
The only reason the north had low voter turn out is that they did multiple and under aged registrations. When the elections came with much security the figures they had could not be redeemed. They now resorted to calling the turn out in SE a lie.
Buhari and his supporters r delusional. He is bad news. He is now happy that innocent ppl lost their lifes and properties. He has never accepted defeat. How can i vote a religious fanatic? What ever he claimed happened in the south happened in the north. Am from  the north and i saw with my own eyes CPC colonizing a whole polling center, no body dares to vote another party from that center. The better rigger won. He should be ashamed. i CAN NEVER TRUST BUHARI, NEVER!
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Cue(m): 10:40am On Apr 19, 2011
d most annoyin is d fact dat he knew his supporters were killin people,yet he didnt call them to other.instead he went to lodge a complaint @ INEC.is dis how he woulda led us?he doesnt deserve it abeg.he started dis,by askin his supporters to lynch riggers,
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by BabaO2: 10:43am On Apr 19, 2011
It is amazing, Buhari is fighting to wrestle mandate that was not given to him.
When his own mandate was taken away from him by small boy IBB in 1983 with slaps, what did he do?
What a lazy and coward soldier.
Jonathan needs help now, people like OBJ, Danjuma should assist him what to do. For Christ sake, Jonathan is the command in chief of Nigeria armed forces.
Re: Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct by Cue(m): 10:45am On Apr 19, 2011
call dem to order i meant 2 say,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? / Ambode Spent N3.2bn On Cancelled Buhari’s Visit–pdp / Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.