Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (123258 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by oluyinkavic(m): 3:47am On Jul 29, 2023
Hello,

Because of the high cost of UK educational system, I'm considering sweden as I read that MSC there is tuition free. I want to find out about the average cost for the period of study? Will I be able to work while studying? Can I come with my spouse. Thanks.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
You read wrong. Tuition fee in Sweden is almost, if not more expensive than uk.
oluyinkavic:
Hello,

Because of the high cost of UK educational system, I'm considering sweden as I read that MSC there is tuition free. I want to find out about the average cost for the period of study? Will I be able to work while studying? Can I come with my spouse. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by oluyinkavic(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
Thanks. But is it easier to get a scholarship from Sweden university for MSc programs?

Mobil567:
You read wrong. Tuition fee in Sweden is almost, if not more expensive than uk.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2023
No.
oluyinkavic:
Thanks. But is it easier to get a scholarship from Sweden university for MSc programs?

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Bammybestowed: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
To join Sweden group on telegram, type “study in Sweden” or send me a mail to join.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Emeka1992: 12:28am On Aug 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Swaggu002015: 10:16am On Aug 11, 2023
Hello everyone, I just finished my Nd and now I’m wondering if I can go for a program higher than ND but not bsc as the length of study is too long
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by optimusprime2(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Citizenship in Japan is 5 years and PR is in 3 years. Did you get in illegally? I have met some Nigerians with a japanese passport.

Brother,

Except in some very rare occasions where a foreigner marries a Japanese citizen, It is easier for a Camel, to pass through the eye of a needle than for a foreigner to get a Japanese passport after residence of 5 years.

I currently know Nigerian children who were born in Japan and have lived there for 11 and 9years respectively, however they are yet to obtain Japanese citizenship. Despite their fluency in Japanese language, they are still regarded as "aliens", because they are dark complexioned. To make it worse, the parents who are both Nigerians have been in Japan since 2004 legally, till today no passport/Citizenship.

Although they have permanent residency status, however that Citizenship stuff if you ask me, I doubt the parents may ever get it, the children well maybe, especially if they distinguish themselves in something like sports, entertainment or fashion but the parents naaah I don't think so.

It doesn't work like that in many Asian countries.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
optimusprime2:

Brother,

Except in some very rare occasions where a foreigner marries a Japanese citizen, It is easier for a Camel, to pass through the eye of a needle than for a foreigner to get a Japanese passport after residence of 5 years.

I currently know Nigerian children who were born in Japan and have lived there for 11 and 9years respectively, however they are yet to obtain Japanese citizenship. Despite their fluency in Japanese language, they are still regarded as "aliens", because they are dark complexioned. To make it worse, the parents who are both Nigerians have been in Japan since 2004 legally, till today no passport/Citizenship.

Although they have permanent residency status, however that Citizenship stuff if you ask me, I doubt the parents may ever get it, the children well maybe, especially if they distinguish themselves in something like sports, entertainment or fashion but the parents naaah I don't think so.

When I was in ladipo I met a whole lot of Nigerian businessmen who had japanese passports. Japan isnt like singapore that uses racial quota to determine who gets PR and citizenship. Theres something the parents arent saying. No be they tell me. I don see am plenty here for naija. Igbo men with japanese pali. The parents have probably refused to renounce their Nigerian nationality as Japan does not recognise dual citizenship. The approval rate for requests is almost 99 percent.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by optimusprime2(m): 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

When I was in ladipo I met a whole lot of Nigerian businessmen who had japanese passports. Japan isnt like singapore that uses racial quota to determine who gets PR and citizenship. Theres something the parents arent saying. No be they tell me. I don see am plenty here for naija. Igbo men with japanese pali. The parents have probably refused to renounce their Nigerian nationality as Japan does not recognise dual citizenship. The approval rate for requests is almost 99 percent.

If you notice, I mentioned in some instances where the foreigner is married to a Japanese citizen.
Check those guys you noted, they are married to Japanese women.

In the absence of marriage,
I am reassuring you that even the Japanese PR takes 10 years to obtain, not to talk of the passport.

A simple check on the length of time it takes to obtain Japanese PR will show you it takes 10 years of living in Japan.

Bros,
Asides the length of time, there is that difficult Japanese language requirement that must be fulfilled, so it's not an easy task to even obtain Japanese PR.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
optimusprime2:

If you notice, I mentioned in some instances where the foreigner is married to a Japanese citizen.

I am reassuring you that even the Japanese PR takes 10 years to obtain, not to talk of the passport.

A simple check on the length of time it takes to obtain Japanese PR will show you it takes 10 years of living in Japan.

Bros,
Asides the length of time, there is that difficult Japanese language requirement that must be fulfilled, so it's not an easy task to even obtain Japanese PR.

It's 3 years to get PR bros. If you go through studies, your time of study is actually counted towards PR. Cc gerrard59
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Gerrard59(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
optimusprime2:

Bros,

That is the standard route if the person decides to take it. But the law has been liberalised so interested persons can apply to become PRs within three years and, in exceptional cases, within a year. These days, there are many ways to obtain PRs. Also, and most importantly, citizenship can be obtained within five years of continuous residence. Japan is the only developed country where foreigners can naturalise without becoming permanent residents.

That is the law, and it is applicable to everyone except, say North Koreans.

https://japan-dev.com/blog/how-to-get-permanent-residence-in-japan
https://www.moj.go.jp/EN/MINJI/minji78.html#:~:text=The%20person%20must%20have%20been,the%20prescribed%20period%20of%20time.&text=The%20person%20must%20be%2020,of%20his%2Fher%20home%20country.

P.S. This is excluding marriage. One does not have to be married to a Japanese woman to become a naturalised citizen. Anyone who leaves Nigeria to a non-English country should be prepared to learn the native language or book the next flight back to Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Gerrard59(m): 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

That is what most refuse to divulge - they refuse to let go of the Nigerian passport. It cannot be hidden forever. If Sudanese and Somalians can become naturalised citizens WITHOUT marrying Japanese women, then I don't see why it is impossible for a Nigerian. The Nigerians I have met who are interested in it don't want to relinquish their Nigerian. Their choice, but that does not negate what the law says. The process is straightforward and free.

Anyway, with time, I will demystify that belief.

optimusprime2:

Brother,

I currently know Nigerian children who were born in Japan and have lived there for 11 and 9years respectively, however they are yet to obtain Japanese citizenship. Despite their fluency in Japanese language, they are still regarded as "aliens", because they are dark complexioned.

Every non-East Asian is seen as an "alien". However, it does not mean citizenship is not possible. The goal is the passport, not whether they like me or not. If I want to be seen as a non-alien, I know where my parents house dey.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by optimusprime2(m): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is the standard route if the person decides to take it. But the law has been liberalised so interested persons can apply to become PRs within three years and, in exceptional cases, within a year.

https://japan-dev.com/blog/how-to-get-permanent-residence-in-japan
https://www.moj.go.jp/EN/MINJI/minji78.html#:~:text=The%20person%20must%20have%20been,the%20prescribed%20period%20of%20time.&text=The%20person%20must%20be%2020,of%20his%2Fher%20home%20country.

Well, if that's the case this is an interesting piece of information.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 5:44am On Aug 17, 2023
Hi everyone 😊

Didn’t know this forum is still on 😃

I’m away from Sweden and living in Australia now 😃

Feel free to ask me anything regarding sverige and I will bluntly tell you the honest truth 😃
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Bammybestowed: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2023
Wrap46:
Hi everyone 😊

Feel free to ask me anything regarding sverige and I will bluntly tell you the honest truth 😃

Why did you leave Sweden? How was life in Sweden when you lived there?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
Im Swedish and speak fluent Swedish my experience is different from a foreigner who moved to Sweden. My reason for leaving Sweden is not significant to you or anyone as it’s still my home country
Bammybestowed:

Why did you leave Sweden? How was life in Sweden when you lived there?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by EngrKemp: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2023
Pls what are the requirements for getting a work permit from Sweden as a ?

Kindly list the requirements.

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by YourBestWriter: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
Wrap46:
Hi everyone 😊

As a foreigner (Nigerian) that recently got the s.I scholarship, what are the chances of such a person getting a work while studying, and do you think such work can pay him/her a decent wage capable of making him/her rich (after savings of course)
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 12:46am On Aug 26, 2023
I don’t see the future but what I could tell you is, I met a Ghanaian masters student three years ago. He was studying at linkoping university, he was very keen about the future in Sweden until last week Saturday morning (Australian time) when he texted me that he is nearly done with his masters thesis and unable to get a job. He went further telling me he thinks he made a mistake moving to Sweden and asked me to help him to get into Canadian university. I’m sure this might give you a starting point to an answer, employment is everywhere but you have to be exceptional and have something that the Swedish labour market needs.

YourBestWriter:

As a foreigner (Nigerian) that recently got the s.I scholarship, what are the chances of such a person getting a work while studying, and do you think such work can pay him/her a decent wage capable of making him/her rich (after savings of course)

2 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by OvaSabi1(f): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2023
Where are visa interviews and applications made? Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by YourBestWriter: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2023
Wrap46:
I don’t see the future but what I could tell you is, I met a Ghanaian masters student three years ago. He was studying at linkoping university, he was very keen about the future in Sweden until last week Saturday morning (Australian time) when he texted me that he is nearly done with his masters thesis and unable to get a job. He went further telling me he thinks he made a mistake moving to Sweden and asked me to help him to get into Canadian university. I’m sure this might give you a starting point to an answer, employment is everywhere but you have to be exceptional and have something that the Swedish labour market needs.

Alright. Thanks for the information.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by cocolacec(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2023
OvaSabi1:
Where are visa interviews and applications made? Abuja or Lagos?
Interview Abuja and applicatiion is done online or an option to submit at the embassy in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by OvaSabi1(f): 10:06am On Aug 30, 2023
cocolacec:

Interview Abuja and applicatiion is done online or an option to submit at the embassy in Abuja

Thanks for your response. I want to know something else. This is for a 3 month research fellowship which will provide subsistence allowance. Do I still need to show POF for 3 months? Also, how much will I pay for a 3 month visa?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by cocolacec(m): 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
OvaSabi1:

Thanks for your response. I want to know something else. This is for a 3 month research fellowship which will provide subsistence allowance. Do I still need to show POF for 3 months? Also, how much will I pay for a 3 month visa?

3 months visa is like normal schengen visa.You need proof of funds(subsistence allowance) and the normal conditions attached to apply for such visa catogory.
Insurance for 3 months.Check their migration website for details.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by OvaSabi1(f): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
cocolacec:

3 months visa is like normal schengen visa.You need proof of funds(subsistence allowance) and the normal conditions attached to apply for such visa catogory.
Insurance for 3 months.Check their migration website for details.

It’s weird because the institution will provide subsistence allowance, book my flights and provide accommodation. Me I don’t have money o. I sent them a research proposal and they invited me over with all of those benefits attached. As someone who did her MSc in the UK I am aware that you don’t need to show POF when it is a scholarship. Perhaps I should go and find someone who got the award in the past.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by cocolacec(m): 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
OvaSabi1:

It’s weird because the institution will provide subsistence allowance, book my flights and provide accommodation. Me I don’t have money o. I sent them a research proposal and they invited me over with all of those benefits attached. As someone who did her MSc in the UK I am aware that you don’t need to show POF when it is a scholarship. Perhaps I should go and find someone who got the award in the past.

Include your scholarship letter stating all you mentioned above in the documentation,that will suffice.
What is the name of the University?Ask your school about Insurance.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Joladegrace: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
Bammybestowed:
To join Sweden group on telegram, type “study in Sweden” or send me a mail to join.
I will to join study in sweden telegram
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by olawale005(m): 12:33am On Sep 25, 2023
Joladegrace:
I will to join study in sweden telegram

I want to join
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by olawale005(m): 12:35am On Sep 25, 2023
Bammybestowed:

Study in Sweden
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Bammybestowed: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2023
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by ThePundit14(m): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
Pls the page is not opening. Can you help look at it again
Bammybestowed:

https:///studyinswedencommunity

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.