Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,960 members, 7,848,893 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (127715 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by GorillaApp(m): 1:22am On May 21
Wrap46:
Hi everyone šŸ˜Š

Didnā€™t know this forum is still on šŸ˜ƒ

Iā€™m away from Sweden and living in Australia now šŸ˜ƒ

Feel free to ask me anything regarding sverige and I will bluntly tell you the honest truth šŸ˜ƒ
Congratulations bro
I'm new on this thread and know little about Sweden. I have an MSc in environmental quality management from a Nigerian university and considering applying to an MSc programme in Sweden. From reading a few posts here, I'm beginning to surmise that Sweden is a nice place.
My madam has said so many nice things too
My plan was to do an MSc and then look for fully funded scholarship to the US, Canada or Australia. I will need a kind-hearted brother to help with valuable information and suggestions, most especially if my plan above is not the best.
Tnx in anticipation
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by GorillaApp(m): 1:50am On May 21
Lionize:
A piece of advice for you intending to go to Sweden for studies, and you will live in Stockholm. Pay your fees as early as you can and start processing your accommodation early. You won't know what God has done for you if you move straight from Nigeria to Sweden and into your student apartment. If not, then you may have no peace until you get your own accommodation. My eyes saw my eyes for some months before I settled in, it is so so destabilizing.

Let me hint you: One landlord I lived in his house gave me numerous rules, one of which include not cooking in the apartment after 8pm. Now if you go to school from morning to around 2, 3 or 4pm, and then go to work, to close from work around 10pm, sorry will be your case if you don't plan.

This is just a piece of advice, especially if you will be studying in Stockholm.
Nwanne God bless you for all these advice you are dishing out. More grease to your elbow. I dropped a PM

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 5:27am On May 21
Why putting yourself into such a stressful situation especially when you have a family. Why not move to those countries you mentioned earlier. Why moving to Sweden and then other country?
Its stressful alone as a citizen of Sweden and you will be moving with student visa with a limited work hrs lmao šŸ¤£

Iā€™m sure itā€™s doable tho but plan well. No too reason my matter Iā€™m Nigerian swedish with dual nationality.

Plan well..
GorillaApp:

Congratulations bro
I'm new on this thread and know little about Sweden. I have an MSc in environmental quality management from a Nigerian university and considering applying to an MSc programme in Sweden. From reading a few posts here, I'm beginning to surmise that Sweden is a nice place.
My plan was to do an MSc and then look for fully funded scholarship to the US, Canada or Australia. I will need a kind-hearted brother to help with valuable information and suggestions, most especially if my plan above is not the best.
Tnx in anticipation
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by GorillaApp(m): 6:20am On May 21
Wrap46:
Why putting yourself into such a stressful situation especially when you have a family. Why not move to those countries you mentioned earlier. Why moving to Sweden and then other country?
Its stressful alone as a citizen of Sweden and you will be moving with student visa with a limited work hrs lmao šŸ¤£

Iā€™m sure itā€™s doable tho but plan well. No too reason my matter Iā€™m Nigerian swedish with dual nationality.

Plan well..
Moving to Sweden seems more tenable than other locations at the moment that's why I want to land in Sweden first. Once I'm done with my MSc, can start looking for PhD scholarship elsewhere but this plan is not cast in bronze and can be adjusted. Nothing is fixed.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 10:49am On May 21
Okay seems like you have it all figured out Iā€™m sure you will do fine.

Buh abeg ooo the tuition for post grad school in Sweden will get you to those other countries tho, just saying.

In all, I hope you pull through with your plan šŸ™šŸ¾

Oh I should also note that Sweden isnā€™t really the best place as an immigrant if you canā€™t communicate in Swedish. People donā€™t really speak abt their horrible experiences on here. I believe there is a guy on here who shared some lights abt real life reality in Sweden.

Do have a look on the previous page and be very prepared before moving to sverige.

GorillaApp:

Moving to Sweden seems more tenable than other locations at the moment that's why I want to land in Sweden first. Once I'm done with my MSc, can start looking for PhD scholarship elsewhere but this plan is not cast in bronze and can be adjusted. Nothing is fixed.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by GorillaApp(m): 10:59am On May 21
Wrap46:
Okay seems like you have it all figured out Iā€™m sure you will do fine.

Buh abeg ooo the tuition for post grad school in Sweden will get you to those other countries tho, just saying.

In all, I hope you pull through with your plan šŸ™šŸ¾

Oh I should also note that Sweden isnā€™t really the best place as an immigrant if you canā€™t communicate in Swedish. People donā€™t really speak abt their horrible experiences on here. I believe there is a guy on here who shared some lights abt real life reality in Sweden.

Do have a look on the previous page and be very prepared before moving to sverige.

Thank you so much. Appreciate your honest advice. I have not gotten everything figured out my bro.
I'm here so that legends like you can guide a brother. I will take to you advice and reassess my position.
Can I shoot you a PM pls?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 11:00am On May 21
Nah you donā€™t have to shoot me a PM you can ask anything on here and Iā€™m
Sure the experts on here will answer in due time.

GorillaApp:

Thank you so much. Appreciate your honest advice. I have not gotten everything figured out my bro.
I'm here so that legends like you can guide a brother. I will take to you advice and reassess my position.
Can I shoot you a PM pls?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by GorillaApp(m): 1:09pm On May 21
Wrap46:
Nah you donā€™t have to shoot me a PM you can ask anything on here and Iā€™m
Sure the experts on here will answer in due time.

the information might not be for general consumption, but its alright
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 8:07pm On May 21
GorillaApp:

Nwanne God bless you for all these advice you are dishing out. More grease to your elbow. I dropped a PM
I think I have fixed that
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by VanuatuWycombe: 9:22pm On May 21
GorillaApp:

Congratulations bro
Tnx in anticipation

Donā€™t use your MSc to apply for another MSc program in a Scandinavian country. Thereā€™s a rule against that. Check well and you would know.
You have to set aside your MSc, to be able to apply for another MSc there. Fact-check this, please.

So, donā€™t apply for the same MSc you have studied in Nigeria with your Nigerian MSc. They believe you are jeopardizing other applicantsā€™ chances of being selected.

Better use your BSc and apply for MSc, in the same field, for you to be considered.
They will go through your academic transcripts to see if you have studied relevant courses at undergraduate level before you could be considered for admission.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by GorillaApp(m): 9:33pm On May 21
VanuatuWycombe:

Donā€™t use your MSc to apply for another MSc program in a Scandinavian country. Thereā€™s a rule against that. Check well and you would know.
You have to set aside your MSc, to be able to apply for another MSc there. Fact-check this, please.

So, donā€™t apply for the same MSc you have studied in Nigeria with your Nigerian MSc. They believe you are jeopardizing other applicantsā€™ chances of being selected.

Better use your BSc and apply for MSc, in the same field, for you to be considered.
They will go through your academic transcripts to see if you have studied relevant courses at undergraduate level before you could be considered for admission.
Oh really! Never knew this. My decision stems from the fact that the CGPA from my master's degree is much higher ( 4.00) while my BSc was 2.96. Will this 2.96 Stand a chance?
This is the beauty of this thread. We are learning daily
S
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by VanuatuWycombe: 9:49pm On May 21
GorillaApp:

Oh really! Never knew this. My decision stems from the fact that the CGPA from my master's degree is much higher ( 4.00) while my BSc was 2.96. Will this 2.96 Stand a chance?
This is the beauty of this thread. We are learning daily
S
Though you have a lower CGPA in your undergrad but it doesnā€™t stop you from being considered for admission.
You may only be put on waiting list or eventually not get admitted, if more applicants have better grades and have completely taken over all slots meant for that course.

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by GorillaApp(m): 1:41pm On May 22
VanuatuWycombe:

Though you have a lower CGPA in your undergrad but doesnā€™t stop you from being considered for admission.
You may only be out on waiting list or eventually not get admitted, if more applicants have better grades and have completely taken over all slots meant for that course.
Thank you so much
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 3:56pm On May 22
GorillaApp:

Thank you so much
If you will apply, avoid competitive course in a competitive school like Chamer, Uppsala, KTH, Lund. Just avoid competitive course in these schools.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by frankmoney(m): 5:03pm On May 22
Wrap46:
Hi everyone šŸ˜Š

Didnā€™t know this forum is still on šŸ˜ƒ

Iā€™m away from Sweden and living in Australia now šŸ˜ƒ

Feel free to ask me anything regarding sverige and I will bluntly tell you the honest truth šŸ˜ƒ
how's the job market like. And I heard phd is tuition free
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 9:00pm On May 22
Yeah tuition free and you get paid if you are a PhD candidate.

The question regarding job is very tricky to answer. However, if Iā€™m being entirely honest with you, job is very difficult to come by. Even the locals who speak the language find it hard to get a job, imagine you as a foreigner. But is doable, we all have different stars in us šŸ˜€

Hope I answered your question ?

frankmoney:
how's the job market like. And I heard phd is tuition free
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 9:02pm On May 22
I wonder, which courses are competitive? I have always thought that admission is based on merit in Sweden ?

And the competitive courses are Swedish language base šŸ‘€
subcbouy:
If you will apply, avoid competitive course in a competitive school like Chamer, Uppsala, KTH, Lund. Just avoid competitive course in these schools.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by frankmoney(m): 9:16pm On May 22
Wrap46:
Yeah tuition free and you get paid if you are a PhD candidate.

The question regarding job is very tricky to answer. However, if Iā€™m being entirely honest with you, job is very difficult to come by. Even the locals who speak the language find it hard to get a job, imagine you as a foreigner. But is doable, we all have different stars in us šŸ˜€

Hope I answered your question ?

yes brother you did . So between finland and Sweden which would you say is better ?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Wrap46: 9:57pm On May 22
Perception is different brother. Iā€™m born in Nigeria but grew up in Sweden. I would think you have to make your own reality as my own view is different from you or anyone else.

But if you are asking me from my own reality, I would say Sweden is more immigrant friendly than Finland but Finland have a better chance to labor market. Good example of this is nursing degrees, Finland gives foreign students the opportunity to study nursing in English with mandatory lessons in Swedish or Finish while Sweden still stuck with their old ways.

I also have to mention that having a nursing degree in finland donā€™t necessarily give you a job in Finland. Lots of foreign students who got their degree without good language proficiency end up working as undersjukskƶterska

Hope I answered your question
frankmoney:
yes brother you did . So between finland and Sweden which would you say is better ?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by elijah101(m): 1:51pm On May 26
I am having quite an issue at the moment , I am about to apply for my resident permit , But I only have half of the Proof of funds , But I have property that pays me rent per month in the country where I stay and that can even more than the remaining half ..

My Question is ... Can I use my House document and proof of rent payment being paid into my account , plus the half proof of funds I have to apply for the resident permit .. please house help me ..
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Ajoself(m): 3:57pm On May 26
Please, I'm new here. I want to study in Sweden for my masters. However, I don't know how to get schools with affordable tuitions or scholarship opportunities.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by yottravels: 8:05pm On May 26
Iā€™m so happy that this thread is still running. I was the one that created this thread with my other account. To the glory of God, I am now in the United States.

My sincere appreciation to everyone that keeps this thread alive. I pray that everyone finds their heart desires.

Nairaland is a powerful platform that has inspired and created pathways for many generations.

My family and I gathered all the information we needed to travel from nairaland. It is my testimony!

Letā€™s keep hope alive!

1 Like

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:47am On May 27
It will not work.

Only complete funds in your personal account is accepted.
elijah101:
I am having quite an issue at the moment , I am about to apply for my resident permit , But I only have half of the Proof of funds , But I have property that pays me rent per month in the country where I stay and that can even more than the remaining half ..

My Question is ... Can I use my House document and proof of rent payment being paid into my account , plus the half proof of funds I have to apply for the resident permit .. please house help me ..
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:48am On May 27
There are no affordable tuitions in Sweden.

Lowest is 40,000kr and thatā€™s around 4.5m per semester.

For scholarship, check for SI scholarship or go any school website and check for their scholarship section.
Ajoself:
Please, I'm new here. I want to study in Sweden for my masters. However, I don't know how to get schools with affordable tuitions or scholarship opportunities.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Princ3ss: 7:31am On May 28
Hii please Iā€™m new here, does anyone know how the biometric process goes, I just submitted my application. Do I have to wait for them to reach out to me or do I reach out to them first?
I need answers please
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by kingofabia: 8:40am On May 29
They will reach out to you.
Princ3ss:
Hii please Iā€™m new here, does anyone know how the biometric process goes, I just submitted my application. Do I have to wait for them to reach out to me or do I reach out to them first?
I need answers please
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by subcbouy: 2:59pm On May 29
Wrap46:
I wonder, which courses are competitive? I have always thought that admission is based on merit in Sweden ?

And the competitive courses are Swedish language base šŸ‘€
Did you even bother to know what actually brought the reply? Biological courses are competitive in the schools mentioned in the earlier comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / Memoirs From Chile / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.