Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin (5486 Views)

Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. / Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by assme: 8:29am On Apr 19, 2011
Last Saturday's presidential election is generating stern controversies in the rank of the progressives as the Congress for Progressive Change presidential candidate, Major General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd) has blamed former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu for selling South-West to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Buhari Monday spoke with THISDAY through his spokesperson, Comrade[b] Yinka Odumakin[/b] on phone, alleging that Tinubu, who is the national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) struck a deal with President Jonathan to deliver all the South Western States to the ruling PDP in the last presidential election.

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) however dismissed the  allegation of “playing a role, overtly or covertly to aid the putative victory of the PDP in last Saturday's presidential election, despite the insinuation to that effect”.

Buhari did not disclose details of the deal, which he said the ACN national leader struck with President Jonathan less than one week before the conduct of the 2011 presidential election. But a CPC chieftain, who does not want his name mentioned, said Tinubu pushed for two most strategic appointments in the Federal Executive Council.

According to the chieftain, Tinubu pushed to nominate candidate for Offices of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister for Petroleum Resources. He also opted to nominate ministers in other states of the South West while demanding that President Jonathan should put a stop to all investigations against him.

Buhari asked Tinubu “to stop hiding under false excuses after striking deal with President Jonathan. Tinubu should leave me alone. He has made deal with President Jonathan and delivered. He even lost in his ward to PDP” in a contest he said should have given birth to new Nigeria”.

Buhari described the alleged deal between President Jonathan and Tinubu as a typical replica of what Alliance for Democracy (AD) leaders did in 2003 when the South West “was sold to former President Olusegun Obasanjo. The South West leaders are chipping the blame on Late Chief Abraham Adesanya who cannot respond in his grave.

“I can act authoritatively that he sealed the deal with President Jonathan, after which he called a meeting of controlling leaders of the ACN to make them buy into the deal Tinubu struck with President Jonathan,” Buhari said.

However, Buhari commended Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola for rejecting Tinubu’s proposition that the South Western progressives should mobilise for President Jonathan in the presidential election alone.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-how-tinubu-gave-s-west-votes-to-jonathan/89907/

Buhari is confused and should accept his loss rather than blaming and accusing up&down.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 8:50am On Apr 19, 2011
Thought provocking !!

We all know Tinubu struck a deal with GEJ, no matter what the ACN guys tell us in public, in private they tell us otherwise.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 19, 2011
Whats the meaning of this? Inciting more violence?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by efisher(m): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2011
The mumu stayed up all night trying to strike a deal with the same ACN and couldn't get it right. What is he whining about now? DEMENTED HYPOCRITE. angry
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by sheriffman(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2011
And so what the mettle of a gud leader is always proven if and when he knows the political powers he aligns with.I f true then it shows Tinubu as a gud politician he knew GEJ was goin to win so he was gud
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by humebuloe: 8:59am On Apr 19, 2011
And what about that?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by ayusman16(m): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2011
How did he give the SW votes to Jonathan? Did he come out on TV to announce that? Some peeps are just sour losers. Alliance or no alliance; the voters have their choice and it has prevailed.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2011
Where is the fucking source?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by yeswecan(m): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2011
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Blazay(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2011
Aburi Accord don toin to "Ha-Bu-Ha-Ri" H-Accord ati "Discord"! grin

Never trust Yoruba peeps! grin
Saaavzzz him right!
Awon 2-face and 2-nyansh Idibias!

You know see as all the Yoruba peeps "kwayet" for NL and all OVA Naija. . . then you know they have done something behind closed doors waka comot like notin 'appen!

Tufiakwa! cheesy

Traitors of the first and last orders!

[size=20pt]Welcome to H-Abu-Ha-ri Accord Part 2! Goal post don shift from "Area politics" to "Ashawo Politics" Mu he he he he[/size]

Yoruba don play go South-South!
From North-North. . .

Where money go. . .ashawo go! cheesy

Where 'oyel' go. . .South West go go!

[size=20pt]Up Oduduwa Republique![/size]

Yoruba peeps = JJ Ai-'kwo'-cha! (Hausa version of JJ Okotcha)cheesy
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by yeswecan(m): 9:33am On Apr 19, 2011
My take on this "its a shame that Buhari and his boys still do not understand Nigeria politics up to this moment".  How can Bola Tinubu wave a Magic wand and swing almost 90% of Lagos vote to Jonathan's side over night ?. In Africa we vote personality not party  - Buhari should know that Jonathan got a "sympathy vote" even in some parts of the north.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 9:37am On Apr 19, 2011
Blazay:

Never trust Yoruba peeps! grin
Saaavzzz him right!
Awon 2-face and 2-nyansh Idibias!

You know see as all the Yoruba peeps "kwayet" for NL and all OVA Naija. . . then you know they have done something behind closed doors waka comot like notin 'appen!

Tufiakwa! cheesy

Traitors of the first and last orders!

Common Blazay

You gas to give us some respect na

no be so

We keep secrets wella, strike deals in a jiffy

We know how to chop and clean mouth and nyansh, init? grin grin

Come to me, let me help you clean your Nyansh cool
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by efisher(m): 9:37am On Apr 19, 2011
He thinks the yorubas are like his almajiris that Tinubu can control as he wills. He has also forgotten that Lagos is home to the entertainment industry that gave GEJ a massive support. Even ACN has not cried foul in Lagos. The guy mumu too much sha!
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by vigasimple(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2011
efisher:

He thinks the yorubas are like his almajiris that Tinubu can control as he wills. He has also forgotten that Lagos is home to the entertainment industry that gave GEJ a massive support. Even CAN has not cried foul in Lagos. The guy mumu too much sha!

Don't mind General Dementia Bhuari. Lagos for one cannot vote according to one man's wish. there are too many ethnic/religion in lagos.

Fashola as popular as he is cannot even do that. In the SW, a family of 6 will vote for different party based on who they see as the best.

The SW people actually gave Bhuari a good look but in the end his past caught up with him. He has a sense of entitlement and only a military mind, reminds me of Senator Mccain against President Obama in 2008 US elections.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Gbawe: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2011
yeswecan:

My take on this "its a shame that Buhari and his boys still do not understand Nigeria politics up to this moment".  How can Bola Tinubu wave a Magic wand and swing almost 90% of Lagos vote to Jonathan's side over night ?. In Africa we vote personality not party  - Buhari should know that Jonathan got a "sympathy vote" even in some parts of the north.

Thank you !!! It is dissapointing that intelligent folks now talk out of the desperate need to seek excuses rather than accept what is obvious . GEJ beat Buhari . This election is currently being praised worldwide and as a Nigerian , first and foremost , that really means a lot to me after the 2007 heist that saw us become the object of ridicule everywhere with Kenyans and South Africans coming to Nairaland to mock us !!!!

Adults voted in the SW not children. Some folks should listen to themselves to hear how ridiculous they sound . I shouted myself hoarse saying Buhari was not popular in the SW . I told his rabid fans like GenBuhari and wadeoye that the failure of buhari to build bridges in the past in the SW region cannot now be easily rectified with the deployment of Bakare . We have always seen Buhari as dignified . He should not ruin that now . He should accept defeat , refrain from excuses and move on. Tinubu did not "sell" SW votes to GEJ . The SW folks who voted were always for GEJ anyway . My own mum and dad voted for GEJ and no ACN agent brought any 'package' to our house.

The truth is that GEJ did not interfere and Tinubu also did not interfere even if that may be difficult for some folks to accept in their search for conspiracies that explains why their candidate lost. The[b] Adult[/b] SW folks voted for the candidate of their choice . They voted for GEJ of their own free will . Simple.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2011
i think yorubas in general have adopted a siddon look approach when it comes to matters like these.

based on past experiences.

most just cant be bothered anymore.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Blazay(m): 9:50am On Apr 19, 2011
[size=20pt] Nuhu Ribadu for 2011 !!!! IT IS POSSIBLE !!!! [/size]

The truth is that GEJ did not interfere and Tinubu also did not interfere even if that may be difficult for some folks to accept in their search for conspiracies that explains why their candidate lost. The Adult SW folks voted for the candidate of their choice . They voted for GEJ of their own free will . Simple.

Ndi Yoruba di kwa egwu atu!
Otu ocha! shocked

Iru abuo
Ike abuo
onu abuo

Ofu anya
Ofu nti

Chukwu e kwe ne iho ojor!

Twa!
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Gbawe: 9:57am On Apr 19, 2011
Blazay:

[size=20pt] Nuhu Ribadu for 2011 !!!! IT IS POSSIBLE !!!!   [/size]

Ndi Yoruba di kwa egwu atu!
Otu ocha!

Ribadu contested and he lost . What is your problem ? Do you think I see everything through Ribadu tinted glasses? Man mi , I have a life , beyond the blind support and defense of a candidate, and I suggest some folks get a life too. It is the Buhari messiah worshippers you should be talking to . They are the ones incapable of understanding that their man lost partly because those in the SW rejected him of their own free will.

Abeg keep spamming the forum with your rants of hatred against the Yorubas . I know that those obsessed with others,  to the extent they speak of them constantly , are generally suffering from envy and inferiority complex.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2011
Gbawe:

The truth is that GEJ did not interfere and Tinubu also did not interfere even if that may be difficult for some folks to accept in their search for conspiracies that explains why their candidate lost. The[b] Adult[/b] SW folks voted for the candidate of their choice . They voted for GEJ of their own free will . Simple.

I 100% hold the views that the election in the SW were largely free of the sophisticated rigging in the SS and SE. However the point here is Tinubu struck a deal with GEJ to look the other way at the expense of Ribadu. ACN refused to mobilise, ACN ward leaders did not mobilise which is how ACN win elections in the SW.

Immediately after the election Osoba said they would start mobilisation for the governorship election, which makes us to wonder why did they not mobilise in the first place for Ribadu. PDP aganets had free hand distributing all sorts. My mum told me everyone in our area got spaghettis and money to vote PDP. There were allegations of ACN agents telling people to vote for PDP.

There is what we call complicity in silence. Silence means consent and the deal was to give us the free hand and it worked magic. That does not however rule out the fact that some folks genuinly voted GEJ into power.

If you remember my thread "PDP appears to be popular in the SW"

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-643802.0.html#msg8099677

I stated that PDP will do well in the presidential election but the complicity of Tinubu made them not do well but excellent. This is an open secret in Lagos circles Gbawe, i am sure if you speak to your people you will confirm.

I concede defeat in the SW and we knew Buhari will never do well in the SW from the start , our aim was just to get the 30%. Buhari lost the SW and Bakare did not bring the votes from the region ,w e accept and we learn from the mistakes he made. We would bounce back strongly God willing.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by nulldev: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2011
@Lagosboy, so how is this mobilization done? I was in Lagos during the election period and Ribadu adverts were non stop on tv, text messages got almost to the point of irritation so again short of rigging how did ACN conduct this underground stay away campaign?

I know you are no Tinubu cheerleader but some of these stories are ridiculous. Even the alliance negotiations, was on this same Nairaland where people will take bits from one version of the story join with bits from another version and come out with "It only failed because of Tinubu's greed"
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2011
nulldev:

@Lagosboy, so how is this mobilization done? I was in Lagos during the election period and Ribadu adverts were non stop on tv, text messages got almost to the point of irritation so again short of rigging how did ACN conduct this underground stay away campaign?

I know you are no Tinubu cheerleader but some of these stories are ridiculous. Even the alliance negotiations, was on this same Nairaland where people will take bits from one version of the story join with bits from another version and come out with "It only failed because of Tinubu's greed"

Mysterious my dear

Very mysterious! It has always beeen.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by omanzo02: 10:29am On Apr 19, 2011
My question is: is democracy not also about negotiation and compromise?, if that is the case, can Buhari define what 'deal' means?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by efisher(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2011
^ My brother, he has simply proven once again that he is not a democrat.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2011
nulldev:

This is the trick in politics and it is done 48 hrs to election. Most election are won or lost in Nigeria and especially the SW 48 hrs to election. Ward leaders move people out to vote , ward leaders distribute gifts, money and all sorts to sway voters. They do house to house campaign to move people out to vote and that was what Osoba was referring to when he said they will start mobilisation for Amosun. Why did they not do similar for Ribadu? This is the question because we know how ACN mobilised for the national assemble election and the same was not repeated for the most improtant election
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Gbawe: 10:35am On Apr 19, 2011
nulldev:

Thank you my brother. Even at the risk of sounding like a broken record , I will repeat that my own mum and dad voted for GEJ even as I tried to talk them out of it for months . Many SW folks had made up their minds to vote for GEJ long ago . In fact , I am surprised at how popular he is amongst the Yoruba folks who bothered to vote. Yoruba folks impressed me with their political sophistication . They got the Legislators they wanted . They have gotten the President they want and , as long as Saturday elections are free and fair, they will also get the Governors they want .
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by revomind(m): 10:42am On Apr 19, 2011
I knew this would happen after the alliance talks failed. I knew the CPC would turn round to blame the ACN for their crappy performance in the south-west.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by efisher(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2011
Take Lagos for example, it is IMPOSSIBLE for any other human (even if it is Obama) to win an election against Fashola in the forthcoming governorship election. If after the election, candidates do not concede defeat or just shut up, they woud be seen as clowns. That is what Buhari is right now; A CLOWN!
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Xfactoria: 10:46am On Apr 19, 2011
Lagosboy:

I 100% hold the views that the election in the SW were largely free of the sophisticated rigging in the SS and SE. However the point here is Tinubu struck a deal with GEJ to look the other way at the expense of Ribadu. ACN refused to mobilise, ACN ward leaders did not mobilise which is how ACN win elections in the SW.

Immediately after the election Osoba said they would start mobilisation for the governorship election, which makes us to wonder why did they not mobilise in the first place for Ribadu. PDP aganets had free hand distributing all sorts. My mum told me everyone in our area got spaghettis and money to vote PDP. There were allegations of ACN agents telling people to vote for PDP.

There is what we call complicity in silence. Silence means consent and the deal was to give us the free hand and it worked magic. That does not however rule out the fact that some folks genuinly voted GEJ into power.

If you remember my thread "PDP appears to be popular in the SW"

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-643802.0.html#msg8099677

I stated that PDP will do well in the presidential election but the complicity of Tinubu made them not do well but excellent. This is an open secret in Lagos circles Gbawe, i am sure if you speak to your people you will confirm.

I concede defeat in the SW and we knew Buhari will never do well in the SW from the start , our aim was just to get the 30%. Buhari lost the SW and Bakare did not bring the votes from the region ,w e accept and we learn from the mistakes he made. We would bounce back strongly God willing.

Lagosboy: Neither Tinubu or ACN influenced anything whether by their action or otherwise. I agree that ACN did not mobilize people but even if they had done that, Jonathan's numbers would not have been affected and the difference will only be seen in more electorates turn-out and more votes for ACN's Ribadu. Jonathan and Buhari's votes would not have been affected at all.

My parents stay in Ogun State and they with my extended family, religiously support ACN but had pledged to vote Jonathan since the beginning of the campaigns and so they did. Same goes for my Uncle and his family in Oyo State. Generally, in the southwest, Jonathan's numbers were guaranteed!
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by nulldev: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2011
Lagosboy:

This is the trick in politics and it is done 48 hrs to election. Most election are won or lost in Nigeria and especially the SW 48 hrs to election. Ward leaders move people out to vote , ward leaders distribute gifts, money and all sorts to sway voters. They do house to house campaign to move people out to vote and that was what Osoba was referring to when he said they will start mobilisation for Amosun. Why did they not do similar for Ribadu? This is the question because we know how ACN mobilised for the national assemble election and the same was not repeated for the most improtant election

I see, I was not around during national assembly elections so I cannot comment on that. It still sounds far fetched to me though
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by jmaine: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2011
Am begining to think that CPC supporters on nairaland share something in common with the illiterates rioting almajiris causing havoc in the North. . . here are a few :-

They had the mindset of winning even when they did not work hard for it

They felt they had the best candidate and every other candidate was second fiddle and not worthy to be regarded . . .

They felt that only the northern vote was good enough to secure victory . .

They blame others for their loss and and every problem they experience . . .

They accuse the SS,SE of rigging while the multitudes of underage voting is not even mentioned . . .

They engaged violence when their candidate lost fair and square and felt so assured that the destruction of life and property was the way to show their grievances . . .

sour grapes are even making them to feel that Lagos which appears to be a mini version of Nigeria in composition had some shady political dealings to sway more that 80 % of literate citizens to vote for GEJ. . .

They refuse to acknowledge glaring facts that they lost . . fair and square . . . in the presence of the whole world
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2011
X-factoria:

Lagosboy: Neither Tinubu or ACN influenced anything whether by their action or otherwise. I agree that ACN did not mobilize people but even if they had done that, Jonathan's numbers would not have been affected and the difference will only be seen in more electorates turn-out and more votes for ACN's Ribadu. Jonathan and Buhari's votes would not have been affected at all.

My parents stay in Ogun State and they with my extended family, religiously support ACN but had pledged to vote Jonathan since the beginning of the campaigns and so they did. Same goes for my Uncle and his family in Oyo State. Generally, in the southwest, Jonathan's numbers were guaranteed!

This is the whole point for me, I have said times without numbers that GEJ had genuine voters in the SW and i posted in my thread after the legislative elections. However how can we explain ACN refusing to mobilise for its presidential canidiate Nuhu Ribadu. No said Tinubu campaigned for PDP but the open secret in Lagos is he struck a deal with GEJ not to intefere or counterbalance PDPs efforts int he SW.

How do we explain campaigning in 36  states for Ribadu , spending billions in the process and only 48 hrs to an election when it matters most , you refuse to mobilise for him. I dont like Tinubu it is obvious but me not liking him does not rub away the facts on ground which is obvious for everyone to see.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by johnie: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2011
nulldev:

I remember clearly that ACN did serious demarketing of Buhari - remember the adverts on electronic and print  mdeia saying that Buhari who stopped the metroline project should be blamed for the traffic situation in Lagos. This ad surfaced immediately after the talks with CPC broke down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State Police Is Inevitable - ACN / Extracts From Barcanista's Posts About Buhari / President Buhari Had A Stroke In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.