Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,274 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin (5485 Views)

Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. / Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by jaso1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
If we are to be sincere to ourselves Buhari has done worst to himself by allowing Bakare to dictate the affairs of the party during negotiation with ACN, Ribadu had already surrendered and for cpc to now comply on their own side was where issues scrub up and as a result, Ribadu having aware the consequence, cried out that his political carrier has been dented. CPC thought election in SW would be shared among parties but at the end reverse happened to be the case. They claimed to have people ideology while they don't. if you start failing when you've not gotten to the throne i wonder the magic you are going to performed when you get there. The Government that distances itself for collective ideas as observed with CAN, Such regime has nothing to offer than dictatorship, insensitivity and denial of people right. I urge critics among us to keep mute and face reality Jonathan mumucious president we have is well better than BB.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
jas_o:

If we are to be sincere to ourselves Buhari has done worst to himself by allowing Bakare to dictate the affairs of the party during negotiation with ACN, Ribadu had already surrendered and for cpc to now comply on their own side was where issues scrub up and as a result, Ribadu having aware the consequence, cried out that his political carrier has been dented. CPC thought election in SW would be shared among parties but at the end reverse happened to be the case. They claimed to have people ideology while they don't. if you start failing when you've not gotten to the throne i wonder the magic you are going to performed when you get there. The Government that distances itself for collective ideas as observed with CAN, Such regime has nothing to offer than dictatorship, insensitivity and denial of people right. I urge critics among us to keep mute and face reality Jonathan mumucious president we have is well better than BB.

Buhari never wanted any alliance with Acn because of his tribalism and extremist view.he only wanted them on a no-agreement term just to win election.greedy man !
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by naso2(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
what useless deal?who is tinubu? so it was tinubu that asked the thousands of IGBOS and SS people in my estate to vote GEJ?

My pastor in church told us CAN had taken a position to back GEJ two weeks before the election. Was it tinubu that told the christians in SW to vote GEJ?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Kilode1: 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2011
Like so many SW Buhari supporters said already, I could not convince most of my own folks to vote CPC, and I tried.

~Sarcasm~ I wonder how Tinubu got to our Mothers, Fathers, siblings and friends allover the SW within 90 hours, maybe he had a microchip buried into Yoruba heads. ~sarcasm~

Let us face the reality, PDP won the propaganda and sentiment war in the South, numbers may be fuzzy but CPC lost the battle to shape opinions. I myself came from -he's a tribalist, a fundamentalist, a killer, a hardliner- to support his candidacy.

Millions of South westerners could not shake that off like some of us did. Blame lack of information, blame ignorance, blame the media, blame bigotry, blame lack of cash, Blame Buhari, Blame supporters like me for not working hard enough, blame this unfair effed-up Nigerian system.

BUT do not blame Tinubu. As much as I don't like his style, he owes Buhari nothing and Tinubu is not as powerful as we make him out to be.

Erm OK, if you insist, I will try to scan my people's head for that Tinubu microchip  undecided
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

Like so many SW Buhari supporters said already, I could not convince most of my own folks to vote CPC, and I tried.

~Sarcasm~ I wonder how Tinubu got to our Mothers, Fathers, siblings and friends allover the SW within 90 hours, maybe he had a microchip buried into Yoruba heads. ~sarcasm~

Let us face the reality, PDP won the propaganda and sentiment war in the South, numbers may be fuzzy but CPC lost the battle to shape opinions. I myself came from -he's a tribalist, a fundamentalist, a killer, a hardliner- to support his candidacy.

Millions of South westerners could not shake that off like some of us did. Blame lack of information, blame ignorance, blame the media, blame bigotry, blame lack of cash, Blame Buhari, Blame supporters like me for not working hard enough, blame this unfair effed-up Nigerian system.

BUT do not blame Tinubu. As much as I don't like his style, he owes Buhari nothing and [size=18pt]Tinubu is not as powerful as we make him out to be[/size].

Erm OK, if you insist, I will try to scan my people's head for that Tinubu microchip  undecided

Word!
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by demmy(m): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2011
Igbos are accusing Yorubas of not voting for Jonathan. Now Buhari is saying Tinubu gave SW votes to Jonathan.  grin

Yorubas, the smooth operators of Nigerian politics.  grin
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
demmy:

Igbos are accusing Yorubas of not voting for Jonathan. Now Buhari is saying Tinubu gave SW votes to Jonathan.  grin

You can say that again.

We rock! grin

Up Yoruba intelligentsia, the best in the world. Only second to Perestroika grin
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 1:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

BUT do not blame Tinubu. As much as I don't like his style, he owes Buhari nothing and Tinubu is not as powerful as we make him out to be. Erm OK, if you insist, I will try to scan my people's head for that Tinubu microchip  undecided

We know he owes Buhari nothing but he owes his Candidate Nuhu Ribadu everything, how can we explain ACN non mobilisation for Nuhu Ribadu 48 hrs to an election.

Brother, this is the crux of our discussion and I acknowledge thouands of voters genuinly voted for Jonathan. 30% of registered voters voted  in Lagos which is not normal in Lagos for a presidential election.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
demmy:

I still do not know what concerns buhari with where SW votes ended ?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

BUT do not blame Tinubu. As much as I don't like his style, he owes Buhari nothing and Tinubu is not as powerful as we make him out to be.

Spot on! But, please don't try to convince some people that Tinubu doesn't have a microchip implanted in everyone's head in Yorubaland. grin
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by jaso1(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2011
I won't blame you, it's difficult for you to reason beyond your level.
The speech ribadu made you think if he had Tinubu by his side it won't Garner more respect from SW? We need to be logical when we're arguing some national issue especially in a situation like this. Buhari that bust out that Tinubu betrayed him when he never did his own research before making decision i wondered how some people reason, Tinubu can not be subdue to his selfish interest at the expense of SW, he should ask himself that if Ribadu can surrendered for the purpose of one mission why can't his VP also do thesame? Abi they both think is their birth right to rule this country.
GEJ himself never had any meeting with other parties because he knows the capability of Tinubu even OBJ whose was his God father have confession to make.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lagosboy:

We know he owes Buhari nothing but he owes his Candidate Nuhu Ribadu everything, how can we explain ACN non mobilisation for Nuhu Ribadu 48 hrs to an election.

Do you actually expect Tinubu to go to the streets and mobilize people for Ribadu? Ribadu lost his polling station? He cant even sell himself, what do you want Tinubu to do?

BTW, Party leaders dont mobilize people, foot soldiers do. There is a reason parties have structures and movement. Blame Ribadu for Ribadu's failure. If he felt that the party structures werent adequately mobilized as he would have desired, he could have done what Dele Momodu did with LP.

The buck for Ribadu's failure stops at Ribadu's desk, not at Tinubu's
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by scottN(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ystranger:

You can say that again.

We rock! grin

Up Yoruba intelligentsia, the best in the world. Only second to Perestroika grin

angry angry That's y they r highly unreliable and untrustworthy; very much like gypsies.  (Biafra, NADECO, Post Sani Abacha era, etc.) angry angry
Had it not been 4 their gurls I'm not sure I would not have had any close dealings with 'em.  grin  wink
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2011
scottN:

angry angry That's y they r highly unreliable and untrustworthy; very much like gypsies. (Biafra, NADECO, Post Sani Abacha era, etc.) angry angry
Had it not been 4 their girls I'm not sure I would not have any close dealings with 'em.  grin  wink

Of course we can be highly unreliable, especially when you are looking for partners in crime.
99% of votes going to one candidate and all is good as long as you are the beneficiary!
What goes around comes around, my friend. One day you will be at the receiving end of what you just did.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ystranger:

Do you actually expect Tinubu to go to the streets and mobilize people for Ribadu? Ribadu lost his polling station? He cant even sell himself, what do you want Tinubu to do?

BTW, Party leaders dont mobilize people, foot soldiers do. There is a reason parties have structures and movement. Blame Ribadu for Ribadu's failure. If he felt that the party structures werent adequately mobilized as he would have desired, he could have done what Dele Momodu did with LP.

The buck for Ribadu's failure stops at Ribadu's dest, not at Tinubu's

Leaders give instruction to state chairman, then to LGA party chairman then to ward leaders who then pass it on to polling agents and reps. Money is also distributed in that format. This is how election are won in the SW if they are not rigged. It all happens 48 hrs to the election. Ward leaders mobilise house to house and i am not talking about middle class voters here or areas. I am talking about the lower class areas where majority of the votes come from.

ACN did not do this which they did for the legislative election. I dont understand how you can spend billions jetting round the whole country campaigning for Ribadu and 48 hrs to the election you dont mobillise for your aspirant in your strongest base.

Maybe a logical explanation might convince me.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by scottN(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
Aigbofa:

Of course we can be highly unreliable, especially when you are looking for partners in crime.
That means that in every situation u guys r always looking 4 partners in crime 2 bed with
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
scottN:

angry angry That's y they r highly unreliable and untrustworthy; very much like gypsies.  (Biafra, NADECO, Post Sani Abacha era, etc.) angry angry
Had it not been 4 their girls I'm not sure I would not have any close dealings with 'em.  grin  wink

I am sorry for your wrong perception of Yoruba people.

What you think of the Yorubas is the least of my concerns though.

Crazy people think every one else is crazy. grin

Your case would be best attended to at Yaba-left.  Becareful when crossing the streets ok? Those cars move at break-neck speeds.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2011
scottN:

angry angry That's y they r highly unreliable and untrustworthy; very much like gypsies.  (Biafra, NADECO, Post Sani Abacha era, etc.) angry angry
Had it not been 4 their gurls I'm not sure I would not have had any close dealings with 'em.  grin  wink

are you serious or you are just trying to be funny ?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lagosboy:

Leaders give instruction to state chairman, then to LGA party chairman then to ward leaders who then pass it on to polling agents and reps. Money is also distributed in that format. This is how election are won in the SW if they are not rigged. It all happens 48 hrs to the election. Ward leaders mobilise house to house and i am not talking about middle class voters here or areas. I am talking about the lower class areas where majority of the votes come from.

ACN did not do this which they did for the legislative election. I dont understand how you can spend billions jetting round the whole country campaigning for Ribadu and 48 hrs to the election you dont mobillise for your aspirant in your strongest base.

Maybe a logical explanation might convince me.

I guess you live in a different SW from the rest of us.

Well, what can I say, let your imagination fly with you. grin
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by EkoIle1: 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2011
There are 15 million registered voters in the SW and only 2.7 million voted. Meaning almost 13 million registered SW didn't leave their homes talk less voting for anybody. Obviously, the 2 million that voted = Ibo in the SW.

The question is---

1. Did Tinubu managed to convince 13 million registered SW voters to stay home and if so, how did he do it?

I know Tinubu is a powerful mythical figure to many people, but is he also a miracle worker with supernatural power to silently convinced 13 million registered voters to stay home and not go to the polls?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by scottN(m): 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
~Bluetooth:

are you serious or you are just trying to be funny ?
I'm dead serious they r quite a very gud company tho' they default in housekeeping.

but i tell u a yoruba man can stab u in d back (more out of fear) if u r not careful.

Ystranger:

I am sorry for your wrong perception of Yoruba people.

What you think of the Yorubas is the least of my concerns though.

Crazy people think every one else is crazy. grin

Your case would be best attended to at Yaba-left.  Becareful when crossing the streets ok? Those cars move at break-neck speeds.
did a flea just buzz by?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by maclatunji: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
Let us get something straight: The fact that majority of "less-informed" Nigerians voted for GEJ and he won without a run-off with questionable figures does not mean that his supporters are Politically savvy. Obviously, majority of people posting here do not know how elections are won in Lagos and the Southwest in general.

Let me guess, you think people will vote for Fashola on Tuesday because he is a great guy and has done great things for Lagos, abi? You are very ignorant. Here is how it is done. 48 hours before the elections, the Election money is withdrawn from God-knows-where, from there party leaders from the different zones come and collect their "allocation", they in-turn will share it between the Local Government party leaders who in turn will share it with ward-leaders, who in-turn, share it with the polling agents and their accessories, this will in-turn enter the hands of majority of the voters who depending on how loud and mouthy they are will collect anything between N200 and N1000 for their vote.

If this fails to happen on Tueday, Fashola will lose the Gubernatorial election to the PDP which has a similar machinery in place only less efficient because the party leaders expect to get compensation at the National level after appropriating the majority of State election "winning funds" for themselves.

Of course, International Observers will come and notice a smooth exercise with only a "few" discrepancies here and there, but nothing to change the credibility of the entire election.

Do not worry one day bushmeat go catch the hunter.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Kilode1: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lagosboy:

Brother, this is the crux of our discussion and I acknowledge thouands of voters genuinly voted for Jonathan. 30% of registered voters voted  in Lagos which is not normal in Lagos for a presidential election.

I think the answer is pretty obvious: there is only so much Tinubu he can do.

Yoruba progressives and a lot of educated youth support Ribadu, the rest of the SW went with GEJ and the sentiments around his candidacy. Tinubu can only do so much.

Believe it or not, I'm personally aware of Yoruba Villages in the hinterland where people do not know Ribadus name, they've never heard of Fola Adeola but they know PDP, they have a love/hate relationship with the Buhari image. They like the "broom" and Osun state proved that, but they are not excited about the presidential election so they stayed home. I believe the numbers showed that
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Remii(m): 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
he he he, Yoruba is to blame for everything,  smiley Biafra failed because Awo betrayed Ojukwu, now Buhari lost because of Tinubu, msheewwwww,  the same person rumour has that he would not accept to be is VP. When would Africans begin to take responsibilities for their failures, this is serious Afganistanism.

I voted BB, but in my polling booth PDP had 256, CPC 26, ACN 23, more than half of the voters there were non Yorubas.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
maclatunji:

Let us get something straight: The fact that majority of "less-informed" Nigerians voted for GEJ and he won without a run-off with questionable figures does not mean that his supporters are Politically savvy. Obviously, majority of people posting here do not know how elections are won in Lagos and the Southwest in general.

Let me guess, you think people will vote for Fashola on Tuesday because he is a great guy and has done great things for Lagos, abi? You are very ignorant. Here is how it is done. 48 hours before the elections, the Election money is withdrawn from God-knows-where, from there party leaders from the different zones come and collect their "allocation", they in-turn will share it between the Local Government party leaders who in turn will share it with ward-leaders, who in-turn, share it with the polling agents and their accessories, this will in-turn enter the hands of majority of the voters who depending on how loud and mouthy they are will collect anything between N200 and N1000 for their vote.

If this fails to happen on Tueday, Fashola will lose the Gubernatorial election to the PDP which has a similar machinery in place only less efficient because the party leaders expect to get compensation at the National level after appropriating the majority of State election "winning funds" for themselves.

Of course, International Observers will come and notice a smooth exercise with only a "few" discrepancies here and there, but nothing to change the credibility of the entire election.

Are you serious? All these trouble when Tinubu can just use his remote control?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by scottN(m): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

There are 15 million registered voters in the SW and only 2.7 million voted. Meaning almost 13 million registered SW didn't leave their homes talk less voting for anybody. Obviously, the 2 million that voted = Ibo in the SW.

The question is---

1. Did Tinubu managed to convince 13 million registered SW voters to stay home and if so, how did he do it?

I know Tinubu is a powerful mythical figure to many people, but is he also a miracle worker with supernatural power to silently convinced 13 million registered voters to stay home and not go to the polls?
I think when d SW ppl realized that the alliance btw ACN and CPC had broken down, they gave up on d presidential election and then switched loyalty. After all a presidential jet was used to convey Tinubu 4rm Lagos 2 Abj after d alliance talks broke down.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
maclatunji:

Thank you my brother.

This is what i have been singing all day long. WE online internet warriors dont understand our local politics and base everything on perhaps hearsay or popular opinion. SW politics is all about mobilisation and if party doesnt mobilise they will lose gallantly.

In a town of Ayetoro last saturday , the residents refused to come out to vote and demanded they get some money. 1000 naira was distributed to them each by PDP and the rest is history. Let us in the SW forget all this arrogance of sophistication, majority of our people still vote based on whatthey get.

There are educated people who vote with their heads in the SW no doubt but this class of people are not those who give the big numbers that win elections here.
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
Aigbofa:

Are you serious? All these trouble when Tinubu can just use his remote control?

Why burn energy with remote control when you can use mind control?

Remii:

he he he, Yoruba is to blame for everything,  smiley Biafra failed because Awo betrayed Ojukwu, now Buhari lost because of Tinubu, msheewwwww,  the same person rumour has that he would not accept to be is VP. When would Africans begin to take responsibilities for their failures, this is serious Afganistanism.

I voted BB, but in my polling booth PDP had 256, CPC 26, ACN 23, more than half of the voters there were non Yorubas.

Let them talk!
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by seanet02: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
Something is wrong with this Aloyemeka! Ystranger? Impersonation of the Highest Order!!
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

I think the answer is pretty obvious: there is only so much Tinubu he can do.

Yoruba progressives and a lot of educated youth support Ribadu, the rest of the SW went with GEJ and the sentiments around his candidacy. Tinubu can only do so much.

Believe it or not, I'm personally aware of Yoruba Villages in the hinterland where people do not know Ribadus name, they've never heard of Fola Adeola but they know PDP, they have a love/hate relationship with the Buhari image. They like the "broom" and Osun state proved that, but they are not excited about the presidential election so they stated home. I believe the numbers showed that

Do you agree with my point that is is only with "mobilisation" elections are won in the SW ?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Ystranger: 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lagosboy:

Do you agree with my point that is is only with "mobilisation" elections are won in the SW ?

So Tinubu told Aregbe to mobilize in Osun -state, and decided not to mobilize in Lagos?

Are you 12 or something?
Re: Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin by Lagosboy: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2011
no i am 3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Extracts From Barcanista's Posts About Buhari / Prince Abubakar Audu Biography And Profile / Video: Omoyele Sowere's Past Catches Up With Him As Woman Lays Curses On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.