Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k (26286 Views)

Is This A Good Idea For Interview Abroad. / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / Any Business Idea I Can Start With 500k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Misternas89(m): 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
Sheriman:

Well there is still time shaa! I can't even advise anybody to get another degree since such person has already had one. Learn a skill either digital technology or vocational skill. That should be what next and must be very serious about it. That is it ooo or else person go just dey carry paper certificate up and down without having anything to show for it.
Yea thanks my brother. Would work on learning those skills by God’s grace any moment. Though my laptop has been faulty for now with a bad screen, and I was told having a personal computer is just the very first step in learning digital/ tech skills. I stand to be corrected tho.
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ungodly:
can you elaborate more on this chief

Drop shopping is a method of e-commerce where you sell products without keeping an inventory, your role is to promote the product like you own it, then once there is an order, alert the manufacturer to ship it on your behalf.

You can also engage in print on demand, which involves creating designs for different products, then once there is an order, you notify the manufacturers, they will print the design on your behalf and ship it.

You can source products from aliexpress.com and display them on your site.

The products from China are way cheaper, but they are also not always of good quality and take time to ship to other countries.

There are other options, one is spocket, which helps you outsource product from the USA suppliers, and ship it at a faster rate too, and printful, which is a print on demand platform.

The profit margin is less here, but it adds credibility to your business, due to the quality of the product and faster shipping rate.

The process can be set up to run automatically on Shopify or woo commerce, although it will cost some money, the hard part is marketing, eCommerce is highly competitive, therefore you need to be innovative.

It is also recommended to stick to one product that you have a good knowledge of, this adds authority to your site, for SEO.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Sundaycomputer: 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
Play bet
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by RussellRutherfo: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
wisz1:
First law of business, never ventures into what you don't have an idea of. Since you don't have an idea about barbing, please abort that plan.

Do you plan to leave your fresh investments in the trust of someone who may not know how difficult it was for you to have raised up the money and start up the business?

I laugh when they keep suggesting a Barber Shop and hand it over to another to run.
Disaster..

This was how in the past. I took some money I saved and gave a family member who in turn didn't have the experience and gave another person. Till business packed up and money invested gone.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by RussellRutherfo: 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
Brexxit:
With that 500k you can venture into crypto trading holding your coins long term.Just get coins with good usecase and some good shitcoins too and watch yourself turn into a multi millionaire within 1 or 2 yrs.

Right now is the best time to buy because the market is currently down.
You can get coins with good use case like
SOL
BNB
CAKE.
AAVE.

And for shitcoins get some Shiba Inu, wakanda Inu,quack,metaverse tokens.
Just this year alone Shiba Inu made me a multi millionaire when it reached its ATH,I have been holding for 2 yrs.

How much of that Shiba did you buy?

I bought some but it's been losses.
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Jilingori: 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
Invest your money in wpp
WPP Group is the world's largest and most advanced advertising media group. The company was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in London, England, with 3,000 offices in 110 countries and more than 162,000 employees. WPP Group has more than 60 subsidiaries, mainly serving local, multinational and global customers, providing services such as advertising, media investment management, information consulting, public affairs and public relations, brand building and corporate image building, medical and pharmaceutical professional communication. WPP APP is a product of WPP Group. WPP APP is a promotion platform with more than 500 employees and more than 10,000 cooperative merchants from Facebook, YouTube and Tiktok. The company is currently recruiting formal members in the Nigerian market to help businesses and influencers on social platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Tiktok like or follow their short videos. Every time you help a merchant to add a like and follow task, the platform will charge a service fee to the merchant or internet celebrity, and the platform will use most of the money as a commission to the members who complete the task. This has also solved the employment problem of many people.
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by RussellRutherfo: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
InoGetJoy:

Crypto will crash by next year. I'm just giving you a heads-up

Why did you say so?

cheesy
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by abah001: 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
seyicodes:
Start Online Auto Spare Part Shop, Online Native Cloth Material Shop, Online Printing Service.

How can someone go about it
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by BabaIbo: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
HenryDion:
500k is too small

You don't know anything about business Mr man.

No reasonable amount is too small in a business...

Generally, those who started small and grow with time by investing more tends to outlive those who started big.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by BabaIbo: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
OP be mindful of all these advice flying up and down and again all these chat me privately people, please.

It is for your own good o...

Another thing is it is not advisable to employ someone to manage a business you don't know the in and out of it.
Before you employ someone, you should have managed it for sometimes to know the flow of the business for easy calculation, stocking etc.
That will be a stupid risk unless you deal in goods that are easy to calculate OR count, e.g cement, cartons goods etc.
These days pos owners that are novice in that line dey run loss sef, for you to know the kind of workers out there.
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by InoGetJoy: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

Why did you say so?

cheesy
You'll see
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by RussellRutherfo: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2021
InoGetJoy:

You'll see

You be Satoshi?
Abi!
Na you wan crash the market?
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Ungodly: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2021
Adakintroy:
Contact me personal. 08152630925.

Just invest it on my platform. I give you returns of 25, 30k monthly. You don't have to do anything just get your returns flat.
scam is written all over this… mad person

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Adakintroy: 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ungodly:
scam is written all over this… mad person

Most times I wear bathroom slippers with worn out clothes like a mad person and tell people I a have millions in my acct.

Premonitonally I take it they won't believe. And they usually don't Humans are strange
They don't investigate much they are lazy that way. They judge by site or perceive pre existing conceptions. Dont worry about the money.

I can give you even more than that. Money is nothing to make in Lagos. Just to think you know much that's all. Investigate proper. But with a free mind.
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by InoGetJoy: 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

You be Satoshi?
Abi!
Na you wan crash the market?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahajajahahahahahahah.... honestly, I don't have strength to explain but BTC will drop to around our below $20k and it'll take up to 2 years to rise to current price
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by damosky12(m): 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
HenryDion:

The money isn't enough

Like how much is the minimum you think will suffice?
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Ungodly: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Adakintroy:

Most times I wear bathroom slippers with worn out clothes like a mad person and tell people I a have millions in my acct.

Premonitonally I take it they won't believe. And they usually don't Humans are strange
They don't investigate much they are lazy that way. They judge by site or perceive pre existing conceptions. Dont worry about the money.

I can give you even more than that. Money is nothing to make in Lagos. Just to think you know much that's all. Investigate proper. But with a free mind.

oshey shalaye fc… the guy no dey message you privately sha, anything wey you wan yarn for am put am here make we see…

4 Likes

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Yomit71(m): 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
Misternas89:

No mind me, I was actually pursuing a lecturing job that time, that’s why I went for my MSc. Now stories don change, governing board for the said school don dabaru everything my brother. I con dey the part of “HAD I KNOW”
shit ain't funny!
I hate school
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2021
AdeOri99:

Create an ecommerce retail store, it doesn't necessarily need to be your product, you can dropship worldwide.
Check flippa, some business are making close to 100k dollar monthly.
E-commerce is the mother of business, ask jeff.

How do I set up this with 500k? Please share more knowledge
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
KingAfo:
Follow your passion. Don’t dabble into poultry or what you don’t know about.
Look for what you like…
I bought ordinary designer slipper from a lady on IG at 2k/one. And I’m selling for 5k
pls pass me d lady's number...

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by SavageResponse(m): 11:41pm On Dec 14, 2021
Adakintroy:

Abeg keep quiet na so una go dey lie!

If you really knew an easy way to make money in Lagos and have actually been making money you won't be here contesting for capital of 500K

3 Likes

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by RussellRutherfo: 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
InoGetJoy:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahajajahahahahahahah.... honestly, I don't have strength to explain but BTC will drop to around our below $20k and it'll take up to 2 years to rise to current price

I reject it brother. You wan make people commit suicide?
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Hdanny(m): 12:47am On Dec 15, 2021
AdeOri99:

Drop shopping is a method of e-commerce where you sell products without keeping an inventory, your role is to promote the product like you own it, then once there is an order, alert the manufacturer to ship it on your behalf.

You can also engage in print on demand, which involves creating designs for different products, then once there is an order, you notify the manufacturers, they will print the design on your behalf and ship it.

You can source products from aliexpress.com and display them on your site.

The products from China are way cheaper, but they are also not always of good quality and take time to ship to other countries.

There are other options, one is spocket, which helps you outsource product from the USA suppliers, and ship it at a faster rate too, and printful, which is a print on demand platform.

The profit margin is less here, but it adds credibility to your business, due to the quality of the product and faster shipping rate.

The process can be set up to run automatically on Shopify or woo commerce, although it will cost some money, the hard part is marketing, eCommerce is highly competitive, therefore you need to be innovative.

It is also recommended to stick to one product that you have a good knowledge of, this adds authority to your site, for SEO.
That's cool
Do you know how to do a thorough product research? I mean winning product that will sell fast
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by calcal: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2021
FKMagazine:

Chat me privately for a fail prove biz idea, or partnership that will yield high ROI.

Scammer
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by 360command: 3:09am On Dec 15, 2021
Misternas89:

Bsc Zoology, MSc Zoology but specializes on Molecular Biology and Genetics. That’s what I studied bro
go into research. Sell your research, you can also go into environmental consultancy or you write a book ..
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by tabontabon: 5:37am On Dec 15, 2021
Good morning, thanks for sharing this. Please, how can one go about selling beers of different breweries at wholesale to retailers. For example,selling brands of NB, International Breweries etc. And how does one get good prices from the various distributor as a first time buyer.

adonainana:

We can work together if you are ready

Loading crates of drinks from brewery itself is expensive similar to loading cement from Dagonte cement refinery

When next you are traveling on Lagos Ibadan expressway you will for sure see a trailer with crates of beer . Some trailers can have up to 2,000 crates

Also when you go into buying directly from the manufacturer itself, you would need to buy empty bottles first because I don’t think you as a first timer have empty bottles worth 1,009 crates

An empty crate costs 1,000 per crate

It’s not a hard business it’s just capital intensive in the sense that you will need 3 million or so to lift directly from Nigerian breweries

Once you have bought from Nigerian breweries and found somewhere to store your crates omo money don land ooo cos inline cement or any other perishable goods

Beer in crates does not spoil or have an expiry date , even the crates are perforated in a way that rain won’t spoil the crates

Once anyone hears you have up to 2,000 crates of beer somewhere you don become wholesaler for that region be that ooo

Cos from small hotels to beer parlours to other small retailers it you that they would easily come to and you add your own profit margin on top and sell on crates to them

The profit margin is so high that if everyone drinking Goldberg, went to Nigerian breweries to buy one bottle each they would pay between 100 naira and 125 naira per bottle
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Themi06: 5:55am On Dec 15, 2021
adonainana:
Come and do alcohol wholesale business with me

I run a hotel business already but I recently was wondering why why a crate of trophy 12 bottles jumped from 1900 naira per crate to almost 2700 naira per crate with no end in sight

So I discovered the small retailer we buy the hotel drinks from goes to a major wholesaler in town to buy like 100 crates each then after add like 300 naira on top every crate and come and start selling to us beer parlours and hotels

What this means is if I too have the capital to be buying 100 crates each of each drink, not only would I now be able to sell to my customers at a higher profit margin

Also apart from this wholesaler you can also buy from the depot / Nigerian brewery themselves but you need millions . A crate of throphy from Nigerian breweries themselves cost 1000 naira per crate

Imagine the difference between 1k and 2700 so whoever has money to go and buy from the manufacturer themselves would at source make more 1k per crate and we are talking 1000 crates or so . That’s almost 1 million naira profit on every delivery without even doing much

Also I run a hotel business already on ground so I know other hotels on ground that are always crying for alcohol

Finally this type of business has little risks reason being the product is a product that never fails to sell ALCOHOL

There are as much beer parlours or drinking joints or hotels or clubs or whatever in this Nigeria in almost every nook and cranny

So I am looking for investors if it’s 400 crates we can buy at once

I own the hotel premises where the crates of drinks trophy Goldberg medium stout etc will be kept

Also I have a delivery van that would easily be delivering to local hotspots

Beer parlours and local joints love it when a wholesaler delivers to them without them having to go and spend money on transport buying it themselves

Nigerian economy is very very porous as we speak

One of the easiet investments to make when you have a porous economy is to invest is ub an already established business or invest in a business that you know people always need and want

It’s impossible to open a beer parlour and be selling beer and meat in Nigeria and close down. It’s a business that there is always customers for

The classy part of beer parlour is nightclubs although nightclubs don’t sell beer like that they sell expensive drinks for more expansive clientele but it’s the same businesses

Any other questions pls ask publicly on this forum so I can answer them

500k is small money but big money too, if you fail to invest it wisely you will lose it within 5 minutes with the way Nigeria is at the moment

Read through the business proposal above and ask questions as you may wish

Regards

Barrister Akinola Samuel Eluyefa

Aka Mr kiksy money transfer
I like your idea, can we get to the specifics?
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by adonainana: 5:56am On Dec 15, 2021
tabontabon:
Good morning, thanks for sharing this. Please, how can one go about selling beers of different breweries at wholesale to retailers. For example,selling brands of NB, International Breweries etc. And how does one get good prices from the various distributor as a first time buyer.

Could you rephrase your question

Also there aren’t different breweries to be specific . There are mainly two of them Nigerian breweries and International breewirirs

NB produces Goldberg, star radler etc whilst international breweries produces trophy, Budweiser, hero, trophy stout, beta malt grand ......

1 Like

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by adonainana: 6:02am On Dec 15, 2021
Themi06:

I like your idea, can we get to the specifics?

Check out this two quotation

The first is from the brewery themselves a crate of trophy costs 2170 naira

second picture is from the retailer that supplies our hotel her own price is 2700 per crate

So much difference

How money you have in investing into this business proposal would determine how much money you will make

Also this business is like no other business because the products are sold even before they arrive

Beer is not like any other commodity in this Nigeria like cars or cement or iron rods or clothes

2 Likes

Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:04am On Dec 15, 2021
FKMagazine:

Chat me privately for a fail prove biz idea, or partnership that will yield high ROI.

Na scam you be. Scammer!!!
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by Themi06: 6:26am On Dec 15, 2021
adonainana:

Check out this two quotation

The first is from the brewery themselves a crate of trophy costs 2170 naira

second picture is from the retailer that supplies our hotel her own price is 2700 per crate

So much difference

How money you have in investing into this business proposal would determine how much money you will make

Also this business is like no other business because the products are sold even before they arrive

Beer is not like any other commodity in this Nigeria like cars or cement or iron rods or clothes
So what are the these you need apart from the capital. From what you're saying you have the space, transportation vehicle, some supply route....
Re: Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k by tabontabon: 6:34am On Dec 15, 2021
My questions are:

1: In the absence of large capital to buy directly from the two major breweries, how can one negotiate good prices with their dealers(major distributors) such that one can also sell at reasonable wholesale prices to retailers (buyers of few crates like 1,3,5 crates etc).

2: (assuming one is able to raise capital to buy directly from just one brewery), Is it advisable to start off with the products of a single brewery as a distributor.
adonainana:

Could you rephrase your question

Also there aren’t different breweries to be specific . There are mainly two of them Nigerian breweries and International breewirirs

NB produces Goldberg, star radler etc whilst international breweries produces trophy, Budweiser, hero, trophy stout, beta malt grand ......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cardbury Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State / Be Wise! They Will Never Advertise Vacancies But They Want Your Patronage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.