Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians (27187 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? / Senior Lawyer Wears Torn Gown And Wig To Court As Nigerians React. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nickshrapnel: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
Fooolishbuharri:

Are the Chinese good people to work for? If you happen to work for them or hear experiences people working for them have to share tufiakwa!
I’ve never worked with any of them before so I don’t know how the work relationship is, but I’ve heard a lot of bad complaints about them. I just wish there is a regulatory body those complaints can be directed to

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by tsspsolutions: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Have you worked for/with Indians.

Those ones are ruthlessly over bearing.

As in, they don't have joy at all. They don't want you to have a life outside of their chains.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Asianjollof007: 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
Go dangote cement factory in ibese, dem full there. Both indians, lebanese, chinese people.. Let me talk about the indians, they are perverts but seriously gbenshing all the girls wey dey work under them. Infact, you must concur to sleep with the indians before they employ you to work for them, you need to come here and see for yourself. A lot is happening, i no fit type everything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
HRSweetness:
I haven't had a Chinese boss before. I have only worked with them on projects. They are hard workers, detailed and have low morals (encouraged by the Nigerian way of doing business).

You see that mini black bag they carry to offices where they have interests, you guessed right. It is filled with lipsrsealed

Kuku talk am make we hear
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by tsspsolutions: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I have heard about the Indians and it's never a good talk about them. The question is that is there no agency responsible for checking their actions?

Kindly Google rishvat and you will understand better.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nuzo1(m): 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
OtunbaChibok:
Spent 7 years of my life with a Chinese firm,one of the biggest telecom vendors in Nigeria.

Was trained and rose tru the rank to from trainee engineer to a manage before I left after getting another job.

The company even decided to meet the new salary so I could stay but I have had enough and need to move to the next level iny career.

Had the best time of my life,pay was good and career development was apt.

Made lots of Chinese friends till date.

Basic Principle: Chinese don't like lazy people and slow thinkers....they aren't bad people to work with afterall.

Some Nigerian bosses are 100× worse than Chinese.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Chinese boss? What? undecided chinese people work for me here as my employee. Does all my labourer jobs on building sites. They are also very good at plastering work.

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
OtunbaChibok:
Spent 7 years of my life with a Chinese firm,one of the biggest telecom vendors in Nigeria.

Was trained and rose tru the rank to from trainee engineer to a manage before I left after getting another job.

The company even decided to meet the new salary so I could stay but I have had enough and need to move to the next level iny career.

Basic Principle: Chinese don't like lazy people and slow thinkers....they aren't bad people to work with afterall.

That I agree to

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by tsspsolutions: 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
4four:
Chinese, Indians and Lebanese are the wrong human beings u can ever work for, if you work for them for more than three years them go reshape ur life and destine for u

You know them very well. You even arrange them exactly the way I do. Chinese, Indians and Lebanese.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Fooolishbuharri: 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
I’ve never worked with any of them before so I don’t know how the work relationship is, but I’ve heard a lot of bad complaints about them. I just wish there is a regulatory body those complaints can be directed to

At least you now know why many sane minds hate them. Seriously I hope to beat one some day. Indians too. Useless people when no get level for their country go come our own dey come lord over us?

The regulatory bodies are in cahoots with them. They collect bribes and look the other way. The Chinese company at Abia that was indicted sometimes last year for maltreating staff, where's the report Abia state government promised to publish? Was any punitive measures taken against them?

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Mandela27: 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
My Chinese engineer was fond of abusing all of us at ACE footwear in trans-amadi...calling us mumu and always saying we don't have sense...omoh the tin dey pain me and I just dey swallow am...when I knew I was soon going to leave the company for school and leveling up,I warned him sternly that if he ever calls me mumu I was going to punch him in his face so hard that he might die and they are only going to arrest me...since that day the man avoided me like a plague...I liked it cus he started fearing and respecting me at the same time..still I wasn't satisfied I really wanted him to call me that name so that I would do my mind afterall I was at the verge of leaving the company..I hate Chinese and Philippines

12 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by tsspsolutions: 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
Surelay:
I am working with Indian company, I have never regret for a second. I always thank God for working with them. Better than British, American and Nigerian.

I even went to overseas training....Indian God bless your company ooooo

Which of the Indian companies?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nickshrapnel: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
Fooolishbuharri:

At least you now know why many sane minds hate them. Seriously I hope to beat one some day. Indians too. Useless people when no get level for their country go come our own dey come lord over us?

The regulatory bodies are in cahoots with them. They collect bribes and look the other way. The Chinese company at Abia that was indicted sometimes last year for maltreating staff, where's the report Abia state government promised to publish? Was any punitive measures taken against them?
In the end, we are our own enemy. If they don’t have the backings of some wicked, greedy Nigerians, they won’t dare do half of what they do now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Fooolishbuharri: 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
In the end, we are our own enemy. If they don’t have the backings of some wicked, greedy Nigerians, they won’t dare do half of what they do now

Exactly!

3 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nickshrapnel:

Yeah, money over morals

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by HRSweetness(f): 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2021
OtunbaChibok:

HUAWEI wink

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by HRSweetness(f): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
tsspsolutions:

Which of the Indian companies?

Read between the lines.

From the use of grammar, I've reached the conclusion that the poster is Indian. They all gat a funny way of writing.

3 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Drsnives(m): 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2021
sapphiere:
I'm a boss lady. Since I was born I've never worked for anybody.

You lie.. That Means you never schooled in Nigeria
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Emmasnoop(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
THEY COLLECT BRIBE SELF, VERY USELESS SET OF PEOPLE.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by segebase(m): 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
G
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by UgegbeIgbo14(f): 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
I prefer American or British boss to Chinese, Lebanese, tho some Indians are good like the one I met at V. I, so it depends..
How about Koreans, are those ones good or bad?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
LuQuLuQu:
Tired already of this new trend of questions on NL of recent.

You answer this, they ask another lame question
grin grin Nawa for you ooo
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by ibedun: 11:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
tunjilee003:
Imagine nigerians working like slaves in their own country, e no go better for government..

Ok e no go better for government. What about the man and woman who brought you into the world knowing they have not the resources needed to train, develop and leave you a legacy?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Sagay212: 11:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I have heard about the Indians and it's never a good talk about them. The question is that is there no agency responsible for checking their actions?

No agency will check their actions. Nigerians should put them in check by force. You treat their phuck up and make life miserable for them as they do to you.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by planetx: 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
The rubbish you allow them to get away with here in Nigeria you can't try half of it with them in China. I will become a destitute before a Chinese man or a curry smelling Indian will be bossing me around on my own continent.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by papyskinsy: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
4four:
Chinese, Indians and Lebanese are the wrong human beings u can ever work for, if you work for them for more than three years them go reshape ur life and destine for u

worked for the 3.. I proudly tell yu that Lebanese is worse.. Chinese guys don't just like seeing yu lazing around.. yu most be active

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
Drsnives:

You lie.. That Means you never schooled in Nigeria
Why contradict yourself?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by papyskinsy: 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
OtunbaChibok:

Huawei right?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by GeneralPula: 12:03am On Apr 13, 2021
maximunimpact:
Never will a foreigner boss me in my own country

Nah man you be!
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by JaneYave(f): 12:16am On Apr 13, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

Agencies are there, Ministry of Labour and Productivity and others. The Chinese cooperation understands Nigerians love bribe. The Oga at the top are bribed with jeeps and hampers, no one cares whether workers are dying in their hands. They disregard Nigerian Labour laws.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by JaneYave(f): 12:17am On Apr 13, 2021
4four:
You know them well.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Oktane: 12:27am On Apr 13, 2021
It's quite amazing how our contemporary work ethic can be summed up in one thread. So many posts riddled with an underlying fallacious fundament.

Lets try a little objectivity here......even though it is likely to draw some flak but no problem.

First of all I am no Indian, neither Chinese nor Lebanese. I have however worked for/and closely with the above mentioned nationals. I the UK I worked for an Indian small Scale producer of essential oils. He wasn't nice but neither was he wicked. He was just a businessman who wanted his business to thrive despite all the odds in a very highly regulated and controlled county. Time for him must never be wasted. He permitted us fixed toilet times, smoking times and lunch breaks (which were below the 'standard'). He paid only minimum wage....which was more than adequate for me as a student then. But then these wages were never late in the entire one year I spent there. He was very demanding though and insisted on a full days work for a full days pay. Surprisingly, the place was never lacking in applications.

Here in Lagos I was also privileged to work with Indians at a very senior position...never as their subordinate bit their equals and I can attest to the fact that they may just be the best in ensuring that the Nigerian stays in line as regards corporate goals and objectives. I dare-say that it's is perhaps only in Nigeria where a whole department requests for an off day to attend the naming ceremony of the sister of their team member.

So many frivolous reasons/excuses are evinced for laziness and lethargy here. How can you tell your boss that you are persistently late to work because your office is in Lekki and you reside in Agbede in Ikorodu.....or that 3MB is undergoing repairs and as such you will be consistently late into the job is completed.

The success of any organisation is determined primary by the overall attitude to work exhibited by the critical mass of the employees. In this country you need to wield the big stick and growl ferociously.

At a popular lounge at CMD road the proprietor had to seek the services of an Indian just to keep the business afloat and perhaps profitable. And this is just a bar.

Finally, we should show some gratitude for these Indians and others. Simply imagine an economy bereft of all the Indian, Chinese and Lebanese companies. Imagine the loss in terms of GDP and of course on the unemployment statistics. Shouldn't we be rather appreciative that they have provided succour in their own ways for our teeming unemployed?

Lets learn to live with them as this is no different from his they work and treat workers even in their home countries.

One way or the other they are able to extract some results..albeit with some pressure.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew / Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President / It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.