Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians (27202 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? / Senior Lawyer Wears Torn Gown And Wig To Court As Nigerians React. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by PoshTraveler: 12:30am On Apr 13, 2021
op is a racist. chinese are the best people to work wth. its just that for an average nigerian, they are seen as strict because they dont allow u do shit

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by TUNECHI86: 12:33am On Apr 13, 2021
I no dey use eye see china people for naija after what they did to my nigga that traveled to Beijing in 2018. I tear one of them beta slap for lekki early this year wen him won claim my chance for barbing saloon
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by 360command: 3:00am On Apr 13, 2021
OtunbaChibok:
Spent 7 years of my life with a Chinese firm,one of the biggest telecom vendors in Nigeria.

Was trained and rose tru the rank to from trainee engineer to a manage before I left after getting another job.

The company even decided to meet the new salary so I could stay but I have had enough and need to move to the next level iny career.

Had the best time of my life,pay was good and career development was apt.

Made lots of Chinese friends till date.

Basic Principle: Chinese don't like lazy people and slow thinkers....they aren't bad people to work with afterall.

Some Nigerian bosses are 100× worse than Chinese.
you are a houseniga
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Sailorsoldier1: 3:05am On Apr 13, 2021
I had Chinese as hostel and classmates wen I was studying in Belarus....oboy...their food stinks like mad....anytime dey use d general hostel kitchen just wait for 2 days before u enter

4 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by BRATISLAVA: 3:18am On Apr 13, 2021
Bampeh:
Work when it is time for work, don't waste resources and don't joke with time.

You become a scape goat when you form overfamiliarity! Work and go home because you came for the money and not for jingle bells.

bampeh understand them very well.

You're right. Worked with them, and actually learned a lot. Would I go back again? Yes! But on one condition.

I think their problem is staff who don't know what they're doing.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by BRATISLAVA: 3:19am On Apr 13, 2021
Sailorsoldier1:
I had Chinese as hostel and classmates wen I was studying in Belarus....oboy...their food stinks like mad....anytime dey use d general hostel kitchen just wait for 2 days before u enter

They smell weird, generally.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by BRATISLAVA: 3:20am On Apr 13, 2021
OgunLaakaye:

Indians are learners where Chinese are.

Chinese are the worst sets of humans on Earth

It's nothing personal. They treat their own people like animals, one would even say they are treating Nigerians better.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by BRATISLAVA: 3:21am On Apr 13, 2021
TUNECHI86:
I no dey use eye see china people for naija after what they did to my nigga that traveled to Beijing in 2018. I tear one of them beta slap for lekki early this year wen him won claim my chance for barbing saloon

And he just stood there and watched you?

Also, don't you think you're racist if this is true story at all?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by DWJOBScom(m): 4:36am On Apr 13, 2021
HRSweetness:

Read between the lines.

From the use of grammar, I've reached the conclusion that the poster is Indian. They all gat a funny way of writing.

You are very brilliant and intelligent too
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by ujezeez(m): 4:53am On Apr 13, 2021
Ponytail22:
I've not worked with Chinese but I've worked with Indians. Very wicked set of people.
they are indeed...
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by anthonyuncle(m): 5:03am On Apr 13, 2021
Hafyz23:
You were lucky!
kinda.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by anthonyuncle(m): 5:04am On Apr 13, 2021
tuna85:

A very rare experience to come by.
very very rare

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Prince001(m): 5:31am On Apr 13, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I have heard about the Indians and it's never a good talk about them. The question is that is there no agency responsible for checking their actions?

Thanks for good question! Unfortunately we have but bribes won't let them do their work properly cos of greed!
From my personal experience working at moment in Chinese company in Germany as IT-System administrator, they are better when it comes to discrimination, they don't care if u are black, Muslim, xtian or whatever. What they are after is ur productivity. In the same vein, they don't value ur exceptionalism cos they believe u are replaceable, that's why when anyone leave our company they don't bother to ask why and so on instead they just moved on to the next candidate. Since I joined the company I can't count how many workers that comes and go aswell cos Im the one registering and manages all the users of the systems in the company.
My overall assessment about them is they dealt with u according to the rules and opportunities that's available to them to do so in ur country!
They are chaotic when it comes to work ethics and so on but very determined to achieved their goals which they does at the end of d day compare to Europeans.
Nigerians govt is to blame when it comes to their ill treatment of their workers in Naija. Trust me they adapt to any situation very fast and that's d reason they are taking over everywhere.
All of the above are just my personal opinion not general!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:46am On Apr 13, 2021
Asianjollof007:
Go dangote cement factory in ibese, dem full there. Both indians, lebanese, chinese people.. Let me talk about the indians, they are perverts but seriously gbenshing all the girls wey dey work under them. Infact, you must concur to sleep with the indians before they employ you to work for them, you need to come here and see for yourself. A lot is happening, i no fit type everything.
guy nah true you talk..them go Bleep any girl, Dem like woman like die..if you girlfriend working in an india factory ..sorry for that

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:47am On Apr 13, 2021
Prince001:

Thanks for good question! Unfortunately we have but bribes won't let them do their work properly cos of greed!
From my personal experience working at moment in Chinese company in Germany as IT-System administrator, they are better when it comes to discrimination, they don't care if u are black, Muslim, xtian or whatever. What they are after is ur productivity. In the same vein, they don't value ur exceptionalism cos they believe u are replaceable, that's why when anyone leave our company they don't bother to ask why and so on instead they just moved on to the next candidate. Since I joined the company I can't count how many workers that comes and go aswell cos Im the one registering and manages all the users of the systems in the company.
My overall assessment about them is they dealt with u according to the rules and opportunities that's available to them to do so in ur country!
They are chaotic when it comes to work ethics and so on but very determined to achieved their goals which they does at the end of d day compare to Europeans.
Nigerians govt is to blame when it comes to their ill treatment of their workers in Naija. Trust me they adapt to any situation very fast and that's d reason they are taking over everywhere.
All of the above are just my personal opinion not general!
please is there a way I could use your ropes to apply for a job with your coy? Even If it's a unit in Nigeria that you can recommend me to sir. Thanks in anticipation foro your reply
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Kiezodumah(m): 6:00am On Apr 13, 2021
DSC7:
I can't be controlled by a foreigner in my own fatherland....

If any of them treat my paddy anyhow i go jst kpuff am troway....

As i dey so oyinbo no fit colonize my forefathers come still colonize me....

#Red Eyes.....

You have no fatherland. Nigerian has been sold to the Chinese and who told u that we are not been colonised already ??

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:03am On Apr 13, 2021
sapphiere:
I'm a boss lady. Since I was born I've never worked for anybody.
So how would you raise money to fund your own dreams if you don't work for people
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:04am On Apr 13, 2021
Boss Nihilistjnr good morning. I see you viewing
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by abeniagbon(m): 6:07am On Apr 13, 2021
LordsBattleAxe:

When did stealing become normal? Do you know how painful it is to have your workers steal from you? Yes, there are crazy bosses, but this doesn't justify stealing. It's no surprise that Nigerians will readily hire foreigners to avoid cases of employee theft.. Not cool, sir.. Not cool

That foreigner what was his mission...? He will pay a foreigner more better and his own citizen, A Nigeria Boss will pay a foreigner in dollar and still pay you in Naira at a lower salary of 40k that won't be enough for your transportation.

I have seen a case where they ask you to join them in stealing, if you refuse they go after you

my dear friend the Nigeria boss work you can hardly buy a scooter from it, Even if you buy it and bring it work he will still think you stole from him, if you buy new clothes and where it to work he will still have the same bad mind.

all this companies bosses and I know how they do

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 13, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

So how would you raise money to fund your own dreams if you don't work for people
Loan
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:20am On Apr 13, 2021
sapphiere:
Loan
Alright lucky you
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by iampeterben(m): 6:31am On Apr 13, 2021
I come in peace to learn from you people's experience before I fall into the hands of one.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Ajiswaggs(m): 6:49am On Apr 13, 2021
Never worked for any before. I'm a trader on paxful. So I trade with them daily and what I observe about them is getting good results though some of them are scammers too. Dey don't like to prolong matters, just give the result matters to them. I have traded with British too but they are so rude in there response but me dey give dem hot hot......most don sabi me wella for there sef.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by bravehost4u(m): 7:00am On Apr 13, 2021
Oktane:
It's quite amazing how our contemporary work ethic can be summed up in one thread. So many posts riddled with an underlying fallacious fundament.

Lets try a little objectivity here......even though it is likely to draw some flak but no problem.

First of all I am no Indian, neither Chinese nor Lebanese. I have however worked for/and closely with the above mentioned nationals. I the UK I worked for an Indian small Scale producer of essential oils. He wasn't nice but neither was he wicked. He was just a businessman who wanted his business to thrive despite all the odds in a very highly regulated and controlled county. Time for him must never be wasted. He permitted us fixed toilet times, smoking times and lunch breaks (which were below the 'standard'). He paid only minimum wage....which was more than adequate for me as a student then. But then these wages were never late in the entire one year I spent there. He was very demanding though and insisted on a full days work for a full days pay. Surprisingly, the place was never lacking in applications.

Here in Lagos I was also privileged to work with Indians at a very senior position...never as their subordinate bit their equals and I can attest to the fact that they may just be the best in ensuring that the Nigerian stays in line as regards corporate goals and objectives. I dare-say that it's is perhaps only in Nigeria where a whole department requests for an off day to attend the naming ceremony of the sister of their team member.

So many frivolous reasons/excuses are evinced for laziness and lethargy here. How can you tell your boss that you are persistently late to work because your office is in Lekki and you reside in Agbede in Ikorodu.....or that 3MB is undergoing repairs and as such you will be consistently late into the job is completed.

The success of any organisation is determined primary by the overall attitude to work exhibited by the critical mass of the employees. In this country you need to wield the big stick and growl ferociously.

At a popular lounge at CMD road the proprietor had to seek the services of an Indian just to keep the business afloat and perhaps profitable. And this is just a bar.

Finally, we should show some gratitude for these Indians and others. Simply imagine an economy bereft of all the Indian, Chinese and Lebanese companies. Imagine the loss in terms of GDP and of course on the unemployment statistics. Shouldn't we be rather appreciative that they have provided succour in their own ways for our teeming unemployed?

Lets learn to live with them as this is no different from his they work and treat workers even in their home countries.

One way or the other they are able to extract some results..albeit with some pressure.
Thank you... you applied to work so just do the work and get paid.
I run my own businesses and I must say that some employees are something else
Note that I am 100% Nigerian
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by DSC7: 7:18am On Apr 13, 2021
Kiezodumah:

You have no fatherland. Nigerian has been sold to the Chinese and who told u that we are not been colonised already ??

Bro that's how you feel anyway but am exceptional.....

You see this Country, It must be Great Again!!!

Just watch and see.......

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by lkillbrokehoes: 7:19am On Apr 13, 2021
Ponytail22:
I've not worked with Chinese but I've worked with Indians. Very wicked set of people.
Those yellow Chinese and brown Indians are the same thing

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by lkillbrokehoes: 7:23am On Apr 13, 2021
sapphiere:
I'm a boss lady. Since I was born I've never worked for anybody.
Are you sure? the future is crypto though.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Ubdavis(m): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2021
He kept telling me, Okela Okela. Slaps, hits and Kicks some staffs that are not proficient enough. Very anyhow hunan beings.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by RexTramadol1: 7:28am On Apr 13, 2021
E ku iroju o
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by crusufixo(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I have heard about the Indians and it's never a good talk about them. The question is that is there no agency responsible for checking their actions?

The NLC is supposed to checkmate the activities of these chinese / indians, unfortunately and sad to say, they are more useless than sewage water ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President / Why Must Men Demand To Sleep With Female Marketers Before Buying AD Space? / It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.