Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn (19057 Views)

Tax Experts, How Much Is He Supposed To Receive At The End Of The Month? / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos / SARS Officers Are Not Supposed To Wear Plain Cloth While On Duty - PPRO, Dolapo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Abalado(f): 5:38pm On May 27, 2021
Bsc Never get work na Msc u they talk about,make I rest abeg ,where Buhari they self ,abi he don travel again? Batman...him just they fly upadan
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by konny1(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2021
Ok
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by heybeebugatty(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2021
Bro, no b by certificate or qualifications but what you can bring to table.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 27, 2021
Oh you haven't lived long in Nigeria to understand
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by NoApology(m): 5:39pm On May 27, 2021
You should focus more on the number of languages you can learn. These days additional certificates doesn't matter, unless you want to go into academia. Blockchain engineers/programmers are hot in demand at the moment and they earn not less than 5k dollars every month.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by BruncleZuma: 5:39pm On May 27, 2021
grin grin grin grin

In Nigeria or in abroad?
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by fatymore(f): 5:40pm On May 27, 2021
Get the job first
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Itzurboi(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2021
Person wey suppose dey beg ASUU first make dem no strike any ball enter net... angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by FarahAideed: 5:44pm On May 27, 2021
You earn the value you bring to any organization
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by captainamiedi1: 5:45pm On May 27, 2021
MSC in Nigeria is rubbish. i would not even bother doing MSc in Nigeria. waste of effort. Even me when nor study computer science go f**k up for computer science.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2021
grin this is the thinking of a civil servant. Masters is worth nothing in the real world if it's adding nothing to the table
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:45pm On May 27, 2021
Square root of 30,000 naira... i.e. Minimum wage grin

On a serious note.... since you're already in the course, what would you do if someone said 5,000 / month? Withdraw from school?

I try my best to be Number 1 in ALL i do. I hate being average.

I think you should focus more on being a success than the salary.

Ans to your question.... I don't know grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 27, 2021
AquaPetals:
Entry Level.....150k
Mid level.......400k t0 800k

Senior Level.....1M to 2M
Management... 2M+

If you are a computer graduate and don't earn within the above ranges, quit your job and start day trading or farming.

Where do you work

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by captainamiedi1: 5:45pm On May 27, 2021
NoApology:
You should focus more on the number of languages you can learn. These days additional certificates doesn't matter, unless you want to go into academia. Blockchain engineers/programmers are hot in demand at the moment and they earn not less than 5k dollars every month.

make una dey limit these lie small abeg

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by RALPHOW(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2021
It depends on where you get job.
Where you get job depends on whom you know
Or Your God.
Thanks
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by cryptotech: 5:47pm On May 27, 2021
Allee90:
What is so special about computer science
Without computer science you wouldn't be typing here, shior , you will just open your mouth and be rubbishing everything.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Lordbinsmar: 5:47pm On May 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
One Msc holder was earning 35k as a gutter cleaner in Lagos. To worsen matters, they've sacked him.

There is no job in Nigeria, government agencies are not recruiting again, private firms are under paying graduates because they know that they don't have any choice than to accept the peanuts in good faith and hope for the best.

There is no fixed salary for your enquiry, unless you learn Java, programing and start working online or developing apps for companies.... become your own boss. That's when your pay will be reasonable.

This I have seen.

grin grin Oga seer

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 27, 2021
Allee90:
What is so special about computer science
We are in the middle of a Pandemic for God's sake.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by salford1: 5:48pm On May 27, 2021
Putting the cart before the horse.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Echara: 5:49pm On May 27, 2021
I know one that earns N30,000. I mean thirty thousand naira only.

Instead of you to focus and finish your studies first and your there think of non-available job.

Which programming language are they teaching you in school there that even make you think you'll be qualified to be employed as a computer scientist? That outdated Fortran 77 or Qbasic?

Better enrol for serious programming classes, if you've not done so already, now that you're still in school for your being employable.

Now to answer your question, there's no rules as to how much someone of a profession is paid. It depends on you and your employer.

Many cheers ��

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by money121(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2021
Ok
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 27, 2021
IT Guys na them they soft pass for Bank. Check am.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by miketayo(m): 5:52pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:
Hello guys I am currently in my 3rd year in the university as a computer science student..and I am contemplating going for my masters immediately after my studies...I would like to know like how much a c.s masters degree holder is supposed to earn as salary working for an organization... anyone with ideas should please help me out... thanks..

How much does he know
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Aboseday: 5:54pm On May 27, 2021
I would advise you focus on building your coding skills, get familiar with coding languages and build projects so you can improve your chances of getting a job after you graduate. You can now consider a masters and that should only be because you want to cement your career.
definitelyHIM:
Hello guys I am currently in my 3rd year in the university as a computer science student..and I am contemplating going for my masters immediately after my studies...I would like to know like how much a c.s masters degree holder is supposed to earn as salary working for an organization... anyone with ideas should please help me out... thanks..
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Echara: 5:54pm On May 27, 2021
cryptotech:

Without computer science you wouldn't be typing here, shior , you will just open your mouth and be rubbishing everything.

Is it the one thought in Nigerian schools?

Maybe he wanted to say "what's special about computer science in Nigeria?" Because we mostly use the already developed programs.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Masturbator2020: 5:57pm On May 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
One Msc holder was earning 35k as a gutter cleaner in Lagos. To worsen matters, they've sacked him.

There is no job in Nigeria, government agencies are not recruiting again, private firms are under paying graduates because they know that they don't have any choice than to accept the peanuts in good faith and hope for the best.

There is no fixed salary for your enquiry, unless you learn Java, programing and start working online or developing apps for companies.... become your own boss. That's when your pay will be reasonable.

This I have seen.
Pls how can you work online as a programmer or develope apps for companies? Waiting for your response pls
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 27, 2021
Don’t forget one have to plan ahead too sometimes

murphyrichy:
You are thinking too much, finish with your bsc 'n' get work first...No go get high bp o.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by aliscomonaj: 6:03pm On May 27, 2021
Depends on what he or she has to offer and depending on the organisation.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by sheddyboy01(m): 6:07pm On May 27, 2021
It depends on where your grace shine ooo

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by olamoses75(m): 6:09pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:
like seriously bro, na printing and photocopy business many computer sciencist dey do for this country o, I pray yours is different. Don't have the mentality of working for anyone after school, think on how to be independent, as a computer sciencist, I expect you to know about programming, so why don't you just leverage on that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by AbdulMajeed2(m): 6:10pm On May 27, 2021
Depends on your skills and experience. Degrees with no skills is zero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by AquaPetals(f): 6:10pm On May 27, 2021
azraeljaheel:

Where do you work
Ministry of Defence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Language Test At The U.s. Embassy - Administrative Clerk / What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? / Parents Who Want You To Study Medicine Love You For Real Do It !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.