Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn (19056 Views)

Tax Experts, How Much Is He Supposed To Receive At The End Of The Month? / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos / SARS Officers Are Not Supposed To Wear Plain Cloth While On Duty - PPRO, Dolapo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by elbulk(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:
Hello guys I am currently in my 3rd year in the university as a computer science student..and I am contemplating going for my masters immediately after my studies...I would like to know like how much a c.s masters degree holder is supposed to earn as salary working for an organization... anyone with ideas should please help me out... thanks..

It's dependent on how much skill you have. Having a Masters degree doesn't equate to earning big.
As a 3rd year student, what skills do you presently possess?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by definitelyME(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

In Nigeria or in abroad?
abroad
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by ecomalchemist(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2021
Job no dey naija sonny, but if you wan enter street hustle, the world is yours!!

Imma keep it real with you Sonny, don't venture into programming if you don't have money for data or good food.

E get why.

There are times you'd just smash your PC and scream fuckit, I want out when you can't debug a line of code...been there, done that.

Secondly, you need to be on some NOOTRPOICS (cognitive enhancement drugs...adderrall, modafinil, etc)

Here are some gems you can fuccc with, cheers.

You might want to listen to BLESSED (schoolboy Q ft Kendrick Lamar) while reading this while you light up a blunt, it'd help you a lot

Know this and know peace.

you can hit the ground running with a few tips below I you don't have any profitable venture at the monent, this..can be applied to almost anything if you think critically.

imma keep it real with you like my brother from another mother, The educational system in Nigeria has been watered down a great deal but there are still opportunities for grassroot hustlers, best believe that.

All you need now is a hustler's ambition / mindset, you need to grind like one who has no mother or father, its cold out there.

In Nigeria, there are two classes of people (Living things and non living things)...you need to be amongst the living and stop whinning and complaining about this and that, nobody has it easy. If everyone comes to Nairaland beer parlor with his or her story, you go thank God for your life.

Bum imma share some gems with you real quick and if you are street wise, you will take action immediately.

If you must make it in Nigeria, you must think like an OUTLAW. push your fine boy and degree aside, roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running.

however, If you are techy (digital marketing, ecommerce, mini importation, UI / UX, Graphics Design, Video editing)

If you are dead broke don't venture into programming, you cannot effectively learn programming on an empty stomach with lack of data

If you are hands on Plumbing, woodwork, electrical, interior design solar design and installation, phone and laptop repair

Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat,
ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...We all blessed my nigga !

Reach me privately if you are interested in gadget importation and sales from US.

Whatsapp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Casper21: 6:23pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:
Hello guys I am currently in my 3rd year in the university as a computer science student..and I am contemplating going for my masters immediately after my studies...I would like to know like how much a c.s masters degree holder is supposed to earn as salary working for an organization... anyone with ideas should please help me out... thanks..

Op has already fixed his dream to be a salary earner
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:
This is the kind of dumb questions I see everyday on this forum. All you care about now is how much are they paid work you never see o. Money, money what did you have to offer the company if somehow you got a job in a computer firm?. You don't even care about what you have to offer all that matter to most of you here is how much are they going to pay. Na hunger just dey pursue una go school these days sef. You better pray make you even see work sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Masturbator2020: 6:29pm On May 27, 2021
NoApology:
You should focus more on the number of languages you can learn. These days additional certificates doesn't matter, unless you want to go into academia. Blockchain engineers/programmers are hot in demand at the moment and they earn not less than 5k dollars every month.
Earn 5k in Nigeria? Pls tell me more pls...I am already pursuing my career in programing. I need motivations like this pls.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Froshloaded: 6:30pm On May 27, 2021
Lmao
Your masters means nothing.
I know a Masters holder in computer science that works as a phone repairer in my uni grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Masturbator2020: 6:32pm On May 27, 2021
captainamiedi1:

make una dey limit these lie small abeg
Which part be the lie?Because I understand that programmers outside Nigeria even earn more than that..
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 27, 2021
Laideabdulahi:
Those with the Msc certificate never get work.
You dey ask how. Much do Msc degree holders earn.

Better go and learn coding and other programming so u can get job.

Better leave that Msc.
I knew it, ndi html and JavaScript would jump on this thread to talk what they don't know. Op better learn cybersecurity and hardware programming these are the real bigwigs that receive fat salaries at Microsoft and the rest, not the ones that will receive something that can't even manage their life in a country like the US. Hustle now oh to get money and get your masters in another country, don't mind ndi Java and html.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by folake4u(f): 6:53pm On May 27, 2021
Froshloaded:
Lmao
Your masters means nothing.
I know a Masters holder in computer science that works as a phone repairer in my uni grin cheesy

shocked shocked
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by cloud(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2021
Instead of you to perfect your programming skills so u can be paid in accordance to your level of IT knowledge, you are here asking irrelevant questions
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by West2019(m): 6:59pm On May 27, 2021
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by COdeGenesis: 7:05pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:

What does your Master's degree solve for Employers? Especially Nigerian own wey dem them dey teach una outdate stuffs. Better go join a hub and learn an IT skill. FOcus on it and be good at it. You will higher than a PHD holder
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 27, 2021
Just 20million
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by captainamiedi1: 7:10pm On May 27, 2021
Masturbator2020:
Which part be the lie?Because I understand that programmers outside Nigeria even earn more than that..

how many programmers in Nigeria earns that much?? even programmers who work for foreign companies dont earn that much. 5k dollars not 3k or 2500k. calm down im a programmer and i can tell u for free. not all abroad devs even earn these much

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Ashibelieve: 7:13pm On May 27, 2021
The question should be, what can a BSC computer graduate offer companies?

No one pay you because of certificate except in government work
definitelyHIM:

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by phemmyfour: 7:18pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:
Private or public
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Hassanmaye(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2021
Echara:
I know one that earns N30,000. I mean thirty thousand naira only.

Instead of you to focus and finish your studies first and your there think of non-available job.

Which programming language are they teaching you in school there that even make you think you'll be qualified to be employed as a computer scientist? That outdated Fortran 77 or Qbasic?

Better enrol for serious programming classes, if you've not done so already, now that you're still in school for your being employable.

Now to answer your question, there's no rules as to how much someone of a profession is paid. It depends on you and your employer.

Many cheers ��
Did he studied computer science too
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Hassanmaye(m): 7:20pm On May 27, 2021
But please on a serious note abeg do we have jobless computer science graduates?
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:20pm On May 27, 2021
SegFault:

I knew it, ndi html and JavaScript would jump on this thread to talk what they don't know. Op better learn cybersecurity and hardware programming these are the real bigwigs that receive fat salaries at Microsoft and the rest, not the ones that will receive something that can't even manage their life in a country like the US. Hustle now oh to get money and get your masters in another country, don't mind ndi Java and html.
What’s wrong with programming?
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by moneyissweet(m): 7:21pm On May 27, 2021
Bring tools and join my office and bomb with my boys, I assure you 1mil NGN monthly.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Azeez532(m): 7:32pm On May 27, 2021
It’s not just by earning degree, in addition to that, you’ve got to have skills in which ever domain you would like: mobile / web / data science and the likes.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by tolaade1960: 7:36pm On May 27, 2021
Earning MSc Computer Science does not guarantee higher salary but in govt work , you can earn up to 180k except in high-paying agencies like NNPC, CBN etc.
But to earn high in private sector, u need to add skills in your area of specialization such as Cisco, Microsoft, etc

definitelyHIM:

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Ayubaossy(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2021
undecided get certificate first na

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Yankee101: 7:38pm On May 27, 2021
What are your stack skills? Which country?
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Dpaulie(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2021
This one funny ooh.. se na naija u Dey value masters like this U know but nothing, you never even have bsc
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Emmanitebest: 7:42pm On May 27, 2021
Make sure you are practically good in coding..

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Dantee8433: 7:48pm On May 27, 2021
U never see work u dey ask of salary.... grin grin
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Saintinoo(m): 8:02pm On May 27, 2021
definitelyHIM:

All these students sef, why not finish with th BSc first and see if you still want to go for Masters.
I believe you are being fed by someone, when responsiblities holds you, no body will tell you to go look for job.
Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by ubola: 8:03pm On May 27, 2021
In Nigeria, there's no fix amount for any course of study. Salaries in Nigeria depends on who your employer is. I know of a private Medical facility that pays Doctors 50k for a start, and when the MD wanted to downsize, the Employee Doctors begged to be allowed to still remain even when their salaries were to be cut down by 20k. No occupation strive by salaries . Do something to earn extra, laundry shop, car wash, drinking joint, fast-food /indomie joint, or better still get retainership in Banks to be fixing their computers. Forget salary abeg.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn by Vlain: 8:07pm On May 27, 2021
As a computer scientist u should focus on build and growing ur skill. No one gives a flying fvck about ur degree in the IT sector. Of what good is ur degree if u can barely code. Fvck Nigeria university. Better go and get courses online and learn.they would barely teach u shiit there.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Language Test At The U.s. Embassy - Administrative Clerk / What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? / Parents Who Want You To Study Medicine Love You For Real Do It !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.