Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why Relationship Is A Scam - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Relationship Is A Scam (24010 Views)

Why Relationship Is A Waste Of Time / Why Relationship Are Not Meant For Students / Opinion: Relationship Is Being Used For Free Casual Sex Anytime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by GoodFaith: 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
Lafrresh:
People who say "Relationship is a scam " have not found true love or don't know how to keep a good relationship... Saying this makes them feel better grin...

There's still true love out there

If there are 500 relationship
Please tell me the numbers that are true love?
Relationship and marriages are conditional love-- most time we all find a common ground
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by vanvino(m): 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Youths of these days love any discussion involving sex or relationship, I see this thread exceeding 5 pages. This I have seen.
ofcouse it will exceed 5 pages: Our fathers don't know how to play politics hence its difficult for a common man or a youth to personalise it so to have meaningful discussion, we see our Religeous Leaders as gods so we follow as them as sheep, only yes and amen is allowed. any personaliz issue stire up discussion. As for the matter on ground: Love exist, Relationship is not a scam, if she love you cus of money and you love her cus of her attractiveness its still love and relationship. am using attractiveness not beauty cus beauty is a combination of qualities character included. Nigerian problem is that we can't stand the truth hence we live in assumtion mood. if she say she love u, u assume she will love u without money, question: is that what she said? if she tell u the truth will u still treat her right? for her honesty?
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Wittyglam(f): 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
That is why all relationship will never lead to marriage. People just have different opinions about relationship. Some people see it as the highest bidder get me or the most handsome.
We all go into relationship for different reasons that is where attraction comes into place.

That is why I will never saying this, love is never enough, you need discipline, commitment and respect.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Abdanny2000(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
Abeg abeg, i don tire for relationship talk
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
Dalil8:
I quite agree.

And it's human nature to be selfish
I believe it's a borrowed nature, else we shall never experience any progress, selfishness is anti progress and i hate it with passion.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Didismart11(m): 6:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
Yes! I agree. Relationship today is nothing but scam. Everything looks out to his benefit. And money is the decisive factor. Do you blame them? No. Hunger and greed are two terrible infections.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by jaxxy(m): 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
GoodFaith:

Lot of people will say they want true love
lot of people are doing what the OP said-- sad reality
I personally see the world from treating people the way you want to be treated
There are few words I like to use respect, consideration and Fairness (treated people the way you want to be treated)

I agree with u on this. Not everybody wants true love and that’s fine. It is only a problem when is mislabel ur relationship. U shud know the exact kind of relationship Ure into and work with it accordingly. True love isn’t even easy to find these days bt it exists and No relationship is perfect so it depends on what works for u bt know u are responsible for ur choices.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by NaijaMutant(f): 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
Playermayweda:
Yes Op undisputed facts, Accurate to perfection,But i have a question for you.

WHO BROKE UR HEART MAH!!! grin grin

Nobody o grin
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Hugo7(m): 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
@OP you just said my mind.
In fact I don't plan going into all this 6 month 2 years relationship before marriage.once I am ready if it is within 1 week I will tell the lady without hesitation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Ishilove: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2021
NaijaMutant:

Hey!

It will be nice if you give a dissenting opinion with a superior logic rather than cancelling my post.

That's rude.
Mabinu
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by walkingshadow911: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2021
punisha:

it is not what it is dude.
no stars to thank either.
someday u will get mature enough to know what u want in a relationship.
not all r scam.

matured! u barely even know me.

Agreed not all are scam but majority are if u know what time it is
if u have no stars to thank, maybe u aren't aware of the serpent most men are dealing with in their marriages which was all sweet in the beginning and the cat was let outta the bag after marriage.
what we see is what we get. Just be thankful for what u see.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by BlackFlamefromP: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
Please don't insult animals. Animals are far superior to human when it comes to a capacity for pure, unconditional and non-judgemental love.

If you have ever had a dog you will understand what I am talking about.

IceDune:
It's called symbiosis

It's a way of life of animals and are all animals

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by xynerise: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
Love is not enough in a successful marriage

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by saphiere(f): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
The abortions and crazy things you did, it's bad that you can't even recall.
Hmmm Saint Obi thanks
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by walkingshadow911: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
GoodFaith:

If there are 500 relationship
Please tell me the numbers that are true love?
Relationship and marriages are conditional love-- most time we all find a common ground

oil dey head

no unconditional love anywhere, even God gave us conditions to make heaven

make I sip my Heineken in peace jare

2 Likes

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by masks(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
torn in between....
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
I don't subscribe to this thought process, though.

The points you made are logical but very debatable.

Yes, humans are by nature, selfish, but that's why people need to be in love for a relationship to be fulfilling. Love conquers our innate selfish nature - it sees you making sacrifices and putting the other person's interest above yours.

See, love grows, a relationship matures. But you have to first give it a chance right?

We mostly give chances to our preferences.

My preference in men includes; being a Christian, being literate, being responsible, older than I am, hygienic, etc.

This means that I consciously give only people with those qualities a chance. And that's where love starts.

But that in no way means I love them because of their religion or age or hygiene.

If I were to have no parameters and gave everyone a chance, I'd probably fall in love with people I never imagined I could love.

That's just it. So relationships aren't a scam, neither is love necessarily conditional. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by DEMZEE(m): 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
GoodFaith:

I did share same of the OP view
Lot of women have made lot of men life better --if it is by arrangement business transaction called marriage

I don't believe so

Behind a successful man isn't a woman but his shadow
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Eastcaostboy: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
NaijaMutant:
Greetings y'all,

Just making my debut in the romance section.

Why relationship is a scam.

Human beings are selfish by nature and everyone is only looking out for himself/herself. This is an undeniable fact. This fact also applies to relationships.

He is rich and she's beautiful; he wants a beautiful lady to match his wealth while she wants a rich guy to complement her beauty. Both of them reach a compromise to enter into a relationship since their selfish interest has been met.

When you also consider other various qualities such as Intelligence, education, complexion, character, height, sense of humor amongst other biases that shapes our selfish interest; both parties reach a compromise when their interest is met.

Both parties profess love and a relationship is established which is usually expected to lead to marriage. This is usually the case of some beautiful marriages around us.

Things usually fall apart the moment a partner meets another person who is higher in the scale of preference to satisfy his/her interest.

Then, the losing party feels cheated, betrayed and eventually turns into a feminist or misogynist.

We usually pretend our relationships are born out of true love forgetting that true love is not usually conditional or selfish.

If you have this understanding, you'll no longer kill yourself when your partner finds a better partner that will fulfill his/her dreams (selfish interest)

Know this and know peace. cool

P.S: This narrative does not negate the existence of true love which accounts for less than 5% of marriages today.
Because you keep spending without returns...who does that
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Goldbw122(m): 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
if a relationship is a scam, then what will you do to lead to marriage, what will be the substance for marriage?
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Mypeople2(m): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
IceDune:
It's called symbiosis

It's a way of life of animals and are all animals
My guy most of them are parasitic .She is beautiful and the guy is a millionaire...must you leave him a thousandnaire ? Did he reduce your beauty?
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by IceDune: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
Please don't insult animals. Animals are far superior to human when it comes to a capacity for pure, unconditional and non-judgemental love.

If you have ever had a dog you will understand what I am talking about.

If you've ever heard of probiotics you will understand what I'm talking about
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by IceDune: 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mypeople2:
My guy most of them are parasitic .She is beautiful and the guy is a millionaire...must you leave him a thousandnaire ? Did he reduce your beauty?

Atleast she stroked his ego. If he didn't need her for something he wouldn't go for her. Just saying
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by MightySparrow: 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
I don't agree that true love can have a choice.Love itself is like a living organism:born, grows healthy or sick, dies if need be.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by lkillbrokehoes: 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
saphiere:
Hmmm Saint Obi thanks
I have to be honest Sapphiere, I'm really really disappointed in what you did, I even thought you were still a virgin but you proved me wrong. I know we all have our own mistakes but repeating the same mistake twice is totally wrong.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by fineboynl(m): 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
it's was a beautiful piece but ended up spoiling with the last line because there is absolutely no love in relationships.

marriage is not for everybody. the earlier young people knows it's a business investment that need alot of focast because it's evolved the unseen future the better it's is for all.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Chykes4micheal: 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
See the people that call themselves matured people opening their dirty mouth to say that relationship is a scam....

For all of you who agreed that it is a scam, you guys are the main problem in your relationship and and that is why you believe it is a scam.

Let those who are enjoying their relationship continue to enjoy it abeg... Don't listen to this scrap that the writer put up here. Nonsense

After getting into wrong relationships, having wrong motives of entering the relationship in the first instance, una no begin talk rubbish. You will not ask God for direction on who you should start a relationship and settle down with. You will use your ordinary eyes and be choosing forgetting that anything at the realm of sight is temporal.

Annoying post angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by OLRAYS(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
I hate that thing called love�
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by GoodFaith: 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
Chykes4micheal:
See the people that call themselves matured people opening their dirty mouth to say that relationship is a scam....

For all of you who agreed that it is a scam, you guys are the main problem in your relationship and and that is why you believe it is a scam.

Let those who are enjoying their relationship continue to enjoy it abeg... Don't listen to this scrap that the writer put up here. Nonsense

After getting into wrong relationships, having wrong motives of entering the relationship in the first instance, una no begin talk rubbish. You will not ask God for direction on who you should start a relationship and settle down with. You will use your ordinary eyes and be choosing forgetting that anything at the realm of sight is temporal.

Annoying post angry angry
how u think
Chykes4micheal:

Dont call Nigeria a cursed country abeg. People are making it big time in Nigeria. There is no country that does not have her shortcomings or bad sides. Just for your info

Out of 100 people
5 people making out of the 5 people 3 are stealing the people's money

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mature--------"See the people that call themselves matured people opening their dirty mouth to say that relationship is a scam.."
unreality
Somebody like you will say Nigeria have a future
lie to yourself
Today relationship and marriage are full of BS
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Coolbadguy: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
Abeg relationship na scam that's all.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by doris4u(f): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
I won't say relationship is a scam totally, it becomes scam wen people date each for the wrong reasons. Las Las it still backfires
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by wonder233: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
I agree with you 100%
NaijaMutant:
Agreed or disagreed ?

I'd like to hear what a dissenting opinion has to say about this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Prove My Love To My Gf? / Guys Do You Prefer Younger Or Older Ladies?? / 5 Tips To Bring Back The Spark In Your Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.