Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:51 PM

Why Relationship Is A Scam - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Relationship Is A Scam (24343 Views)

Why Relationship Is A Waste Of Time / Why Relationship Are Not Meant For Students / Opinion: Relationship Is Being Used For Free Casual Sex Anytime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by seyz91(m): 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
you said it all

nothing else to be added or removed

i remove cap for you grin
NaijaMutant:
Greetings y'all,

Just making my debut in the romance section.

Why relationship is a scam.

Human beings are selfish by nature and everyone is only looking out for himself/herself. This is an undeniable fact. This fact also applies to relationships.

He is rich and she's beautiful; he wants a beautiful lady to match his wealth while she wants a rich guy to complement her beauty. Both of them reach a compromise to enter into a relationship since their selfish interest has been met.

When you also consider other various qualities such as Intelligence, education, complexion, character, height, sense of humor amongst other biases that shapes our selfish interest; both parties reach a compromise when their interest is met.

Both parties profess love and a relationship is established which is usually expected to lead to marriage. This is usually the case of some beautiful marriages around us.

Things usually fall apart the moment a partner meets another person who is higher in the scale of preference to satisfy his/her interest.

Then, the losing party feels cheated, betrayed and eventually turns into a feminist or misogynist.

We usually pretend our relationships are born out of true love forgetting that true love is not usually conditional or selfish.

If you have this understanding, you'll no longer kill yourself when your partner finds a better partner that will fulfill his/her dreams (selfish interest)

Know this and know peace. cool

P.S: This narrative does not negate the existence of true love which accounts for less than 5% of marriages today.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by seyz91(m): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
right! can't be said any better
Fiscus105:
the issue is that guys will never go and meet ladies that they want to Bleep, since sex is seen as dirty, but guys would rather hide under relationship .....say I love u I want relationship but deep inside man is to just suck and throw the reminant .....and for the ladies, they see their body as sacred and they believe man can't do without it, as a result ladies put premium on their body
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
AsherAmari:
Exactly!
This is the reason a lot of relationships today hit the rocks even before they start. The moment you fall short of the high expectations, the "love" dwindles drastically without warnings and you begin to wonder what happened to the initial professions of love for each other. Where did things go wrong? Meanwhile, our selfish Interests all along have blinded us from seeing that there was really no genuineness in our intentions from the onset.

I've said it, no son of man will come with deception to woo me. The spirit of God will expose and disgrace him by fire!

cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by NLambassador(m): 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
That is the situation of things in today's world. I used to be an advocate of love, but then I realized it exists not in the heart of the majority. How preposterous! If you are among the few ones that experience mutual love and affection, you don't know what God has done for you.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by waxzimiton7(m): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Beautiful!!! I totally agree with you.

I also have something like this that I wish to post on nairaland but how to go about it is what I don't know. Please anyone with the idea of how I can post my stuff on nairaland should help please.

My WhatsApp contact is: 07032184539
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Chykes4micheal: 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
GoodFaith:

how u think

Out of 100 people
5 people making out of the 5 people 3 are stealing the people's money

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mature--------"See the people that call themselves matured people opening their dirty mouth to say that relationship is a scam.."
unreality
Somebody like you will say Nigeria have a future
lie to yourself
Today relationship and marriage are full of BS

Let me tell you something... Many well meaning Nigerians have concluded that Nigeria have no future because of the kind of people and leaders we have amidst what is happening currently.

Truth be told, i almost joined the populace in drawing a conclusion that there is no future in Nigeria and that Nigeria cannot be better in any way... Not until i realised that the people of Isreal suffered in the hands of the Egyptians for 430 years before God heard their cry and sent Moses to go bring them out of bondage. 430 years no be beans o... But at least Isreal was saved.

So, I have this to say.... Nigeria still has a future. Nigeria will become far better than Canada one day. That day might not even come in your generation. It might come during the generation unborn. But it must, i repeat... It MUST come to pass where Nigeria will have a future. Whether take 500 years or not, it must surely come. Believe it or not!

2 Likes

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by MrIcredible: 9:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
NaijaMutant:
Greetings y'all,

Human beings are selfish by nature and everyone is only looking out for himself/herself. This is an undeniable fact. This fact also applies to relationships.

He is rich and she's beautiful; he wants a beautiful lady to match his wealth while she wants a rich guy to complement her beauty. Both of them reach a compromise to enter into a relationship since their selfish interest has been met.

When you also consider other various qualities such as Intelligence, education, complexion, character, height, sense of humor amongst other biases that shapes our selfish interest; both parties reach a compromise when their interest is met.

Both parties profess love and a relationship is established which is usually expected to lead to marriage. This is usually the case of some beautiful marriages around us.

Things usually fall apart the moment a partner meets another person who is higher in the scale of preference to satisfy his/her interest.

Then, the losing party feels cheated, betrayed and eventually turns into a feminist or misogynist.

We usually pretend our relationships are born out of true love forgetting that true love is not usually conditional or selfish.

If you have this understanding, you'll no longer kill yourself when your partner finds a better partner that will fulfill his/her dreams (selfish interest)

P.S: This narrative does not negate the existence of true love which accounts for less than 5% of marriages today.
Good write-up, but it's unfortunate that you also have the mindset that there's such thing as true love. IT DOESN'T EXIST!
KNOW THAT AND KNOW PEACE.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
Nonsensical nonsense
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by MrIcredible: 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
punisha:
this your talk self be somehow.

I dey broke when I marry my wife that year.

she is beautiful, Intelligent (I no sabi anything)

how many years later, her beauty is now pronounced and enhanced. she's also a career woman.

she married me in my wowo state.

Relationship no be always scam.

ps, whomever broke ur heart needs to be stoned.
Keep fooling yourself.
One man's leftover is another man's queen... Your sense fit no wan understand but that's your problem. Your wife has a past and she needed marriage with you for distraction...
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by obowunmi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
NaijaMutant:
Greetings y'all,

Well said. Well said.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Myketuale(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
punisha:

how many years later, her beauty is now pronounced and enhanced. she's also a career woman.

she married me in my wowo state.

you are very right
not all relationship are scam

But majority of our relationship nowadays are scam because d love we have for our self is not genuine and a conditional love.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by IgboWarlord(m): 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
My last "real"relationship was in 2016 and the bit*** smashed my heart into a million pieces..Since then,i've just been whoring my way through PH..
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by punisha: 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
MrIcredible:

Keep fooling yourself.
One man's leftover is another man's queen... Your sense fit no wan understand but that's your problem. Your wife has a past and she needed marriage with you for distraction...

I am happily married and its been 6 glorious years and we will count many more. I didnt own a bicycle, until she came, now I own cars , lands and houses all in 6years oh u can add that I regularly travel for business too.
keep being depressed over my happiness, guess what ? I've been here for long to know that people like u will never amount to anything in life. die off never remembered nor with a decent partner.

so yes my wife had a past and so did I...
I actually had a horrible life worse than hers so go and look for who to shame.
need I remind u that the topic is about relationship being a scam, mine isn't.

read it through slowly then tell yourself the truth...u will die lonely.
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 15, 2021
AsherAmari:
Exactly!
This is the reason a lot of relationships today hit the rocks even before they start. The moment you fall short of the high expectations, the "love" dwindles drastically without warnings and you begin to wonder what happened to the initial professions of love for each other. Where did things go wrong? Meanwhile, our selfish Interests all along have blinded us from seeing that there was really no genuineness in our intentions from the onset.

I've said it, no son of man will come with deception to woo me. The spirit of God will expose and disgrace him by fire!

I almost mistook you for a friend below
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 15, 2021
SimplyFacts:

I almost mistook you for a friend below

shocked
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 15, 2021
AsherAmari:

shocked

Lolz,,,,
I took it down coz I wouldn't want it to go beyond here
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by MrIcredible: 4:16am On Apr 15, 2021
punisha:

I am happily married and its been 6 glorious years and we will count many more. I didnt own a bicycle, until she came, now I own cars , lands and houses all in 6years oh u can add that I regularly travel for business too.
keep being depressed over my happiness, guess what ? I've been here for long to know that people like u will never amount to anything in life. die off never remembered nor with a decent partner.

so yes my wife had a past and so did I...
I actually had a horrible life worse than hers so go and look for who to shame.
need I remind u that the topic is about relationship being a scam, mine isn't.

read it through slowly then tell yourself the truth...u will die lonely.
Lol
Like I give a fûck about what a nobody types on the internet when you could just be a bot or a toddler, or a lowlifer feeling funky grin
You claimed that your past is worse than your wife's? How sure are you about that? cheesy grin grin
What if I told you that I'm Chris brown, would you disbelief me? grin
You're wasting your time fooling yourself thing grin
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 15, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Lolz,,,,
I took it down coz I wouldn't want it to go beyond here

Ok.

She's your girl?
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by ofiko123(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2021
Relationship is not a scam when it eventually leads to marriage...
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by tonyson010(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2021
Fiscus105:
the issue is that guys will never go and meet ladies that they want to Bleep, since sex is seen as dirty, but guys would rather hide under relationship .....say I love u I want relationship but deep inside man is to just suck and throw the reminant .....and for the ladies, they see their body as sacred and they believe man can't do without it, as a result ladies put premium on their body, ......did you think I'm a prostitute? yet deep inside them they want good money after going out with guys but they too hide under relationship blablah.

Many girls want money but don't want to go about begging men money up and down.....so apparently a kinda of relationship is used. Guys use the apparent relationship to get the sex too. All we do is packaging.
However good relationships are there, which is beneficial to both emotional, mentally & in some cases financially.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 15, 2021
AsherAmari:

Ok.

She's your girl?

No,,, an old friend.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 15, 2021
NaijaMutant:
Greetings y'all,

Na now day Just break for your side. Everything about life Is centered around "MANIPULATION & DECEPTION" Sharpen your skills In this Acts and you'll have the world at your finger tips.....
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 15, 2021
walkingshadow911:

Only a career woman can be there for a man.
Any man dating a broke girl and jobless is only dating himself while the girl is only dating his pocket
it is what it is
thank your stars dude

Well said dating a broke and Jobless girl and showing you fake love nowadays Is mostly pure deception. Except for some exceptions when the lady Is dating a broke guy and won't be pestering the guy for any damn thing, Which Is very rare nowadays. Another funny thing Is the said lady might truly love the guy despite his condition but might have a lowkey helper servicing her secretly and using the proceed to assist her lover. In such situation, I always give Kudos to such ladies and I render Curses to the said lover boy If he later dumps the lady because we humans can be very unfortunate at times.....

1 Like

Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Hassanmaye(m): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
2elliot:
Una wan just kill the marriage and family unit God created and blessed by force by fire. See as we have become very confused and lonely as humans after going against the standard of God for relationships and marriage. Love is very very scarce now. Again and again, humans have vindicated God and have shown that sin is a reproach.
Well, I am patiently waiting for that day when the Biblical prophecy will be fulfilled, when seven women will toast a man and beg him to marry them. I can't wait to chop seven of these vagina people when their shakara don end.
Wicked boy
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by GoodFaith: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
Chykes4micheal:

Let me tell you something... Many well meaning Nigerians have concluded that Nigeria have no future because of the kind of people and leaders we have amidst what is happening currently.

Truth be told, i almost joined the populace in drawing a conclusion that there is no future in Nigeria and that Nigeria cannot be better in any way... Not until i realised that the people of Isreal suffered in the hands of the Egyptians for 430 years before God heard their cry and sent Moses to go bring them out of bondage. 430 years no be beans o... But at least Isreal was saved.

So, I have this to say.... Nigeria still has a future. Nigeria will become far better than Canada one day. That day might not even come in your generation. It might come during the generation unborn. But it must, i repeat... It MUST come to pass where Nigeria will have a future. Whether take 500 years or not, it must surely come. Believe it or not!

Keep hoping my brother
Nigeria go better in 500 year
Good luck
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by ursamajor: 8:53am On Apr 22, 2021
just tryna check who deactivated
Big scam. Everyone loves u when there is money. When the chips are down, No love. This applies to both male and females.
Please, check my signature
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by Youngpo413: 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by MrBroke(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2023
punisha:

Now i am blessed beyond measure.

she married me in my wowo state. like i had nothing to offer.

for those quoting me and saying rubbish, sorry but not sorry if my happiness is your headache.

Mutualism has been there from day one you started your relationship. You have selfish reasons for being with her and vice versa. It is universal, stop trying to fool yourself Mr
Re: Why Relationship Is A Scam by MrBroke(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2023
Fiscus105:
the issue is that guys will never go and meet ladies that they want to Bleep, since sex is seen as dirty, but guys would rather hide under relationship .....say I love u I want relationship but deep inside man is to just suck and throw the reminant .....and for the ladies, they see their body as sacred and they believe man can't do without it, as a result ladies put premium on their body, ......did you think I'm a prostitute? yet deep inside them they want good money after going out with guys and not necessarily committed relationship , but they too hide under relationship blablah.

You are smart dude. You just stated real facts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Lost The Fathers Of My 6 Children: Woman Narrates (photos & Video) / India Sucks!!! Do Not Date An Indian Woman Let Alone Marry! / What Feature (s) Is A Must Have For A Partner You Intend To Date Or Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.