Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,311 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion (54520 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures) / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by globalresource: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2021
Akshow:

You think its only the government of a country that should build factories and industries?

Have u thought of how many people will be employed if the 160 billion about to be wasted (.....yes its a waste) is used to build an industry?

A church that already has the largest auditorium, what more building does it require to the point of wasting 160 billion.

You think China, Japan, Switzerland etc. got to their enviable height by building religious house all over their country?

My brother I understand u...but do religious leaders in Japan, Switzerland building factories?

Even most companies are closing up in Nigeria cos of insecurity, inconsistent in government policies, corruption and power issues. And only the government have power to fix that. Bishop Oyedepo pays over 17,000 people's salary every month
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CodeTemplar: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

... save souls or further impoverish them by reducing their disposable incomes in the name of tithing.

I swear, these churches need to fuckin' taxed.

Righteousness2, when will your spiritual father, Lazarus Muoka buid his own?

No vex, I forget say your church no get level. Na okrika and spare part dealers full there. grin

Your brain is not working 100%.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by gwinaB(m): 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

160,000 people empowered with a million each would have way more impact than this project in my opinion.

What happened to all the ones so far impacted? Besides the construction is going to create employment for a lot of artisans and engineers. Local traders will also benefit as well as transport companies hauling materials. The government will get more revenue from this activity. The 160bn is not going into oyedepo's pocket, it's going into the economy.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by biGwal(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2021
Abeg where dem dey see this money from??
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by soberdrunk(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
PHijo:

He is doing a LOT for members!

Only the knowledge people through him is enough. In coming years many of the members will see state allocation as chicken change. That is the realm we operate in as believers. Those who fail to understand will fail to operate in that realm.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin hahahahha!! You are so deep in the illusion that you can never come out!!!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
soberdrunk:

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin hahahahha!! You are so deep in the illusion that you can never come out!!!

grin
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by soberdrunk(m): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
GoldHorse:
He won't make his money back...with the way things are going in the country. No be like before

Don't be deceived the money will be made back easily, let's assume 10 million members pay an average tithe of ten thousand monthly, that is 100 billion per month. In two months the capital is back plus 40 billion naira profit.........

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by PHijo(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2021
soberdrunk:

Thank you, I see that as a compliment.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Lekan239(m): 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.
oyedepo should share 1millon naira each to 1,600 members
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Akshow: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
globalresource:

My brother I understand u...but do religious leaders in Japan, Switzerland building factories?

Even most companies are closing up in Nigeria cos of insecurity, inconsistent in government policies, corruption and power issues. And only the government have power to fix that. Bishop Oyedepo pays over 17,000 people's salary every month

Thats the issue. No over rich religious leader milking the congregation dry and wasting money on useless white elephant projects in japan, china etc. Most companies are closing up but we are the most populated black nation on earth and business(any sort of business or service) will always sell. He pays over 17,000 people most of which contribute nothing to the economy aside his workers at convenant university.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
Akshow:
Nigerians build churches and mosques instead of factories and go to these religious centers to pray for job. Buncha confused mentally enslaved people.

Imagine if this money goes to factory building ...imagine the employment opportunities and the production.....
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CodeTemplar: 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
Emperor4tune:
all these structures just to gather men who will become angry with you when you fail to give them food,the truth is that when they are tired of paying thieth and offerings to you while you keep enlarging they will come for your neck just use this money and empower the less privillege and stop all this monomental competetions in mega cities

Shut it pls.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by ezlubo: 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
chijokz:

Exactly my assertions.
I had this same discussion with my brainwashed friend.
I told him it's all about business expansion and I did the math with him. Hypothetically, Let's say every attendee pays tithe and offerings of 1k.
Current building revenue: 50k capacity x 1k = N50,000,000
The Ark projected revenue: 100k capacity x 1k = N100, 000,000
I told him it's purely business and an expansion strategy which I don't have anything against. But disagree with the premise of it winning souls.
You are entitled to your bias, but at least try to be informed and reasonable. The man already runs more than 3 services every sunday with population far in excess of the capacity of the new building being put up. so this is hardly a case of expansion for increased revenue but more of convenience, ease of workload and maybe improved fellowship experience.
It is even more exciting that the project is being handled by local firms. A huge lot of that money still gets to rotate in our local economy, fueling productivity and human capital development. No one is stacking up humongous amounts of cash to erect an edifice!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Lamzykay: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Na wah oh.... Can't he do something beneficial for the members instead of building this contraption.
150 billion can change the life of a lot of people in many ways or look around for one of the project that our wicked leaders have refused to do and do it.
Before you quote me remember that this is what Jesus would have wanted.
This is not what Jesus would have wanted ...you ere because you don't know the scriptures nor the power of God ...check the story of mary and her sister,who was,busy serving when Jesus came visiting....
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by truthstands01: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
There's nothing wrong with this project as far as people are willing to build for God because God deserves the best after all there are some mosques in many countries worth more billions that this building. Its only when it comes to God that terrible folks start making references. In the bible, the temple built by Solomon has gold, silver, bronze and many other precious stones in it.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by femi4: 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2021
kumulus:

It never was.... sad
It was in the Old testament...read your Bible
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
5 private jet pastor.. chai hell fire go full sha.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by filipin: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
This is the definition of stupidity.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:
This is serious. Some states budget in Nigeria for a whole year is not up to that amount. That's what a church is spending in just a single project.
But iam sure if it's the Government building this... not less than N300 billion will be earmarked for this project... If at all its eventually completed.
FG would say it's close to 1.2 Trillion naira...
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Angelmichael63:
my brother hate church or not na your concern

nothing will stop church from growing
once u start fighting church u just begin your journey of no return

You calling what all these men are doing church? Please do not insult what will come and plague you later.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by semyman: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.
See mumu
Which souls is he saving abi it's to line up his pocket by extorting the gullibles.

Remain being mugun for life
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2021
Anakazo22:

I won't say much, face your front and leave our Jesus alone,and if you are a Muslim go and focus on your Mohammed and Allah Akbar

LoL! Because you don't want Muslims to be the ones to build the empire? LMFAO!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by viyon02: 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2021
Nice business just imagine every one present donate #1000 and then multiply it by 100000 just matter of months he will get the money back.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Gr8Nez(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Na wah oh.... Can't he do something beneficial for the members instead of building this contraption.
150 billion can change the life of a lot of people in many ways or look around for one of the project that our wicked leaders have refused to do and do it.
Before you quote me remember that this is what Jesus would have wanted.
try make you dey work always looking for free money he work for he money nin make am wan use am serve God and besides winners get welfare package for e members worldwide
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Powersurge: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
DUNKA:
Vanity upon vanity. All is vanity. Too bad

To slap you dey hungry me.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by JustAvo: 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
jclassiq:

And so what? Does it necessarily have to be so elaborate What are they putting inside it that will bring people closer to God? Is it about structures How many people sef do find their way to that place on a regular Sunday?

We need to examine our intents and actions really. God is not mocked.

Most of you speak ignorantly yet make it look as though you know what you are talking about.

For your info., Faith tabernacle holds at least 4 services every Sunday inspite of the 50k sanctuary and overflows running to 10s of thousands. Technically, even the 100k sanctuary won't be enough by the time they are through building it. So, where is the excesses here? And if people don't go to church on Sundays, who and who de fill each of the services on Sundays?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Maximus85(m): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/04/14/oyedepos-100000-seater-auditorium-the-ark-to-gulp-n160bn/

And heaven is real ooo. Instead of using this money to change the lives of others he wants to use it to errect a monument to collect more and more from the poor.

After building this business centre, what if the trumpet sounds? What becomes of the building?
Waste of time and money.

There's no wisdom in spending N160billion on a mere building that won't add any financial value to lives.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Ever8090: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
picklighthouse:

Don't generalise. What makes you think the Lord Jesus doesn't want this built?

Nigerians often misdirect thier criticism. A Church has two Universities, (Covenant University, and Landmark University), Faith Academy and over 150 Kingdom Heritage Model Schools with none substandard in anyway. Yet they are the target of our criticisms? The Nigerian government that controls our state and national budgets, how have they faired in education?

People working in these institutions are not Congolese they are Nigerians. Imagine the families catered for, lives and living standards enhanced. But for the Church in this Country only God knows where the nation would have been when checking some indices.

Do you know the number of people that fly into the country annually for some of the Churches congresses and programmes? And how that affects aviation, hospitality, commerce, transportation and so on?

I can't wait to see that beautiful edifice completed. And I hope to visit the site one day too. By the way, that structure you see is designed by a Nigerian not a German or Chinese. Another proof these people seems to even believe in Nigeria than our often tongue in cheek government. Who would rather use BMW or Lexus cars than a home built Innosson.
you forget to add that, those schools are not accessible to the poor members of the congregation due to high cost..even though it was built from their tithes and offerings
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Kazim88: 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

As a Christian I have no problem with building 1 Trillion Dollars building for God

How about financial welfare for people with legitimate needs like ministers, pastors, mothers, widows, orphans

It didn't take ten years to make 160 Billion.

What charitable acts of up to 1 Billion annually was done for these people in the past ten years

I have close allies there plenty o.

Please answer the questions

First, I am a core capitalist. I strongly believe welfare handout does not help the receiver, infact it is detrimental.

It is written in all spiritual book to work hard and earn a living and reinvest.

What we should be talking about is early childhood and primary education.

The elderly should be supported consistently, children educated, factory built and youth engaged.

But it's all our responsibility collectively, If Bishop Oyedepo choose to build University or 100,000 capacity church, perfect.. business around Ota would be celebrating by now because of the tourism it would attract.
Companies that would supply the steel, gravel, labour and other building and finishing materials are already made

I can choose to build a factory and employ 100 youths.

You can choose to build low cost school, wow.

Sadly, most people crying that they are spending 160 billion naira, let them have 100 million naira... They would squander it on cars and women untill till it turn zero.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Oluwademilade: 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
And The National Assembly that does not sit up to 1,000 people is gulping N44billion for renovation
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by MummyD2020(f): 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Money no dey, money no dey, some people are seriously building mansions here on earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven / TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.