Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion (54532 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures) / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by rajiedreez: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Is there something wrong in religious organizations going into production business and not only schools and event centres
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jaxxy(m): 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

Even in Heaven, there's a council though subject to God and in singular will with Father, and they discuss. Why are people cautious about ditching on faith. Normally there should be a board of trustee that determines ABC and carry the Church and the people along together singularly.

I’m sure churches have boards bt how it is run leaves much to be desired. It is not well organized and inline with scriptures.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CodeTemplar: 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! Who is saying anything about entitlement? Empowering people is way better than paying them a salary. And those contractors or suppliers will not pay their workers what a million naira empowerment will. I repeat 160,000 people empowered will surpass anything those contractors and suppliers will gain or distribute to their workers.
Tellghis trash to the govt. They are the ones in charge of forcefully obtained money from you. The contributors are cool with its use and that makes it a perfectly voluntary and private contribution. Let gov too start empowering people instead of adding more lanes to roads and building schools.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Wiseonetemmy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Abeg make I hear word, this is the line that there use to continuously enslave religious fanatics like you.....
Isn't there enough churches already in nigeria?
The simple truth is that He's building a church that will attract more members who will pay more tithes and bring in more money for him.

You have spoken the truth, if they like let them hear, if they don't, it's their money they put there not yours so leave them alone.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by MATEX30: 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by merits(m): 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Na wah oh.... Can't he do something beneficial for the members instead of building this contraption.
150 billion can change the life of a lot of people in many ways or look around for one of the project that our wicked leaders have refused to do and do it.
Before you quote me remember that this is what Jesus would have wanted.
Wasting of resources.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by PHijo(m): 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Na wah oh.... Can't he do something beneficial for the members instead of building this contraption.
150 billion can change the life of a lot of people in many ways or look around for one of the project that our wicked leaders have refused to do and do it.

He is doing a LOT for members!

Only the knowledge people through him is enough. In coming years many of the members will see state allocation as chicken change. That is the realm we operate in as believers. Those who fail to understand will fail to operate in that realm.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Anakazo22: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah your god directed him to build a N160billion ediface that y'all will abandon when Jesus comes. Right. LoL!
Why is it that people like you who don't give a dime in church project are the ones always complaining when churches are executing project,the people who are giving don't complain.
Did oyedepo eat your money or how many winners members are complaining or crying to you that they are eating their money,the church is taking over and you can't do anything or stop the work of God,so you and your kind should keep crying when the project is completed you can still come and cry.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by spyglaxx: 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
Jirehz:

If you give 10000 youths 1mil( make e be their members sef), you would have saved those souls forever.

Waste of money for me.

You and i know that is a lie.They will use the money to oppress people around, do ponzi, betnaija, buy phone, and squander the rest on moet and girls.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by EndBuhariNow(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
There are some members in that church that don't have upto 20k in their accounts
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jaxxy(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

When the daughters of a branch of Joseph's lineage had issues with finances... Wasn't it taken up to Moses.. When Moses couldn't solve it, didn't He take it up to God.

I'm still putting my foot on the ground. If we don't have 5% medical welfare annually 5% academic welfare annually, 5% direct needs welfare annually. With disclosure and open access to gain application without knowing any party, then our systems needs the Light of salvation to put us right.

Well the church isn’t responsible for all our needs when we have a government in place bt they should be sensible and sensitive to the members and society at large.

Missionaries that came and open free skols that educated many cud have chilled at home and drank wine or not bother about a thing. Now the world is global what is the church doing for people for free, what are they giving back beyond words and stories and prayers?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Tellghis trash to the govt. They are the ones in charge of forcefully obtained money from you. The contributors are cool with its use and that makes it a perfectly voluntary and private contribution. Let gov too start empowering people instead of adding more lanes to roads and building schools.

I know you are perfectly fine with building an empire for your soon coming Jesus that doesn't need a N160billion edifice since he has a palace in the sky. And this Jesus will also reward you with a mansion in the sky too, just give your money to the pastor. LMFAO!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jclassiq(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.

And so what? Does it necessarily have to be so elaborate What are they putting inside it that will bring people closer to God? Is it about structures How many people sef do find their way to that place on a regular Sunday?

We need to examine our intents and actions really. God is not mocked.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by lexy2014: 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
Venlony:

Nothing is too small for the gospel and no amount will ever be too much for the work of the Lord on Earth. In years to come bigger projects than this shall be embarked on by the church of Christ,so save your critism for the future.

No one is saying d money is too small or big. U don't need a 160b naira building b4 u can save souls. It's not a criticism. It's a fact& d truth. D Bible is there for u to verify how Jesus & d apostles did it
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Akshow: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
globalresource:

What do u expect a religious leader to build? Federal and state roads?

If our politicians are doing what this pastors are doing. Nigeria will be great. Have u been to cannaan land before?

You think its only the government of a country that should build factories and industries?

Have u thought of how many people will be employed if the 160 billion about to be wasted (.....yes its a waste) is used to build an industry?

A church that already has the largest auditorium, what more building does it require to the point of wasting 160 billion.

You think China, Japan, Switzerland etc. got to their enviable height by building religious house all over their country?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
Anakazo22:

Why is it that people like you who don't give a dime in church project are the ones always complaining when churches are executing project,the people who are giving don't complain.
Did oyedepo eat your money or how many winners members are complaining or crying to you that they are eating their money,the church is taking over and you can't do anything or stop the work of God,so you and your kind should keep crying when the project is completed you can still come and cry.

LMFAO! Sure the church is building an empire that your Jesus said he doesn't need. I hear. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by iramure(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
Africa is finished!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by sweetgala(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

When the church ventured out of rome and England to save souls through the ages, they built schools and hospitals and modest cathedrals, this is vanity.

God is not man to be mocked , the church is not an edifice the church is in the heart of the believer , in his conduct and his utterances.

Everywhere the believer goes preaching the gospel verbally and also in his/her character there you'll find the church.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Anakazo22: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! Sure the church is building an empire that your Jesus said he doesn't need. I hear. Bwahahahahaha!
I won't say much, face your front and leave our Jesus alone,and if you are a Muslim go and focus on your Mohammed and Allah Akbar
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Lamasta(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
One thing I know and is certain is that the gate of hell shall not prevail
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Well the church isn’t responsible for all our needs when we have a government in place bt they should be sensible and sensitive to the members and society at large.

Missionaries that came and open free skols that educated many cud have chilled at home and drank wine or not bother about a thing. Now the world is global what is the church doing for people for free, what are they giving back beyond words and stories and prayers?

The church of God has always been responsible for charitable needs to a good extent since the Church of Christ was formed

People don't need to bring money to qualify for such needs. How about the good will in faith. How about the bond of faith. How about the divine corporate blessings of God poured open the Church? If the needs of people are negligible and without concern to God, why did Much stress the need for availability of meat, which is financial resources in the House of God

Why did Paul pull the eyes of Timothy screaming the needs and welfare of the people throughout His ministry

Why did the Apostles in the acts of the Apostles stress the need of people during their ministry

Do you know some cell. Ministers don't have jobs besides ministry and do the work faithfully. Same with pastors. Music ministers etc.

Even if such persons don't qualify for regular salaries. Are there records to show these persons get occasional salaries? For welfare or have special welfare package for emergency needs being faithful stewards of service?

The church must wait for legislature to do the right thing. Can we create medical insurance package for our ministers not even members now so each is medically insured to the tune of 500k.

Do members and ministers die from treatable diseases?

Now, you have my full attention

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by neyohh: 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
sandra50:
Foo..l's..they think there is a room for them in heaven but no..their room in hell..you claim to be closer to God than anyone else but even those that are not pastors are doing way better than all of you..you are spending 160 billion building nonsense church..you are only doing competition..you are trying to oppress other churches..do you not see hunger in the land?why can't you share at least 2/2 million to every Nigerian from that money and keep the change.. worldly pastor.

Well those same hungry idiots donated the money.

Who is more foolish, the con artist pastor or the dullards who go to church for quick blessings.

It's a case of a scammer scamming other scammers grin
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by PAPAFEELERS: 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
Just imagine if this NGN 160 Billions is used in setting up factories/manufacturing then you can imagine the number of people that will be employed and the value chain it will create . Religion messed up the country, the europeans, asians,americans put religion in the background with respect to national life but the reverse is the case here
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Is the money oyedepo’s personal money? From where pls? Then we can say he can use it for whatever he likes bt even at that as a responsible pastor he claims to be what does it profit u to build a building in the sky when u have hungry believers and pastors in ur midst down on the ground?

Did Jesus allow his disciples to go hungry and homeless while he does what he likes because he can do what he likes? So who are u following really?

U better know what Ure comparing. undecided

The members can not be as poor as you make it and raise 160b without offering or launching... It is the biggest contradiction for poor people to raise such a homongous amount without a second collection in any form.

As for Jesus disciple, not one of them was poor... Not one.. How did I know this?

"24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?" (KJPCE+, Mat 19:24-25)

They didn't begin to rejoice... They were disturbed because they were tax collector, Fisher men with their own fish trailers... Not men looking for the next meal ticket from MOG

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by yungkc(m): 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Guys please where is this building located at?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jclassiq(m): 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:
Wonderful! N160 billion for a place God does not dwell?

Acts 7 v 48-50;
48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:
49 “‘Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be?
50 Has not my hand made all these things?

Acts 17 v 24-25;
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.
25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else

Know the above scriptures and know peace. God did not call Jesus or the Apostles or anyone for that matter to build grand monuments under the guise of “house of God” or “Temple” or “Church”

Patiently waiting for brainwashed dogs and religious zealots (especially those ones wallowing in poverty and ignorance) to attack without any iota of understanding.

Thank you sir. You made my day already with this bible quotes. It resonates strongly with me cos I just read it last night. Thank you.

Its high time real children of God begin to really examine these their so called leaders and test them if they are really for God or just acting the part.

The bible said by their fruit you will know them. A man who dwell so much on materialism is questionable to me.

But I will leave the judgement for Christ the Chief Judge of all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by obonujoker(m): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.

Rubbish... Read your Bible to understand Jesus better
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by caleb2k(m): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
Is this what Jesus christ was doing while on earth? Instead of building a church worth 150 billion, stop poverty and make people smile, This will bring people closer to God. That was what Jesus was doing while on earth, making the poor to have a reason to live.
Have you asked yourself this questions, how many churches TV stations are free to Nigerians to watch? You much pay to watch them, so you my pay to be envanglized to. How many free schools are there for poor children to get educated? Jesus said anytime you feed the poor you feed me. Feeding dose not me food alone, things like shelter, clothings, education and so on. Can the building give this to the poor. Have you read a story of a pastor that dressed poor looking and he was stopped from going into church? Christianity now are days is all about money. May God help us all.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
jclassiq:

Thank you sir. You made my day already with this bible quotes. It resonates strongly with me cos I just read it last night. Thank you.

Its high time real children of God begin to really examine these their so called leaders and test them if they are really for God or just acting the part.

The bible said by their fruit you will know them. A man who dwell so much on materialism is questionable to me.

But I will leave the judgement for Christ the Chief Judge of all.

I have a strict attitude of evaluating any spiritual leader that wants my attention and don't just entertain anyone since I've been seeing serious greed, materialism and selfishness unrestrained

The church of God has always been responsible for charitable needs to a good extent since the Church of Christ was formed

People don't need to bring money to qualify for such needs. How about the good will in faith. How about the bond of faith. How about the divine corporate blessings of God poured open the Church? If the needs of people are negligible and without concern to God, why did Much stress the need for availability of meat, which is financial resources in the House of God

Why did Paul pull the eyes of Timothy screaming the needs and welfare of the people throughout His ministry

Why did the Apostles in the acts of the Apostles stress the need of people during their ministry

Do you know some cell. Ministers don't have jobs besides ministry and do the work faithfully. Same with pastors. Music ministers etc.

Even if such persons don't qualify for regular salaries. Are there records to show these persons get occasional salaries? For welfare or have special welfare package for emergency needs being faithful stewards of service?

The church must wait for legislature to do the right thing. Can we create medical insurance package for our ministers not even members now so each is medically insured to the tune of 500k.

Do members and ministers die from treatable diseases?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
BinamRex:

My brother, this is all shades of wrong. Let's call a spade a spade. Someone said we build churches instead of factories, and then go to church to beg God for jobs. If Christianity is the key to prosperity, countries like China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, The UAE etc won't be prosperous because they aren't Christians. Europeans have become nominal Christians, but they still flourish. I am not saying Christianity is bad. As a Christian, I feel tempted to say that Christianity is the best religion because it teaches mercy, faith, love, justice, peace and the need for hard work.

After all the Bible says: faith without work is dead. We can't keep building churches, instead of companies, and then go there to ask God to give us work in companies. It's the height of foolishness. It's about time we stopped being foolish.

Whenever I see poor members of Living Faith church, I feel like flogging them until they come to their senses. Nobody can brainwash me. Never!

You've said it all my brother.

This one pain me pass

Whenever I see poor members of Living Faith church, I feel like flogging them until they come to their senses.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by GoldHorse(m): 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2021
He won't make his money back...with the way things are going in the country. No be like before
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2021
Venlony:
you emphasize so much on" I" and you curse so easily,this shows you have a psychological issue. Please go and work on your self.

Continue with your pathological psychological emotional deflection. Do I have time to waste. I dare you to discuss issues logically

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.