Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (62564 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by UGBE634: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

But was it like that before Oranmiyan from Ilé Ife arrived? Were they ever called Binis?
Was the king title ever Ọmọ Noba?
Wasn't it Ogiso?
Do you get it at all Oronmiyan met Edo land and Edo people on ground and call the place and the people Ile ibinu, what happen to those chiefs that followed iginuwa to warri? who are they today? the answers to these questions should answer your question.

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Gbajure(m): 9:41am On Apr 17, 2021
TeraHawks:
I agree with your position on overturning the rule to let the son of a Yoruba woman take his rightful throne.

However, you realize the decision to overturn should have been agreed upon before this situation came up. It would not look good that the rules of a football game are changed during play to give a team an advantage. So, I would say the installation of the new Olu is held off until this all important meeting is held and the rule changed with the full agreement of all parties. Otherwise, the Olu designate is dropped for someone who meets all the rules. Fairness is very critical in matters like this.

Lastly, the Yoruba's are an offshoot of the Bini and not the other way round. You can do your research on this.

Yorubas can not be offshoot of Binis. But if you said Yoruba royalty are offshoot of Edos, no matter how contentious that may sound, let me agree.

Edo royalty are Yorubas, Yorubas royalty are Edos na the same thing. They both have something in common.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Daum: 9:43am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

Only those ignorant of history will said that Oranmiyan conquered Edo land. He was invited. And he left in frustration and anger with the Ogiamme antagonism. But he left his son Eweka for a good reason. And even tough the Ogiamme first refused to let Eweka ruled eventually he prevailed and become the arguably second Ona of Benin.

To digress a bit, don't u think the Ife people will know more about Oranmiyan, who was born and raised there, than anyone else?

Oranmiyan is not a son of Odùduwà but a grandson. Not by any chance a first born. But due to his warrior nature as Ifá revealed he was allowed to go with the Edions by Odùduwà. Who will trust his first born, the Adimula in waiting to travel that far with strangers?

Point of correction
Eweka never prevailed over the ogiamen. It was his great grandson Oba Ewedo who did. If you look at my post, I say Oromiyan had Yoruba blood in him via his mother. We will not talk about his paternal lineage because both of us agree Oduduwa was not from ife, he wasn't Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by candygist: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

What is the meaning of Ogiso? Find the meaning b4 starting posting rubbish about not believing in the sky mythology.

And Ooni visiting Benin b4 coronation? Maybe u meant to say Ọba of Bini!

Think about this first. Who changed the name of the people from Edo to Bini a Yoruba word and Ogiso to Ọba, another Yoruba word.

Who is supplying you weed ?

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Tareq1105: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2021
I see millions of dollars exchange hands here. If a Prince not born by a Bini or Itshekiri mother is not qualified then Prince Tsola is not qualified.

Money is making everyone to bend the rules.

Yes, Itshekiri, Bini, and Yoruba have historical link. They are brothers.

Don't forget that the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, was the holder of the highest title in Itshekiri Land. The records are there.

Remember also that Delta and Edo States were part of Old Western Region governed by late Chief Obafemi Awolowo as Premier in the 60s.

Juliusmalema:

I will never support evil and as such the article 4 is a useless one.....

Itshekiri are by extension Yorubas, So it makes no sense, I mean no sense how the son of a Yoruba woman won't become king.

The 1979 edict is a daylight robbery and shouldn't stand.

The Benin kingdom itself is a yoruboid kingdom ( Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor an Itshekiri man affirmed this)...

Prince Tsola should be crowned the Olu of Warri.

You cannot deny the real owners of the kingdom by extension their right to also rule their land.

The Article 4 should be burnt to ashes....It has outlived it's usefulness and reason it was created.

If some lies, revisionist are not nipped to the mud, they might end up extending the local government they want to control in their expansionist agenda upto Nine..

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Gbajure(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2021
UGBE634:
Do you get it all Oronmiyan met Edo land and Edo people on ground and call the place and the people Ile ibinu, what happen to those chiefs that followed iginuwa to warri? who are they today? the answers to this question should answer your question.

Respect!

That is, Binis Ifes and Itshekiris have a common royalty. And there is strength in unity! . Before and including Ọba Akenzua, that was the mantra.

3 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by iykololo(m): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Itshekiri are by extension Yorubas, So it makes no sense, I mean no sense how the son of a Yoruba woman won't become king.

The Benin kingdom itself is a yoruboid kingdom ( Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor an Itshekiri man affirmed this)...

You cannot deny the real owners of the kingdom by extension their right to also rule their land.

The Article 4 should be burnt to ashes....It has outlived it's usefulness and reason it was created.

If some lies, revisionist are not nipped to the mud, they might end up extending the local government they want to control in their expansionist agenda upto Nine..

Pains from a brown roofed nigga.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Fernandezaferna: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2021
Prechboy:
So na so itsekiri people take turn the title "olu of itsekiri" to olu of warri. As far as warri is concerned, there's nothing like olu of warri. It is olu of itsekiri. Let them keep deceiving themselves by adding warri to the title

Lol don't mind them. When they talk about Warri Kingdom I just laugh cos who nor know go think say them know wetin them dey talk lol. Olu of Itsekiri as far as indigenous people of warri are concerned. Maybe they are referring to Iwerre/Ode itsekiri which they fraudulently claimed to be a loose translation of Warri. The Warri town is what itsekiri people can never claim again citing the 90s. You cannot say Olu of Warri in the presence of an Ijaw or urhobo man. Outsiders learn

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Idadurun: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2021
Gamer999:
Whenever I hear warri, Benin or edo, what comes to mind is juju, ruggedity, yahoo and cultism grin

God bless Sony interactive entertainment ;God bless the United States ;God bless Nigeria ;God bless Kogi state; God bless the good people of Okene.
And whenever I hear Okene and Igbira. I see anger and ill-temper, envy, crisis, juju, fetish shrine, extremism, terrorism, fanatism, drug addict. They're always on Igala's throat. Kogi and Nasarrawa would have been peaceful without the trouble and juju infested Igbira people.

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by BluDesk: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You have a personal interest in this matter. You're not Itshekiri why cry so hard?

I normally never discuss in issues that I am not associated with tribally so as not to be accused. But, you are in the wrong.

If the Itshekiri called themselves full blown yorubas, and wanted the possibility of a king from the bloodline outside the Itshekiri and Benin Kingdom, why then didn't the founding father's make provision for such cases in the law guiding who becomes King.

Leave sentiments out of it and hold on to the reality of facts when discussing issues Jidenna

6 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2021
tempex88:

Is Benin not part of Oduduwa?
Lol..... imagination at it's peak

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2021
b4bola:

Even your oba of Benin can't refute that.
Edo people are from Ile Ife.
Lol...funny enough go and ask ur oni why u fulfilled the condition of getting an Edo bride before he could ascend the throne grin

4 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by BluDesk: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2021
scholes0:
Itsekiris and Yorubas are inseparable... We both have ifa, ogun and umalokun. Benins have some too but got it from us.

Besides, Itsekiris don't understand BINI Language...

Come in Itsekiri is WA... What is it in yours?
Cloth in Itsekiri is ASHO... what is it in yours?
Family is EBI while people is ARA... What is it in Bini?
Food is Oje, Soup is Obe, Fish is Eja, Water is Omi, Oil is Ekpo, Medicine/20/War/Talisman is Ogun, Dance is Jo.... I can go on forever.

Thank ORITSE for English and pidgin that Oyibos brought, Itsekiris would have been like Fish out of water in Benin city.... while they would blend in perfectly anywhere in Coastal Yorubaland.... Nigeria is the only place where some people will think they have the right to 'claim' others who don't even understand their language as if those ppl are a conquered or servile race, and yet everyone is busy complaining about Fulanis while doing the very same things and worse in their backyards..... No wonder the whole country is upside down.

Then why did your founding father's deliberately leave out the acceptance of a king with yoruba blood if your claim is accurate?

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by newdawnlive: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2021
ogbonti:

I read a piece recently which is floating online and I tend to agree with it

Yorubas are now claiming Itsekiris is part of the Yoruba nation just because they want Itsekiris oil in case Nigeria splits come 2023 grin

My question for yorubas claiming Itsekiri is

"WHERE WERE THE YORUBAS WHEN IJAWS AND URHOBOS WERE KILLING ITSEKIRIS BETWEEN 1993 to 1997?"

OPC never condemned the killings - Afenifere was quiet, the Ooni turned Itsekiri historian today was quiet then - na now day break ? abegi grin
what oil, who's talking about oil, must you rely your life to oil, when was oil discovered, is Nigeria not doing better when we haven't discovered the oil, let me tell you bro oil is no more profitable and in 5 to 10 years now the demand for oil will be drastically reduce. who's talking about oil when Tesla already take over wake up bro UK has no oil and is one of the top advance with robotics economy in the world, wake up from your slumber bro and stop fighting for already faded treasure. Yoruba don't need your rejected oil to be great.

3 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Can you understand itshekiri language? grin

I from Ondo state understands it perfectly
And?read the history up there and advice urself ur own otu big sha grin
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by BluDesk: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2021
ogbonti:
Captain Hosa Okunbor is the father of Prince Tsola's wife. That same greedy Captain Hosa who was so divisive in the last Gubernatorial election in Edo State, sending paid thugs to attack the convoy of Governor Obaseki and Wike and others on their way to the palace. I do not expect the Oba of Benin to tell Ayiri to do what is right. The Oba is a good friend of Captain Hosa and he will want the son -in-law of his close friend and confidante to become King in Warri as this current Oba was the Royal Father of the day when Prince Tsola Emiko Married Ivie Okunbor in 2014

Chief Ayiri should understand that The Oba of Benin can not impose anything on him because tradition is tradition. Laws have outlasted Obas in Benin and just like no other prince but the first son of a departed Oba of Benin can become King in Benin, likewise no son of an Olu whose mother is not an Itsekiri or a Bini woman can reign as King in Warri.

Chief Ayiri should never allow anyone to blackmail or force him to surrender the customs of the Itsekiri people as very powerful interest groups outside the Iwere Kingdom are doing everything possible to water down the selection process. For once, I am supporting Ayiri in this matter - ATABRATA, DO THE RIGHT THING and do not allow anyone to confuse or control you, whether Oba or no Oba - Ooni or Alaafin, just do the right thing!!!!

AYIRI should follow what Obaseki did in the last election in Edo State. When the Oba of Benin invited Obaseki and Ize-Iyamu to his palace, the Oba was almost telling Obaseki to chill and allow Ize-Iyamu become Governor and he took swipe at the Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu, trying to intimidate him. - Obaseki stood his ground and told the Oba, "I swore an oath to protect the people of Edo State and that is what I will do"

The Oba's body language was tilted in support of Ize-Iyamu and we all saw it but today Obaseki prevailed and the Oba has no choice but become friends with Obaseki again - So Ayiri, as long as you are doing the right thing, learn from Obaseki, never back down!!!!!

Thank you

Now I'm hearing facts from a person that has superior knowledge that I can humbly take away lots of quality information from. Not all these paid thugs up and down.

The law is the law of any land. I'm not an Itshekiri and I shy away from being involved in tribal matters that I don't belong to. Even the tribe I belong to, I try as much to not discuss issues. But this one seems to be causing so much ruckus.

People don't seem to understand the stance Ayiri is maintaining. I've never agreed with Ayiri on anything in life but I think I see his point of view and understand his position clearly after hearing from him.

I believe the morale of the story is simple. If foreign elements take ownership of the throne, most decisions will have " foreign " interests at heart or mixed interests which will not ultimately be the best interest of the tribe at heart. In such cases every community must protects it's best interests by placing it in the hands of people who can manage its best interest, hence the choice of Benin or Itshekiri mother. I believe Ayiri has a legitimate case.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Fernandezaferna: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

Cleary you don't get the facts at all. At the height of the Ijaws killing, the Ogiame then, father of the Olú designate sent emissary to Ife, covertly of course, and Yorubas responded. That intervention stopped the genocide. OPC were on ground in Warri and even took the war to Ijaws in Ajegunle and Ondo State. Pls ask those that knew.

Lol. Igbo smoker, you must be out of your mind lol. Ask Itsekiri people where is their ancestral staff of office. The war ended after the incident that occurred at Ode Itsekiri (the only undisputed itsekiri land and their ancestral home). Funny how you're saying genocide when it was Itsekiri that attacked first and started killing Ijaws. Stop talking thrash you have no clue of what you're saying. The same Itsekiri led by one of their prominent Chief that attacked Chief Clark's compound and burnt it with hopes of killing him are the ones claiming genocide. On a good day, this Olu of Warri title will be visited God willing. I blame Okumagba for giving out lands to the Itsekiri people and more so the Ijaws whom are the traditional owners of all lands in Warri GRA for being so ignorant. Where una staff of office? On a personal level Tsola is a nice person, gradually the bad eggs in the Itsekiri nation are beginning to loose their stronghold in the Itsekiri nation and these unnecessary provocations of other tribes who lived in Warri town (not Ode Itsekiri) before Itsekiri (coming to Warri town just recently) will end

Ale je fun
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Gbajure(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2021
Daum:

Point of correction
Eweka never prevailed over the ogiamen. It was his great grandson Oba Ewedo who did. If you look at my post, I say Oromiyan had Yoruba blood in him via his mother. We will not talk about his paternal lineage because both of us agree Oduduwa was not from ife, he wasn't Yoruba.

But if Odùduwà is not Yoruba how can Eweka or Oranmiyan has Yoruba blood?

On the Odùduwà history, it is a big shame that most Yorubas don't even know the true story or endeavor to. When Yorubas say Odùduwà descended from the heaven, they don't believe it. Samething with Igodomigodo story. These are called myths. But the same people believe that Elijah rode a craft to heaven and that Jesus ascended to heaven.

Only the Ife people can authoritatively tell the story, and then only the Aworo Odùduwà, those are the descendants of Odùduwà in Ile Ife.

In Yoruba mythology, it is believe that everything is in doubles, call it duality of existence. For example some people think that Sango, the son of Oranmiyan is the same Sango that is a diety. Not at all. How can Sango a contemporary of Ogun, Obatala etc be the same as Sango the son of oranmiyan and a Nupe mother?.

Sango the diety is better known as Oranfe onílé Ina in Ife. The same way Obaluaye is called Sanpona outside Ife. But becos the later Sango show similar power of thunder controlling like Sango the Oranfe, he was given the name Sango.

The samething with Odùduwà. There is Odùduwà the contemporary of Agboniregun etc. He descended from heaven. The later Oduduwa migrated down from Nile area, some said Arabia. And for people saying he migrated from Edo land, tell them the Edo people were part of the massive migration down from the Nile area. S it is not true.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

What is the meaning of Ogiso? Find the meaning b4 starting posting rubbish about not believing in the sky mythology.

And Ooni visiting Benin b4 coronation? Maybe u meant to say Ọba of Bini!

Think about this first. Who changed the name of the people from Edo to Bini a Yoruba word and Ogiso to Ọba, another Yoruba word.
Lol grin grin grin funny thing is how u guys concede to lies as a way of life,ask urself why did ur oni fulfill the condition of getting an Edo bride before he can fully ascend the throne.And for ur info if u don't know kindly note ur oni visited before and after (the after condition was the bride entangled in the ritual fulfillment).And kindly note that Edo is not a yoruba word,tell us ur history other than someone came down from heaven grin grin
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

But if Odùduwà is not Yoruba how can Eweka or Oranmiyan has Yoruba blood?

On the Odùduwà history, it is a big shame that most Yorubas don't even know the true story or endeavor to. When Yorubas say Odùduwà descended from the heaven, they don't believe it. Samething with Igodomigodo story. These are called myths. But the same people believe that Elijah rode a craft to heaven and that Jesus ascended to heaven.

Only the Ife people can authoritatively tell the story, and then only the Aworo Odùduwà, those are the descendants of Odùduwà in Ile Ife.

In Yoruba mythology, it is believe that everything is in doubles, call it duality of existence. For example some people think that Sango, the son of Oranmiyan is the same Sango that is a diety. Not at all. How can Sango a contemporary of Ogun, Obatala etc be the same as Sano the son oranmiyan and a Nupe mother?.

Sango the diety is better known as Oranfe onílé Ina in Ife. The same way Obaluaye is called Sanpona outside Ife. But becos the later Sango show similar power of thunder controlling like Sango the Oranfe, he was given the name Sango.

The samething with Odùduwà. There is Odùduwà the contemporary of Agboniregun etc. He descended from heaven. The later Oduduwa migrated down from Nile area, some said Arabia. And for people saying he migrated from Edo land, tell them the Edo people were part of the massive migration down from the Nile area. S it is not true.
Gibberish,abeg why another person never come from heaven since then again? grin
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2021
scholes0:

The truth of the matter is that you are the one deceiving yourself here, not me.

Itsekiris don't understand BINI Language...

Come in Itsekiri is WA... What is it in yours?
Cloth in Itsekiri is Asho... what is it in yours?
Family is Ebi while people is ARA... What is it in Bini?

Thank ORITSE for English and pidgin that Oyibos brought, itsekiris would have been like Fish out of water in Benin city.... while they would blend in perfectly anywhere in Coastal Yorubaland.
And they don't trace their origin to u guys rather their history revolves around the benin's.Guy try dey think.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by UGBE634: 10:05am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

Respect!

That is, Binis Ifes and Itshekiris have a common royalty. And there is strength in unity! . Before and including Ọba Akenzua, that was the mantra.
Respect too I had wished to solve a riddle for you, you were confused about Benin and Edo. that was why I asked you that Edo chiefs that followed iginuwa to warri have since been submerged into the larger itsekiri group and now speak and live itsekiri. the truth is that precolonially there were migrations, here and there. Binis (edos ) migrating to agbor and other anioma areas are now part of the larger igboid groups today, Edo chiefs who migrated to warri with iginuwa to form itsekiri kingdom are itsekiris today, the same thing with chiefs who migrated with Oronmiyan have been submerged into the larger Edo family and are full Edos today. The Oba can no longer be considered a Yoruba after over 800 years of being in Benin. He is now by all standard an Edo man, he can't speak Yoruba except he learnt it in Lagos. No one can speak Yoruba directly from Benin city except they migrate to yoruba areas and learn. No group hundred percent did not receive other tribes. Benin is the same thing as edo,they are used interchangeably, an Edo man does not refer himself as a bini man except he is speaking English

7 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by breko(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2021
Fernandezaferna:

Lol don't mind them. When they talk about Warri Kingdom I just laugh cos who nor know go think say them know wetin them dey talk lol. Olu of Itsekiri as far as indigenous people of warri are concerned. Maybe they are referring to Iwerre/Ode itsekiri which they fraudulently claimed to be a loose translation of Warri. The Warri town is what itsekiri people can never claim again citing the 90s. You cannot say Olu of Warri in the presence of an Ijaw or urhobo man. Outsiders learn
oga all this one na long talk, Carry the whole of uhrobo and ijaw come my front
The name remains the olu of warri and nothing go happen
Leave all this your dry raking

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by BluDesk: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2021
ogbonti:

I read a piece recently which is floating online and I tend to agree with it

Yorubas are now claiming Itsekiris is part of the Yoruba nation just because they want Itsekiris oil in case Nigeria splits come 2023 grin

My question for yorubas claiming Itsekiri is

"WHERE WERE THE YORUBAS WHEN IJAWS AND URHOBOS WERE KILLING ITSEKIRIS BETWEEN 1993 to 1997?"

OPC never condemned the killings - Afenifere was quiet, the Ooni turned Itsekiri historian today was quiet then - na now day break ? abegi grin

That is true o. See history, how time flies. That's so so true. Where where they between 1993 and 1997.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Fernandezaferna: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2021
breko:
oga all this one na long talk, Carry the whole of uhrobo and ijaw come my front
The name remains the olu of warri and nothing go happen
Leave all this your dry raking

Typical Itsekiri man lol
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by breko(m): 10:12am On Apr 17, 2021
BluDesk:

You have a personal interest in this matter. You're not Itshekiri why cry so hard?

I normally never discuss in issues that I am not associated with tribally so as not to be accused. But, you are in the wrong.

If the Itshekiri called themselves full blown yorubas, and wanted the possibility of a king from the bloodline outside the Itshekiri and Benin Kingdom, why then didn't the founding father's make provision for such cases in the law guiding who becomes King.

Leave sentiments out of it and hold on to the reality of facts when discussing issues Jidenna
for God's sake it is spelled itsekiri' not itshekiri
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Gbajure(m): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2021
Daum:

It is the itsekiris that told the Portuguese that we are Binis... Oromiyan coming to Benin didn't make us become Benins. In fact we call Benin city Edo. A man in auchi will tell you he is traveling to Edo(benin). The urhobo man will call Benin (AKA)... The igbos would say it's idu.

So before Oromiyan came, the rulers of Edo were called Ogiso. After he came the title changed to what it is now. The title was given to Eweka by the Benin people.

Then we both have an undeniable strong link and relationship. The Ife people then are quite aware then to be refering to only the royal house people as Binis, just to keep alive the blood they share with them. While Edos rightly refer to themselves as Edos. But unfortunately it is impossible to separate those with Yoruba blood from the pure Edo people.

So Yorubas are now Edos and Edos are Yorubas. Unity in diversity.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by BluDesk: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2021
Gbajure:

Cleary you don't get the facts at all. At the height of the Ijaws killing, the Ogiame then, father of the Olú designate sent emissary to Ife, covertly of course, and Yorubas responded. That intervention stopped the genocide. OPC were on ground in Warri and even took the war to Ijaws in Ajegunle and Ondo State. Pls ask those that knew.

Oga. I was on ground. OPC on ground in Warri. Don't start a war you won't like how it will turn out.
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by breko(m): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2021
Fernandezaferna:

Typical Itsekiri man lol
typical uhrobo man wey nor wan remove mouth for itsekiri'matter
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by BluDesk: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2021
breko:
for God's sake it is spelled itsekiri' not itshekiri

I know. Auto correct. I'm busy with work. Forgive me
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Fernandezaferna: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2021
breko:
typical uhrobo man wey nor wan remove mouth for itsekiri'matter

Lol I'm not urhobo pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

Funny Pidgin Proverbs / In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.