Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" (25395 Views)

Lady Holds A Funeral-Theme 30th Birthday Party Inside Casket (Photos) / Kenyan Gravediggers Boycott Food At Funeral, Carry Casket To Alcohol Bar (Photo) / Do Not Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by foreshore(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

my purpose of going is to honour the invitation, the money i spent for tfare will be enuf for me to prepare wheat with okro soup with kpomo.but i was exhausted and looking like hungry lion.

Lol, you are a clown.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by bobestman(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
soundOsonic:

Still you don't know how to maintain a conversation without sounding stupid.
We are talking about celebration of a life spent (burial ceremony) you are talking about mortuary. How does this relate?
Let me help you son.
1. Think everywhere in the world in ancient times bury, burn, or mummify their dead immediately an individual is confirmed dead. There was no mortuary technology then. It is of recent early 19s there was a development in mortuary technology.
2. White people don't party they only mourn at the grave site and very few stay behind to drink and have a few talk about deceased.
3. Africans are commonly known to celebrate their dead. After burial a week or even months, some years celebrate their dead it is called (second burial) you should be familiar with this nau. It is only Africans that use the term.
4. if you indeed read history of Nigerian kings then, you will notice the awkward celebration that occurs when celebrating. Some traditions will go on and bury people with the king, some will slaughter animals and would be shared among the elders. If this practice isn't Africa then what.

You still a kid. Better prepare for school on Monday. Your sentence arrangements suggest you are highest 16 years old. Don't quote me.

I hate ppl who are so full of themselves. Cos of the little they know they will start parading themselves as teachers and then insulting ppl for what they don't know the origin. So if all are doing it that way now does it mean that it is how it began? I don't need to go deep on this cos you are full of insult and will never agree if I even tell you the truth. Let it be the way you understand it Mr insult and Oversabi
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by skj1377(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
Eat at home or eatery before you go for any ceremony. you need to concentrate at the event and not think of food. If your served fine if your not served fine. if your important enough to the person you will be served even if you come naked. please the N2,000 cash gift your talking about is it this year or 10 years ago.
officialmario:
I was invited for a burial ceremony at Omuo Ekiti, initially, i had wanted to buy aso ebi but i was not having much with, i attended the wake keeping on thursday and friday was the burial ceremony, unknown to me that the man that invited me has warned the women serving food and drinks not to give those witout aso ebi.
i requested for two pounded yam but nobody attended to me, i later requested for one pounded but they jush shun me, it was later one of the woman inform me that the instruction was nt to give those witout aso ebi food.
What a mess!
so i had just wasted my time and transport fare to this ceremony, my plan was to give the man 2k but i left the party in annoyance without informing him...
ordinary bottle drinks or bottle water i was'nt given.the man has been calling me since yesterday but i refuse to pick his calls.
Have you ever experience this kind of situation before?
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
skj1377:
Eat at home or eatery before you go for any ceremony. you need to concentrate at the event and not think of food. If your served fine if your not served fine. if your important enough to the person you will be served even if you come naked. please the N2,000 cash gift your talking about is it this year or 10 years ago.
YESTERDAY
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
foreshore:

Lol, you are a clown.
no time
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by bobestman(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2021
soundOsonic:

Still you don't know how to maintain a conversation without sounding stupid.
We are talking about celebration of a life spent (burial ceremony) you are talking about mortuary. How does this relate?
Let me help you son.
1. Think everywhere in the world in ancient times bury, burn, or mummify their dead immediately an individual is confirmed dead. There was no mortuary technology then. It is of recent early 19s there was a development in mortuary technology.
2. White people don't party they only mourn at the grave site and very few stay behind to drink and have a few talk about deceased.
3. Africans are commonly known to celebrate their dead. After burial a week or even months, some years celebrate their dead it is called (second burial) you should be familiar with this nau. It is only Africans that use the term.
4. if you indeed read history of Nigerian kings then, you will notice the awkward celebration that occurs when celebrating. Some traditions will go on and bury people with the king, some will slaughter animals and would be shared among the elders. If this practice isn't Africa then what.

You still a kid. Better prepare for school on Monday. Your sentence arrangements suggest you are highest 16 years old. Don't quote me.

Hello Mr Teacher and Oversabi thank you. All these thrash you wrote up there was not so from the begining. Everyone don't do it that way. Some don't even come in contact with the dead. After burial they mourn for the dead and atimes it takes 7 to 30days. In ancient Africa cosmology, people don't waste money on burials. They do the needful, mourn and let go. These days things had been turned many times. Africans do not put worry much about the dead because they believe they will soon return or reincarnate at the right time. You might be a professor or vast in English but you still don't know anything. Learn to respect people even if they know nothing. Don't be full of pride because one day, children will teach you. You are quoting me and want me to keep quiet.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Enn214(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
cheesy
officialmario:
I was invited for a burial ceremony at Omuo Ekiti, initially, i had wanted to buy aso ebi but i was not having much with, i attended the wake keeping on thursday and friday was the burial ceremony, unknown to me that the man that invited me has warned the women serving food and drinks not to give those witout aso ebi.
i requested for two pounded yam but nobody attended to me, i later requested for one pounded but they jush shun me, it was later one of the woman inform me that the instruction was nt to give those witout aso ebi food.
What a mess!
so i had just wasted my time and transport fare to this ceremony, my plan was to give the man 2k but i left the party in annoyance without informing him...
ordinary bottle drinks or bottle water i was'nt given.the man has been calling me since yesterday but i refuse to pick his calls.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Richthekid: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lol
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by DrObum(m): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Una no go kill person for here.

You even humbly cut your request from 2 semo to one wrap....

Very funny.

No dey go occasion expect food.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Onarabu: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
hahn:

Na only jollof rice you fit chop without Aso ebi. All those efo na for people wey wear aso ebi.

He no wear Ankara and he wan chop semo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by hahn(m): 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
Onarabu:

He no wear Ankara and he wan chop semo

Very proud individual tongue
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by yomi007k(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

why would i go to party just to snap phone, i must eat sha, even it is just a plate of rice and semo

Well for me it's the memory, the people and trips that I went for. It usually last longer than the food.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
I'm sure u don't remember who even died...u can't go mourn with ur friend but ur own na food u no see chop

Na waa...May all d souls of d faithful departed keep resting in peace.Amen
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Intoboy(m): 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
cchub:
no be me go burial na, why you come quote me? you smoke pawpaw ni

No vex i think say ena relate
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by johndho(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
mbok
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by jerry2cino(m): 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sorry oo bro, but next time make sure say you chop well well before embarking on any journey because I don't know watin dey for front by the way shy na because of food you go there or na to go assist your friend? You for dey with your guy make be your own dey special, for me oo,you Bleep for leaving without telling your guy. Please don't be offended if I said anything wrong but na my own opinion be that
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by DedeNkem: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
What a mess!

Aso ebi was more important to the fool than the sacrifices people made to grace his occasion. Don't associate yourself with such people!

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Hallabee1(m): 12:10am On Apr 18, 2021
Kriss216:
cool

You didn't buy aso ebi and you gallantly requested for "Two" pounded yam? You didn't even request for compassionate Fufu or Garri..

Sorry for your experience. Economy di bad. Every ceremony now is a business venture. All thanks to Buhari and APC!

Aje...this your mouth ehn.... but he asked for two, if no be eye wey dey watch am him go ask for ten. If him wear aso ebi, I swear na to carry the cooler go.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 6:07am On Apr 18, 2021
cchub:
no be me go burial na, why you come quote me? you smoke pawpaw ni
lol
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 6:09am On Apr 18, 2021
DedeNkem:

Aso ebi was more important to the fool than the sacrifices people made to grace his occasion. Don't associate yourself with such people!
tanks boss
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Ajimusty2: 7:54am On Apr 18, 2021
Intoboy:
. you wan go chop for burial?
you knw wetin kill the person wey die?
lols kuku kpami na
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Adeyinka12(m): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
officialmario:
I actually pick his call but his response was irritating, he said what are we using our own money to buy to the extent of not buying his ASO EBI..
So he actually gave the instruction..
Illiterate is a desease, look at his own reasoning.
That really sound stupiid of him, he should be happy that you even grace the occasion in the first instance, just forget it bro. please next do eat alot before going to all those kind ceremony. Konibaje
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
Adeyinka12:
That really sound stupiid of him, he should be happy that you even grace the occasion in the first instance, just forget it bro. please next do eat alot before going to all those kind ceremony. Konibaje
thanks baba... O baje ti.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by braunny(m): 6:12am On Apr 20, 2021
yomi007k:

You left the known for the unknown.

I don't party. Even if i will attend a function its to see the people/snap photos and then I dash out.
yes oh left certainty for uncertainty..... before u reach house make ur food don sour
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by braunny(m): 6:13am On Apr 20, 2021
LMS1:
Moral of the story:
Op is a long throat! grin

#say no to weed
it can open belle ehn...u go nearly chop ur enemy food sef
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by braunny(m): 6:14am On Apr 20, 2021
officialmario:
There are other guest witout aso ebi and they served them food, why is our own case difference?
ourso una many go there? thats compound ignominy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? / Akufo-Addo, Amaechi, KSA, RMD, Obanikoro At Ovation Red Carol / Wedding Reception Price In 1982 (see Receipt)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.