Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" (25396 Views)

Lady Holds A Funeral-Theme 30th Birthday Party Inside Casket (Photos) / Kenyan Gravediggers Boycott Food At Funeral, Carry Casket To Alcohol Bar (Photo) / Do Not Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by codedphyness(m): 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
that man is not a good friend
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by obstead200(m): 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

the most painful part of it is that i left my food at home, but i insisted on eating when i get to the party.
bros go and hustle.....to the extent that when u get to occasions, the celebrant will be waiting at the gate to greet u....he will detail his wife to stand behind you and attend to all your needs. He will chase away people just to make a seat for you.���.

Personally, I can remember the last time I graced an occasion (wedding, birthday or burial) and actually eat. I just come, ensure the inviter saw me, drop my token and then take my leave. Maximum time I spend is 1hr. Na dem go dey beg me to take a drink or wait to be served some food. I no get that time.
I find it ridiculous that people go to occasions and the most important thing to them is to eat and drink as much as possible.

Na poverty dey cause am abeg.

Most times, if u invite me, I will not even come. I just ask for your aza and credit ur account. Make I rest and put my time to more profitable use joor
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by 1F30M4(f): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
OP, before going for any event/function, please and please eat to your fill at home to avoid this kind of situation & embarrassment in future

As for your friend, he & his family members are the "chief organizers", they decide whatever & however the ceremony will be run.. It's only right to acknowledge and regard people for taking out time from their busy orr not-so busy lives to grace your event, gatecrasher or not even if na purewater haba.. In the end, my opinion(yours & others) wouldn't change anything sha so jejely eat at home before going anywhere.. Stop being petty and answer your calls, don't make it seem like you went to the burial ceremony just to eat some wraps of iyan ati obe egusi cheesy tell him you've been busy, ask him how the event went, thank God for successfully laying mama to rest, tease him that you came for mama's burial and didn't get even purewater na wa oo, o ma so fun e pe ko maa binu, iwo na maa binu shogbo? It shouldn't cause bad blood between you two, just laugh & get over it.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by foreshore(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
I was invited for a burial ceremony at Omuo Ekiti, initially, i had wanted to buy aso ebi but i was not having much with, i attended the wake keeping on thursday and friday was the burial ceremony, unknown to me that the man that invited me has warned the women serving food and drinks not to give those witout aso ebi.
i requested for two pounded yam but nobody attended to me, i later requested for one pounded but they jush shun me, it was later one of the woman inform me that the instruction was nt to give those witout aso ebi food.
What a mess!
so i had just wasted my time and transport fare to this ceremony, my plan was to give the man 2k but i left the party in annoyance without informing him...
ordinary bottle drinks or bottle water i was'nt given.the man has been calling me since yesterday but i refuse to pick his calls.
Have you ever experience this kind of situation before?

Shame no dey catch you sef. So the reason you went for a burial is for the purpose of food. You no get food for your house?
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by obstead200(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

7 wrap is not much nw,at least i will give him money.
oga use that money to enter restaurant and eat joor. Stop falling hand because of food
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Kingisibor: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
I was invited for a burial ceremony at Omuo Ekiti, initially, i had wanted to buy aso ebi but i was not having much with, i attended the wake keeping on thursday and friday was the burial ceremony, unknown to me that the man that invited me has warned the women serving food and drinks not to give those witout aso ebi.
i requested for two pounded yam but nobody attended to me, i later requested for one pounded but they jush shun me, it was later one of the woman inform me that the instruction was nt to give those witout aso ebi food.
What a mess!
so i had just wasted my time and transport fare to this ceremony, my plan was to give the man 2k but i left the party in annoyance without informing him...
ordinary bottle drinks or bottle water i was'nt given.the man has been calling me since yesterday but i refuse to pick his calls.

It seems like the dead man don't want to rest in peace....

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
yomi007k:

You left the known for the unknown.

I don't party. Even if i will attend a function its to see the people/snap photos and then I dash out.
why would i go to party just to snap phone, i must eat sha, even it is just a plate of rice and semo
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kingisibor:

It seems like the dead man don't want to rest in peace....
NA MAMA DIE..101 FOR THAT MATTER
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by hahn(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kriss216:
cool

You didn't buy aso ebi and you gallantly requested for "Two" pounded yam? You didn't even request for compassionate Fufu or Garri..

Sorry for your experience. Economy di bad. Every ceremony now is a business venture. All thanks to Buhari and APC!

Na only jollof rice you fit chop without Aso ebi. All those efo na for people wey wear aso ebi.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
foreshore:

Shame no dey catch you sef. So the reason you went for a burial is for the purpose of food. You no get food for your house?
my purpose of going is to honour the invitation, the money i spent for tfare will be enuf for me to prepare wheat with okro soup with kpomo.but i was exhausted and looking like hungry lion.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Privatepart00: 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
What a mess!

Your own experience is even better.
Imagine how I felt when the people sharing the food are my cousins in a burial I attended January 2021.
Food was given to those behind me and those in front of me .
More than once they were told to bring food towards the line I sat . I waited nothing came .
The little boy living with us already had a changed face .
Everyone was eating except myself and two other people.
On my way leaving the place, an uncle whom we followed for the burial , asked if I have eaten I said no. He now asked I come and stay in front to be served.
Had to tell him I had stomach upset.
I went to the car park to make call
It was better for me instead of waiting in anguish .
For those asking why go burial and expect food.
Same way childbirth is celebrated is same way burial is celebrated.
The burial OP went for is celebration of life .

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
obstead200:
oga use that money to enter restaurant and eat joor. Stop falling hand because of food
you dnt understand me, i went not because of food, but just to honour him.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Yea
2k for seven raps grin
OP can not enter hell in peace aswear grin
how many is now 7wrap?
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nigerians....he ordered two pounded yam....they didn't serve him then he called them again to renegotiate for just one pounded yam grin....they still shun him

You should have asked them to give you half pounded yam and pure water since you NO BUY ASOEBI
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
LMS1:
Moral of the story: Op is a long throat! grin

#say no to weed
Does weed make one to eat much food?
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Nigerians....he ordered two pounded yam....they didn't serve him then he called them again to renegotiate for just one pounded yam grin....they still shun him

You should have asked them to give you half pounded yam and pure water since you NO BUY ASOEBI
Do you now think half pounded yam wil reach me, even if they give me one, i will still order for jollof rice.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by officialmario(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
I actually pick his call but his response was irritating, he said what are we using our own money to buy to the extent of not buying his ASO EBI..
So he actually gave the instruction..
Illiterate is a desease, look at his own reasoning.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by seyz91(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
Omo This Thread Funny die cheesy

cheesy cheesy
officialmario:
What a mess!
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by greensandy: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2021
yomi007k:
grin

Lol...

You transport fare would have bought the food.

You just stressed yourself to get insulted. Pele bro.

I pity him. He was humiliated. Eran ki la je ri?
It takes love for someone to grace another one's party.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Oshiogwemoh(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
u no buy Ankara and you wan chop semo
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Joydan95: 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
What a mess!
No be new thing. During my wedding, I didn’t sell any aso ebi just color of the day. People ate and ate till they were tired...I even heard some people carried crates of malt home and our budget was for 200 guest, There were different kind of food though so I guess it doubled the amount of guest. The week after my wedding, I attended my friend’s wedding and found that there were looking at faces before sharing food (I bought the aso ebi but I wasn’t interested in sewing) . Na so I find my find my friend,gave her the envelope of money and left the place....almost half of the guest didn’t eat.
I have come to understand that some occasions are like money doubling schemes so I don’t attend.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Intoboy:
. you wan go chop for burial?
you knw wetin kill the person wey die?
no be me go burial na, why you come quote me? you smoke pawpaw ni
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by quickly: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
What a mess!

It’s only Nigeria ppl go to your funeral for food and not to sympathize with the family.

Some they even plan to get drunk. Beer done finish?
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by soundOsonic: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
bobestman:
We Africans fell when we follow white men traditions. Person die and una they go eat and flex meaning say una dey happy say the person die. That's wickedness!
White men don't celebrate or throw parties when people die. This is African tradition.
People are not celebrating the death of an individual, what they are celebrating is a life well spent. Obviously you don't know this because you don't usually go out or you are in your early teens.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by yusufmurry: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Next time, when you attend occasions. Dont rely on what they serve there.

Eat very well when going. Your presence matters.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by donMIG(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
How u go go eat for funeral
Hungry ppl
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by bobestman(m): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
soundOsonic:

White men don't celebrate or throw parties when people die. This is African tradition.
People are not celebrating the death of an individual, what they are celebrating is a life well spent. Obviously you don't know this because you don't usually go out or you are in your early teens.

And who told you that. You just want teach what you don't know. In ancient times in Africa, when ppl die, they bury them immediately like Muslims do. They don't even put them in mortuary. Go and research that. You are the kid here
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
I actually pick his call but his response was irritating, he said what are we using our own money to buy to the extent of not buying his ASO EBI..
So he actually gave the instruction..
Illiterate is a desease, look at his own reasoning.

grin grin grin savage......I like that your friend
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by soundOsonic: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
bobestman:

And who told you that. You just want teach what you don't know. In ancient times in Africa, when ppl die, they bury them immediately like Muslims do. They don't even put them in mortuary. Go and research that. You are the kid here

Still you don't know how to maintain a conversation without sounding stupid.
We are talking about celebration of a life spent (burial ceremony) you are talking about mortuary. How does this relate?
Let me help you son.
1. Think everywhere in the world in ancient times bury, burn, or mummify their dead immediately an individual is confirmed dead. There was no mortuary technology then. It is of recent early 19s there was a development in mortuary technology.
2. White people don't party they only mourn at the grave site and very few stay behind to drink and have a few talk about deceased.
3. Africans are commonly known to celebrate their dead. After burial a week or even months, some years celebrate their dead it is called (second burial) you should be familiar with this nau. It is only Africans that use the term.
4. if you indeed read history of Nigerian kings then, you will notice the awkward celebration that occurs when celebrating. Some traditions will go on and bury people with the king, some will slaughter animals and would be shared among the elders. If this practice isn't Africa then what.

You still a kid. Better prepare for school on Monday. Your sentence arrangements suggest you are highest 16 years old. Don't quote me.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by SavageResponse(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
The fact that people risked their lives to travel to attend your event should count for something, why penalise them for now wearing the Aso-ebi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? / Akufo-Addo, Amaechi, KSA, RMD, Obanikoro At Ovation Red Carol / Professional Certification For Event Planners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.