Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" (25378 Views)

Lady Holds A Funeral-Theme 30th Birthday Party Inside Casket (Photos) / Kenyan Gravediggers Boycott Food At Funeral, Carry Casket To Alcohol Bar (Photo) / Do Not Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:03am On Apr 17, 2021
Am sure he was with Dangote Calculator and a judgement book when he was receiving people's money for condolence.....

Nonsense and Buharia government

2 Likes

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by adeskee(m): 11:03am On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:
Stay away from that man.
He doesn't know what's important and what isn't.
And has no value for people and their personal sacrifice .
He's a waste of time !
You've said it all

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Godblessbiafraa: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
I was invited for a burial ceremony at Omuo Ekiti, initially, i had wanted to buy aso ebi but i was not having much with, i attended the wake keeping on thursday and friday was the burial ceremony, unknown to me that the man that invited me has warned the women serving food and drinks not to give those witout aso ebi.
i requested for two pounded yam but nobody attended to me, i later requested for one pounded but they jush shun me, it was later one of the woman inform me that the instruction was nt to give those witout aso ebi food.
What a mess!
so i had just wasted my time and transport fare to this ceremony, my plan was to give the man 2k but i left the party in annoyance without informing him...
ordinary bottle drinks or bottle water i was'nt given.the man has been calling me since yesterday but i refuse to pick his calls.
Have you ever experience this kind of situation before?

Op please avoid that your friend

He is evil

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Duplexxx: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2021
Nigeria don change

Anaerobi:

lol... I de tell you....

him fit go with gas cooker and pot... make him cook there too. grin

lol... I de tell you....

him fit go with gas cooker and pot... make him cook there too.
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by samwillyco1(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2021
Thank GOD the 2k is still with you, otherwise it could have been loss upon loss grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Solkem: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2021
It's pity Sha is bad to say don't give food to those without ashebi.but to you who was angry I blame you because why will you leave food in your house and go and rely on food giving in an occasion?if the occasion no de that day you no go eat?for personally I eat before I go to any occasion to avoid all this kind of thing unless if I don't have food to eat that day at home

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by konkonbilo(m): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:

What's ege dun? grin grin grin
starched well

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Omoluabi16(m): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2021
advanceDNA:

U are just blowing grammar

.....someone did not wear ànkàrà...and he wants to eat... u are now talking about dignity...
those serving food looked at him like a gate crasher..to make matters worse..he wore guinea to a Southwest òwànbe..he broke the first ówàmbè rule.....is he an àbòkí/ malam
lol. I see the funny side of this, but what I'm saying is that there are people who will buy your aso-ebi and just dump the material somewhere. Not everybody believes in sewing cloth up and down. The idea of wearing aso-ebi just to qualify for a plate of food and bucket is funny to me. Gate crasher or not, everyone there looking respectable should be served.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by BarrElChapo(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

the most painful part of it is that i left my food at home, but i insisted on eating when i get to the party.

You are lying bro.. this never happened
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by micheal933(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2021
lolz
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Goldenklassy: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2021
No matter the distance,i eat well before leaving my house..even as an mc..depending on party food is another frustration.what Happened to me last friday is dumbest than this.the host don call tire,anyway,its another lesson sha

4 Likes

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Tookool(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2021
Maybe patronage on the Aso ebi was too too low ...

2 Likes

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Burgerlomo: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2021
LMS1:
Moral of the story:
Op is a long throat! grin

#say no to weed

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by adonaimart(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2021
Before when you are invited to a party, you come bearing gifts, now nothing for you...

They will chop and tell you, "una try gan, we had a great time"" worse worse, de will not even comman spray u sef when dancing starts...

Aso ebi is partly used in financing the party...
Parties aren't thrown for profit but the expectation is that you come bearing gifts no matter how small.
The man's case is sad.

However, u throw a party because you are celebrating something great but people are losing morals.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Bbbwings: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2021
Kriss216:
cool

You didn't buy aso ebi and you gallantly requested for "Two" pounded yam? You didn't even request for compassionate Fufu or Garri..

Sorry for your experience. Economy di bad. Every ceremony now is a business venture. All thanks to Buhari and APC!
grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by lanre9ja(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2021
my suggestion u should have called him immediately u notice the party is restrictly on aso ebi... I believe he did that for a reason....... pick his calls and talk like a man

3 Likes

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by bobestman(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2021
We Africans fell when we follow white men traditions. Person die and una they go eat and flex meaning say una dey happy say the person die. That's wickedness!
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by OlawaleBammie: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

the pounded yam is nt that big, i can finish 7 wrap of it.

Ahahahahahah grin

OP longthroatfulness wee not kee u oooo grin
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by OlawaleBammie: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

7 wrap is not much nw,at least i will give him money.
Yea
2k for seven raps grin
OP can not enter hell in peace aswear grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:
Stay away from that man.

He doesn't know what's important and what isn't.

And has no value for people and their personal sacrifice .

He's a waste of time !

I'm telling you
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by charlesucheh(m): 11:29am On Apr 17, 2021
If he truly gave that instruction, then hmmmmm
make I no just swear for am....
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Mairice125: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2021
Some persons are just too Petty
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Tomisin666(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Justkatty:
Chaiii
Some people no get joy����
God wey slice yash to two self no get joy grin
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by AmgMakanaki(m): 11:34am On Apr 17, 2021
Pick the call and clear off your mind to him than die in silent wink
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by OlawaleBammie: 11:38am On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:

What's ege dun? grin grin grin
Wen a cloth is starched in excess, to make it bony cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by cayorday89(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2021
Lewisdinho:
Aside helping my friends out be it on their wedding day or burial, i don't eat in any of those events. Very rare. If it's burial it's a no go area, if its a marriage ceremony just bottle water or can drink is ok.
It's your own way of life, and does not make others who do glutton or poor..

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Adeyinka12(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:

it was brown guinea i wore to the party, fully starched and ironed, ege dun.
lol..... Ege dun indeed !.
See let be frank with ourselves here, there are rules with Owanbe, as there is a popular saying "Owo Ankara, Oje semo" and as a matter of personal principle you should have eat before leaving home to the ceremony in case of scenario like this. call the man or picked the man call and express your views politely. Konibaje.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by femi4: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2021
officialmario:
I was invited for a burial ceremony at Omuo Ekiti, initially, i had wanted to buy aso ebi but i was not having much with, i attended the wake keeping on thursday and friday was the burial ceremony, unknown to me that the man that invited me has warned the women serving food and drinks not to give those witout aso ebi.
i requested for two pounded yam but nobody attended to me, i later requested for one pounded but they jush shun me, it was later one of the woman inform me that the instruction was nt to give those witout aso ebi food.
What a mess!
so i had just wasted my time and transport fare to this ceremony, my plan was to give the man 2k but i left the party in annoyance without informing him...
ordinary bottle drinks or bottle water i was'nt given.the man has been calling me since yesterday but i refuse to pick his calls.
Have you ever experience this kind of situation before?
I was invited to a wedding in VGC and wasn't served food yet others were taking second and third round. The hall for the reception was so small that I was sweating profusely.

The AC wasn't effective anymore and more guests were trying to gain entrance.
Thank God I ate before leaving my house, I left the venue in annoyance after letting the brides mother know that the servers dey look face before giving out food
Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by cayorday89(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2021
I hardly attend parties, and if I do it's mostly as an opportunity to meet those I have seen after a long time, and as such I eat before leaving home or at an eatery and it backfired one day, food surplus even the ones I have been craving for, nobody look face to serve you, nothing like bride or groom family both sides just do cross serving, na my padi just dey chow everything cos I was filled up from home already.. Whenever I look back I bless that day and the couple just gave birth this month.. God continue to bless your union K and D...

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by Streetgent: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2021
baralatie:

the reason for travelling miles,kilometres is to eat food at a burial?
No that doesn't seem the case. He clearly stated that he attended in support of the chief mourner(his friend) and deserves to be hosted. Of course someone could feel hungry at such an event and courtesy demands that he gets served. It makes absolutely no sense for him to not get food, which should be the basic thing provided.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" by FrankAkowe: 11:56am On Apr 17, 2021
Africans place a lot of priority on things that of little importance.

The idea of 'aso ebi' as colourful as it could be should not be taken with so much importance.

Not recognizing a guest because he is not wearing aso ebi' is outlandish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? / Akufo-Addo, Amaechi, KSA, RMD, Obanikoro At Ovation Red Carol / Professional Certification For Event Planners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.