Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon (36915 Views)

If You Were To Get Second Africa Citizenship, Which Country Will It Be? / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Your Opinions is welcome Good people of nairaland
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Nicoswit(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
Do both

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nicoswit:
Do both
My brother, dual citizenship neither recognized nor allowed in cameroon

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elonmuskfan: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elgorny:
do you have plans to travel abroad?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by LMS1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Op Before U Travel To Your Camaroun Here Are A Few Things You May Wish To Consider:

1: Voting Buhari Out Of Power First!

2: Learning To Speak Cuma Ti Ta Pe(french)

3: Learning How To Stop Screaming "Up Nepa"! While In Cameroun.

4: Learning How To Stop Hearing About ESN, Biafra, Tinubu, APC, Bandits, Chibok, Davido And Chioma Saga, Buhari In London, Prison Break, And Dangote Cement Price cheesy

Op If You Need More Tips Pls Send "MORE" To 2452,
Service Charge Is N750 Per Week grin

370 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
do you have plans to travel abroad?
yes oooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elonmuskfan: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elgorny:
yes oooo
if you intend to travel very soon and have secured your travel funds and can elope in 2021,2022,2023 then get your Cameroon passport.

It is easier to be granted American visa or other top world visas if you’re applying as a Cameroonian, than as a Nigerian.

Later in life if you want to come down here and take up government position, appointment or job, you can obtain a Nigerian passport, identity and probably abandon/denounce your Cameroonian own, and enjoy the wealth that comes with such big government position you’ve landed in Nigeria. cheesy

210 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Nicoswit(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elgorny:
Ooh okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
if you intend to travel very soon and have secured your travel funds and can elope in 2021,2022,2023 then get your Cameroon passport.

It is easier to be granted American visa or other top world visas if you’re applying as a Cameroonian, than as a Nigerian.

Later in life if you want to come down here and take up government position, appointment or job, you can obtain a Nigerian passport, identity and probably abandon/denounce your Cameroonian own, and enjoy the wealth that comes with such big government position you’ve landed in Nigeria. cheesy
thanks, but i can't speak french, how can i face the chaleges?

5 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by TarOrfeeek: 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
There is no tribalism in Cameroon?

You are a big empty yellow Jerry can.

The francophone and anglophone crisis which has dragged for so many years - what started it?

Friendship?

392 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

The francophone and anglophone crisis which has dragged for so many years - what started it?

Friendship?
Bro don't get me wrong. Talking from my esprience, that crisis is been fueled by politics

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elonmuskfan: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elgorny:
thanks, but i can't speak french, how can i face the chaleges?
when applying for Cameroonian National ID card?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
when applying for Cameroonian National ID card?
Probably next two week, i have already obtain my act de neisansce./ birth certificate., and my indigine letter

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elonmuskfan: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elgorny:
Probably next two week, i have already obtain my act de neisansce./ birth certificate., and my indigine letter
it can’t be too hard. Learn the basics in French. Though you should have acquired basic French before this application instead of applying before studying.

But since it’s done, try find a Cameroonian lawyer who knows the process of Id acquisition, the likely questions and the correct answers in French language.

Goodluck in doing that

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by etrange: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
You noticed all these in how many days? Have you asked those who are visiting Abuja or Lagos for the first time what they think about Nigeria? My point is, you were in a vacation mode and the feeling of newness is easily confused with being better. You were born in Nigeria and you grew up in Nigeria, so I see why you'd feel the pasture is greener on the other side. Anglophone countries only hear about fellow anglophone countries (Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, etc). We don't read much about francophone countries (you probably do cause your parents are from there) so we don't really appreciate thier issues. I'm not saying Nigeria is better but you should know Cameroon has its own problems ranging from secessionism to corruption to not-so-good economy. The police as just as corrupt as they are in Nigeria. Which politics do you want to discuss when the same person has been ruling the country long before you were born? You think they have equal rights and some people want to create thier own country? Are you bilingual?

Cameroon used to be a popular destination for Nigerians (mainly Igbos) cause it allowed them to tap into the francophone market which was non-existent in Nigeria. They also got along well with the business minded Douala people more than they did with the Hausas up North. While things have changed, it's still a relatively peaceful country or, at least, it seems to be. This means less stress and probably longer life span. On the other hand, Nigeria is a bigger country with a more viable and relatively more independent economy. This means more opportunities and more cash flow. With a corruption index of 27 and 25, I don't see any significant difference in that regards. Nigeria has the benefits and issues of bigger, more complex and more dynamic country while Cameroon has the benefits and issues of a smaller and more easy going country.

I know I didn't give a definite answer but I hope I, at least, gave some insights. Whatever you do, know that your choice is not for you alone but for your unborn kids. Seeing that you are qualified for both passports, why not get them all?

232 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
it can’t be too hard. Learn the basics in French. Though you should have acquired basic French before this application instead of applying before studying.

But since it’s done, try find a Cameroonian lawyer who knows the process of Id acquisition, the likely questions and the correct answers in French language.

Goodluck in doing that
thanks alot sir

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
[quote author=etrange post=100880174]You noticed all these in how many days? Have you asked those who are visiting Abuja or Lagos for the first time what they think about Nigeria? My point is, you were in a vacation mode and the feeling of newness is easily confused with being better. You were born in Nigeria and you grew up in Nigeria, so I see why you'd feel the pasture is greener on the other side. Anglophone countries only hear about fellow anglophone countries (Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, etc). We don't read much about francophone countries (you probably do cause your parents are from there) so we don't really appreciate thier issues. I'm not saying Nigeria is better but you should know Cameroon has its own problems ranging from secessionism to corruption to not-so-good economy. The police as just as corrupt as they are in Nigeria. Which politics do you want to discuss when the same person has been ruling the country long before you were born? Thanks bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lalasticlala mynd44 abeg push it to fp
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ednut1(m): 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elgorny:
Lalasticlala mynd44 abeg push it to fp
only you can decide what is best for you. Not us that are not in your shoes
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by MERCHANDISER: 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
the two country are useless

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by etrange: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
Elonmuskfan:

Hhmm.... Just curious, is this difference really reason enough to decide one's nationality?

In 2013, the B1 visa refusal rate in Cameroon was 37.3% and that of Nigeria was 35.1%. Though both have increased with Cameroon being almost 60% now and Nigeria chasing 70%, I think what Nigeria really has is higher number of applicants which makes this 10% difference to translate into a high number. This higher number of applicants stems from two facts: first, Nigeria is far more populated and second, Cameroonians apply for French visa more than they apply for the US visa (going by the available stats). I think the higher rejection rate in Nigeria is because of more people trying to game the system and getting caught while at it. The genuine ones who want to visit and go back home or those that want to study still get their Visa. The problem is when you want to use a visitor's Visa to migrate (which is mostly the case in Nigeria).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the difference rejection rate is insignificant but I believe it's just not enough to decide one's nationality. This is especially now that countries are moving towards the less subjective point based immigration system where nationality doesn't count (Nigerians are performing great here). Again, Cameroon's lack of recognition for dual citizenship is also a flag to consider. You'd likely find yourself denouncing the passport later and there's no telling how rosy that would be.

I could be wrong though.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
ednut1:
only you can decide what is best for you. Not us that are not in your shoes
To seek for an advice from public is not a bad idea

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by P1PrinceKT(m): 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
very organize country with law abiden citizen

If you want became a good citizen as you claimed above chose Cameroon not Nigeria.

here they are all scammers, bandits, and Yahoo boys.

choose wisely.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
P1PrinceKT:
very organize country with law abiden citizen

If you want became a good citizen as you claimed above chose Cameroon not Nigeria.

here they are all scammer bandits and Yahoo boys.

choose wisely.
Thanks
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by TMKsouth: 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Friendship?

There's a third passport he should add to his dilemma: the Ambazonian.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
Both are useless anyway. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by NwaNimo1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Bros, the day you get a Cameroon passport....

[img]https://media./images/c70fe63e3fcfa368f66fa17085ee5a02/tenor.gif[/img]

Your free of this contraption.....

13 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kini iyato laarin faili & fali?

11 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by BgSalome: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Don't Choose Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by MorataFC: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
See question.
Africa is my Father land Nigeria is my country oh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by GODBLESSBUHARI: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Killed, Others Injured In Bayelsa Airport Road Accident (Graphic Photos) / Lagos Light Rail: Pictures Of Marina Train Station Under Construction / Awkward-Looking Keke NAPEP Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.