Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,639 members, 7,955,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon (37977 Views)

If You Were To Get Second Africa Citizenship, Which Country Will It Be? / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Depressed101: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
There is no tribalism in Cameroon?

You are a big empty yellow Jerry can.

The francophone and anglophone crisis which has dragged for so many years - what started it?

Friendship?
don't mind the op
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:11am On Apr 18, 2021
nigeria is not a country and has never been a country before. pls save your life by opting for cameroon..

2 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ElValiente(m): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2021
Get the two bro. You'll understand in the future. I did it for my daughter.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by frozen70(f): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,

That you were born in Nigeria doesn't make you a citizen, not at all

You are a citizen of cameroun and that's where you belong

If you want to have a Nigeria passport, either of your parents must be a Nigerian or you become citizen by registration, that too is not automatic, you will be told of what documents to bring and am very sure that you don't have any

So get your nationality passport

2 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by LordPherule(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,

Preferably, I will say you should do the Cameroon nationality first and foremost as priority or first choice, then come back to 9ja to do it too - Dual citizenship.

Cameroun won't know if you have for Nigeria too.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sharprd: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2021
You're a Cameroonian, go and get your country's passport. Period.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:22am On Apr 18, 2021
Cameroonglass:
Bro, i know the two countries well, and all i will tell u is that u are a Cameroonian, go get your passport. It will give you more opportunities than the Nigerian passport.... Start by traveling to Cameroon and get your National identity card. God bless Cameroon.God bless the real Giant of Central Africa.
Cameroon giant of what? your cameroun is even worst than nigeria.. wait is cameroun even a country?
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ghettochild(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
thanks, but i can't speak french, how can i face the chaleges?
Cameroon is francophone n anglophone

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ThatFairGuy1: 9:55am On Apr 18, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
if you intend to travel very soon and have secured your travel funds and can elope in 2021,2022,2023 then get your Cameroon passport.

It is easier to be granted American visa or other top world visas if you’re applying as a Cameroonian, than as a Nigerian.

Later in life if you want to come down here and take up government position, appointment or job, you can obtain a Nigerian passport, identity and probably abandon/denounce your Cameroonian own, and enjoy the wealth that comes with such big government position you’ve landed in Nigeria. cheesy
Very unpatriotic element angry

You'll also enjoy from it, wether good or bad
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 9:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
thanks, but i can't speak french, how can i face the chaleges?

All you need is time. You can live in the Anglophone area without any need for French, but if you are to go to the Francophone area with the most developed cities in Cameroon eg Douala and Yaounde you'll need French. That doesn't mean you won't survive without French in Francophone part of Cameroon, but for proper understanding of what's going on around you you'll need French. Places like Bonaberi in Douala is almost Anglophone, though in a Francophone region most people there speak English.

Also you don't need to worry because Cameroon is a bilingual country. In Boua, Bamenda or Limbe its like you are still in Nigeria, same type of english.
If you want to stay in Francophone area like Douala or Yaounde just give yourself time while there, you'll pick up the French easily.

2 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ThatFairGuy1: 9:59am On Apr 18, 2021
P1PrinceKT:
very organize country with law abiden citizen

If you want became a good citizen as you claimed above chose Cameroon not Nigeria.

here they are all scammers, bandits, and Yahoo boys.

choose wisely.
You're one of those who you listed, you're one of Nigeria problem
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ThatFairGuy1: 10:00am On Apr 18, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Kini iyato laarin faili & fali?
Faili ni 'i' meji, fali ni 'i' eyokan angry

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Cameroonglass(m): 10:03am On Apr 18, 2021
Guy,i d tell u pure
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Cameroonglass(m): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2021
Guy u funny, u can't compare the two countries in anything
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by inchristalone(m): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2021
Do your Cameroonian card. By so doing, you can be a bonafide citizen of the country.

As for Nigeria, you can move in and out at will without any identification.

That's the depth of our porosity as a country.

3 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by somehow: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2021
LMS1:
Op Before U Travel To Your Camaroun Here Are A Few Things You May Wish To Consider:

1: Voting Buhari Out Of Power First!

2: Learning To Speak Cuma Ti Ta Pe(french)

3: Learning How To Stop Screaming "Up Nepa"! While In Cameroun.

4: Learning How To Stop Hearing About ESN, Biafra, Tinubu, APC, Bandits, Chibok, Davido And Chioma Saga, Buhari In London, Prison Break, And Dangote Cement Price cheesy

Op If You Need More Tips Pls Send "MORE" To 2452,
Service Charge Is N750 Per Week grin

How can you vote a man out of power when he's not eligible to run again?
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 10:12am On Apr 18, 2021
Kinematics:

All you need is time. You can live in the Angliphone area without any need for French, but if you are to go to the Francophone area with the most developed cities in Cameroon eg Douala and Yaounde you'll need French. That doesn't mean you won't survive without French in Francophone part of Cameroon, but for proper understanding of what's going on around you you'll need French. Places like Bonaberi in Douala is almost Anglophone, though in a a Francophone region most people there speak English.

Also you don't need to worry because Cameroon is a bilingual country. In Boua, Bamenda or Limbe its like you are still in Nigeria, same type of english.
If you want to stay in Francophone area like Douala or Yaounde just give yourself time while there, you'll pick up the French easily.
thanks
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2021
Cameroonglass:
Guy u funny, u can't compare the two countries in anything

Let me do my own comparison based on my experience living in both.

1. Security - Cameroon wins
2. Peaceful - Cameroon wins
3. Standard of Living - Cameroon wins
4. Electricity - Cameroon wins
5. Stable economy - Cameroon wins
6. Human Development - Cameroon wins
7. Life expectancy - Cameroon wins
8. Literacy rate - Cameroon wins
9. Poverty- Nigeria wins
10. Vibrant and bigger economy - Nigeria wins
11. Roads - Nigeria wins
12. Economic advancement - Nigeria wins
13. Ease of doing business - Nigeria wins
14. Entertainment/media - Nigeria wins
15. Developed cities - Nigeria wins, though the few developed cities in Cameroon like Douala and Yaounde are more beautiful and organised than Nigerian cities.
16. Exposure in general - Nigeria wins
17. Corruption - Nigeria wins
18. Military power - Nigeria wins
19. Cost of Living - Cameroon wins
20. Access to pipe borne water - Cameroon wins
21. Political instability - Nigeria wins

5 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 10:23am On Apr 18, 2021
ElValiente:
Get the two bro. You'll understand in the future. I did it for my daughter.
how can i process on that
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by perdollar(m): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2021
Ambazonia n Biafra r one. it's better to b stateless than b citizen of the zoo and plantain republic
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 10:28am On Apr 18, 2021
Kinematics:

Let me do my own comparison based on my experience living in both.

1. Security - Cameroon wins
2. Peaceful - Cameroon wins
3. Standard of Living - Cameroon wins
4. Electricity - Cameroon wins
5. Stable economy - Cameroon wins
6. Human Development - Cameroon wins
7. Life expectancy - Cameroon wins
8. Literacy rate - Cameroon wins
9. Poverty- Nigeria wins
10. Vibrant and bigger economy - Nigeria wins
11. Roads - Nigeria wins
12. Economic advancement - Nigeria wins
13. Ease of doing business - Nigeria wins
14. Entertainment/media - Nigeria wins
15. Developed cities - Nigeria wins, though the few developed cities in Cameroon like Douala and Yaounde are more beautiful and organised than Nigerian cities.
16. Exposure in general - Nigeria wins
17. Corruption - Nigeria wins
18. Military power - Nigeria wins
19. Cost of Living - Cameroon wins
20. Access to pipe borne water - Cameroon wins
21. Political instability - Nigeria wins
win4 cmron
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Cameroonglass(m): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2021
100%
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2021
Cameroonglass:
100%
101%

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Sammie2021: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2021
bro I need a answer from you too, are there trading crypto currency in Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sammyranking(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2021
RoiSoleil:
Cameroon not allowing dual nationality is the only thing you should consider at this point.

the Cameroonian passport doesn't do much more for you than the Nigerian one, but I think you would rather a Buhari or Jonathan who you can insult in peace... than an uncle Paul or auntie Chantal.

The guy seeking for advice should follow this.
A country that allows dual citizenship does the best good.
I strongly believe that. You can’t compare 2 and 1.
I know many people will attack me for saying this.
Y’all choosing Cameroon over Nigeria. Should travel there and make one since it’s a law abiding country
I know all countries have their own problems they are dealing with.
Choose wisely.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by vickertony(m): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2021
Both are sh****t holes.
Choose your sh****t hole wisely. undecided
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 10:50am On Apr 18, 2021
vickertony:
Both are sh****t holes.
Choose your sh****t hole wisely. undecided

100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Naty007: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2021
Asking whether to choose between hell fire and hell
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Zaggafrank: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
All these things you have said, I will rather be a Cameroonian than Nigerian. You have a better future as a Cameroonian. A typical Nigerian is lawless and tribalistic. The last thing most think of is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 11:06am On Apr 18, 2021
Zaggafrank:

All these things you have said, I will rather be a Cameroonian than Nigerian. You have a better future as a Cameroonian. A typical Nigerian is lawless and tribalistic. The last thing most think of is Nigeria.
naso
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:08am On Apr 18, 2021
Would the Op have been this confused if he was to choose between South Africa and Cameroon ? I'm sure he would pick South Africa immediately without any consideration for Cameroon the country of his parents.

Shame on Nigeria !

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by MrGerald(m): 11:51am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
You have said it all, go for the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bandits Ambush Dangote Staff Bus In Kogi, Kidnap Dozens In Bloody Assault / Accident In Abuja,SUV Catches Fire Due To Fuel Leakage At Police Checkpoint(pics / The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.