Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon (36974 Views)

If You Were To Get Second Africa Citizenship, Which Country Will It Be? / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Emmasnoop(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
I dey vex for you with buhari in power abeg choose the other country, there was once a country call Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Gerrard59(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
My brother, dual citizenship neither recognized nor allowed in cameroon

It does not matter. It's the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. When entering Cameroon, use her passport ditto for Nigeria. Don't show any Nigerian official your Cameroonian passport or vice versa.

P.S. For this kind of act, don't aspire to run for an elected position or accept a public appointment if not you would be required to let go of one passport (presumably the Cameroonian).

4 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
LMS1:
Op Before U Travel To Your Camaroun Here Are A Few Things You May Wish To Consider:

1: Voting Buhari Out Of Power First!

2: Learning To Speak Cuma Ti Ta Pe(french)

3: Learning How To Stop Screaming "Up Nepa"! While In Cameroun.

4: Learning How To Stop Hearing About ESN, Biafra, Tinubu, APC, Bandits, Chibok, Davido And Chioma Saga, Buhari In London, Prison Break, And Dangote Cement Price cheesy

Op If You Need More Tips Pls Send "MORE" To 2452,
Service Charge Is N750 Per Week grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Gerrard59(m): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ezaboto:
Well, I will just advise you to follow your mind. I was born and bred in Benin Republic. But my dad is Nigerian. Today, I'm carrying a Nigerian passport. I'm eligible for both. But I will choose Nigeria any day any time. If not for bad leadership we shouldn't be comparing Nigeria with any country in Africa. I have a lot of Beninese friends who would do anything to get a Nigerian passport.

Nigerians don't tend to appreciate Nigeria because they grew up here. But growing up in a francophone country I know Nigeria is far better.

Francophone Africa is a shithole na. ALL are horrible places to live.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Francophone Africa is a shithole na. ALL are horrible places to live.

Gabon left this comment.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Gerrard59(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kinematics:

Gabon left this comment.

It's even a more pronounced version of a shithole considering her size and natural resources. One aspect to show you ALL are shitholes is the size of their economies - no francophone country's economy is amongst the top five Sub-Saharan African economies.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Emyben(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Bro, you’ve answered the question yourself.
Cameroon doesn’t recognise Dual Nationality.
Nigeria does.

You want to go to America, a country that recognises dual Nationality which means that with a Nigerian Passport and fulfilling all obligations, you can also become an American Citizen while still a Nigerian Citizen.
Cameroonian passport wouldn’t let you become American.

Forget all the nonsenses you hear. In the comity of Nations, Nigerians as a people and not as a government are known more for their achievements rather than their short fallings. You can tap into that.

Corruption wise, Nigeria and Cameroon are basically same. Both countries are fantastically corrupt according to corruption indexes. So?

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sylve11: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
LMS1:
Op Before U Travel To Your Camaroun Here Are A Few Things You May Wish To Consider:

1: Voting Buhari Out Of Power First!

2: Learning To Speak Cuma Ti Ta Pe(french)

3: Learning How To Stop Screaming "Up Nepa"! While In Cameroun.

4: Learning How To Stop Hearing About ESN, Biafra, Tinubu, APC, Bandits, Chibok, Davido And Chioma Saga, Buhari In London, Prison Break, And Dangote Cement Price cheesy

Op If You Need More Tips Pls Send "MORE" To 2452,
Service Charge Is N750 Per Week grin

Hahaha grin cool
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

It's even a more pronounced version of a shithole considering her size and natural resources. One aspect to show you ALL are shitholes is the size of their economies - no francophone country's economy is amongst the top five Sub-Saharan African economies.

One thing you should know is that majority of the landlocked countries in Africa are francophone especially in west Africa, hence their condition. Also note that Gabon is better than majority of Anglophone Africa including Nigeria even with a small economy.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Agbebakun22: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
So u be Cameroon and u wan come dey drag national cake with me common dey go ur country

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

It does not matter. It's the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. When entering Cameroon, use her passport ditto for Nigeria. Don't show any Nigerian official your Cameroonian passport or vice versa.

P.S. For this kind of act, don't aspire to run for an elected position or accept a public appointment if not you would be required to let go of one passport (presumably the Cameroonian).
thanks
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Gerrard59(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kinematics:

One thing you should know is that majority of the landlocked countries in Africa are francophone especially in west Africa, hence their condition.

Also note that Gabon is better than majority of Anglophone Africa including Nigeria even with a small economy.

Ghana, Gambia, Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone are abut to the Atlantic ocean.

Mali, Benin Republic, Togo, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mauritania, Guinea Conakry. If I add Cameroon, that makes it eight.

If you must lie, please do so intelligently.

Second bold, Gabon is presumably doing well because she's smaller. It doesn't change the fact that it's a shithole. Assessing countries' economies on per capita basis is quite mischievous esp when the governance systems are dysfunctional.

Again, I reiterate, the vast vast majority of Sub-Saharan Africa is a shithole but francophone Sub-Saharan Africa is a bigger shithole. These are facts and they don't care about your feelings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Ghana, Gambia, Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone are abut to the Atlantic ocean.

Mali, Benin Republic, Togo, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mauritania, Guinea Conakry. If I add Cameroon, that makes it eight.

If you must lie, please do so intelligently.

Second bold, Gabon is presumably doing well because she's smaller. It doesn't change the fact that it's a shithole. Assessing countries' economies on per capita basis is quite mischievous esp when the governance systems are dysfunctional.

Again, I reiterate, the vast vast majority of Sub-Saharan Africa is a shithole but francophone Sub-Saharan Africa is a bigger shithole. These are facts and they don't care about your feelings.

Well let me educate you. Besides Southern and Eastern African countries like Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Uganda, and South Sudan how many Anglophone African countries that are landlocked and bereaved of natural resources like Niger, Mali, Chad, Central African Republic, Burundi and Rwanda?

Even the ones with access to the sea how many Anglophone countries are doing better than Francophone?
Note that France colonised the largest part of Africa, but were not strategic in choosing colonies unlike the British and Portuguese.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
Do both. Nigeria is messed up already and no solution in sight except break-up or restructure.

You can always run into cameroon when trouble starts in Nigeria. I pity those trouble makers in Nigeria who don't have a place to run to.

Do both passports and identify with cameroonians in Nigeria and cameroon.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sirabbey(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,

I have been to Cameroon in recent time, and I can tell you that with all its problems and warts, Nigeria is still light years ahead of Cameroon. Cameroonians are docile, intimidated, and caged, so much so that they can not stand up against the misrule of emperor Paul Biya aka the force of experience that has kept Cameroon underdeveloped for the past 40years and more.

Simple things as bank transfer on mobile which is taken for granted in Nigeria is rocket science in Cameroon. In terms of infrastructure, Cameroon is still in 1970s compared to Nigeria. If you are forward-looking, go for Nigeria Passport, it is not the best in Africa but it is by far better than the Cameroonian passport except of course if France is your eldorado and ultimate, then you may go for the Cameroon Passport.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
sirabbey:

I have been to Cameroon in recent time, and I can tell you that with all its problems and warts, Nigeria is still light years ahead of Cameroon. Cameroonians are docile, intimidated, and caged, so much so that they can not stand up against the misrule of emperor Paul Biya aka the force of experience that has kept Cameroon underdeveloped for the past 40years and more.

Simple things as bank transfer on mobile which is taken for granted in Nigeria is rocket science in Cameroon. In terms of infrastructure, Cameroon is still in 1970s compared to Nigeria. If you are forward-looking, go for Nigeria Passport, it is not the best in Africa but it is by far better than the Cameroonian passport except of course if France is your eldorado and ultimate, then you may go for the Cameroon Passport.

thats true
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by NWAAMARA(f): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kinematics:

He was born here and has lived all his life here, so?
go and read the constitution! it's against the law!
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by NWAAMARA(f): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
wannemo pls spare a room for me in biafara land abeg
which useless biafra?!
what have all the SE govs since 1999 done in their respective states? what have the senators, rep members, LGA chairmen done? that those in North are your problem. clean inside of the cup first before u complain of outside! if u do yours at state level, then u can complain of federal. not the other way round. Onye Zuzu. tufiakwa gi!
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sylve11: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
captain247:

Bro you're 100% correct. I experienced just a little when my vessel was there I couldn't believe a country that we share border with will not permit me free access into their country from the ship. As soon as myself and the Ghanaian crew got to the jetty gate show our passport they call police and took us to somewhere and they only English the police lady spoke was "you all are under arrest" and the rest she was speaking French of which we don't don't understand. So not until after keeping us for some hours she then ask for 60k cfa equivalent of $100 then, so we contributed 50k cfa and gave her , she then called me and started speaking strong pidgin I was like so money don enter pocket na now you remember say we share border and we be sisters I told her madam I'm going back to my ship enjoy your country. Since then I never step my foot on their soil.

There are some places you will travel to and you will know that Nija is far better.

As for the guy that wants to know about which citizen to adopt weigh your options by comparing which country has economic relevance and relationships globally with other nations cos nija has relevance in most countries and are accepted . Green passport don carry me enter different places and I tell you I still like Nija even though things are not okay.

Well said. cool
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sylve11: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jetline:

Op, that you were born in Nigeria does not qualify you for Nigerian citizenship if your both parents are Cameroonians. Therefore, you are a Cameroonian by nationality but not a Nigerian. Read the Nigerian citizenship act...

I think that guy should be watch out for and make sure he isn't issued the Nigerian passport. cool

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sylve11: 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
But one can still get it, primary school certificate and indigine later. Plus money thats all

You are just here to make fun of Nigeria. Not your fault. angry cool
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sylve11: 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
2mNaira:

What I am trying to tell you is that you
you are not really a Nigerian.

True! cool
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sylve11: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
Faller:
Op if Cameroon was so good...ask yourself why your parents refused to go back for almost 3 decades

Bad man! grin cool
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
NWAAMARA:

go and read the constitution! it's against the law!

So how can one become a Nigerian? What about becoming a Nigerian by Naturalisation?

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
NWAAMARA:

which useless biafra?!
what have all the SE govs since 1999 done in their respective states? what have the senators, rep members, LGA chairmen done? that those in North are your problem. clean inside of the cup first before u complain of outside! if u do yours at state level, then u can complain of federal. not the other way round. Onye Zuzu. tufiakwa gi!
na true talk
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
Faller:
Op if Cameroon was so good...ask yourself why your parents refused to go back for almost 3 decades

Sure when they came Cameroon was not that good, but right now its better.

They are now more Nigerian than Cameroonians and are probably used to Nigeria now than there own country. Afterall there are Nigerians living in Afghanistan.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kolinakano: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
Your Parents choose Nigeria, why not you choose your parents choice!

⛸️⛸️⛸️
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Hafizeto: 12:34am On Apr 19, 2021
Baba am lucky for u o do d Cameroon bro by hafiz

2 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by bigcasava1(m): 3:22am On Apr 19, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,
And you are still wasting time of embracing a good life in cameroon. If I have the opportunity to be in cameroon I will seize to be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sylve11: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2021
CalmElder:

Story. Who get time to dey check who be Nigerian or not?

That's the problem.

No database and that's the biggest problem.

People from other nationalities are crossing Nigerian borders anyhow.

I know you are not a Nigerian, mr. Man, but don't worry. angry cool
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by CalmElder(m): 8:30am On Apr 19, 2021
sylve11:

That's the problem.

No database and that's the biggest problem.

People from other nationalities are crossing Nigerian borders anyhow.

I know you are not a Nigerian, mr. Man, but don't worry. angry cool

I'm a Nigerian.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by NWAAMARA(f): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
Kinematics:

So how can one become a Nigerian? What about becoming a Nigerian by Naturalisation?
go and read up what citizenship by naturalisation entails!
OP doesn't have Nigerian ties! Dad and mom are Cameroonians! Didn't you see that?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience / Lady Falls Inside Flooded Gutter Due To Badagry Express Bad Roads (Photos) / My Trip To Fiji And Travel Tips For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.