Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon (36960 Views)

If You Were To Get Second Africa Citizenship, Which Country Will It Be? / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by femi4: 6:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,
You ve chosen already now

2 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by blesoh(f): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
There is no tribalism in Cameroon?

You are a big empty yellow Jerry can.

The francophone and anglophone crisis which has dragged for so many years - what started it?

Friendship?
I laughed when i saw that statement.
What really brought the fight that has kept many homeless, the boys who have now turned to ambazonians or whatever, people are still dying till date, i know this because my community shares border with Cameroon
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by NWAAMARA(f): 7:03am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,
YOU'RE NOT A NIGERIAN AND CANT BE ONE ACCORDING TO THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION!
YOU CANT. DONT ATTEMPT IT. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED!
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 7:05am On Apr 18, 2021
From personal experience as regards to standard of living in both countries, I'll advice you to choose Cameroon. More peaceful, more organised, less political instability, less tribalism, better electricity by far, a simple way of life, better food (yes better and more variety of food),
Natural environment etc. Dont know about travelling what you stand to gain with a Cameroonian passport outside Africa. But if its simply living in Africa or travelling within Africa then Cameroon gives you a better advantage than Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by NWAAMARA(f): 7:05am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Your Opinions is welcome Good people of nairaland
a foreigner wants to obtain Nigerian passport. both parents are Cameroonians. its against the constitution.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Kinematics: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2021
NWAAMARA:

a foreigner wants to obtain Nigerian passport. both parents are Cameroonians. its against the constitution.

He was born here and has lived all his life here, so?
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Ikpongiton: 7:08am On Apr 18, 2021
abeg choose cameroon.wetin you take Nigeria do.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Gokoyer0(m): 7:11am On Apr 18, 2021
The fact that they still have vegetable Biya as their president since 1982 speaks volumes. He was prime minister from 1975-1982 and he has been their president since 1982. I wonder what kind of people allows that.
A 40 years old cameroonian does not know any other person as thier president other than Paul Biya.

The saddest part of it is that, Biya is so old and weak right now and he is spending most of his time between switzerland and France right now.

I know Naija is messed up but Cameroun is bleeped up.

CrazyGranddad:

You are lying OP.

There is suppression of dissent in Cameroon and the English speaking parts are marginalised. You've forgotten some parts are fighting in a conflict to secceed?

Which no tribalism you see? Where? In Nigeria do you need ID card to buy bus tickets?

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 7:12am On Apr 18, 2021
NWAAMARA:

YOU'RE NOT A NIGERIAN AND CANT BE ONE ACCORDING TO THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION!
YOU CANT. DONT ATTEMPT IT. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED!
wannemo pls spare a room for me in biafara land abeg
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by JTbaba2020: 7:13am On Apr 18, 2021
@Elgorny - You can have both. Although Cameroon doesn't recognize dual citizenship, Nigeria does. So get your Cameroon citizenship, you will always be a Nigerian as you are Nigerian by Birth. Remember the USA is similar but we have Nigerians with both US & Nigerian citizenship.
Besides its your heritage - embrace it, some Nigerian parents regardless of disgust at the state of Nigeria still get Nigerian passport for their America born children.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 7:13am On Apr 18, 2021
Iseoluwani:

Elgorny
best advice
so far the best
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2021
JTbaba2020:
@Elgorny - You can have both. Although Cameroon doesn't recognize dual citizenship, Nigeria does. So get your Cameroon citizenship, you will always be a Nigerian as you are Nigerian by Birth. Remember the USA is similar but we have Nigerians with both US & Nigerian citizenship.
Besides its your heritage - embrace it, some Nigerian parents regardless of disgust at the state of Nigeria still get Nigerian passport for their America born children.
thanks
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ultimateprof: 7:17am On Apr 18, 2021
There is no much difference between Monkey and chimpanzee, you can embrace one because of its size and you can refrain the other because of its size also, but don't forget that both of them are stupid.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 7:20am On Apr 18, 2021
Kinematics:
From personal experience as regards to standard of living in both countries, I'll advice you to choose Cameroon. More peaceful, more organised, less political instability, less tribalism, better electricity by far, a simple way of life, better food (yes better and more variety of food),
Natural environment etc. Dont know about travelling what you stand to gain with a Cameroonian passport outside Africa. But if its simply living in Africa or travelling within Africa then Cameroon gives you a better advantage than Nigeria.
that's true
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by 36STATES: 7:25am On Apr 18, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
There is no tribalism in Cameroon?

You are a big empty yellow Jerry can.

The francophone and anglophone crisis which has dragged for so many years - what started it?

Friendship?

Don't mind the little boy and his ignorance.

Cameroon is officially the two or three apartheid countries in the world today.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by SavageResponse(m): 7:32am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:

They're both shithole countries grin
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by hustla(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Your Opinions is welcome Good people of nairaland

Choose Cameroon

Wayyyy easier to travel to other countries with a Cameroonian passport

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Invitationn: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
if you intend to travel very soon and have secured your travel funds and can elope in 2021,2022,2023 then get your Cameroon passport.

It is easier to be granted American visa or other top world visas if you’re applying as a Cameroonian, than as a Nigerian.

Later in life if you want to come down here and take up government position, appointment or job, you can obtain a Nigerian passport, identity and probably abandon/denounce your Cameroonian own, and enjoy the wealth that comes with such big government position you’ve landed in Nigeria. cheesy
Fairy tale grin grin
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Invitationn: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2021
nizelgirl:
Don't choose Nigeria. You even said it your self that the country are law abiding.
Law abiding but no freedom grin
You can call Buhari a dictator but Paul Biya is levels ahead.
That's why 2days in Cameroon, OP already noticed you can't talk politics in public.
Nigga has been in power since forever; 45years!

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by tellwisdom: 7:59am On Apr 18, 2021
You can’t even get a Nigerian passport without some vital informations. Starting from liaison office.

But which passport did you travel to Cameroon with??
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Ferdinandu(m): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
They can't discuss politics because their rights of freedom have been completely suppressed. They are a people in chains, if you go to a slave camp that is how it is because nobody wants to incur the wrath of the slave master. Nigeria is free compared to some countries but we never appreciate that. Cameroun is in the same league with North Korea. Choose freedom my friend

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by CalmElder(m): 8:06am On Apr 18, 2021
2mNaira:

Look, if you go to Nigerian passport office and apply for a passport purely on the fact that you were born in Nigeria when none of your parents are Nigerians, you won't be issued a passport. While filling the passport application form you have to fill information about yourself parent's origin. If he however you lie that your parents are indegenes of Nigeria you are likely to get the passport. I can assure you that those people you spoke of lied their way into those acquisitions. If they had told the truth they would have been turned down.

If these people venture in the future into something like politics, they would be bursted.

You're right, but Nigeria should relax it.
We lost a good goalkeeper (Edward Ansah) and midfielder (Kwame) to the policy.
There may be high value people that we are pushing away that would have been of benefit to us.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by tellwisdom: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2021
Kinematics:

He was born here and has lived all his life here, so?

He still can’t get the passport. He would be told at liaison office. Go bring your state of origin Certificate, then u go begin scratch ur bier bier.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by 2mNaira: 8:20am On Apr 18, 2021
CalmElder:

There may be high value people that we are pushing away that would have been of benefit to us.

It isn't a policy.It is in the constitution. It is not healthy for any Nation to allow non-citizens to play the role of citizens.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by BigDawsNet: 8:21am On Apr 18, 2021
Good one bro

Dual is allowed

Get your Nigerian passport
And also secure your Cameroonian international passport

You will need both at some point

Start working on your French language

You can apply for scholarship in France
It's gonna be so easy with your Cameroon passport...

Goodluck bro

Don't forget to give your kids same gift

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by AlexB300: 8:37am On Apr 18, 2021
Naija dey piss me off o, but we’re still better than Cameroon. If to say na Ghana, i for understand. Naija all the way wink
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Killermamba: 8:49am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:

2 bad option's
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by 2mNaira: 8:53am On Apr 18, 2021
CalmElder:

If anyone wants to be a Nigerian he has to apply.If he meets the conditions he will be granted citizenship.Being born in Nigeria is not one of the conditions.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by CalmElder(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2021
2mNaira:

If anyone wants to be a Nigerian he has to apply.If he meets the conditions he will be granted citizenship.Being born in Nigeria is not one of the conditions.

Yes. They should apply, but being born in Nigeria should be one of the conditions.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Edwin046(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
thanks, but i can't speak french, how can i face the chaleges?
southern part of Cameron is English speak,i have a friend here born and brought up in Cameroon but do not speak French
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by CalmElder(m): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2021
2mNaira:

It isn't a policy.It is in the constitution. It is not healthy for any Nation to allow non-citizens to play the role of citizens.

Constitution, to a large extent, determine policy.
Constitutions can be altered and policies reversed.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by omoharry(f): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2021
P1PrinceKT:
very organize country with law abiden citizen

If you want became a good citizen as you claimed above chose Cameroon not Nigeria.

here they are all scammers, bandits, and Yahoo boys.

choose wisely.
Then you should stop scamming people and engaging in shady deals .Be an upright citizens . Ok!
Since we are all scammers, including you , your brothers and sister, then Nigeria should be the Number one country of scammers & drugs peddlers in the world .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident / Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience / Lady Falls Inside Flooded Gutter Due To Badagry Express Bad Roads (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.